PDA

View Full Version : wjduke,, and a RI ride

DMAGOLDRDR
02-27-2016, 08:20 AM
I thought I would get away from the last thread as I did not want to hijack the original post.

I ride out to RI at least twice a year.
Once a year for Lunch at Aunt Carries in Narragansett with a stop at Point Judith, Beaver Tail and Brenton Point.
And at least once a year for a ride to Twisted Throttle in Exeter.

Also just a few miles from Old Saybrook is Madison, where another favorite lunch stop is. Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale on RT1

Motorcycles and Sea Food,,,, damn, now I'm hungry just thinking about a Lobster Roll

Dan

wjduke
02-27-2016, 09:39 AM
I thought I would get away from the last thread as I did not want to hijack the original post.

I ride out to RI at least twice a year.
Once a year for Lunch at Aunt Carries in Narragansett with a stop at Point Judith, Beaver Tail and Brenton Point.
And at least once a year for a ride to Twisted Throttle in Exeter.

Also just a few miles from Old Saybrook is Madison, where another favorite lunch stop is. Lenny and Joe's Fish Tale on RT1

Motorcycles and Sea Food,,,, damn, now I'm hungry just thinking about a Lobster Roll

Dan
We'll do something this season. I want to do some serious riding since I missed the past two. I'm saving this thread and will be in touch when I have something planned down there. By the same token, touch base when you're up this way. Anything RI is only an hour or so from me. We'll do our own RTE.

wjduke
03-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Well, we did something today, didn't wait. Great day riding with Dan, Ed on his full wing, Dan's friend Dave on an older Valk, and Dan's other friend Rick ( I think) on his Harley. I ended up with a 350 mile day, good food, and can't wait to do it again. Connecticut roads don't disappoint. The guys went out of their way a bit to meet up and it was appreciated. These guys are hard core and I wish I was closer to join in a few more. First time riding with some new Honda's and it was a pleasure.

No pics, but Ed took a couple of the bikes parked....maybe will post. My phone camera only does selfies, so that wasn't happening.

Thanks to Ed for adjusting my suspension. It was still at factory level.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-13-2016, 08:30 PM
Well, we did something today, didn't wait. Great day riding with Dan, Ed on his full wing, Dan's friend Dave on an older Valk, and Dan's other friend Rick ( I think) on his Harley. I ended up with a 350 mile day, good food, and can't wait to do it again. Connecticut roads don't disappoint. The guys went out of their way a bit to meet up and it was appreciated. These guys are hard core and I wish I was closer to join in a few more. First time riding with some new Honda's and it was a pleasure.
No pics, but Ed took a couple of the bikes parked....maybe will post. My phone camera only does selfies, so that wasn't happening.
Thanks to Ed for adjusting my suspension. It was still at factory level.

It was good to meet you also, and great to have you along on the ride. You are welcome to join in any time. I'm sure Ed will put up a couple pictures, and we can never let him live down the fact that he didn't ride his F6B !!!!
How did the suspension change go ??

wjduke
03-14-2016, 04:31 AM
It was good to meet you also, and great to have you along on the ride. You are welcome to join in any time. I'm sure Ed will put up a couple pictures, and we can never let him live down the fact that he didn't ride his F6B !!!!
How did the suspension change go ??

We can forgive Ed, he still rode a Honda...crazy bugger that he is! I feel a softer ride over smaller bumps, I wouldn't call it drastic. It was pretty stiff but even then, I was ok with it. I got off the bike at the end of the day and just smiled at it, and that was my first long day in two years.

Will be in touch along the way. I would definitely like to do this again.

vmaxed
03-14-2016, 09:11 AM
It was good to meet you wjduke...here are the pics from yesterday's ride :039:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/Ride%20pics/2016-03-13%2012.40.32.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/Ride%20pics/2016-03-13%2012.40.26.jpg

wjduke
03-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Ya that's me...eating again....thanks for the pics Ed! Glad I wore a black shirt...shooter can't see how big I am.