PDA

View Full Version : How many F6Bs are there in the world?

stevenolts
02-28-2016, 07:56 AM
I am just curious about a few things:

Does anyone know how many F6Bs there are out there in the world?
How many members are there on this forum?

Steve

wjduke
02-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Can't tell you how many F6B owners in the world, but if you click on "forum" on the home page and scroll down, it says there are 3,480 members here as of this morning.

stevenolts
02-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Do you think all of these members own an F6B? or most?

wjduke
02-28-2016, 10:51 AM
I would say most do, but like me in the beginning, are trying to learn things about it. I was on for quite a few months before I made the decision and was able to buy one.

Old Ryder
02-28-2016, 12:33 PM
I have only been a member since November 2014 and I have seen a lot of guys leave. Why?????? Some get different bikes---some get mad----Not sure about the rest, but a lot of guys no longer post for whatever reason. There does not seem to be as much activity as there has been in the past. I guess after all your questions get answered, there is only so much to talk about. I remember about 3 pages of new daily posts---now some days there is less than 1. :shrug:

stevenolts
02-28-2016, 12:38 PM
Well it is great to have when its winter and you can't ride every day. It is so nice to talk to others who share your passion about this fantastic bike. I find myself talking to people about how great this bike is even if they don't want to hear about it. Most people don't care and are unwilling to consider anything but a Harley.

I think of it like soccer my other obsession no ones seems to like / I talk but no one seems to care so I have to sell them how great it is. As I always say "Ride it and you will believe"
Steve

Old Ryder
02-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Well it is great to have when its winter and you can't ride every day. It is so nice to talk to others who share your passion about this fantastic bike. I find myself talking to people about how great this bike is even if they don't want to hear about it. Most people don't care and are unwilling to consider anything but a Harley.

I think of it like soccer my other obsession no ones seems to like / I talk but no one seems to care so I have to sell them how great it is. As I always say "Ride it and you will believe"
Steve

One of my favorite quotes:

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a shit.” :icon_lol:

opas ride
02-28-2016, 02:29 PM
One of my favorite quotes:

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a shit.” :icon_lol:

++1 my friend....As I just turned 76 years old, I totally agree with your post...The government can go to hell, political correctness can "kiss my ass" and HD riders can continue to polish their bikes, and I will just ride and enjoy my F6B when I can..Ride safe

3Chief
02-28-2016, 04:40 PM
++1 my friend....As I just turned 76 years old, I totally agree with your post...The government can go to hell, political correctness can "kiss my ass" and HD riders can continue to polish their bikes, and I will just ride and enjoy my F6B when I can..Ride safe

Agreed

Phantom
02-28-2016, 06:52 PM
There does not seem to be as much activity as there has been in the past. I guess after all your questions get answered, there is only so much to talk about. I remember about 3 pages of new daily posts---now some days there is less than 1. :shrug:

When you own a bike that does not break down like others, there is only so much that you can repeat on the same topic. After about 12 months, you pretty much have learned most of what will be necessary to keep this Bike rolling for 500,000 miles. The Brake recall had 4 threads at one time, we condensed them all into one.

Today alone we had 434 members log-in and 1,502 guests lurk around. There is only so much to discuss. Old Ryder, contrary to your belief the website is more popular then ever. We have GOOGLE Analytics installed on the site which tracks traffic, how much time members spend on the site per visit, how many pages they view etc etc etc.

GOOGLE Analytics for 2014 showed that we had 281,564 sessions and 3,295,011 page views.
GOOGLE Analytics for 2015 showed that we had 331,246 sessions and 3,641,271 page views, the website continues to be very popular, is still growing and has increasing interest. In 2015 our average visitor spent 11:00 minutes on our website and viewed 11 pages during every visit. Returning visitors are at 83% and our bounce rate is at 17%. ALL of these numbers continue to be extraordinary. We continue to Rock and we have been and per GOOGLE …. continue to be the #1 Honda F6B Goldwing forum website in the WORLD.

taxfree4
02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
That's why it's so important to keep the topics eclectic, how about I start a crocheting thread in the "Off Topics".

ShanghaiDan
02-28-2016, 07:46 PM
That's why it's so important to keep the topics eclectic, how about I start a crocheting thread in the "Off Topics".
You know, a nice set of saddle bag cozies would be the perfect addition!

taxfree4
02-28-2016, 08:28 PM
You know, a nice set of saddle bag cozies would be the perfect addition!

Exactly, and I think that every F6B owner in the world, however many there are, would jump at the chance. (see what I did there)

Old Ryder
02-28-2016, 09:41 PM
When you own a bike that does not break down like others, there is only so much that you can repeat on the same topic. After about 12 months, you pretty much have learned most of what will be necessary to keep this Bike rolling for 500,000 miles. The Brake recall had 4 threads at one time, we condensed them all into one.

Today alone we had 434 members log-in and 1,502 guests lurk around. There is only so much to discuss. Old Ryder, contrary to your belief the website is more popular then ever. We have GOOGLE Analytics installed on the site which tracks traffic, how much time members spend on the site per visit, how many pages they view etc etc etc.

GOOGLE Analytics for 2014 showed that we had 281,564 sessions and 3,295,011 page views.
GOOGLE Analytics for 2015 showed that we had 331,246 sessions and 3,641,271 page views, the website continues to be very popular, is still growing and has increasing interest. In 2015 our average visitor spent 11:00 minutes on our website and viewed 11 pages during every visit. Returning visitors are at 83% and our bounce rate is at 17%. ALL of these numbers continue to be extraordinary. We continue to Rock and we have been and per GOOGLE …. continue to be the #1 Honda F6B Goldwing forum website in the WORLD.

No, no, no---I never said there was not as much interest or people reading and lurking. I merely said the number of posts and new threads were not as numerous and certain guys who I met early on are not here anymore. I also do not mean to imply that they should not have moved on. I am just saying that there seems to be a slow down in the number of daily posts----or maybe the things being posted does not interest me as much. :icon_wink: No insult intended. On the contrary, this is the only site I check on a daily basis.

Phantom
02-28-2016, 10:06 PM
No, no, no---I never said there was not as much interest or people reading and lurking. I merely said the number of posts and new threads were not as numerous and certain guys who I met early on are not here anymore. I also do not mean to imply that they should not have moved on. I am just saying that there seems to be a slow down in the number of daily posts----or maybe the things being posted does not interest me as much. :icon_wink: No insult intended. On the contrary, this is the only site I check on a daily basis.

I wasn't insulted at all, just stating the facts.
Although I am a member of 6 other websites, I am no longer as active on those as I once was (even though I still own those type of motorcycles). I used to post multiple times a day on other sites, lately I might post once every 3-4 months. People come and people go, some like it here and stay, some don't and move on. I've seen a few spats and a few feelings have been hurt between some discussions but that's with any forum. In some rare cases some are asked to leave for violating forum rules (multiple times).

I know for a fact that we have activated 16 new members to this website in the last few days. I just glanced at the first page of the General Message section and there are 4 new member introductions. Tonight, I just activated another 6 new registrations. Posts will pick up once riding season comes around and the new members start dressing up their F6B's with "new to them" accessories.

I compliment our members for being a class act and a group of very helpful individuals. :cheers:

Old Ryder
02-28-2016, 10:47 PM
I flew RC aircraft for about 20 years from 89-2009. (Now they call them drones and pilots are in high demand--of course I was ahead of my time to be productive). The first 10m years were very expensive in terms of money and the time invested in trial and error. I got internet service and suddenly when you are sharing ideas from experts from around the world, things change quickly and the learning curve takes a different shape quickly.

Same with owning my Harleys. The HD forums were something else, but it was very crowded. You would start a thread on a starter issue and in 4 hours there were 40 posts and the discussion had turned into weather you should drink coffee black or with creamer. There was a lot of guys over there and they all wanted to help but it was overwhelming at times.

The Victory forums were very valuable. The population was small and since there was so little dealer knowledge and support, everybody heavily relied on each other. I am not joking when I say that within 3 months I knew more about my bike than the service manager of the local dealership who had been there since 1989 when Victory started selling bikes.

My point??????? The power and knowledge found in places like this cannot be measured. Can you put a price tag on that?

You can have bizzilion members, but if they are not willing to share then not much is gained. If your bizzilion members do not know what they are discussing, you are still in the dark. If you have to sift thru the BS and blow hard unregulated monusha to get what you need------then you are still left wanting.

Back to the question---How many F6Bs in the world? I dunno. How many forum members? Again-- I dunno :shrug: I do notice a lot of new members---that is great and good to see. I suppose you are correct in saying that when the core discussion is about a bike that has no major issues and problems--- and the hot button subjects are car tires and fork braces, then things get kind of dull. Not many questions and when they get answered---then what? That is better than tryng to figure out how to keep the bike from leaving you stranded on a daily basis. This is a great place to hang out.

BigAl1952
02-28-2016, 11:24 PM
I haven't posted to much just got my F6B last year. I did at first when like some mention I was enquiring about accessories and such. I come in here quite a bit and learn a lot. But Im just a young guy who likes to hang out with old guys cause old guys know something:crackup:

ShanghaiDan
02-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Exactly, and I think that every F6B owner in the world, however many there are, would jump at the chance. (see what I did there)

Wait, you're not going to send around a template and upload a Youtube video on how to "pearl one stitch two" to make our bag cozies?

Steve 0080
02-28-2016, 11:53 PM
I am just curious about a few things:

Does anyone know how many F6Bs there are out there in the world?
How many members are there on this forum?

Steve

The answer to your question is a secret ... and Honda will NEVER tell the truth !!!!!

Honda is so bad, that they just start over with serial numbers for no other reason than a new paint color !

taxfree4
02-29-2016, 04:45 AM
Wait, you're not going to send around a template and upload a Youtube video on how to "pearl one stitch two" to make our bag cozies?

I don't have the time these Tupperware parties are knocking the hell out of me, but if I did I am sure the 35,673 (estimated) F6B owners in the world would jump at the chance, is Rosey Grier available.

wjduke
02-29-2016, 05:56 AM
As far as how this forum is compared to others...I can say that the M109 forum has had a lot of members post a lot less in the past year alone. Not sure what started it, but I mean guys that still own the bike. I'm there a lot less now for obvious reasons, but still check in multiple times a day. That site is more volatile than here too. Much more drama, although it's been around longer and is larger in membership.

Also, this forum is more lenient and enjoyable. They have strict rules which I don't see here. The first thing I noticed was a "for sale" post. There, if you don't put "FS" or "For Sale" in the beginning, they delete it. They would never allow "Hump Day" either!

I've learned a lot there, as I do here. Great for knowledgeable riders who help others. I'm trying to resist the urges to purchase every idea that's presented! Being new, that's hard to do.