PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear and Boots

Tbone56
08-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Any suggestions for rain gear and waterproof riding boots/shoes.

lawndart
08-21-2013, 06:44 PM
I've had good luck with the Tourmaster Defender rainsuit so far. Really haven't had to use it to much yet, but did have about a 12 hour ride in the rain with no problems. No comment on the rain boots because that was one piece I forgot to get. But the leather boots held up pretty good for most of the ride.

Steve 0080
08-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Cycle Gear and go with one piece unit...and Gators... ( boot covers )

bobbyf6b
08-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I really like my Frogg Toggs. Light weight, water proof and breathable. Got mine at Cycle Gear.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Touring/Motorcycle-Jackets/Waterproof/brand/BILT/Frogg-Toggs-Rain-Jacket/p/44026_59409_1936

I got the matching pants too. The few times I've ridden in rain so far (not for extended periods) my feet never got wet. I guess that's a bonus for having the engine blocking your feet.

Darkknight
08-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Sweetie and I just returned from Maine vacation 10 days ago. We rode in rain for 7 hrs back to CT. The last 1hr 10 min we were stuck in a traffic jam 15 minutes from home with flash flood warnings and torential rain. First Gear 2pc worked great for sweetie, Frogg toggs jacket and pants worked wonderful for me. Don't forget the rain boot covers. My feet / boots were bone dry and her unprotectectd boots took 2 days to dry. The only spots on both of us that got damp were the seat contact area.
The raingear made a fairly long drive in the rain an adventure instead of a horrible, tiresome burden. It was also my first long ride in inclement weather.
A side note... my fingerless gloves turned my hands black for 2 days from the dye in the leather. I'm looking for a solution for that. And my luggage got damp. I will cover them with a trash bag under the rain cover provided with the luggage next time.
I also found a spray cleaner / polish for the windshield and helmet visor called "Plexus". It cleans the road debris off without harming the windscreen. Also lets the rain slide off like Rain X without the harmful chemicals.

Paul B Blues
08-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Here you go, you just need one of these 1157 Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. No need to thank me either :icon_doh:

TheShow
08-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Check out a YouTube page called Revzilla. Click their playlist and they'll have a winter gear guide you can check out. Amazing video reviews of motorcycle gear. They do it for gloves boots jackets etc.