PDA

View Full Version : Weather Map

MichaelG
08-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I wanted to share this website that I use daily...sometimes several times a day...and I find it to be very useful and user friendly.

http://weatherspark.com/#!maps;a=USA

Once you copy and paste that site to your computer, then save it as a Favorite, all you have to do when the screen pops up is to go to the top of the screen, and input your ZIP code, or your name of town and state.

I use this site to find weather details...current weather details, all around the country, including Canada. I do a daily check on what is happening in that place called...Franklin, NC., or where my Florida brother lives in Sanford, FL.

BTW...right this minute it is 66 degrees in Franklin, NC, and raining... http://weatherspark.com/#!maps;ws=29359

Try it, see if you like it, and if it works as well for you, as it does for me.

imported_scottydi
08-21-2013, 10:28 AM
I had been looking for the alternative to the weather channel website that is obviously running on a Commodore 64 in somebodies basement on a dial up modem.

Scott

jkelley
08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
LOL
Miles it has been raining here in "Wettern" NC for the entire year! Further don't look like it will stop any time soon.

I truly wish everyone coming in has a safe ride but be damn sure you got good rain gear!!!!!!!!!!!

This summer, going 30 miles in any direction results in me getting wet regardless of any weather forecast.
These mountains have a real strange effect on weather.
We passed our yearly average amount of rain in June, and on pace for the all time rainfall amount record.

bobbyf6b
08-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Not as good for iPhone.

You must have flash player v11+ installed and enabled to use the dashboard.

But still gives weather report.

Bike44
08-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Here's (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?zoom=4&extents=50.488302,-172.089844,72.893802,-130.960937&density=1) what I use for weather. Pick out the area of interest or address, select map or satellite view, select the overlays and data density, zoom in to increase detail, and cursor click on the reporting location for current and historical info plus trends. Use the Google Streetview Icon in the upper left for a look at the terrain from a rider's perspective.

Steve 0080
08-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Great web site..... I too have been watching the weather....one of the wettest years on record....

yabiah
08-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Very nice, Miles. Thanks!

Phantom
08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Miles,

Nice link.

I have been using INTELLICAST for years, very fast and dead on.

Here is Franklin, NC

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?location=USNC0246

MichaelG
08-21-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL
Miles it has been raining here in "Wettern" NC for the entire year! Further don't look like it will stop any time soon.

I truly wish everyone coming in has a safe ride but be damn sure you got good rain gear!!!!!!!!!!!

This summer, going 30 miles in any direction results in me getting wet regardless of any weather forecast.
These mountains have a real strange effect on weather.
We passed our yearly average amount of rain in June, and on pace for the all time rainfall amount record.

I will do my best to bring SUNSHINE and decent temps to the Franklin, NC area when I ride there.

We have a reputation for being a wet zone in Western Washington State, which...is not true. We may in fact have more overcast skies during more days of the year than many places do, but...last year we went over 60 days with ZERO rain in the Summer, and this year we have had an unusually DRY Summer. Today was 80 degrees, and very dry. I was running mu underground irrigation sprinklers a few times today.

When I leave here on Monday, I intend to DRAG the Sunshine with me, and while it may slow me down a little big...dragging all that sunshine behind me, I believe that the slower ride will be better for fuel mileage, and that the F6B does have the power to pull all this sunshine all the way to North Carolina.:biggthumpup:

timjoebob
08-21-2013, 05:38 PM
There's great app for iPad and iPhone from NOAA with radar updated every five minutes, storm intensity information, storm speed, distance from your present position, watches and warning, and much more. Just search NOAA. For a weather addict like me, it's been very valuable on the road. Out in Arizona last summer on a trip, it helped me and a buddy duck for cover and cover our bikes just in time for a 15 minute blinding duststorm. It's the best weather radar app I've seen. If it costs any money, it's not much.

Bruce B
08-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Ditto on the NOAA site. Scroll down to the "Hourly Weather Forecat Graph" for the best forecast detail I've found.
www.noaa.gov

Darkknight
08-22-2013, 03:31 AM
I like it!
Thanks Miles