PDA

View Full Version : Chrome wheel spoke covers,,,

Scotrod
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
I know the F6B is pretty much the 'anti-chrome' choice of Wing riders, but some riders coming from chrome-enhanced V-twins may suffer from TBTS syndrome,,,

('too black / too soon')

Granted, not everyone will be affected, but a little chrome here and there in moderation might be OK,,,

Currently, there are several 'auto' rims with chrome and black themes that look 'nice',,,,

Wondering if these covers would 'blend well' with the overall black F6B front wheel / brake covers appearance:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1334/chrome-wheel-spoke-covers

Perhaps a slight 'flow' of chrome 'hints' from the front wheel, past the engine guards/valve covers, back through the exhaust,,,

As far as appearance, I think with the wheel/tire off the bike, adding these covers would improve the overall look of the wheel/tire.

What it looks like on the bike might be a different story,,,

I'm sure many here "Just say NO to CHROME!"

LOL! I understand, but I'd like to know if anyone has or knows someone who actually tried these on a Wing before? Are they going to be durable, or fly off like Chinese throwing stars over 40 mph?:shock:

I assume the Gwing rims are smooth and machine-finished where these 'glue' on,,,, Are the F6B rims the same, machine finished but painted/powder-coated?

TIA!

Steve 0080
08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Wonder if they would stay on.... at speed ???? could be an option.... maybe not ????

Westernbiker
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I have an almost totally chromed out '97' Honda Valkyrie. If you know anything about this bike, you know how much chrome goodies you could and still can get for this machine. BUT! My black F6B will NEVER have any more chrome parts than what it came with from the factory. :nono:
ANTI CHROME for the F6B! :biggthumpup:

Scotrod
08-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Completely understand if you want to stay with noir.

Would like to know if anyone has any first or second hand experiences with this product,,,

bobbyf6b
08-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Your bike, your money. Chrome the whole thing for all I care. Just warn me when you bring it out in the sunlight so I'm not blinded. :icon_cool:

Scotrod
08-21-2013, 08:02 PM
LOL!

Not talking about a full-on OLD WING bling job, just a thought in my noggin. reaching out to some folks I thought might know.

Looks like this isn't the right crowd,,,,

No worries!

gray rider
08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Detail my Rune after even a short rain ride and you will go back to black and never look back!

micky_foccer
08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm with Western. Chromed out my Rune. Never my 6!

bobbyf6b
08-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Someone posted another pic but here's one I found.

mike neal
08-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I added the chrome looking vents for the fairing and front fender. Then added some of the chrome looking fender trim. All of this stuff is stick on bling and may be removed when I upgrade to decent paint but for now just a little bit sets mine black unit off from others in a parking lot.

What I am really looking at is something to dress out rear view of the bags. Have not settled in on an answer just yet but looking at a reflective stick on solution. The ass end on this thing is already as big as Montana so something to break up that rear end "panoramic view" ....ANY SUGGESTIONS or pics of what others have done?

Take care my friends and ride safe
Mike Neal
East Texas

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Kury has a few '2nd Generation Wing' pieces for the rear, but other than that,,, it would have to be 'self-created'.

There is a lot of 'canvas' on the back of an F6B for an artist to work on! LOL!!! Been keeping that one in the back of my mind as welll

"Black and Silver" go back a loooong ways as a great combination. No reason for that to change anytime soon!!!!!!

To me, it's all a matter of the total package, the sum of the parts,,, some small accents tastefully done, and knowing 'when to say when',,,

Some folks do well, but many are prone to go overboard,,,,

Met a guy with a VTX once that had virtually every piece Kury made for it,,,, Eh,,, no thanks,,,

Wingman
08-25-2013, 03:49 PM

:puke::puke::puke:

BLACKBETTY12
08-25-2013, 07:18 PM
I would be hesitant about adding anything extra to my wheels for fear of throwing off the balance. I can't imagine all the self adhesive chrome pieces being the same weight and size and not have balance issues. Have you ever noticed cars with hub caps going down the road and they didn't look centered on the wheel? This can't possibly be the best ride compared to a machine wheel with no hub cap. Just my two cents...Hope this helps!

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm sure a poor install job would be bad news,,, Installation directions are pretty precise. IMHO, it would be best to take the front wheel off and up on a bench instead of fighting with it on the bike..
Plenty of possibilities for error during install. 24 hr cure time.

Wingstop had a few reviews. None for an F6B. Most thought they were pricy and didn't have a lot of visual 'effect'. (Probably not a lot of visual effect at Gwing rims are silver to begin with,,,,)

They have been out for quite a while. MSRP of $160. Found a set for >$70. Still thinking about it,,,,

Retired Army
08-25-2013, 08:09 PM

Imposable to ride this bike without causing permanent blindness.:icon_lol:

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Imposable to ride this bike without causing permanent blindness.:icon_lol:

I hear ya!

There's a 'full chrome' HD I've seen a couple times here in Houston,,, Makes me wonder "Why?",,, for about 2 seconds! LOL!!!!