PDA

View Full Version : 18,000 miles in 8 months February 28 , 2016

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Rode up into the NE GA mountains, into upstate SC so I could shed my helmet, and back into GA. I was riding with my HD girls....one on a street glide and one on a Road King. Beautiful day.

I met up with them at the gas station in Long Creek and there were several other HDs sitting there when I pulled up. HD guy says, "Like your quiet Honda." And he jumped on his bike and started dumping the throttle. I looked at my girls "Who ordered the douchebag?"

The pix are at Broken Bridge fishing pier on Lake Hartwell. That's the state line between SC and GA and generally where I replace my helmet. :)

18,000 amazing miles. I couldn't be happier.

Teach

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Oh and neither of my girls would take their HD on the bridge for a picture. They both said they wouldn't be able to get them turned around.

stroguy
03-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Nice. My 1 year anniversary is soon. I am humpin to make it over the 10K mark.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Nice opening ceremony teach !!!! or was Van Halen playing at just the right time.

Fla_rider
03-01-2016, 10:08 AM
1st of April is my second anniversary. I'm currently close to 25k so time for a oil change and air filter.

jkelley
03-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Always a jack ass or two in every crowd. You did well.

Rode up into the NE GA mountains, into upstate SC so I could shed my helmet, and back into GA. I was riding with my HD girls....one on a street glide and one on a Road King. Beautiful day.

I met up with them at the gas station in Long Creek and there were several other HDs sitting there when I pulled up. HD guy says, "Like your quiet Honda." And he jumped on his bike and started dumping the throttle. I looked at my girls "Who ordered the douchebag?"

The pix are at Broken Bridge fishing pier on Lake Hartwell. That's the state line between SC and GA and generally where I replace my helmet. :)

Teach

wjduke
03-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Why does noise equal power or enjoyment? That's probably the best reason why I would never consider a Harley. Don't need to be "one of them". Awesome riding and photo's otherwise!

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Nice opening ceremony teach !!!! or was Van Halen playing at just the right time.

Runnin with the devil was on when I left. :)))))))))

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Why does noise equal power or enjoyment? That's probably the best reason why I would never consider a Harley. Don't need to be "one of them". Awesome riding and photo's otherwise!

I swear when I see someone on an HD, I automatically deduct IQ points.

When I took my friend's street glide to Kentucky this summer, I made sure to goose her in the tunnels, though. Lol Made the most of that experience. :)

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Nice. My 1 year anniversary is soon. I am humpin to make it over the 10K mark.

I just can't NOT ride. I freakin love it. Every second on Sweet Georgia has been magical. I don't think I've ever, not once, taken the straight route from A to B. And god help me if I'm almost home and stop and fill up.

114th COBRA
03-01-2016, 01:29 PM
YOU'RE ROLLIN' AND ENJOYING IT LADY. 'gw-smiley'

JGF6B
03-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Try doing 3 miles in 3 months. Crumby winter. Must move south.

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Try doing 3 miles in 3 months. Crumby winter. Must move south.

No. No. I can't imagine. I'm walking across Spain next summer and I'm already experiencing separation anxiety.

And we welcome another Damn Yankee to the South. :)

wjduke
03-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Maybe because mine is brand new, but I have over 2,100 since November. Granted, Hudson see's more snow than us. It's been a decent one down this way.

willtill
03-01-2016, 03:45 PM
I for one, am embarrassed about my accumulated mileage so far. All work and no play makes jack (me) an unhappy non-riding fellow.

The weather wasn't helping either lately... :icon_frown:

I'll have to put some duct tape over the spot where my mileage can be viewed; before I go to Russelville this autumn. :shhh:

wjduke
03-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Unless we have a real bad summer, I'll be in the teens by rally time.

3Chief
03-01-2016, 06:26 PM
I'm at around 2100 since I got me B in November...between the never ending project and the accompanying OT I've gotten one honest ride in since then. I can't wait to go home and loop the Hood Canal or the Olympic Peninsula. Leavenworth for lunch sounds good...:icon_wink:

Cool Hand Luke
03-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I just can't NOT ride. I freakin love it. Every second on Sweet Georgia has been magical. I don't think I've ever, not once, taken the straight route from A to B. And god help me if I'm almost home and stop and fill up.

Nice going! Your location is nice, 70-80 miles from Highlands NC, plenty of fun roads not far from you. I ride that way when I can as well, I'm just a bit more east from you, about 110 miles. I'm glad you're enjoying your bike!

hardtail
03-01-2016, 07:37 PM
You're our hero!! Got to run about 150 miles today though. 65 degrees and dry. First time in weeks.

jm21ddd15
03-01-2016, 08:31 PM
:yes: Great riding all those miles! I can only wish. March 1st brought me 5" of snow, on top of ice. Just followed a snowplow- large dump truck, covering the road with a thick layer of salt. I won't be riding for weeks. Ride some miles for me!

53driver
03-01-2016, 09:56 PM
I swear when I see someone on an HD, I automatically deduct IQ points.

Okay, that's it....I'm riding the Harley to the Rally!

Edit:
- Yes, I'll start now...
- Yes, I have AAA for Harleys...
- No, I will not be trailering her...
- Yes, I will wear my HOG leather vest...even though it will clash with my full face helmet...
- Yes, it will be the noisiest bike in the lot...
- No, Phantom did not approve this...

carpdm
03-01-2016, 11:10 PM
I swear when I see someone on an HD, I automatically deduct IQ points.)

Teach, Love your passion for riding.

Now....Ouch! After today, I may need to go back to school. :).

I'm in AZ this week, taken a break from the MN winter. Didn't have any thing scheduled for today so rented a Harley Road King. Great bike! Beautiful day to ride in the high desert. I'll post a few pics when I can.

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Nice going! Your location is nice, 70-80 miles from Highlands NC, plenty of fun roads not far from you. I ride that way when I can as well, I'm just a bit more east from you, about 110 miles. I'm glad you're enjoying your bike!

Yes! I've been riding the mountains a lot since I hooked up with Sweet Georgia! I go through Highlands frequently. One of my HD Bffs is up in Sylva.

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Teach, Love your passion for riding.

Now....Ouch! After today, I may need to go back to school. :).

I'm in AZ this week, taken a break from the MN winter. Didn't have any thing scheduled for today so rented a Harley Road King. Great bike! Beautiful day to ride in the high desert. I'll post a few pics when I can.

A couple of years ago I flew out to Phoenix with a friend and rented bikes to ride up to the Grand Canyon. We rented HDs and rode over 1000 miles in two days. We had a blast, but there's no comparison to the POS HDs and the F6B.

Can't wait to see your pix! What a great time to ride in AZ.

GaTeach
03-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Okay, that's it....I'm riding the Harley to the Rally!

If your map is big enough, IQ doesn't really matter

carpdm
03-01-2016, 11:37 PM
A couple of years ago I flew out to Phoenix with a friend and rented bikes to ride up to the Grand Canyon. We rented HDs and rode over 1000 miles in two days. We had a blast, but there's no comparison to the POS HDs and the F6B.

Can't wait to see your pix! What a great time to ride in AZ.

In 2005 I spent 4 days riding in AZ & NV Grand Canyon, 89A, Sedona, Laughlin, Lake Havasu...

Here's a few pics from this trip

And Teach...love your beautiful smile in your pics. :)

blueverclear
03-02-2016, 07:37 AM

Hahaha well that's good to know! :icon_biggrin::icon_wink::icon_wink:

Teach, you are truly amazing! 18k miles is fantastic for sure. Im lucky to put 10k - 12k miles a year but im stuck to my desk for 4 months during tax season and my night time job is inky about 2 miles from my house so im at a disadvantage lol. I love the area you are in, so jealous lol Cant wait till September!

Grant

GaTeach
03-02-2016, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=car

And Teach...love your beautiful smile in your pics. :)[/QUOTE]

Flattery will get you everywhere....

blueverclear
03-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Yes! I've been riding the mountains a lot since I hooked up with Sweet Georgia! I go through Highlands frequently. One of my HD Bffs is up in Sylva.

I will be right up the street for Sylvia, NC in september. We will be staying at Lloyds on the River in Bryson City, NC from September 13th - 18th. Can't wait! :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

GaTeach
03-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Twelve days later.....8 1/2 months....

stroguy
03-13-2016, 07:35 PM

I just saw this....hahahahahahaha. Man some chicks just have a thing for maps.

shooter
03-13-2016, 09:43 PM
I think she punched 53's go button. Its OK if he brings that HD. We will just have to go slow on the day rides.

stroguy
03-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Can't he be in the rear and we will wait for him at the catfish shak?

shooter
03-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Stro , think about it. Approx 80 bikes. 53 in the rear. Me , you , Duke and some other old fat guys in the front. How much fish is gonna be left by the time 53 finds a parking spot. At that rate he'll starve to death with his dinner in his hand.

stroguy
03-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Stro , think about it. Approx 80 bikes. 53 in the rear. Me , you , Duke and some other old fat guys in the front. How much fish is gonna be left by the time 53 finds a parking spot. At that rate he'll starve to death with his dinner in his hand.

You make a valid point. But me loves them whisker fish.

shooter
03-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Me too brother. With some good hush puppies , a nice slaw , some fried okra and some big slices of onion and pickles.

GaTeach
03-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Come see me. I'll fry you up some catfish.

shooter
03-14-2016, 09:56 PM
Teach I had a big bait of fish Saturday night. My son was in from Cincy and we have a local spot that does a great job on Catfish. They can cook it as good as I can and I've cooked a lot of fish. Dad and I had a place on Kentucky lake for 20 years. Although Crappie is my favorite Catfish runs a close second. If you guys are ever around Farmington MO try the Catfish Kettle. You won't be disappointed.

53driver
03-14-2016, 10:17 PM
I think she punched 53's go button. Its OK if he brings that HD. We will just have to go slow on the day rides.

Saorla will keep up with the masses just fine, thank you very much.
Won't be taking her on any "spirited rides" in the twisties though. She scrapes waaaay too quickly.

And yes, I'll be happy to ride in the back... Y'all won't like her noise.

And FWIW: Isleen rolled to 17,000 miles as I pulled into my driveway after the 1,347 mile trip to Bike Week.

GaTeach
03-15-2016, 06:25 AM
Saorla will keep up with the masses just fine, thank you very much.
Won't be taking her on any "spirited rides" in the twisties though. She scrapes waaaay too quickly.

And yes, I'll be happy to ride in the back... Y'all won't like her noise.

And FWIW: Isleen rolled to 17,000 miles as I pulled into my driveway after the 1,347 mile trip to Bike Week.

It must have been a different 53Driver who had parts falling off his HD at Biketoberfest.... Glad I wasn't riding behind that beast.

GaTeach
03-15-2016, 06:26 AM
Teach I had a big bait of fish Saturday night. My son was in from Cincy and we have a local spot that does a great job on Catfish. They can cook it as good as I can and I've cooked a lot of fish. Dad and I had a place on Kentucky lake for 20 years. Although Crappie is my favorite Catfish runs a close second. If you guys are ever around Farmington MO try the Catfish Kettle. You won't be disappointed.

I'm not a fan of crappie or specks. But catfish? Oh yes. There was a restaurant in Austin-Springhill-don't even know if it's still around. Best catfish ever.

53driver
03-15-2016, 09:11 AM
It must have been a different 53Driver who had parts falling off his HD at Biketoberfest.... Glad I wasn't riding behind that beast.

They didn't "fall off".....One small piece snapped, thank you very much.
It just rendered the transmission unusable. :icon_rolleyes:

shooter
03-15-2016, 09:31 AM
They didn't "fall off".....One small piece snapped, thank you very much.
It just rendered the transmission unusable. :icon_rolleyes:

This thread is getting better as it goes along.
53 is bringing the Harley to Russellville along with his AAA card.
Teach questioning 53's IQ
53 relegated to the back of the pack on day trips due to excessive noise and a safety factor because of parts falling off.
Teach is offering to cook fish for me. I'm gonna ask if I can bring my step cousin Stro along.
I love this thread.
Disclaimer: No Harleys were harmed or run over during this post.

stroguy
03-15-2016, 09:37 AM
We can keep Teach in the kitchen cooking whilst us manly dudes go riding and make our odometers pass hers. Teach, how are you at Arnold Palmer's?

shooter
03-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Teach I'll buy supper and you can go riding with us. Stro lives in the dark ages. He's never heard of Sufferage. Stro don't tell her that. She can probably kick our azz. She wears a 'do' rag.

GaTeach
03-15-2016, 09:50 AM
This thread is getting better as it goes along.
53 is bringing the Harley to Russellville along with his AAA card.
Teach questioning 53's IQ
53 relegated to the back of the pack on day trips due to excessive noise and a safety factor because of parts falling off.
Teach is offering to cook fish for me. I'm gonna ask if I can bring my step cousin Stro along.
I love this thread.
Disclaimer: No Harleys were harmed or run over during this post.

1) AAA or AARP?
2) No...I know better.
3) Excessive noise, safety factor, can't keep up.
4) Bring the whole family, but you should know that soupbeans and cornbread are my specialty. I even have some of Loretta's Mama's homemade chow chow for the beans.
5) Me too. Nice distraction for the DST blues. Dang they hit hard.

GaTeach
03-15-2016, 09:51 AM
We can keep Teach in the kitchen cooking whilst us manly dudes go riding and make our odometers pass hers. Teach, how are you at Arnold Palmer's?

I'll fix supper and still pass your ass. And I know Arnold Palmer is a golfer.....

shooter
03-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Stro I can't save you now. You done went and offended her. While I'm eating fish , beans and cornbread she's gonna give you bread , water and an azz kickin.

shooter
03-15-2016, 10:08 AM
I'll fix supper and still pass your ass. And I know Arnold Palmer is a golfer.....

I think he's talking about the drink. Stro hits the sauce pretty hard.

stroguy
03-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Stro I can't save you now. You done went and offended her. While I'm eating fish , beans and cornbread she's gonna give you bread , water and an azz kickin.

You're no help. Reminds me a the night we stole the goat from Mcready's.

shooter
03-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Well that's cause I wanted to kill it and grill it. You however had other ideas.

stroguy
03-15-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm still bent from that night.

shooter
03-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Twisted is more like it.

GaTeach
03-15-2016, 11:22 AM
I think he's talking about the drink. Stro hits the sauce pretty hard.

I had to look this up. Half sweet tea and half lemonade? Really? As a former waitress/bartender, I'm renaming this drink to the "Pain in the Ass." Which is also the same name I give half sweet tea and half unsweet. Pick one people. You have two choices, now you need three????

stroguy
03-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Only a loser would drink it with sweet tea. I take mine straight with unsweetened tea.

Thank you Mr Palmer.

GaTeach
03-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Only a loser would drink it with sweet tea. I take mine straight with unsweetened tea.

Thank you Mr Palmer.

Oh. Gotcha. Well you won't find any of that here in the Dirty South. We don't drink that nasty unsweet tea here.

Mufassa001
03-24-2016, 08:14 PM

Teach

Sounds like you love riding it as much as me, in 10 months I am at 15k, and thats with 7 weeks in the garage when I was hit in the back end at a stop light. I just can't stop riding this machine!!!

Pap
03-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Just read through this thread. Good entertainment!
Teach, I just went down to Daytona Bike Week and Back. Heck, If I knew you made good catfish, I might have looked you up on the way by. Can't beat catfish and sweet tea!
I see we share the same taste in color too. One thing different on mine is that I put a Harley tour pack on the back of mine.
My Harley buddies here rip on me about it, but I just tell them I have the best thing both companies make. That usually quiets them down. Lol

blueverclear
03-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Oh. Gotcha. Well you won't find any of that here in the Dirty South. We don't drink that nasty unsweet tea here.

You tell them teach lol. I have a friend in Michigan who i meet up with every year in the smoky mountians and he always has something to say about my sweet tea, damn Yankee lol

GaTeach
03-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Just read through this thread. Good entertainment!
Teach, I just went down to Daytona Bike Week and Back. Heck, If I knew you made good catfish, I might have looked you up on the way by. Can't beat catfish and sweet tea!
I see we share the same taste in color too. One thing different on mine is that I put a Harley tour pack on the back of mine.
My Harley buddies here rip on me about it, but I just tell them I have the best thing both companies make. That usually quiets them down. Lol

Next time.

GaTeach
03-28-2016, 09:37 AM
You tell them teach lol. I have a friend in Michigan who i meet up with every year in the smoky mountians and he always has something to say about my sweet tea, damn Yankee lol

Bless his heart...