PDA

View Full Version : Center Stand EZ-LIFT

Cool Hand Luke
02-27-2016, 10:08 AM
For those of us with center stands (from Honda) as well as Goldwing owners who find it difficult to raise their bikes on centerstand, I found an interesting product that can help:

http://www.philsfarkels.com/gl-1800--helping-hand--1.html

Ixol Phaane
02-27-2016, 10:47 AM
For those of us with center stands (from Honda) as well as Goldwing owners who find it difficult to raise their bikes on centerstand, I found an interesting product that can help:

http://www.philsfarkels.com/gl-1800--helping-hand--1.html

It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of extra leverage! :yes:

ghost
02-27-2016, 11:46 AM
This just might be the solution for those of us who removed the seat grab rails because of seat modifications.

stepbill
02-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Just wonder if that permanent mounted piece would drag in a turn?

buckeyeken47
02-27-2016, 11:55 PM
The problem is where to go with the leverage part. He said to store it in the side bag but when it has to be unlocked to open it seems like a bit of a pain.

Steve 0080
02-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Just wonder if that permanent mounted piece would drag in a turn?

If you drag the center stand you have way more problems to worry about !!!

The problem is where to go with the leverage part. He said to store it in the side bag but when it has to be unlocked to open it seems like a bit of a pain.

How often do you really put a bike on the CS ?

Seems like a good tool as the aging process catches up to us !

Miwhite
02-28-2016, 01:58 PM
I have a serious back problem, but I can still put my bike on the centre stand by rolling the rear tire unto a piece of wood. A 2x4 works well but will not allow you to turn the rear tire, so if I need a free rear tire I use a narrower piece of wood.

shooter
02-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Are you gonna have that piece of wood on the side of the road for a flat repair?

Fla_rider
02-29-2016, 01:03 PM
I want an phunmatic shock center stand like Robocop has!

stepbill
03-11-2016, 03:36 PM
I ordered one and have it installed. I have one knee replaced and will have the other replaced after Russellville and I really do like it! Not a struggle at all to get it up :icon_redface:, on the center stand, that is. I have the key mod and just leave my bag unlocked most of the time so it is no problem to put it in the left saddlebag.

Cool Hand Luke
03-11-2016, 06:12 PM
I ordered one and have it installed. I have one knee replaced and will have the other replaced after Russellville and I really do like it! Not a struggle at all to get it up :icon_redface:, on the center stand, that is. I have the key mod and just leave my bag unlocked most of the time so it is no problem to put it in the left saddlebag.

I'm glad it helps you!

gray rider
03-11-2016, 08:38 PM
I recently received and installed one of these. Very high quality machining and finish. The best part is that it makes getting the bike up on the center stand easy. I made a simple case for the lever from a scrap of fleece just to keep it from rattling in the saddlebag. Looking at my bike, l believe that if I'm dragging the lever mounting bracket I've already crashed.

vstar09
03-13-2016, 05:10 PM
So this thing works as advertised?

stroguy
03-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Don't forget your skateboard tape for a nonslip surface to place your foot. I do not surrender to age yet, the stock stand works for me. But for you knee replacement folks it is a great device.

Davidk
05-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Mine came in this morn and just installed it. It took a bit of practice the first few attempts, but it works as advertised. It is still a slight struggle for me, but it's impossible for me to put the bike on the center stand without it. Might be even easier for me with more practice.

UPDATE -- tried a few more time and it got easier each time. Definitely a recommended product.

stepbill
05-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Mine came in this morn and just installed it. It took a bit of practice the first few attempts, but it works as advertised. It is still a slight struggle for me, but it's impossible for me to put the bike on the center stand without it. Might be even easier for me with more practice.

UPDATE -- tried a few more time and it got easier each time. Definitely a recommended product.

Glad that you like it, I know that I sure do! :yes:

Old Ryder
05-05-2016, 09:06 PM
What does it cost? I did not see a price on the website.

Davidk
05-05-2016, 09:32 PM
What does it cost? I did not see a price on the website.$120 plus $8 shipping. Yes, its a terrible site. Price is listed here:http://www.philsfarkels.com/gl-1800--helping-hand--1.html