PDA

View Full Version : Deals to be had!!!

Bob Penn
02-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Monday I went to the PA Outdoor Sportsman show in Harrisburg, PA. As usual the show is huge. Primarily being a hunting and fishing show run by the NRA, but it did have a Honda quad display. So I stopped by and started talking to a gentleman who turned out to be a regional district manager for Honda.
I started praising the F6B and complaining about how poorly Honda marketed the bike. If only I would have known how good the machine performs. I would have bought one sooner but I didn't know because I was unable to test ride one even though I attended several bike rallies and shows like Americade where the test ride waiting list was filled by 6 am.
What amazed me is he stated there still are many left over models still left in Honda's inventory but their dealers refuse to stock them optioning to sell new models at higher profit margins.

Seems to me an enterprising guy could talk a dealer into looking at that inventory and order a zero mile bike that meets his wants at a surprising savings. I know I bought my listed $22 k, 2013 for $15 k last June. There still are promotions out there for the dealer.

OK just a thought.

shooter
02-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Bob when I was in Russellville last fall the sales manager told me that there was still a lot of new 13's out there. He said that when they become available they buy them and they usually sell within a week. The smaller dealerships have them and eventually they give up in selling them and release them to the larger dealerships at a loss.

waynerock66
02-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Had a local dealer agree to sell me a left over '13 last summer but after finding the one I wanted he insisted that I pay several surcharges and by the time it was over the price was well north of 16k. No thanks. Found a nice used'13 for a price I could live with instead.

shooter
02-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Yeah Wayne some of these dealers get greedy. Not content to make a little they will keep it and the interest on their floorplan will eat up the profit.

Jimmytee
02-10-2016, 12:44 PM
I paid 15.3 k for my 13 in July of 14. The dealer down the street from me ( new small dealer about 1.5 miles from my house) didn't have one. He was still waiting on a 14 he had one order. I called him and told him about a couple of deals I had come across. He told me he'd call back. He called me back and said he could have me one the next day. He then cancelled his order for the 14 he had and started bringing in 13s one at a time and has sold all of them. I think the count was over 10 the last time I talked to him. Some of them only lasting a day. He doesn't make much money on them but has sold everyone of them in short order.

Fla_rider
02-11-2016, 12:46 PM
I paid 15.3 k for my 13 in July of 14. The dealer down the street from me ( new small dealer about 1.5 miles from my house) didn't have one. He was still waiting on a 14 he had one order. I called him and told him about a couple of deals I had come across. He told me he'd call back. He called me back and said he could have me one the next day. He then cancelled his order for the 14 he had and started bringing in 13s one at a time and has sold all of them. I think the count was over 10 the last time I talked to him. Some of them only lasting a day. He doesn't make much money on them but has sold everyone of them in short order.

2013 is the year of the Beast Red one! :moon: