PDA

View Full Version : 180 Degree Mirror

RickW
02-11-2016, 06:58 PM
We are thinking about picking up the new 180 Degree Mirror. We were wanting to see if there is interest in something like this in the F6B market.
It looks pretty good and works very well. You will see one picture with mounting.
They would sell for $69.95.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Rick

Willl
02-11-2016, 07:36 PM
I have been waiting to see one in person

:cheers:

F6B1911
02-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Thought I saw one at Franklin last summer?
Only found them available from England, so I didn't bother.
I've been waiting for Value Accessories to stock them.

Count me in.

pdxstriper
02-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Hi,
That sure looks to be a Riderscan mirror out of the UK. They sure get rave reviews. After emailing the owner ("I sure wish you had US distributor"), I went and ordered one thru a 3rd party on Amazon just this morning.
Pete

Phantom
02-11-2016, 08:07 PM

Count me in.

I believe Steve0080 has one on his F6B

Willl
02-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Hi,
That sure looks to be a Riderscan mirror out of the UK. They sure get rave reviews. After emailing the owner ("I sure wish you had US distributor"), I went and ordered one thru a 3rd party on Amazon just this morning.
Pete

Nice timing Pete :clap2:

I'll even help watching you install it

RickW
02-11-2016, 10:22 PM

Count me in.

We will get them in in a couple of days.
I will have them on our site tomorrow. If you want to order before then just give Teresa a call.
Rick

Jimmytee
02-12-2016, 06:11 AM
I would have considered one, but now that area is occupied by that flat mount thingy for my phone.

C'Ville
02-12-2016, 06:46 AM
We are thinking about picking up the new 180 Degree Mirror. We were wanting to see if there is interest in something like this in the F6B market.
It looks pretty good and works very well. You will see one picture with mounting.
They would sell for $69.95.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Rick

I bought mine in London last April 2015 while on vacation, basically every bike I saw in the UK had one.
I like mine very much, no blind spot, I thought it would block my vision a little, but if properly mounted per instructions it does not.
I have become quite dependent on it now, very good investment I think.

Steve 0080
02-12-2016, 08:08 AM
They do come in handy but you have to train yourself to look there other than admiring yourself !
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5661-Riderscan-Blind-Spot-Mirror-Eval&highlight=convex+mirror

Bob Penn
02-12-2016, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Steve 0080;108647]They do come in handy but you have to train yourself to look there other than admiring yourself !

I agree Steve. If you ever try combing your hair in that thing you'll end up looking like Trump!!

F6B1911
02-12-2016, 05:02 PM
We will get them in in a couple of days.
I will have them on our site tomorrow. If you want to order before then just give Teresa a call.
Rick

I just gave Teresa a call, got my order in.

RickW
02-12-2016, 09:00 PM
We have the RiderScan Mirrors on our site now.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/RiderscanBlindSpotMirror.aspx

We will have them in stock in just a few days.
I also have a couple of links to Product Video's on the page. These are way more popular then what we thought.
We will be the first to offer these in the states for motorcycles.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/TRIC180Mirror.JPG

BEIST
02-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Another day = another purchase

willtill
02-13-2016, 05:57 AM
Another day = another purchase

Winter is horrible regarding this; ain't it? :shhh: Can't ride so we cruise the internet... and buy stuff. :shock:

pdxstriper
02-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Winter is horrible regarding this; ain't it? :shhh: Can't ride so we cruise the internet... and buy stuff. :shock:

Ain't that the truth? I am trying to keep my purchases under the wife's radar. it's tough. She doesn't understand why I need $2,000 in add-ons for my brand new bike. Come to think of it...neither do I. BUT I CAN'T STOP!!!!

BEIST
02-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Ain't that the truth? I am trying to keep my purchases under the wife's radar. it's tough. She doesn't understand why I need $2,000 in add-ons for my brand new bike. Come to think of it...neither do I. BUT I CAN'T STOP!!!!

That is funny! I'm one of those old cronies that "preaches" to young riders to not rely on their mirrors at all: "Don't just look over your shoulder! Spin all the way around in your seat and get a good long look before you do anything!" But one glance at this post, late at night, with my baby under the covers, and I quickly decide: "Might help?" And BOOM = forty gallons of gas gets spent on something besides riding :icon_frown:

F6B1911
02-21-2016, 06:57 AM
I just gave Teresa a call, got my order in.

Got mine, that was some quick shipping.

willtill
02-25-2016, 06:42 AM
I think the 180 degree mirror is a good idea. But...

I have had past experience regarding two sets of mirrors; and it has almost gotten me killed (once). On my past 2011 Victory Vision; I had mounted an extra set of auxiliary mirrors on the clutch and front brake perches; since the Vic's built in mirrors were hard to adjust to see immediately behind you. Now I was able to use the auxiliary mirrors to see behind me; and if I looked at my Vic's built in mirrors; I could see farther out to the sides of me.

Problem was; I was always focusing more on the auxiliary mirrors, and it was visually hard to always check the Vic's mirrors as well. I almost creamed into a car during a highway on ramp maneuver, even after doing a head check; because as I was accelerating, I was focused more on the auxiliary mirrors, and that car; though visible in the Vic's mirrors came out of nowhere from behind me.

I got rid of the auxiliary mirrors after that close brush with death. :shhh: