PDA

View Full Version : F6B13!!! MP3 / Kury Gran Traveler / T-Bag combo

53driver
02-29-2016, 07:07 PM
This is for "F6B13" - he asked me for detailed pictures of the luggage setup that's in my avatar.

First, the MP3 rack:
Nice & wide -very sturdy.

Then the bag:

I put the wheeled side towards the antenna. The bag will not center on the rack because of the antenna - it does hang over the rack a few inches on the port side.
I pack the "heavy stuff" in the bottom of the bag, so this keeps the CG more towards the centerline.
The Gran Traveler comes with a LOT of tie down options. I use 4 velcro bands - 2 weaved underneath through the MP3 slots to opposite corners and then 2 along the sides.

In this pic, you can see how it hangs over the aft end of the bike by about an inch - not enough to put a red flag on it.

When I need more space, I add this T-Bag I picked up for $35 at a garage sale.
The velcro bands wrap around the butt chock and I use some bungees around the passenger handles for added stability.

And here's the full monty:

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Steve

F6B13
02-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Steve

Once again thank you. As I said before I am considering this same set up and now I know it's exactly what I was looking for, thanks to your pics. Sometimes manufacturers pics do not do the trick. A big shout out to you and the many other helpful members of these boards. I have learned a lot from you all!!!

Erich

53driver
02-29-2016, 08:11 PM
Steve

Once again thank you. As I said before I am considering this same set up and now I know it's exactly what I was looking for, thanks to your pics. Sometimes manufacturers pics do not do the trick. A big shout out to you and the many other helpful members of these boards. I have learned a lot from you all!!!

Erich

My pleasure. Sorry took so long from your original PM... :icon_rolleyes: