PDA

View Full Version : It's down to Ultimate and Russell

bigswole31
02-25-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm seriously considering an aftermarket seat, but I don't live anywhere near the companies that manufacture these things. I'm a little bigger than average guy (6'4" 330lbs.) and long rides on the OEM seat have been murder!!!!.... especially around the tailbone!!! :yikes:

From the reviews, I've narrowed it down to Ultimate and Russell. They are both in the same ballpark pricewise (not cheap), but I feel like I'm flying blind here. If the seats only cost $200 or so, I'd be willing to experiment, but these things can easily cross the $1000 mark, so I'd like to get all of the info that I can.

I know that seat opinions are HIGHLY subjective, but I'll take whatever you have. Do any of you have experience with BOTH the Russell and the Ultimate King-rider? If you have details on one or the other, I'll gladly read them, ESPECIALLY if you put more weight on the seat than most. Also, feel free to post any pics of your seat, as aesthetics are also very important to me.

Thanks in advance!

Steve 0080
02-25-2016, 09:44 PM
Go with the Ultimate King and don't look back.... The Russel seat is a nice seat IF you go out there and have it fitted. I looked, but became nervous
measuring and taking pic's of me on the bike for someone to interpret and then make a seat.... Get the Ultimate...ride it for 10 days, if you don't like it send it back !

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8034-Ultimate-King

robrm250
02-25-2016, 09:46 PM
I have had Corbin's,Sargent's,Baldwin,HD touring,BMW comfort and owned many many bikes over the years.I am 6'3 and the most comfortable bike and seat setup I have ever been on is a f6b with ultimate king seat plus I like the looks.

bigswole31
02-25-2016, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your input gentlemen.

How long have you owned your ultimate seat? I'm wondering if the foam holds up over time.

Jimmytee
02-26-2016, 05:32 AM
Thanks for your input gentlemen.

How long have you owned your ultimate seat? I'm wondering if the foam holds up over time.

Can't speak to the Ultimate for the F6B ( have a Corbin ) but the Ultimate King on my Valkyrie has held up very well.

Dave Ritsema
02-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Go with the Ultimate King and don't look back.... The Russel seat is a nice seat IF you go out there and have it fitted. I looked, but became nervous
measuring and taking pic's of me on the bike for someone to interpret and then make a seat.... Get the Ultimate...ride it for 10 days, if you don't like it send it back !

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8034-Ultimate-King

I have had Ultimate seats on two different Valkyries and my F6B. Foam holds up very well, as does the cover. As Steve said, go with the Ultimate King and you won't regret it!

six2go
02-26-2016, 08:17 AM
I've had both types, but not on the same style of bike. I had an Ultimate "Big Boy" on my Valkyrie which has a similar seating position as the F6B and the Russell was on my V-Strom which has more of a "Standard" position. Both bikes were what I call "Coast to Coast Comfortable". I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Although with the Russell you will be without a seat for awhile.