PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate King

shooter
02-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam. I did a lot of research before spending big bucks on this seat. It looks as good as it sits. I would like to thank Ultimate and in particular Libby. She had some good suggestions on the design of this seat. I think it compliments the looks of my bike and I've had a lot of positive feedback from my riding buddies. The step up at the drivers back is much more vertical than the stock seat and gives excellent back support. I elected to not get a drivers backrest and I'm glad that was my choice. For me I wouldn't change anything on my seat.190751907619077

stroguy
02-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Cool beans! I was just going to text you for a report. Thanks homey.

shooter
02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
I sure enjoyed my ride Saturday Stro. This is my best upgrade so far. Ultimate says this is the first one they have built like this and has requested some photos. My pics don't do the seat justice. Used my phone. I get a chance I'll take some pics with the camera. The seat really pops in the sun.

stroguy
02-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Pics look good. Now this is a whole new seat, correct? You didn't send yours in. I am considering a driver backrest, but now I don't know. I sat on a buddies Vic with his new driver seat with backrest and really loved the feeling. He is in love because he says he feels more in the bucket versus sitting atop the seat. How much did the king give your upper Gluteus Maximus support versus stock?

Willl
02-21-2016, 09:54 PM
That's a nice looking seat, glad your happy :icon_cool:

Cool Hand Luke
02-21-2016, 09:56 PM
It definitely adds to the looks of the bike. I like the materials you chose, nice texture. I also like that you matched the backrest as well. Thanks for showing it.

p.s. I noticed your pictures show larger than when I post mine. In the past, my pictures were showing bigger as well but are now much smaller. Does anyone know why is that? Price of hosting the forum went up? Just curious.

Willl
02-21-2016, 10:02 PM
p.s. I noticed your pictures show larger than when I post mine. In the past, my pictures were showing bigger as well but are now much smaller. Does anyone know why is that? Price of hosting the forum went up? Just curious.

I would guess your file size is too small :yes:

Cool Hand Luke
02-21-2016, 10:09 PM
I would guess your file size is too small :yes:

It's the same as the pictures I posted before.

Willl
02-21-2016, 10:16 PM
It's the same as the pictures I posted before.

For internet postings I take photo's with as large an image size as the website will take, I also set the image quality to low

shooter
02-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Pics look good. Now this is a whole new seat, correct? You didn't send yours in. I am considering a driver backrest, but now I don't know. I sat on a buddies Vic with his new driver seat with backrest and really loved the feeling. He is in love because he says he feels more in the bucket versus sitting atop the seat. How much did the king give your upper Gluteus Maximus support versus stock?

Stro I guess the best way to.describe it is that the seat cradles your azz. You feel really planted in your position. I find my self getting in the correct position from the get go cause once your there you really have to try to move out of that spot.

shooter
02-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Guys that backrest thing is really subjective. I'm an aggressive rider and live in an area where we have a lot of curvy roads. Some of the best anywhere. I use a lot of body english when I'm riding hard including leaning forward. I never use the leaning back relaxing position. Its just not for me. The step in the seat is more than sufficient.

SoCal Rich
02-21-2016, 10:39 PM
I have the Ultimate King with the drivers backrest, and I wouldn't give it up at gunpoint!

stroguy
02-21-2016, 10:53 PM
I have the Ultimate King with the drivers backrest, and I wouldn't give it up at gunpoint!

Because you are in CA and you don't have guns.

Good endorsement.

shooter
02-21-2016, 11:21 PM

Rich I hear ya. Everybody is different. What works for me may not work for you. That's why I posted that the backrest is subjective. Stro if you think that backrest is for you then check it out. I'm strictly giving you guys my impression. Everything I told you I think most would agree with as far as position comfort and support. That backrest thing is a variable. A lot depends on your riding style.

shooter
02-21-2016, 11:24 PM

Rich , don't ever let em get the drop on ya. Keep your Roscoe with.ya at.all times. Somebody once said , better tried by twelve than carried by six.

okf6b
02-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Cool beans! I was just going to text you for a report. Thanks homey.

At first glance I thought that said "Thanks honey." :icon_doh:

ths61
02-22-2016, 01:44 AM
Congrats Shooter, that is a great looking seat. Glad you are pleased with it's performance.

Can you still remove the side panels with the new seat on ?

shooter
02-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Yeah. I think its easier.

114th COBRA
02-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Looks darn good. Something to consider after I get some good mileage, and feelings for the ride. Enjoy it and thanks for the info.

shooter
02-22-2016, 09:44 AM
At first glance I thought that said "Thanks honey." :icon_doh:

That's what he really meant. We used to share a pup tent in cub scouts. We are VERY close.

Willl
02-22-2016, 12:27 PM
That's what he really meant. We used to share a pup tent in cub scouts. We are VERY close.

:icon_laugh::lolup::icon_laugh:

willtill
02-23-2016, 07:31 AM
Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam. I did a lot of research before spending big bucks on this seat. It looks as good as it sits. I would like to thank Ultimate and in particular Libby. She had some good suggestions on the design of this seat. I think it compliments the looks of my bike and I've had a lot of positive feedback from my riding buddies. The step up at the drivers back is much more vertical than the stock seat and gives excellent back support. I elected to not get a drivers backrest and I'm glad that was my choice. For me I wouldn't change anything on my seat.

http://i64.tinypic.com/nna7ty.jpg

Thank you for taking those pictures Shooter; and your remarks/review of the seat. I think from looking at the one picture above; as well as your remarks in bold above; are enough for me to order the King rather than the Mid rider.

Placing my order this week. Thanks!

Steve 0080
02-23-2016, 07:51 AM
Then you have folks like me that bought the mid rider and want the King... I guess I squirm around a lot ! Try the King and if not happy I would
consider a trade for the mid...you would have to have a backrest though as my seat has the indentation from the backrest...

Ultimate Seats
02-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam. I did a lot of research before spending big bucks on this seat. It looks as good as it sits. I would like to thank Ultimate and in particular Libby. She had some good suggestions on the design of this seat. I think it compliments the looks of my bike and I've had a lot of positive feedback from my riding buddies. The step up at the drivers back is much more vertical than the stock seat and gives excellent back support. I elected to not get a drivers backrest and I'm glad that was my choice. For me I wouldn't change anything on my seat.190751907619077

I saw this seat when we finished it, and it looked good, but on the bike it looks fantastic. That Ebony Croc Inlay is just awesome. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures.

Best,

Dave

shooter
02-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Dave great service and excellent execution on the seat. You guys did a great job and delivered in the time frame you said you would. I couldn't ask for more. I appreciate the way you guys do business and please thank Libby for me. When the weather gets better I promised her I would send some pics. 7 inches of snow this morning.

gmorstad
02-24-2016, 05:29 PM

Beautiful seat and really good review. Now I want one and didn't feel the need before.

stroguy
02-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Beautiful seat and really good review. Now I want one and didn't feel the need before.

Since we were kids, we all said shooters brains were in his azz.

shooter
02-24-2016, 06:45 PM
At least I have brains. Some , who shall remain nameless , are sorely lacking. And now my brains sit on Ebony Crocodile. My brains are happy.

stroguy
02-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Dude, I found Florida in geography my second go round in 5th grade. Let it rest.

Ultimate Seats
02-25-2016, 09:14 AM
At least I have brains. Some , who shall remain nameless , are sorely lacking. And now my brains sit on Ebony Crocodile. My brains are happy.

Dude, I found Florida in geography my second go round in 5th grade. Let it rest.

I love this board.... :clap2:

adventurous1
03-30-2016, 02:35 PM

Hey shooter,

Picked up this seat, had a few minutes before work and attempted to put it on the the bike - holes weren't lining up. Did you have any problems installing it?

Thx !

shooter
03-30-2016, 02:39 PM
I bought the tapered bolts from one of our sponsors Value Accessories. You still need a long awl to line up the holes. Its not easy the first time.

adventurous1
03-30-2016, 08:43 PM
I bought the tapered bolts from one of our sponsors Value Accessories. You still need a long awl to line up the holes. Its not easy the first time.

Ordered the tapered bolts, then after work, thought I'd give it another go - BINGO !! lol Damn standard bolts aligned - and it's on.

Question for you. I read where this seat moves you back but, (no pun intended) it feels like I've actually moved forward. Missing something?

shooter
03-30-2016, 09:47 PM
Is it an Ultimate King or an Ultimate Midrider?

shooter
03-30-2016, 09:50 PM
The King is about the same as stock only a little taller. Midrider moves you forward.

adventurous1
03-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Is it an Ultimate King or an Ultimate Midrider?

King. At least that's what the receipt says. It's probably the same though it was in my mind it would move me back as per ultimate's site; " The King will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars...."

adventurous1
03-30-2016, 11:43 PM
Roadsmith FC's have arrived. Installation soon.

willtill
03-31-2016, 05:35 AM
King. At least that's what the receipt says. It's probably the same though it was in my mind it would move me back as per ultimate's site; " The King will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars...."

You left out something very important from your quote above though: :shhh:

"It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling" than our Midrider seat

They also say that their Midrider seat "will sit you a little closer to the handle bars."

They are comparing their two seats without taking into account the stock seat. At any rate when it all washes out... the King seat seems to be of the same lateral seating position as the OEM seat per some testimony from those whom have purchased it. :icon_cool:

adventurous1
03-31-2016, 12:07 PM
You left out something very important from your quote above though: :shhh:

"It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling" than our Midrider seat

They also say that their Midrider seat "will sit you a little closer to the handle bars."

They are comparing their two seats without taking into account the stock seat. At any rate when it all washes out... the King seat seems to be of the same lateral seating position as the OEM seat per some testimony from those whom have purchased it. :icon_cool:

Ok, I'll go with that. Thank you Sir. Heading to Dallas for a week, upon my return I'll be adding all the other 'long leg' items. And other stuff I just 'had to have'. lol

Big Cat
04-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the write-up, Shooter...you just cost me $1,000 bucks! Your posts, along with several others, prompted me to pick up the phone and call Dave with a few questions, and the next thing I know, I have an Ultimate King scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Just in time for my annual trip to the Rogers Ride-In on Wednesday. This will be my fifth Ultimate King seat...I loved 'em all, but was putting this one off to give the stock seat a chance...but I missed my Ultimate King. I'll update my experience after returning from Rogers...I expect to put around 2,000 miles on it over 5 days of riding the Arkansas twisties.

shooter
04-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Cat it ain't nothing but money. Ha!! Really , you know you're gonna like it. I like mine more every time I get on it. Got a thousand mile round trip planned next month. Looking forward to it.

53driver
04-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Got a thousand mile round trip planned next month. Looking forward to it.

What are you gonna do on Day Two?

soberbiker
04-04-2016, 05:24 AM
That's one good lookin seat! Thanks for the pics and the description.

willtill
04-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

:shhh:

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...

shooter
04-04-2016, 08:33 AM
What are you gonna do on Day Two?

Gonna try to hook up with Elroy. I think he is about 200 miles from my son. Told him I would give him a call and try to get together.

shooter
04-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Wonder how miiffed Shooter would/could/may be if someone "copied" his seat for their F6B....

I still have not placed the Ultimate King seat order because I am still undecided on how I want it to look. It is a lot of money of course and I want to get it "just right".

I would think that some sort of light tan inlay would go nice with my silver matte F8B... and am trying to make a decision or explore options to have the front instrument console hydro dipped in a light tan colored burlwood to complete the color accent. Not sure how that would look overall... and may need to hydro dip other pit's of the cockpit to get it all to come together...

Buddy if you want one like mine I would be flattered. That ebony alligator inlay has a greyish cast so it might look good on the matte grey. Have at it. Just don't let the old lady see the invoice.

YikesCops
04-04-2016, 09:27 AM
In the photos above, it looks like the passenger backrest is attached to a mount on the back. In on the Ultimate Seat Website, it appears that the backrest goes into the seat. Is that an option?

willtill
04-04-2016, 10:36 AM
In the photos above, it looks like the passenger backrest is attached to a mount on the back. In on the Ultimate Seat Website, it appears that the backrest goes into the seat. Is that an option?

You have to read the description on their website about that:

In essence, the Deluxe only uses the stock passenger backrest mounting system. The Standard allows for their proprietary passenger backrest mount system.

Both Midrider and King seats are offered with or without a passenger backrest. The Standard Model has the passenger backrest bracket install in the seat, the Deluxe Model does not. The Deluxe Model uses the existing OEM Passenger backrest or we offer a new taller bracket and an improved matching passenger pad. The Standard Model passenger backrest bracket CAN NOT be added to a Deluxe Model seat at a later date.

Big Cat
04-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Well, I figured I'd be in for a fight, but I had no idea...after 2 hours patiently trying every which way, I'm still no closer to having the new seat installed. It's not like I haven't done this before...several times on GL1800s...and I've had the OEM seat on and off a dozen times already. But this is gonna be a real booger!

But, the good news is, the seat looks real cool sitting on the bike!

Oh well, I have one more day to get 'er done before leaving for Arkansas...any tips from the peanut gallery?

BTW, I saw no good reason to re-install the two bolts that held the OEM rear bar down. That wouldn't be part of the problem, I would think...

Using a flashlight and skinny phillips-head screwdriver to line up the holes, it looks like the seat needs to move forward a bit, but there's no budging it.

willtill
04-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Hey Big Cat,

Someone had posted previously that there was an issue with the front portion of the seat that hooks in to the bike. They had to slightly modify it (increase) the clearance (on the front seat fastener) in order to get the seat to slide slightly more forward.

Check post #12 in the below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7141-Ultimate-seat-problem-question&highlight=Ultimate+seat+issue

shooter
04-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Cat , get someone to help you. One guy on each side. You have to push that seat foreward hard. Hold forward pressure on it and smack the seat forward with your flat hand. Believe me it WILL go forward. Keep wiggling and pushing and maintain forward pressure. Its tight but after you ride on it a couple times it goes on and off easily. Call me if you need to. 314-401-1352.

SoCal Rich
04-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Use a screwdriver to explore and help find the bolt hole. Once you push the seat around so that the screwdriver comes straight out, you'll know you're somewhat close to being aligned.

Big Cat
04-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Hey Big Cat,

Someone had posted previously that there was an issue with the front portion of the seat that hooks in to the bike. They had to slightly modify it (increase) the clearance (on the front seat fastener) in order to get the seat to slide slightly more forward.

Check post #12 in the below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7141-Ultimate-seat-problem-question&highlight=Ultimate+seat+issue

Thanks, Willtill, that was the ticket!

After a good night's sleep...to reset my patience...and after having read the aforementioned thread...I started this morning by removing the front bracket on the underside of the seat, 2 bolts, then added two washers under the front bolt, thus increasing the angle of the bracket. That was really what did it...gave me just enough additional forward travel to get the bolts seated.

To Dave at Ultimate: I think that front bracket angle could use a little tweak...also, the shape of the seat where it contacts the passenger grab bars could be contoured just a little smaller...as it still seems too tight a fit against the grab bars. That would also make it easier to seat the pins that fit into the saddlebag opener lever assembly. That was a real beech as well.

All the ideas about tapered bolts and screwdrivers are good ones...but if the seat is not generally centered over the frame bolt holes, there ain't no way tapered bolts or screwdrivers will solve the problem.

But I will have to add, the seat looks great on the bike...I got the standard model without the sexy inlay...and it looks fine. Leaving tomorrow for Arkansas to give it 5 days of road testing!

Thanks again for the guidance...that's what makes this forum so useful!

Bob Penn
04-05-2016, 08:59 AM

Hey Will if you haven't placed your order yet you might consider holding off a bit longer. They plan on bringing their truck up to Americade, Lake George NY June 7 - 14. Then you can see and try exactly what your getting. If your ordering a stock model they will have people there to install it and they even offered to ship my current seat back to me free if I purchase there.
It's a nice ride up there and I'm sure there will be some sort of group ride going up to meet there.

willtill
04-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Well Bob, I decided that I had analyzed this enough... and I committed. I placed an order today with Ultimate Seats this morning.

I have to tell you all, I literally agonized FOR DAYS trying to figure out exactly how I wanted my seat to look like. Really loved the Croc inlay colors that they offered and spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at other custom seat examples and colors (for other makes of bikes and seat colors) ... And then constantly running out back and physically eyeing my bike in an attempt to "marry up" the perfect eye popping look.

I ultimately settled on a fully black Ultimate King Deluxe, no inlay and nothing else special.

I just finally came to the realization that the Silver Matte finish and other black parts/accents on my 2015 F6B really do not need any extra "pop".

I should get my seat in three weeks, since they only stock seats with either the red or black carbon inlays. My butt will be relieved. :icon_wink:

shooter
04-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Sounds good Will. Looking forward to a full report.

Dave Ritsema
04-07-2016, 06:38 AM
Well Bob, I decided that I had analyzed this enough... and I committed. I placed an order today with Ultimate Seats this morning.

I have to tell you all, I literally agonized FOR DAYS trying to figure out exactly how I wanted my seat to look like. Really loved the Croc inlay colors that they offered and spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at other custom seat examples and colors (for other makes of bikes and seat colors) ... And then constantly running out back and physically eyeing my bike in an attempt to "marry up" the perfect eye popping look.

I ultimately settled on a fully black Ultimate King Deluxe, no inlay and nothing else special.

I just finally came to the realization that the Silver Matte finish and other black parts/accents on my 2015 F6B really do not need any extra "pop".

I should get my seat in three weeks, since they only stock seats with either the red or black carbon inlays. My butt will be relieved. :icon_wink:

I am certain you will love it, I have had nothing but Ultimate seats on my bikes since Des first started making Valkyrie seats in the late 90's and he will be making a Gold Wing seat for me soon as I save a few $$ up. GREAT company to work with.:yes:

Big Cat
04-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Follow up report to last post.

After my struggles to get the seat installed, which were previously detailed, I put 2,000 miles on the new seat riding the mountains of Arkansas this past weekend.

As expected, the Ultimate King proved comfortable all day, every day. My single biggest concern...that the seat would move me back too far...was unwarranted. The ergonomics are perfect for me, I didn't have to stretch to reach the handlebars, and there is less knee bend than the stock seat.

This is my fifth Ultimate King seat, and I feel it is one of (if not the) best investments one can make in an F6B accessory.

willtill
04-13-2016, 07:56 PM

After my struggles to get the seat installed, which were previously detailed, I put 2,000 miles on the new seat riding the mountains of Arkansas this past weekend.

As expected, the Ultimate King proved comfortable all day, every day. My single biggest concern...that the seat would move me back too far...was unwarranted. The ergonomics are perfect for me, I didn't have to stretch to reach the handlebars, and there is less knee bend than the stock seat.

This is my fifth Ultimate King seat, and I feel it is one of (if not the) best investments one can make in an F6B accessory.

In the Army, we were taught to take care of our feet. :shhh:

Now as a born again civilian, I am learning to take care of my butt. :icon_lol:

Can't wait for my seat. Hurry up Ultimate Seats !!! :039:

Rudy
04-13-2016, 08:28 PM
I had an Ultimate seat on my Valkyrie and now on the F6B. They have been great additions to both bikes. I have about a thousand miles on my Ultimate now and it just gets better each ride. I think you will be very happy with yours. :yes:

Ultimate Seats
04-14-2016, 07:49 AM

Glad to hear that you had a safe and comfortable trip. Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Best,

Dave

shooter
04-14-2016, 08:24 AM
In the Army, we were taught to take care of our feet. :shhh:

Now as a born again civilian, I am learning to take care of my butt. :icon_lol:

Can't wait for my seat. Hurry up Ultimate Seats !!! :039:

I'm trying to figure out how to get the B in the living room so I can be comfortable watching TV.

oldguy2
04-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Shooter; I find a 3500 rpm , 2nd gear clutch drop with a left turn in the kitchen usually works just fine. Glad to be of assistance.

shooter
04-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Thanks buddy. That's gonna save me some time. I tell ya , this forum is a wealth of information.

willtill
04-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Well, well... just look at what the nice brown truck just delivered. Wonder what it could be? :shhh:

http://i66.tinypic.com/286tjzs.jpg

:icon_wink:

shooter
04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
THATS IT BUDDY!!!!!!!! No sleep tonight!!!!

willtill
04-21-2016, 05:06 PM
THATS IT BUDDY!!!!!!!! No sleep tonight!!!!

You ain't lying about that... :shock: I want to get it installed but am still working on systems in Budapest tonight :icon_frown:

I hope I can peel away from the laptop enough; to involve myself with the new seat. "coffee"

shooter
04-21-2016, 07:20 PM
Dude you're gonna love it when you get to ride it. Its a keeper.

willtill
04-22-2016, 07:27 PM
So I had worked all last night with an issue at work; dead tired today but wanted to open the box that contained my Ultimate seat that I ordered. "Ultimately" not happy with it. :icon_frown:

Here is the stock seat compared with the Ultimate King seat:

http://i66.tinypic.com/o8fmoj.jpg

Underneath both seats if you are interested in the seat pans:

http://i68.tinypic.com/saxv76.jpg

Aligned exactly with the bolts holes, here is the left view as best as I can present it:

http://i67.tinypic.com/301oxo0.jpg

Right view:

http://i65.tinypic.com/15ps7wz.jpg

Bike currently sedated; undergoing transplant:

http://i65.tinypic.com/ztao8p.jpg

Did the front catch mod for the seat; two washers that were approx 1/8" and the seat slid right up to the bike firmly; allowing the rear seat rail holes to align to perfection (Thanks again (Wing n' it) for this fix. :yes: :yes:

http://i66.tinypic.com/9i8f9u.jpg

New Ultimate King Seat Deluxe installed. Seems to be comfortable when I mounted it. I definitely have been raised a bit; now I am on the balls of my feet when I am astride my bike. I used to be able to flat foot it; but this is of no concern to me. Also I definitely have a little more "wiggle room" in the saddle, I am 5' 10" and 240 pounds (yeah.. hard to lose it :icon_doh: )and have about a 30" inseam. Still comfortable for reach with the handlebars and I am enjoying the new extended reach for the legs/feet to the drop down pegs:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2rpz7h2.jpg

Now for the bad stuff

When I finally opened the box today; I saw that there was a flaw in the manufacture of the seat. Very noticeable wrinkle/slack in the material. I was hoping that this was just a temporary condition (due to shipping/movement etc) but it appears that is is going to be long lasting:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2poe6v8.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/n6wf87.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/v7umo5.jpg

Not sure how someone at their factory (or wherever they manufacturer these seats) could have finished sewing it; flipped it over and said "OK" that'll do and then send it off to the customer. Really? :shock:

No quality control? Did someone actually LOOK at this and say it was A-ok? for the customer???? :shock:

Am really unhappy with the finished product due to this flaw. The sewing seems superb,,,,, the vinyl seems to be top notch... but as we have been discussing in other threads on this forum.... ...workmanship and pride in product seems to have flown out the window. As evidenced by this product I paid several hundred dollars for and now am staring at.

Forgive me about bitching about this... I am tired and not wanting to trashing one of our board sponsors. I am just reporting what I have received from them. A "review" if I might add.

I am not diss'ing Ultimate Seats here. They make great seat I am sure of. I just didn't get one for of quality finish. I'll email them but do not look forward to spending more money sending it to them if they decide to address it; having to take it back off my bike (we all know what a pain in the ass it is to remove/replace the seat) ect...

What a pain in the butt this is. Do I send the seat back to them? How much money is lost with this transaction on both sides? If only the person that sewed the seat checked his/her work.....

...this chit would have never happpened :icon_rolleyes:

shooter
04-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Will you have got to send that seat back. That sucks. The guy that sewed that cover was the cause of that wrinkle.That's pretty bad.

willtill
04-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Will you have got to send that seat back. That sucks. The guy that sewed that cover was the cause of that wrinkle.That's pretty bad.

I am pretty pissed off right now at Ultimate Seats. They have been messaged and emailed. And this is again, a review of a board sanctioned vendor and their product.

SimonTemplar
04-23-2016, 12:11 AM
Clearly, someone failed to do their job when they let that one go through and out the door. Should think that the very least they could do is send you the replacement, and allowing you use of this one until it arrives.

The mark of a good company is not one that stands behind their product....but one that stands behind their mistakes.

....sT

wjduke
04-23-2016, 04:25 AM
I let a lot of things go when I'm not totally happy sometimes. That last pic you posted really makes it stand out. Hope they do something for you.

I bought a 1982 Gold Wing brand new. It had a scratch on the top of the fender. Being young and dumb and full of...I let it go. Well, everyone noticed it. I brought it back after a week or so, and the dealer denied it was there when I picked the bike up. I went back and forth and they never did anything for me. I never gave them another dime and have bad mouthed them all these years later.

I bought my new bike in CT and never gave them a thought....I will never recommend Archie's in New Bedford, Mass. I know Ultimate will make this right....

Ultimate Seats
04-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Good morning Mr. Till-
On occasion, mistakes do happen. I have put into process a new custom order seat with no inlay that will be shipped to you at no charge and a return label to bring the seat with the issue back to us. Until you receive the new seat, 2-3 weeks since it is a non stocked item, please continue to ride the seat with the flaw in the cover.

Best regards,

Dave

wjduke
04-23-2016, 10:41 AM
This is a company to deal with! Very impressed and it isn't my issue!

willtill
04-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Good morning Mr. Till-
On occasion, mistakes do happen. I have put into process a new custom order seat with no inlay that will be shipped to you at no charge and a return label to bring the seat with the issue back to us. Until you receive the new seat, 2-3 weeks since it is a non stocked item, please continue to ride the seat with the flaw in the cover.

Best regards,

Dave

I am extremely grateful. Thank you very much Dave. I appreciate it.

shooter
04-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Classy outfit Will. Not many companies would let you ride the seat till the other one arrives. I am impressed and I don't impress easily. Good deal buddy.

willtill
04-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Classy outfit Will. Not many companies would let you ride the seat till the other one arrives. I am impressed and I don't impress easily. Good deal buddy.

Yea, and now I feel like "a dick" with my seemingly harshness in my posts. :icon_doh: Chalk it up to being tired at the time of the discovery of it, and just the general culmination of things going sideways at the end of my week.

Reminder to self: do not post when angry and tired. :nono:

On a better note, I am liking the comfort of the seat so far. I also feel that the new seating position that it affords me seems to allow for better control of my bike during turning maneuvers. Hard to explain that new development with the new seat... but it is very perceptible to me. Maybe the slightly increased height in sitting position perhaps?

shooter
04-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Will it was just the culmination of a long week and severe disappointment. We all know how excited we get when the brown truck pulls up and honks the horn. Then the bad feelings when what you ordered isn't right or is damaged. It happens. Maybe a good word for Ultimate after you get the new seat. I'm sure they will understand. They seem like good people.

oldguy2
04-23-2016, 08:05 PM
After all the posts on the forum about seats and riding position and speculation about how far back the kingrider moved the rider you gave us a very good photographic side by side comparison with the stock seat which was sorely needed for reference
Thanks to Shooter for starting this thread and to you for clarification.
In redneck vernacular; Ya'll did good.

Phantom
04-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Yea, and now I feel like "a dick" with my seemingly harshness in my posts. :icon_doh:

Will, I was disappointed to read your "reviews" of dissatisfaction before giving ULTIMATE the opportunity to resolve the issue first. If Ultimate had ignored your complaint, then you would of had a legitimate reason to express your anger on the forum. I understand that you made a substantial investment and deserve to receive a perfect seat but you went about this the wrong way. Patience is all I can suggest before blowing off steam.

Will, I don't mind helping members, for future reference ….. you can always reach out to me if you need assistance in getting a resolution.

To Dave, Des, Leslie and staff …. I personally understand that with as many seats as you folks produce, once in a while one not so perfect slips by and needs to be re-sewn. Allow me to THANK YOU for your outstanding customer service. Cheers :cheers:

As many can attest, Ultimate Seats does indeed build a superb seat.

willtill
04-24-2016, 06:56 AM
:spank:

Well... guess I deserve that and perhaps need to atone a bit for my review. Was just trying to relate an experience of excitement and disappointment tethered together. Sometimes posts can become too personal and emotional... we are human after all and this seems to be a a fault due to our willingness to share.

This forum does for me at times; serve as a cathartic release. I am sure and believe that others probably post and experience in the same manner; for that cause and effect.

I am getting ready to participate in a poker run in about 2+ hours from now.. looking forward to getting some "seat time" in on this new Ultimate King seat. I'll report back if any are interested; on my thoughts regarding the Ultimate seat's comfort over the stock OEM. :039:

GONRDN
04-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Actually I bought my Ultimate seat back in Nov 2013 when I first got my bike. I have the same crease in my seat that Will has. Even the same side. Check out my gallery picture and you can just about see it. I just thought it was normal. I still love my seat though, even 2 years later. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But I will be buying the driver backrest soon. I need the support since my bypass surgery.

shooter
04-24-2016, 01:39 PM
:spank:

Well... guess I deserve that and perhaps need to atone a bit for my review. Was just trying to relate an experience of excitement and disappointment tethered together. Sometimes posts can become too personal and emotional... we are human after all and this seems to be a a fault due to our willingness to share.

This forum does for me at times; serve as a cathartic release. I am sure and believe that others probably post and experience in the same manner; for that cause and effect.

I am getting ready to participate in a poker run in about 2+ hours from now.. looking forward to getting some "seat time" in on this new Ultimate King seat. I'll report back if any are interested; on my thoughts regarding the Ultimate seat's comfort over the stock OEM. :039:

Heck yeah!!

willtill
04-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Well...here is my "first impressions" report with the Ultimate seat that I currently am using. Very short poker run ( I was disappointed... we only amassed 160 miles this afternoon). Anyway...

1. Riding with a bunch of Harley's is now deafening. My ears are still ringing.

2. At stoplights; could not tell if my bike was actually running unless I looked at the tach; due to the deafening crescendo of Harley motors reverberating throughout my immediate area.

3. Oh the Ultimate seat... :shhh: it was very comfortable and I did not feel any discomfort while sitting on it... and as I had remarked before... it sits me higher and I am finding that as a plus with handling my F6B in maneuvers.

Had a lot of "Harley" guys and gals checking out my F6B today and asking all sorts of questions about it. Some of them seem "mesmerized" by a motorcycle that emanates a deep resounding "wooooo - whirrr - whirrr" when doing circle 8's in the parking lot(s). I like doing circle 8's :icon_cool:

shooter
04-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Will , you're a disappointment. I was looking for an insightful review on the seat. Instead you told me what I already know. Harleys are noisey.:clap2:

LPMojo
04-28-2016, 02:13 PM
Will , you're a disappointment. I was looking for an insightful review on the seat. Instead you told me what I already know. Harleys are noisey.:clap2:

Hey Shooter!

Cool thread. Dig that seat!
Curious, what windshield do you use?

Thanks,
Bobby

shooter
04-28-2016, 03:35 PM
Thanks Bobby. I sent you a PM.

Dave Ritsema
04-28-2016, 03:46 PM
I have just ordered an Ultimate King from Des for my 2015 Goldwing anniversary edition.
The stock seating position is awful, SO much different than my F6B. (Which also had an Ultimate King seat.) He is using red stitching like the factory seat. I am very excited because I know it will make a huge difference in the comfort of my bike. I have had Ultimate seats on all my bikes since 1998 and wouldn't even consider anything else.
Qualty, comfort, customer service, Ultimate Seats hits all the marks as far as I am concerned.:yes::yes:

LPMojo
04-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks Bobby. I sent you a PM.

Didn't get one? Don't want to derail your old thread. Tried to pm ya, but you're all filled up. :icon_lol:

Jimmytee
04-28-2016, 06:46 PM
I have just ordered an Ultimate King from Des for my 2015 Goldwing anniversary edition.
The stock seating position is awful, SO much different than my F6B. (Which also had an Ultimate King seat.) He is using red stitching like the factory seat. I am very excited because I know it will make a huge difference in the comfort of my bike. I have had Ultimate seats on all my bikes since 1998 and wouldn't even consider anything else.
Qualty, comfort, customer service, Ultimate Seats hits all the marks as far as I am concerned.:yes::yes:

That difference in seating position is one of the reasons I preferred the F6B. Sat me back more like my Valk.

shooter
04-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Bobby sent you another PM and emptied my inbox.

Dave Ritsema
04-29-2016, 04:18 AM
That difference in seating position is one of the reasons I preferred the F6B. Sat me back more like my Valk.

Couldn't agree more, which is also why I chose the F6B. Sadly, I could just never get momma happy on the back of it. She loves the new Wing. Know I just have to get ME comfortable. I am confident the new Ultimate seat will make a big difference in that.

LPMojo
04-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Couldn't agree more, which is also why I chose the F6B. Sadly, I could just never get momma happy on the back of it. She loves the new Wing. Know I just have to get ME comfortable. I am confident the new Ultimate seat will make a big difference in that.

She want happy on the back of the f6?
After thousands of miles on the back of my Night Train, my gf is mighty impressed with the f6 passenger seat. Seems pretty comfy back there, though she has to hold on tighter now. :icon_biggrin:
New Wing sounds nice.

Dave Ritsema
04-29-2016, 10:18 AM
She want happy on the back of the f6?
After thousands of miles on the back of my Night Train, my gf is mighty impressed with the f6 passenger seat. Seems pretty comfy back there, though she has to hold on tighter now. :icon_biggrin:
New Wing sounds nice.

I guess it wasn't as much comfort as it was security. My bike for the last 12 years prior to the F6B was a Valkyrie Interstate (with Ultimate seats of course!) and she felt more tucked into the tour pack. Even with a higher passenger backrest she just felt too exposed on the F6B. I like the new WIng, I really can't tell much of a difference from a handling or performance perspective from my F6B.

edgeman55
04-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Dave that kiss say's it all-Happy Wife Happy Life! I am kinda in the same boat as the wife will take short rides with me on the F6 but does not really feel secure on it.Have a buddy with a 2010 Wing and when he let me take the wife out for a ride on it she felt much more comfortable and secure enveloped in that back pillion.By the way his bike has a Day Long seat which creates more room up front for the pilot which I need over the stock setup on a full dress Wing.That is why I went F6B as the cockpit area has more leg room.That is one purty Wing you got- enjoy it and ride safe.

LPMojo
04-29-2016, 01:18 PM
I guess it wasn't as much comfort as it was security. My bike for the last 12 years prior to the F6B was a Valkyrie Interstate (with Ultimate seats of course!) and she felt more tucked into the tour pack. Even with a higher passenger backrest she just felt too exposed on the F6B. I like the new WIng, I really can't tell much of a difference from a handling or performance perspective from my F6B.

She's a beauty! The bike, I mean.

willtill
04-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Digging a hole I see... :icon_mrgreen:

...don't let "her" hear that :shhh:

Dave Ritsema
04-29-2016, 05:57 PM

Thank you, on BOTH counts. :icon_lol:

stroguy
05-22-2016, 01:54 PM
OK, you guys have ad another month to get your butts up close and personal with the Ultimate seats. One more report for the hard of hearing before I place my order this week.

shooter
05-22-2016, 07:56 PM
Stro , I honestly feel the same. It is without a doubt the best motorcycle seat I have ever sat on. It is head and shoulders above the stock seat. Sharon likes the passenger seat also. She was happy with the stocker but she says the King is better. It definitely sits you a little higher. That's not a bad thing. It helps my old knees. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Definitely one of my best purchases for this bike. Do it man. You won't regret it.

JGF6B
05-22-2016, 08:07 PM
I recently tried a mid-rider. I'm 5'9 185 lbs. I didn't like how the mid-rider seat moved me up and forward. A little more reach to the ground but that didn't bother me as much as the change in seating position.
I did think the seat was beautiful and extremely comfortable. Maybe a little too soft for me but still all-day comfortable. My co-pilot thought it was way better than the stock seat.
If you're on the fence about mid-rider or king, go with the king.

stroguy
05-22-2016, 08:42 PM
Stro , I honestly feel the same. It is without a doubt the best motorcycle seat I have ever sat on. It is head and shoulders above the stock seat. Sharon likes the passenger seat also. She was happy with the stocker but she says the King is better. It definitely sits you a little higher. That's not a bad thing. It helps my old knees. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Definitely one of my best purchases for this bike. Do it man. You won't regret it.

Thanks brother. I am in. Gonna get it this week on order. Now the coin flip for the driver backrest. I don't want it but I want it. Kinda like when Miss Reynolds did that thing in 9th grade. I wanted it but I didn't want it. Guess that's a decision I'll have to live with. Life sux.

I recently tried a mid-rider. I'm 5'9 185 lbs. I didn't like how the mid-rider seat moved me up and forward. A little more reach to the ground but that didn't bother me as much as the change in seating position.
I did think the seat was beautiful and extremely comfortable. Maybe a little too soft for me but still all-day comfortable. My co-pilot thought it was way better than the stock seat.
If you're on the fence about mid-rider or king, go with the king.

Thank you sir. The King would be my choice.

shooter
05-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Stro I hate to give advice. It can bite you in the ass. I personally feel that the step in the King is more vertical than the stock seat. It gives my old back good support. I have never liked leaning back. I feel "unready" for lack of a better term. Its a personal decision. I can't put one on mine. I didn't want the little flap showing. I'm kinda picky but I like the choice I made. Mine looks like a million bucks. Good luck.

ReserveBum
05-23-2016, 06:22 AM
Just ordered the Mid Rider w/ both backrests and the same black crok inlay as Shooter. I will pick it up/get it installed at Americade. Really looking forward to this!

shooter
05-23-2016, 06:37 AM
WTF!!!!!! Design your own seat!!!!:joke::joke:

stroguy
05-23-2016, 07:10 AM
Scary that someone would like your taste.

shooter
05-23-2016, 11:51 AM
I'm a "high class redneck". I got a snakeskin headband on my hat too.

wjduke
05-23-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm a "high class redneck". I got a snakeskin headband on my hat too.

omg...the things I'm learning about you. Probably haven't told us yet about the boots and belt. :stirthepot:

ReserveBum
05-24-2016, 07:56 AM
WTF!!!!!! Design your own seat!!!!:joke::joke:

Trust me, I went through all the inlay/color options hoping to find that unique look thats "all me". But that Black Croc just kept calling me. Got a feeling we wont be the only two with that design.

Bob Penn
05-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Trust me, I went through all the inlay/color options hoping to find that unique look thats "all me". But that Black Croc just kept calling me. Got a feeling we wont be the only two with that design.

Now I have to meet up with you at Americade, Thursday 11 am at Mc D. That was one of the reasons I'm going to see their seat. Now I'll be able to see one mounted.

toy_collector
05-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Anyone come up with an easy way to install and remove the waterproof cover? That's the one thing I don't like about this seat, that cover is a real PIA to get on under the stock passenger backrest plate and hooked around the front.

willtill
05-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Anyone come up with an easy way to install and remove the waterproof cover? That's the one thing I don't like about this seat, that cover is a real PIA to get on under the stock passenger backrest plate and hooked around the front.

You have to start at the front of the seat first when putting on the cover; and work your way to the back of the seat. I don't even try to put it completely over the rear of the seat because of the passenger backrest and luggage rack making it too inaccessible.. so just push it unded the passenger backrest as best as I can and call it a day.

RickJ
05-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Good timing on the rain cover mention...I am intrigued by this seat, and it seems like a good style and function upgrade. HOWEVER, the site makes it clear that the rain cover should be used when riding in the rain, as well as when leaving it in the rain...seems like a weakness in the functionability of an item on a vehicle designed to be able to withstand use in the rain! I understand their reason, I don't like the idea that not covering it in the rain (even riding in the rain) is a necessity. Observations? Thoughts? corrections?

Hornblower
05-24-2016, 01:51 PM
Good timing on the rain cover mention...I am intrigued by this seat, and it seems like a good style and function upgrade. HOWEVER, the site makes it clear that the rain cover should be used when riding in the rain, as well as when leaving it in the rain...seems like a weakness in the functionability of an item on a vehicle designed to be able to withstand use in the rain! I understand their reason, I don't like the idea that not covering it in the rain (even riding in the rain) is a necessity. Observations? Thoughts? corrections?

I agree with others that putting on the rain cover is something you'd rather not have to do, especially if you get caught suddenly and find yourself trying to wrestle that thing on with rain pouring down. I used to wonder why many of the premium aftermarket seats didn't use a more water resistant material similar to what the OEM uses. I finally decided (assumed) that the reason was to use a more breathable material offering better comfort. AFAIK, that is accurate. Of course, you always have trade-offs when you make changes and having to use a rain cover is the one here.

shooter
05-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Your stock seat will leak water also. Anything with a seam and stitches will leak. Ultimates thought is that when you pay big money for a premium product you should want to protect it.

shooter
05-24-2016, 02:00 PM

Its OK buddy. I'm in negotiations with Ultimate to name that design The Shooter.

Ultimate Seats
05-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Your stock seat will leak water also. Anything with a seam and stitches will leak. Ultimates thought is that when you pay big money for a premium product you should want to protect it.

Shooter nailed it- No seat out there, including stock seats, are completely waterproof. The vinyl that we use in our seats is premium marine grade vinyl - it won't leak a drop. It has sometimes been perceived as a flaw or weakness in our design, however ANY SEAT with a stitch line will let water in. We talk about the rain covers up front and not as an after thought (when you have a wet butt) because we offer a custom fitted (and application specific) solution to combat mother nature. That all said - we know that the F6Bs rain cover can be a PITA to install under the deluxe passenger backrest bracket - it's on the radar, and if/when we come up with something better we will advise.

Best,

Dave

six2go
05-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Trust me, I went through all the inlay/color options hoping to find that unique look thats "all me". But that Black Croc just kept calling me. Got a feeling we wont be the only two with that design.Make that at least 3 of us. Shooter had his first for sure, but I couldn't tell by the pics just what it was. Then I was going through Ultimate's "Option Page" and saw it there and decided that's what I wanted. I've had it for over a month now and like it a lot. It was either going to be that or something with the "Ostrich with an inlay" but decided on the black/croc.

98valk
05-24-2016, 03:43 PM

The stock cover may leak a bit. But the stock seat has a plastic layer on top of the foam just under the cover. That keeps the sponge from getting soaked. Big difference between just the cover being wet and the sponge getting saturated.

I had an Ultimate seat on my Valk that got caught in the rain overnight. I got to ride the next 12 hours with a wet butt! I would take the discomfort of the dry plastic layer all the time vs riding on a soaked seat all day. But that's just me. :stirthepot:

shooter
05-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Make that at least 3 of us. Shooter had his first for sure, but I couldn't tell by the pics just whatever it was. Then I was going through Ultimate's "Option Page" and saw it there and decided that's what I wanted. I've had it for over a month now and like it a lot. It was either going to be that or something with the "Ostrich with an inlay" but decided on the black/croc.

COPYCAT!!!!! Ha Ha. You're riding on "The Shooter". I may get a patent on it.

Hornblower
05-24-2016, 04:17 PM
The stock cover may leak a bit. But the stock seat has a plastic layer on top of the foam just under the cover. That keeps the sponge from getting soaked. Big difference between just the cover being wet and the sponge getting saturated.

I had an Ultimate seat on my Valk that got caught in the rain overnight. I got to ride the next 12 hours with a wet butt! I would take the discomfort of the dry plastic layer all the time vs riding on a soaked seat all day. But that's just me. :stirthepot:

Sooooo...maybe the real reason the Ultimate is more breathable is not the material itself but that the plastic layer protecting the foam is missing. What about that Ultimate?

Ultimate Seats
05-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Sooooo...maybe the real reason the Ultimate is more breathable is not the material itself but that the plastic layer protecting the foam is missing. What about that Ultimate?

Hornblower,

That is absolutely correct.

From our website: http://ultimateseats.ca/ultimate-seats-quality

"We do not use plastic between our foam and cover like the original seat that came on your motorcycle because we want our seats to breathe. Manufacturing our motorcycle seats without the sheet of plastic between the vinyl and foam allows for a cooler ride."

Best,
Dave

toy_collector
05-24-2016, 05:25 PM
I wish the plastic liner was an option. I've taken the ultimate seat back off for daily riding to work so I don't have to worry about soaking the foam. If the rain cover was easier to use this might not be an issue.

willtill
05-24-2016, 05:38 PM
I wish the plastic liner was an option. I've taken the ultimate seat back off for daily riding to work so I don't have to worry about soaking the foam. If the rain cover was easier to use this might not be an issue.

There has got to be something that we can treat the stitch lines with, to prevent water from seeping into the foam underneath.

Periodic application of warmed beeswax in the stitches? It would be pliable enough.

2015F6B
05-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Guys I wanted to wait till I had a chance to test this seat properly before I gave a report. I rode 250 miles Saturday. I can honestly say that my Ultimate King seat is the finest MC seat I have ever sat on. Never did I get "dead butt" or "burning butt" or feel any discomfort or feel like I needed to get off and rest. I am 6'1" and 290. My impressions. Seating position is exactly the same as the stock seat. Same distance from the bars. 1/2 to 3/4 inches higher. I feel this is because the foam doesn't compress as much. Nose us narrower so I really don't feel like its much difference on being flat foot at stop signs. I have a 32 inch inseam.

Must add my two cents worth at this point. After a few phone calls, I rode over to Ultimate Seats today in Ormond Beach, had a King with driver's backrest installed, went for a test ride and then went back and made the purchase. Didn't take any longer than that to be sold on the comfort of their seats . . . and the folks at Ultimate absolutely know how to treat their customers. No hard sell, just confidence in their product. I knew I wanted it before I got five miles into the test ride, but the real test was driving three hours back home. I have to agree with shooter, never got "dead butt or burning butt" and was comfortable for the entire trip and I'm 6'2", 235 lbs with 32" inseam. The bony parts of my xss, which hurt like xell on the way there (on the factory seat) never bothered me on the return trip. On top of that, they're shipping my factory seat back to me at their expense! Doesn't get much better than that. Super people to deal with, can't say enough about them.

Proving that seating comfort is subjective however, and unlike shooters review, I definitely have more reach to the bars, which in my case was great since I have a 36" sleeve length. I also agree with shooter about the seat being marginally higher, but again that worked out great for my body build. And although I was flat-footed at stops, I felt that the nose of the seat was actually a tad wider, but then three people can review the same product and you'll get three different opinions. Lastly, build quality is excellent, haven't found any flaws in the seat what-so-ever. Also, they have one of the best warranties in the business. I realize that seats at this price point aren't for everyone, but if you really want a quality product, head over to Ormond Beach and see the folks at Ultimate.

PS: forgot to mention, they also threw in rain covers for the seat and backrest which made the deal even sweeter.

shooter
05-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Hey , you don't have to agree with me all the time. Just most of the time. Nah , just kidding 2015. We both do agree that its a fine product. All the seams are flawless and the pattern is perfectly centered on mine. But , as you said the proof is in the ride. Mighty Fine. That's the word. Great review 2015.

98valk
05-24-2016, 07:00 PM
There has got to be something that we can treat the stitch lines with, to prevent water from seeping into the foam underneath.

Periodic application of warmed beeswax in the stitches? It would be pliable enough.

It would seem that if you got the seat covering sealed so that it did not leak at all, it would be the similar to plastic. Meaning it would not breath. A lot of extra work to get the same result.

I second that plastic between the cover and the foam be an option. :yes:

I liked my Ultimate "lowboy" on my Valk. It looked cool and lowered me into the bike more. But, it still hurt after a couple of hours in the saddle.

Even with that, if Ultimate had made a lowboy for the F6, I would have bought it over the Mustang that I did get.

willtill
05-24-2016, 08:23 PM
How does one "dry out" an Ultimate seat... after the unfortunate scenario of the foam getting wet?

SimonTemplar
05-25-2016, 01:16 AM
There has got to be something that we can treat the stitch lines with, to prevent water from seeping into the foam underneath........

There is, actually.

Go down to your friendly neighbourhood hiking/backpacking outfitters and tell them you want a couple tubes of 'SeamStuff'. It is designed for just exactly this sort of thing, except in gore-tex tents and sleeping bags.

Absolutely no idea how well it will work on a leather or vinyl seat.....especially with your butt rubbing back and forth on it all the time. It is also not very attractive. It doesn't disappear when it dries, it just turns an off-brown colour that gets darker with age. But, on backpacking equipment it works well.

Proceed at your own risk...I accept no blame.

....sT

Dave Ritsema
05-25-2016, 04:28 AM
How does one "dry out" an Ultimate seat... after the unfortunate scenario of the foam getting wet?

Mine got wet a few times from getting caught out in the raid or being over zealous while washing the bike. I just put a thick towel over it and sat on it, then just pushed down on the towel while standing next to it for a few minutes, kind of like blotting up a stain on a carpet. Let it dry and by the next morning it seemed to be completely dry.

willtill
05-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Mine got wet a few times from getting caught out in the raid or being over zealous while washing the bike. I just put a thick towel over it and sat on it, then just pushed down on the towel while standing next to it for a few minutes, kind of like blotting up a stain on a carpet. Let it dry and by the next morning it seemed to be completely dry.

Good to know. Thanks

Hopefully the memory foam that they use is mildew resistant

Ultimate Seats
05-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Good to know. Thanks

Hopefully the memory foam that they use is mildew resistant

It has a mildew/mold inhibitor in it's composition.

eamstanl
05-25-2016, 11:09 AM
I’ve had the midrider for over a year. Love this seat. You can ride all day without any discomfort. I ordered the backrest but hardly ever use it.

Dave Ritsema
05-25-2016, 12:32 PM
I’ve had the midrider for over a year. Love this seat. You can ride all day without any discomfort. I ordered the backrest but hardly ever use it.

I have had Ultimate Seats on my motorcycles pretty much since Des has been in business. All of those bikes got wet from time to time and never had an issue at all with the seat foam being wet after the next day at the latest. I can appreciate people having concerns about it but for me it has been a non issue in over 16 years of actual use.
Of course it is best practice that you use the rain covers but the chance of it getting wet without one and having a big problem is quite minimal in my experience.

Dave Ritsema
05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Make that at least 3 of us. Shooter had his first for sure, but I couldn't tell by the pics just what it was. Then I was going through Ultimate's "Option Page" and saw it there and decided that's what I wanted. I've had it for over a month now and like it a lot. It was either going to be that or something with the "Ostrich with an inlay" but decided on the black/croc.

Have seen this seat in person and it looks awesome!

I have probably directed over 100 plus people to Ultimate Seats over the years, especially for Valkyries and several F6B's, and not one person ever came back to me and said they regretted their decision. Des is building one for my new 2015 GoldWing right now to match the factory red stitching that the anniversary models have, can't wait to get rid of the dreadful stock Honda seat and get my rear back in comfort heaven!

willmusac
05-28-2016, 11:45 AM
After a lot of research, I decided to go with the ultimate mid rider seat. The main reason is that i wanted a riders backrest. I had a back rest on my 02 Harley Electra Glide, and never took it off.

I made the purchase when I was at bike week (Daytona speedway). The owner and his wife were very helpful. I then went to destination Daytona where their Brand new store is. The salesmen there was over the top in information about my new purchase.

The seat was sent to me latter when i arrived home. Installed it and just love it. Great looking seat and the workmanship is right on.

It does sit you just a little higher, maybe a half inch higher

My test was a ride from San Diego to Laughlin (river run) in April. 320 miles on way. No discomfort at all.

stroguy
06-08-2016, 10:12 AM
My King is on order today. Libby is good people.....give her a call.

Elroy
06-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Anyone know what the current lead time is for an Ultimate Seat? Have a 4,200mi trip planned for mid-July and debating getting a seat.

Dave Ritsema
06-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Anyone know what the current lead time is for an Ultimate Seat? Have a 4,200mi trip planned for mid-July and debating getting a seat.

I would think you should be fine if you order quickly.

stroguy
06-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Call Libby.

Elroy
06-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I would think you should be fine if you order quickly.

Call Libby.

Thanks, I'll do that.

willtill
06-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Takes 3 weeks for special order; if they do not already have it in stock.

stroguy
06-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Takes 3 weeks for special order; if they do not already have it in stock.

My seat was in stock and is in the truck to TEXAS. Unfortunately the silver and grey samples US sent me just couldn't match the Matte Silver bike. So I settled on a straight black with carbon fiber inlay. Wanted to get some crocodile but the colors just didn't work for the Matte Silver in my taste. The comfort is 90% of my desire.

shooter
06-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Its OK buddy. You can only strive to be like me. Its not always achievable. Your still my best forum "Bud".:icon_mrgreen:

shooter
06-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Hey Stro , get you some of those tapered bolts. Sure makes the job easier.

stroguy
06-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Hey Stro , get you some of those tapered bolts. Sure makes the job easier.

Link me bro on the bolts

I wanted the croc but even though its ebony, it still had some brown tones. I will leave the shooter seat to the shooter.

shooter
06-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Wingstuff has them. Google F6B tapered seat bolts.

Dave Ritsema
06-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Wingstuff has them. Google F6B tapered seat bolts.

http://wingstuff.com/products/35360-rust-free-easy-mount-seat-bolts-for-f6b
http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/main_image/000/022/902/original.png?1378937777

stroguy
06-09-2016, 06:38 AM
I can't have that bright chromogasm silver bolts on my bike. Where's the black ones?

shooter
06-09-2016, 07:01 AM
You need those brother. Channel your inner Shooter.

toy_collector
06-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Be sure to use anti-seize if you get those bolts so you don't fuck up your threads. Don't ask me how I know about that :icon_doh: .

JGF6B
06-09-2016, 07:45 AM
I can't have that bright chromogasm silver bolts on my bike. Where's the black ones?

I was able to install an Ultimate seat without too much difficulty using the original bolts after I added a washer under the front plate per a post by Wing'n it:

"I found the solution to the seat being hard to install. I took mine back off and was trying to figure out exactly why it's soo hard to get the bolt back in place. Turns out that the problem (at least with mine) is the front metal plate that Ultimate is using for the front catch. That plate is working like a stop because of the way it's bent. I took mine off and added a 1/8 inch shim plate just under the front mounting bolt to widen the gap a little. Now the seat drops right on and the bolts just push through into the frame holes no more prying it forward with screwdrivers through the holes. I'll get a picture up later of what I did."

w/o the shim, I couldn't get the stock bolts in. Thank you Wing'n it.

shooter
06-11-2016, 09:25 PM

You're chromophobic.

stroguy
06-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Black bolts matter.

shooter
06-11-2016, 10:13 PM
You got me on that one. I'm kinda tired. Been dragging three HD's through the Arkansas mountains for the last two days. Did a moonshine run , 110 miles , 662 curves this morning. Peel ferry run this afternoon. Only 352 corners on that one. My chicken strip is in the middle of my tire.

SimonTemplar
06-12-2016, 12:57 AM

Right here.....

stroguy
06-12-2016, 06:11 AM
Seat is being delivered tomorrow, it will be impossible to wait for a shipment of bolts and a day of paint n dry before installing. Christmas is tomorrow. If I do get a set I was going to paint em. Thanks SImon.

ReserveBum
06-12-2016, 07:27 PM

have the owner do the install!
Great job...love the seat.

shooter
06-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Copycat!!:yes:

ReserveBum
06-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Copycat!!:yes:

Guilty....but it was given the unofficial title of " The Shooter Special"

SimonTemplar
06-13-2016, 02:44 AM
Anyone with an Ultimate King in the Hickory/WinstonSalem/Greensboro/Charlotte/Chapel Hill, NC area?

I'd like to sit on one for a few minutes before I take the plunge.

(yes, I know...they have a nice return policy. But why jump through hoops if you don't have to?)

.....sT

shooter
06-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Guilty....but it was given the unofficial title of " The Shooter Special"

No seriously , I'm flattered. That looks great on your bike. I just got back from Arkansas riding some of the roads we will see on the rally. I still love that seat. Congrats on yours.

stroguy
06-14-2016, 09:39 PM
She is mounted and ready for her maiden trip tomorrow AM to work. Wish I would have had it for the trip over to New Braunfels, my azz was really aching bad with the stocker and beads. I mean to the point of 'screw this I don't like riding this bike more than two hours'. I might like going to work tokorrow.

shooter
06-14-2016, 09:51 PM
I know what you mean about the azz ache. Friday rode from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. One stop of about 45 minutes. My butt was still happy. Every time I climb on I'm thankful that the Good Lord let me save up enough money for that baby. Dang she looks good too.

stroguy
06-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Well I am as excited as when Mrs Greaady got that Halloween surprise from you and thought it was from me. I always enjoy taking your credit.

RickJ
06-18-2016, 08:32 PM

Shooter...that ebony croc looks like it has a fair amount of brown in it...looks good on yours, but I have the Red (2013) F6. I like keeping Black as the only other color...is that the camera or is there a brown hue to the ebony? Looking at the carbon...THAT looks black, I wonderr if it is a real carbon fabric or the same vinyl as ther rest of the seat.

shooter
06-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Rick it does have a brownish , grayish color. Very complimenting on my bike. Maybe not on your red bike. They have other colors you could use in the same pattern. Just the black seat is a good looking seat by design. The carbon fiber I've seen is black. Take your time and do the research before you buy. Its an expensive purchase. If you want to talk , PM me and I'll give you my number.

RickJ
06-19-2016, 06:37 AM
Rick it does have a brownish , grayish color. Very complimenting on my bike. Maybe not on your red bike. They have other colors you could use in the same pattern. Just the black seat is a good looking seat by design. The carbon fiber I've seen is black. Take your time and do the research before you buy. Its an expensive purchase. If you want to talk , PM me and I'll give you my number.

Someone just mentioned that the black Ostrich was black...They also mentioned that samples can be obtained...WOW this could be a real lesson in patience for me! Taking my time...HA that's a new one!! Thanks.

BTW was the Black carbon a vinyl? it looks like the black seat automatically has black carbon on the side panels...

willtill
06-19-2016, 07:00 AM

have the owner do the install!
Great job...love the seat.

Did Dez do the "2 washers under the front mounting bracket" trick when he installed it?

stroguy
06-19-2016, 11:26 AM
My mounting experience was fairly easy. I did need a third hand. My seat needed a bit of lifting to align the bolt holes. Very little forward pressure was required.

My initial feelings are good. My butt is still recovering from a long ride on the stocker with beads. Next long ride I have I will post my butts comments.

RickJ
06-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Next long ride I have I will post my butts comments.

Usually I try to keep my butt's comments to myself...and I don't usually want to hear other people's butt's comments...this is a rare time that I am curious to hear YOUR butt's comments

shooter
06-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Someone just mentioned that the black Ostrich was black...They also mentioned that samples can be obtained...WOW this could be a real lesson in patience for me! Taking my time...HA that's a new one!! Thanks.

BTW was the Black carbon a vinyl? it looks like the black seat automatically has black carbon on the side panels...

The carbon is a vinyl. You can get it with or without I believe.

ReserveBum
06-20-2016, 06:24 AM
Did Dez do the "2 washers under the front mounting bracket" trick when he installed it?

He did not...he did have to futz with it for a few minutes, but it went pretty smooth. Did not have to push or shove the seat or use extra personnel. Just used a small driver to locate the holes and line them up

ReserveBum
06-20-2016, 06:36 AM
Usually I try to keep my butt's comments to myself...and I don't usually want to hear other people's butt's comments...this is a rare time that I am curious to hear YOUR butt's comments

Jury is still out but I have taken three 100 + mile trips and I no longer get the "100 mile azz burn" that I got from the stocker. I have the Mid Rider and it pushed me forward 1/2" - 1". Dont feel any height changes. I like the design with the built in back that adds support but also bought the riders backrest which I really have not used much.
Dez also provided the rain covers but honestly the seat cover is kind of pain to put on but when I left Americade it was pouring so I put it on when I put my rain gear on. It rained pretty hard for that 120 mile ride and seat stayed dry.
The seat is like a magnet...everyone who walks by has a good comment. That seat with the black croc goes so well with the black F6B. When he was doing the install, I swear there was not one person who walked by did not stop and comment on it. So far I am extremely happy and looking forward to some longer rides.

shooter
06-20-2016, 06:42 AM
You're welcome. LMAO

ReserveBum
06-20-2016, 07:03 AM
You're welcome. LMAO

I'll promise to add the text...."Shooter Special" when discussing the seat in the future:stirthepot:

RickJ
06-20-2016, 07:52 AM
OK...suggestions for custom insert on 2013 Red? I don't think the "Shooter special" will work with the red...

so far someone thought Black Ostrige (sp) would look good...I don't know if the contrast with the rest of the seat would be striking or not... I'm calling ultimahe soon to request a few samples.
http://ultimateseats.ca/12140

Dave Ritsema
06-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Most here won't be that interested in my seat as it is a King for a 2015 GoldWing red/black anniversary bike but I included a picture if you are. I had Des do it in red stitching to match the OEM seat. Last Week my wife and I had a 500 mile day and had the seat installed by Des at a Valkyrie event in Morgantown WV. Two days later we had a 500 mile day in the saddle again and the difference was remarkable, much more comfortable and if it hadn't been for the heat I could have ridden farther that day. I have had Ultimate's on all my Valkyries, my F6B and finally my Wing. As expected, I LOVE it!

SPGrenier
06-20-2016, 10:11 AM
The carbon is a vinyl. You can get it with or without I believe.

Here's my Ultimate without the carbon fiber accent detail. You have to order it specifically with all black vinyl.

RickJ
06-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Most here won't be that interested in my seat as it is a King for a 2015 GoldWing red/black anniversary bike but I included a picture if you are. I had Des do it in red stitching to match the OEM seat. Last Week my wife and I had a 500 mile day and had the seat installed by Des at a Valkyrie event in Morgantown WV. Two days later we had a 500 mile day in the saddle again and the difference was remarkable, much more comfortable and if it hadn't been for the heat I could have ridden farther that day. I have had Ultimate's on all my Valkyries, my F6B and finally my Wing. As expected, I LOVE it!

I AM interested, and thanks...I was going with the red stitching...whether or not to do inserts was my next dilemma

Dave Ritsema
06-20-2016, 05:01 PM
I AM interested, and thanks...I was going with the red stitching...whether or not to do inserts was my next dilemma
Good! Glad it helped you a little. The black carbon fiber look side panels look good in person on the F6B. Just a subtle difference that I think compliments things nicely.

shooter
06-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Good looking seat Dave. Shouldn't show these guys though. They will all want one just like yours if they have a full wing.:joke:

six2go
06-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Good looking seat Dave. Shouldn't show these guys though. They will all want one just like yours if they have a full wing.:joke:Heck, I think I'll buy one just like Dave's to hang in the garage. Just because!:icon_mrgreen:

shooter
06-20-2016, 06:31 PM
I think you should. I don't have a full wing but I might get one too. :crackup:

RickJ
06-20-2016, 07:48 PM
I just ordered two...a wing one with red stitching and a ebony crocki one...I'll alternate

shooter
06-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Showoff.

RickJ
06-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Showoff.

The guy at Ultimate said the Ebony Croc looked great with the red F6...he said it looked a LOT better than on the Black (well, I made up the last part)

shooter
06-20-2016, 08:16 PM
LMAO. Its tough being at the top. Everyone is gunning for you.:icon_cool:

stroguy
06-29-2016, 02:49 PM
OK, that's two weeks with the King. I like sitting in the seat. The King definitely accomplishes that. I can't go flat footed anymore, no big deal. It is comfortable, but I have only managed daily commuter trips to work or here and there. It may be September before I get another chance for a long ride to report any deadbuttiotisness. I don't have enough days off for my September anniversary trip and the Russelville trip. So, I have to work everyday conserving my days off. But for now I give the King a big thumbs up.

Dave Ritsema
06-29-2016, 05:41 PM
OK, that's two weeks with the King. I like sitting in the seat. The King definitely accomplishes that. I can't go flat footed anymore, no big deal. It is comfortable, but I have only managed daily commuter trips to work or here and there. It may be September before I get another chance for a long ride to report any deadbuttiotisness. I don't have enough days off for my September anniversary trip and the Russelville trip. So, I have to work everyday conserving my days off. But for now I give the King a big thumbs up.

You might find over time that the seat drops you down just a little as it breaks in.

shooter
06-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Stro as it breaks in it does drop down a little. I think it has gotten more comfortable also.

stroguy
06-29-2016, 08:12 PM
Stro as it breaks in it does drop down a little. I think it has gotten more comfortable also.

It's not bad and I think it's more of the seat being a bit wider on the inner thighs (don't get excited). I noticed the push outwards on my thighs more than a feeling of being raised. The best part is I find my back posture is much more upright. That feels good for sure. I just installed my Rivco highway pegs this evening, that will be a fun ride tomorrow. Weather permitting I may just go for a long ride after work tomorrow up I45 up to Lake Conroe.

shooter
06-29-2016, 09:22 PM
Yeah the Rivco's are great. Its nice to be able to change positions on a long ride. At this point I feel my B is comfortable for me. I wouldn't want to do 4 or 5 hundred miles every day. My body just won't do it at this stage. But I can do 5 hundred in a day if I need to. Happy Riding buddy. Have a great Fourth and enjoy the family. I'm headed to Cincy to see Trevor. Gonna be in the seventies out there for highs. I can see a couple days of riding this weekend.

stroguy
06-29-2016, 10:04 PM
Be careful and enjoy the weekend. I think my bike is where she needs to be for comfort. Gonna store up my AreKansas dollars.

shooter
06-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Don't forget to save a few for your old buddy. I've had a costly year. I'll tell you about it sometime. Ha! Just remembered you've had a little bad luck also. We both dealt with insurance companies and I know I lost my azz. Betting the same.for you.

stroguy
06-30-2016, 06:25 AM
10-4

stroguy
08-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Wifey loved the King. First ride in a bit but she loved it. Put about 3 hours riding in and she was quite content.

Audiochris90
08-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Wifey loved the King. First ride in a bit but she loved it. Put about 3 hours riding in and she was quite content.

Ive just unboxed mine, got to put it on. Good to know the passenger is happy. No croc inlays on mine but looks cool. I did get the backrest for me and raincover for washing her.

ReserveBum
08-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Its great to hear how great the King seat is.....man do I wish I had it to do over again! Really made a very expensive mistake and now seem to be stuck with it. Just some advice for those interested in the Ultimate......be really careful about your choice, The Mid Rider may not be the answer even if your size/weight fits their profile.
Yeah I know I am a little bitter.....that was a big investment

RickJ
08-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Its great to hear how great the King seat is.....man do I wish I had it to do over again! Really made a very expensive mistake and now seem to be stuck with it. Just some advice for those interested in the Ultimate......be really careful about your choice, The Mid Rider may not be the answer even if your size/weight fits their profile.
Yeah I know I am a little bitter.....that was a big investment

...On the other hand...I'm like 5'"9 (at the most) and weigh about 178...inseam maybe 29 (little less?) and the MID is right for me. I was SO tempted to go King (bigger is better...right? and "KING" sounds better than "mid" ) the guy at ultimate recommended and for once I listened. any bigger (longer) seat and thatvertical nice back support would be useless...the pegs let me snug into the back...without them its a little stretch to get as far back as possible, in other words, I have room to shift around...not jammed in the seat. The other day I ordered the driver backrest...it was a no brainer once I found out it has 3" adjustment fore and aft...On my 1K trip my baack got a little sore

If anyone needs to try before you buy, I'd be willing to meet up to a few hours from cooperstown NY...or come by here- great little village and good riding all around here.