PDA

View Full Version : any black pipes yet?

Darkknight
08-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Has anyone installed the TorqMaster Black pipes yet. I had given up waiting for them. Just wondering if they ever showed up?

F6B-RICH
08-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Yes got my black chrome Daytona pipes a few weeks ago.They look good.I am still fooling around with the baffles to get the perfect sound I want.

RoughRider
08-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Had my Cobra pipes ceramic coated flat black. Love the look, same color as the seat.

Darkknight
08-21-2013, 10:38 AM
NICE!
My chrome units seem to have developed a rattle. I didn't hear it, (i'm almost deaf in one ear) but sweetie heard it when I drove off. I suppose it could even be the belly pan. I'll have to check into it. It may be one of the baffles.

I could just turn up the radio and IT'S ALL GOOD!

paolo305
08-22-2013, 01:41 PM
NICE!
My chrome units seem to have developed a rattle. I didn't hear it, (i'm almost deaf in one ear) but sweetie heard it when I drove off. I suppose it could even be the belly pan. I'll have to check into it. It may be one of the baffles.

I could just turn up the radio and IT'S ALL GOOD!

after going and look and lissening to all the pipes out there my choice was between the Torque masters and RUSH.

Last night my F6B went for a ride with the RUSH pipes! They rock and were shipped right away! 1.5 hours to install and off I went!

I recommend them highly sound a lot like by buddies porsche panamera GTS! :icon_biggrin:

Bruce B
08-22-2013, 03:54 PM
after going and look and lissening to all the pipes out there my choice was between the Torque masters and RUSH.

Last night my F6B went for a ride with the RUSH pipes! They rock and were shipped right away! 1.5 hours to install and off I went!

I recommend them highly sound a lot like by buddies porsche panamera GTS! :icon_biggrin:

I'm considering the Rush pipes and have a couple of questions. I had Dragon Packs on my Valkyrie. They had a great sound that the guys compared to a turbo Porsche and the volume was healthy but not offensive. At cruise there was a drone that wasn't bad but did get old after a bit. How are the Rush pipes in that regard?

Did you get the black ones and if so, are you having the shields powder coated? Any idea on the cost for that?

Did you go direct to Rush or somewhere else for a deal?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Bruce

paolo305
08-22-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm considering the Rush pipes and have a couple of questions. I had Dragon Packs on my Valkyrie. They had a great sound that the guys compared to a turbo Porsche and the volume was healthy but not offensive. At cruise there was a drone that wasn't bad but did get old after a bit. How are the Rush pipes in that regard?

Did you get the black ones and if so, are you having the shields powder coated? Any idea on the cost for that?

Did you go direct to Rush or somewhere else for a deal?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Bruce

I went with Crome just like the look and I think the flat black will be a dated look soon
And Crome is always good!

It sounds very much like a Porsche I think it. Very similar to the panamara gts
No turbo whine lol

I bought them on line you can't buy direct I got mine from md racing 475 with the shipping

On the highway there isn't much difference to stock just a little more bass
But not a drone.

You can get the smaller baffles 2.25 that are a little more quiet

bobbyf6b
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I bought them on line you can't buy direct I got mine from md racing 475 with the shipping

What is "md racing 475"? I googled but didn't find it.

Bruce B
08-22-2013, 10:31 PM

I think it's "MD Racing" and he paid $475 including shipping.

Bruce B
08-22-2013, 10:52 PM
I went with Crome just like the look and I think the flat black will be a dated look soon

No turbo whine lol

On the highway there isn't much difference to stock just a little more bass
But not a drone.

You can get the smaller baffles 2.25 that are a little more quiet

It sounds like your larger baffles are just right. Thanks for the info.
Bruce

paolo305
08-23-2013, 07:29 AM

MD Racing street and Track Peformance 309-526-3246 they have real people answering phones which I like.

MDracingstp.com

bobbyf6b
08-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Found it. Thanks.

http://mdracingstp.com/

Texas TC
08-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Paolo305 wrote:

I have had the same experience with the Torq Masters. Good, mellow Porshe sound. I also like keeping the chrome look low on the F6B.

Scotrod
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
IMHO, over time, the durability of anything painted is less than something chromed.

Vic had a CC last year that was red with black pipes, black accents, etc. Sharp looking bike!!! I saw one that was 'used' for a few months and the black was already starting to transition into gray. Not much, but noticable.

Fade rate will also be differnt in different materials,,, ie where hard plastic meets 'rubber' mount (Vic t-sigs)

Black is ~nice~,,, if it stays that way,,,