PDA

View Full Version : possible to tune even numbered frequencies to our radio?

MercuryF1
08-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Just wondering if it's possible to tune even numbered frequencies to our radio? I had the same problem with my old GL18 too....

:icon_frown:

MichaelG
08-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I would think that you could...where you live. South of the Equator, like in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, etc, you folks get to tune into Even numbered radio stations, whereas....North of the Equator...we sorry chaps have to tune in to Odd numbered radio stations. :bs:

Pedro66
08-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if it's possible to tune even numbered frequencies to our radio? I had the same problem with my old GL18 too....

:icon_frown:

Go on Ebay contact one of the guys selling the frequency shifters that convert Japanese frequencies to US frequencies, tell them you need Frequencies for your location this will shift the tuning, the display will not change but the tuning will

In fact here is a guy in Malaysia http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Car-Radio-FM-Band-Frequency-Import-Converter-shifter-Japanese-to-WorldWide-/251071176411?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a75021edb&vxp=mtr

You will need to do some adapting cable wise but you will just need a male and female adaptor for a Honda Accord and plug them inside the radio box maybe the same guy can help you

MercuryF1
08-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Go on Ebay contact one of the guys selling the frequency shifters that convert Japanese frequencies to US frequencies, tell them you need Frequencies for your location this will shift the tuning, the display will not change but the tuning will

In fact here is a guy in Malaysia http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Car-Radio-FM-Band-Frequency-Import-Converter-shifter-Japanese-to-WorldWide-/251071176411?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a75021edb&vxp=mtr

You will need to do some adapting cable wise but you will just need a male and female adaptor for a Honda Accord and plug them inside the radio box maybe the same guy can help you

Thanks for the info! Well spotted! I have contacted the seller and waiting for a reply.

:yes:

MercuryF1
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM

Pete, after giving it further thought, I think the above frequency shifter might not work for my application.

My bike (non ABS) was imported from USA that came with odd numbered frequencies. Like your bike, my bike is able to get stations above 90MHz. I am trying to get a particular local radio station @104.4MHz. The bike only allows me to get 104.3 or 104.5!

The frequency shifter does the following:

Japan likes to be unique. So, the Japanese government mandated that Japanese FM operate from 76MHz to 90MHz. Which is, of course, different from most of the rest of the world, which operates from 88MHz to 108MHz. Because of this difference, a converter is necessary to make the FM tuners of Japanese Domestic Market car stereos work outside of Japan.

Is there any ways to change the settings on our bikes radio to enable it to receive even numbered stations?