PDA

View Full Version : FLEW INTO AZ AND PICKED UP A F6B TODAY - 419 MILE DRIVE HOME W/ 85 DEGREE TEMPS !!

adventurous1
02-28-2016, 12:20 AM
Hey ALL:

Flew into Phoenix this a.m. (previous deal in Arlington, TX fell thru) , dealer picked me up, drove me to the dealership - 11.2 cash OTD for 2013 w/ 4K miles w/ factory warranty thru 11/17 - and literally drove it off the showroom floor. 2 lane fwys in the middle of nowhere to become acclimated to the bike was well worth it. 419 miles back to Los Angeles. Desert temps 85 degrees - and it' s winter. T-Shirt and hiking sandals. For 3/4 of the ride, 80 to 100 mph, and I have to tell ya - it was a little unnerving to not hear my drag pipes though my MP3 Playing was belting out Bob Seger's, 'get out of denver' and KONGOS - Come with Me Now were crystal clear (thru a full face helmet ) at slightly over 100 mph. Surreal. Barely noticed the bike feel the road - Had to remember - this is a bike - NOT a car. Whewwwww daddy.

Your input on four TALL GUY mods would be greatly appreciated. I'm 6'2" w/ 36 inseam.

1) Definitely going the ultimate king route, the Roadsmith Comfort Controls, mini floorboards. But, will the RS controls AND the drop mount mini boards (or full floorboards) place my feet to low?

2) Ergo ii or iii cruise pegs?

3) Are the handle bar risers useful?

4) Windshield. What aftermarket sizes and manufacturers? I like looking slightly over the screen, not thru it.

Thanks ALL.

114th COBRA
02-28-2016, 05:55 AM
:congrats: Still trying to get some miles on my 15. No major mods yet. Weather breaking a little today so expect to get a couple hundred in. Enjoy the ride. :039:

53driver
02-28-2016, 08:09 AM
Congrats! This forum is full of tall-guy mods. Seems most of y'all are 6' something....
Use the Search window.... "mods" even 6'2" perhaps.
There are also several threads on "order of mods."
I.E. get your seat squared away first, THEN windshield and floor boards. Everything is relative to where you keister gets comfortably planted!

Dfinkelsteinmd
02-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Hey ALL:

Flew into Phoenix this a.m. (previous deal in Arlington, TX fell thru) , dealer picked me up, drove me to the dealership - 11.2 cash OTD for 2013 w/ 4K miles w/ factory warranty thru 11/17 - and literally drove it off the showroom floor. 2 lane fwys in the middle of nowhere to become acclimated to the bike was well worth it. 419 miles back to Los Angeles. Desert temps 85 degrees - and it' s winter. T-Shirt and hiking sandals. For 3/4 of the ride, 80 to 100 mph, and I have to tell ya - it was a little unnerving to not hear my drag pipes though my MP3 Playing was belting out Bob Seger's, 'get out of denver' and KONGOS - Come with Me Now were crystal clear (thru a full face helmet ) at slightly over 100 mph. Surreal. Barely noticed the bike feel the road - Had to remember - this is a bike - NOT a car. Whewwwww daddy.

Your input on four TALL GUY mods would be greatly appreciated. I'm 6'2" w/ 36 inseam.

1) Definitely going the ultimate king route, the Roadsmith Comfort Controls, mini floorboards. But, will the RS controls AND the drop mount mini boards (or full floorboards) place my feet to low?

4) Windshield. What aftermarket sizes and manufacturers? I like looking slightly over the screen, not thru it.

Thanks ALL.

Great buy and fun trip home. How long did it take? If you made it comfortably on the stock seat you are doing well. Good look making it fit your riding style--the customization process is fun and almost unlimited! Welcome to the club.

ths61
02-28-2016, 04:18 PM

Thanks ALL.

I did something similar, rode 400+ miles to the dealer, traded my bike for a B and then rode the B 400+ miles back, but not in hiking sandals. Good way to acquaint yourself to a new bike in 12-lane rush hour traffic. :shock:

With the $$$ cost of the mods you mentioned, you might want to also consider Heli-Bars which will give you more options than just risers.

The Ergo 3's are spring loaded (like Mick-O-Pegs) and may give longer legs some more stretch, the Ergo 2's are fixed.

There is a lot of threads here on most of your questions (except for the Roadsmith Comfort Controls).

The drop mount mini-boards was my first mod. Bought them at a Honda Dealership on the way home from buying the B and installed them before putting the B in the garage for the first time. They are not too low for someone 6' and above.

Congrats and good luck with your new scoot.

adventurous1
02-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Great buy and fun trip home. How long did it take? If you made it comfortably on the stock seat you are doing well. Good look making it fit your riding style--the customization process is fun and almost unlimited! Welcome to the club.

Thank you.

At 80 to 100 mph (full face helmet for this trip), made it home in about 6. 5 ish. The last 40 or so miles had to split lanes a little. Only stopped twice and that was for gas. Stock seat wasn't to bad...just getting used to pedal position. Whewwww......

Ventured up to the Deer Lodge today in Ojai with some buds. Blessed with another 85 degree day. 150 miles was a breeze, though the pavement hit my toes (ha ha....no kidding) on some twisties. Yup, saddles again but the toes are thick rubber like boots. This bike handles effortlessly and I use a lot of counter steering vs. leaning with this bike. Wickedly fun.

adventurous1
02-28-2016, 10:54 PM
I did something similar, rode 400+ miles to the dealer, traded my bike for a B and then rode the B 400+ miles back, but not in hiking sandals. Good way to acquaint yourself to a new bike in 12-lane rush hour traffic. :shock:

With the $$$ cost of the mods you mentioned, you might want to also consider Heli-Bars which will give you more options than just risers.

The Ergo 3's are spring loaded (like Mick-O-Pegs) and may give longer legs some more stretch, the Ergo 2's are fixed.

There is a lot of threads here on most of your questions (except for the Roadsmith Comfort Controls).

The drop mount mini-boards was my first mod. Bought them at a Honda Dealership on the way home from buying the B and installed them before putting the B in the garage for the first time. They are not too low for someone 6' and above.

Congrats and good luck with your new scoot.

Thanks.

The bike I almost purchased had the Heli's on 'em and a mustang day tripper (that moved me closer, whereas I need the exact opposite). The seat I was going to end up selling, and the Heli's is a tuff 'resell' if I didn't need 'em after I change out the seat and pegs. They're a tad pricey. Believe the risers are about 80 ish. Though if I'm able to pick up a used Heli....may go that route.

First mods will be ultimate king seat, RS controls and some drop downs, passenger boards as well, SoCal's LED fog lights and LED turn signals (their LED head lights too when they finally arrive to the market), and Ergo's.

Do the Ergo 2 and 3's both extend the same distance (horizontally) ?

ths61
02-28-2016, 11:37 PM
Thanks.

The bike I almost purchased had the Heli's on 'em and a mustang day tripper (that moved me closer, whereas I need the exact opposite). The seat I was going to end up selling, and the Heli's is a tuff 'resell' if I didn't need 'em after I change out the seat and pegs. They're a tad pricey. Believe the risers are about 80 ish. Though if I'm able to pick up a used Heli....may go that route.

First mods will be ultimate king seat, RS controls and some drop downs, passenger boards as well, SoCal's LED fog lights and LED turn signals (their LED head lights too when they finally arrive to the market), and Ergo's.

Do the Ergo 2 and 3's both extend the same distance (horizontally) ?

Ergo 2's and 3's adjust like the hand on a clock. The 3's adjust length wise, the 2's do not. The 3's also are spring loaded and available in black.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71lBix69WmL._SL1200_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6121jYPZNSL._SL1350_.jpg

Steve 0080
02-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Congrats! This forum is full of tall-guy mods. Seems most of y'all are 6' something....
Use the Search window.... "mods" even 6'2" perhaps.
There are also several threads on "order of mods."
I.E. get your seat squared away first, THEN windshield and floor boards. Everything is relative to where you keister gets comfortably planted!

Great Post... Start with the seat, handle bars...either risers or what ever, then shield.... foot pegs of some type after seat as well....

Congrats !!!!!!

adventurous1
02-28-2016, 11:56 PM
Great Post... Start with the seat, handle bars...either risers or what ever, then shield.... foot pegs of some type after seat as well....

Congrats !!!!!!

I"m on it. Thx!