PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God

seadog
02-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Shady Product covers, custom made to fit my bike with the bagger shield. Its just a top cover for overnight stays when you want to have something lite and easy to carry with you to protect the bike, weighs about 2 pounds they told me. They told me it will fit my 19 inch windshield and if I invert the top section they will have a Velcro strip to fold it over and take up the slack. It will cover the mirrors and of course the electronics and seats and secure with bungees down the sides. So I am thinking boy this is sounding like 50 or 60 bucks worth shipped to my door. I was floored when he told me the total was $27 dollars, Unbelievable! For a custom made cover, I will send a heads-up when I get this cover in my hands and see how it works.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Cigar
02-20-2016, 12:21 PM
Link ?

BIGLRY
02-20-2016, 12:26 PM
http://www.shadyproducts.com/

six2go
02-20-2016, 01:14 PM
Shady Product covers, custom made to fit my bike with the bagger shield. Its just a top cover for overnight stays when you want to have something lite and easy to carry with you to protect the bike, weighs about 2 pounds they told me. They told me it will fit my 19 inch windshield and if I invert the top section they will have a Velcro strip to fold it over and take up the slack. It will cover the mirrors and of course the electronics and seats and secure with bungees down the sides. So I am thinking boy this is sounding like 50 or 60 bucks worth shipped to my door. I was floored when he told me the total was $27 dollars, Unbelievable! For a custom made cover, I will send a heads-up when I get this cover in my hands and see how it works.:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Hey Dog, which one did you find for $27? I looked at every one that I thought might fit our bikes and the least expensive one I found was around $110. I looked under touring,baggers, & Gold Wings.

seadog
02-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Hey Dog, which one did you find for $27? I looked at every one that I thought might fit our bikes and the least expensive one I found was around $110. I looked under touring,baggers, & Gold Wings.

I miss heard the man on the phone as the price was up over a hundred at $127 but that's alright with me too as its hard to find a good cover with quality material for anything less than that.

Cool Hand Luke
02-20-2016, 08:21 PM
I miss heard the man on the phone as the price was up over a hundred at $127 but that's alright with me too as its hard to find a good cover with quality material for anything less than that.

That sounds about right. I have one and love it. As bonus, it also fits well over my Vic XC as well. It packs very small, stays on tight and is waterproof. Mine may have been the first one they made as I ordered one back in 2013 and was told they never made any yet. I had to give them measurements of the bike. It is a quality product.

seadog
02-21-2016, 07:35 AM
That sounds about right. I have one and love it. As bonus, it also fits well over my Vic XC as well. It packs very small, stays on tight and is waterproof. Mine may have been the first one they made as I ordered one back in 2013 and was told they never made any yet. I had to give them measurements of the bike. It is a quality product.

The center section now covers the mirrors as well as the windshield and seats. The center is a breathable waterproof material so it won't trap moisture under the cover and the sides are of a heavier material to stand up to wind and the pull of the bungee's holding it down on the bike. Having a matte silver bike I chose the light gray center section with black sides which should look good when on the 6.

VStarRider
02-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks for this information! I leave my bike in the parking lot at work at least half the summer with no shade available anywhere. Just bakes in the sun and I hate that. I was just about to Google a half-cover for the F6B and went this site first (not kidding!) to check on the latest posts. Glad I did!

Cool Hand Luke
02-21-2016, 08:44 PM
I posted these before. Here is how mine looks on the bike:

stroguy
02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
I spent the $125 as well and love it. Fast on, fast off and sheds water very well. I used it for 15 nights on my trip to OKC in December and it is nice waking to a dry saddle.

vstar09
02-24-2016, 06:22 PM
I posted these before. Here is how mine looks on the bike:

I like that cover,thats what I"ve been looking for...will it work around the back rest on a delux?

stroguy
02-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Yes. When you contact them let them know you have the standard backrest or the SteveO backrest extension and they will accommodate. They are good folks. They messed my first one up on sizing with my baggershield. They took a trip to northern Colorado and found one with the shield, measured and rebuilt mine from scratch.

vstar09
02-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Yes. When you contact them let them know you have the standard backrest or the SteveO backrest extension and they will accommodate. They are good folks. They messed my first one up on sizing with my baggershield. They took a trip to northern Colorado and found one with the shield, measured and rebuilt mine from scratch.

Thanks...