PDA

View Full Version : I did it now !!

Cigar
02-15-2016, 02:36 PM
I have a C90 2006 with 35k miles.. I got a free ticket to the Timonium Bike Show.. Sat on the new Indians, BMWs and a few others.. I have always like the Wing.. But it was the fact that you could not remove the trunk that I did not like.. My friend has a Wing and we went to Tail of the Dragon this year.. I kind of know the bike... I have not rode one yet because I can't cover it if anything happens.. Thought about going to a dealer to ride one, but that trunk.. On the other hand I am perfectly happy with the C90, it's a great bike..
At the show I looked at the Wing and thought not enough room between bikes then on the other hand I can't throw my leg over the Wing.. On a second thought I saw the Flat 6.. Threw my leg over and WAS DONE !!! Don't know how but I will have one this year if not next... 'riding' Not kidding..

wjduke
02-15-2016, 02:43 PM
Good luck in your search....I had an M109 and made the switch. This Honda is perfect for what I want. Has plenty of power. Like you, I didn't care for the trunk. Being single, no need for all that. The rally this year made me buy a luggage bag, but I prefer the look of this one the rest of the time.

Sorcerer
02-15-2016, 02:50 PM
You have been bitten by the f6B flue bug. There is no resistance. The only cure is a large out poring of green stuff. Buying the bike will be the easy cure. Outfitting it is were it really gets ugly on the pocket book.🙈🙉🙊

Cigar
02-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Sad thing is I was able to pull 50% of the bikes $$$ together already... I will not have a payment...

marmilia
02-15-2016, 03:07 PM
I also had a C90 that I was very happy with until that fateful day a local dealer was having an open house and I took a F6B for a ride.

This is how it turned out for me......

coffee_weasle
02-15-2016, 03:30 PM
they say they like the style and the reputation

i tell them ... "don't '&^%-up' and test ride it"

because you will own one

:lolup:

MisterB
02-15-2016, 03:38 PM
Watch for big discounts on the 2014 September/October 2016, got my 2013 for 13.5k new.
Worth the wait!
I too knew I'd have one eventually after the first time I saw it.

Cigar
02-15-2016, 03:51 PM
I also had a C90 that I was very happy with until that fateful day a local dealer was having an open house and I took a F6B for a ride.

This is how it turned out for me......

:lolup:

Cigar
02-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Watch for big discounts on the 2014 September/October 2016, got my 2013 for 13.5k new.
Worth the wait!
I too knew I'd have one eventually after the first time I saw it.

We are on the same page.... ;2cents2;

BEIST
02-15-2016, 05:54 PM
These bikes will run forever! Buy used!

Spend sometime reading about all the modifications that we've made to our bikes, make a list, then get yourself a used 2013 that already has all the bells and whistles installed = with all your listed desires = windshield, seat, highway pegs etc., You can make a financial killing on a truly well informed decision. Make sure you keep an eye on the classified page on this site too.

Here's an example that I would certainly recommend for you:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7953-2013-Honda-F6B-Deluxe-Red-for-Sale

Good luck hunting!

Bob Penn
02-15-2016, 06:28 PM
I still have my C-50 in the garage. I modified it by fitting a C-90 drive train to it increasing the gear ratio 14 %. The result was a bike I would never sell even with the 75 k miles on it. It runs like a clock and gets better than 60 mpg. A great light bike for around town.
I would suggest that you plan a trip up to Americade in June. There you will be able to test ride an F6B but get there early to schedule the ride. They fill the available slots real early.
If you think you got the bug now, wait.
Check out this site for deals that can be had including deals on left over new bikes!

Cigar
02-20-2016, 12:43 PM
My Goal is to get a 2015 used.. Heated grips, Cruz Control.. I have to bank some more $$..