PDA

View Full Version : radio jack question

BigAl1952
02-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Ok I have a question about the 3.5 mm jack for my phone. Im trying to play Pandora in my stereo thru this jack. Yes it works but I need the volume set on 30 engine off to even begin to hear it. If I use the usb jack works fine. Any clues as to why no volume thru the 3.5 jack. This is the case with 2 different kinds of phones. Another question is IF i were to buy the bluetooth adapter that Steve uses would this no volume be an issue with it as I see it plugs into that adapter Thanks Al

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Streambot-Bluetooth-Streaming-Smartphones/dp/B00MJMV0GU/ref=pd_sim_147_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41jeIWHeyrL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=10MNS7CTP2SA51JX38AP

BEIST
02-20-2016, 11:20 PM
You may have already tried this - because it is so simple - but make certain that your phones internal volume is turned all the way up and you may then get a huge improvement using the F6B radio's volume control.

3Chief
02-20-2016, 11:58 PM
You may have already tried this - because it is so simple - but make certain that your phones internal volume is turned all the way up and you may then get a huge improvement using the F6B radio's volume control.

Ditto that, I tend to restrict my volume when using my ear buds and forget to changed when I'm trying external speakers... makes a difference.

Hornblower
03-30-2016, 06:23 PM
I just added the small device the OP linked to and it works fine. This is a Bluetooth receiver that plugs right in to the 3.5mm stereo plug in the left cubby. Once you pair it with your Bluetooth cell phone, your phone's audio can play through the bike's stereo system. Audio quality is fine but you probably will need to turn the volume up on your phone to get good volume out of your bike's speakers. This MPOW device is very small and can be charged by your micro-usb plug while you're on-the-go if you so choose. For less than $20, this seems to be a very good option, especially if you like to listen to internet radio using your bike's stereo system. Some like Pandora for that but I'm using Radio Tunes right now and like that one as well. In case you're wondering about using up your phone's data allowance...you can listen to about 30 hours of music before using 1 GB of data. Not bad!

Jimmytee
03-30-2016, 07:10 PM
I just added the small device the OP linked to and it works fine. This is a Bluetooth receiver that plugs right in to the 3.5mm stereo plug in the left cubby. Once you pair it with your Bluetooth cell phone, your phone's audio can play through the bike's stereo system. Audio quality is fine but you probably will need to turn the volume up on your phone to get good volume out of your bike's speakers. This MPOW device is very small and can be charged by your micro-usb plug while you're on-the-go if you so choose. For less than $20, this seems to be a very good option, especially if you like to listen to internet radio using your bike's stereo system. Some like Pandora for that but I'm using Radio Tunes right now and like that one as well. In case you're wondering about using up your phone's data allowance...you can listen to about 30 hours of music before using 1 GB of data. Not bad!

The volume on your phone still applies with bluetooth though.

billsim
03-30-2016, 07:16 PM
Had a discussion a while back re usb adapters and benefits.....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7880-Universal-Bluetooth-(has-anyone-tried-it)

Hope it answers some questions..

Bill

stevenolts
03-31-2016, 06:27 AM
I use the USB Bluetooth receiver and I like the way it sounds so far. I mainly use it for getting the phone I-heart radio on long trips where the radio stations fade with phone and GPS interuptions. It is sometimes difficult to get paired correctly. I have problems when I stop and start again getting it working again. I have only used it a few times because around town I am still testing my new JBL speakers.

I think the sound should be better via USB (digital I think) versus the 3.5 mm port (analog I think)
If someone knows for sure please let me know.

I do know in my car the USB SD card sounds a great deal better than the 3.5 mm port.
Steve

ReserveBum
04-01-2016, 06:12 AM
May just be me but....when I use the ear buds and the 3.5mm adapter, I cant push the ear bud plug all the way in, as it causes a reduction in volume and loss of the mid range. It has something to with the ground. If I back the plug out an 1/8" where the plugs not pushed all the way in, it works. Tried it with multiple types of headphones, plus I bought another adapter but its the same. Its a little bit of a pita but at least I know what to do to get it to work right