PDA

View Full Version : Recall....what was actually done to YOUR bike.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-03-2016, 03:06 PM
According to the recall notice 15V-700 it states...

"... have your motorcycles' secondary master cylinder and rear brake master cylinder replaced at no cost to you."

But after speaking with a few folks, only the secondary master cylinder was replaced and both front and rear systems were flushed and bled.

For those that have had the recall done, what is on your Repair Order from the dealer after the job was completed.

unsub
03-04-2016, 02:47 AM
According to the recall notice 15V-700 it states...

"... have your motorcycles' secondary master cylinder and rear brake master cylinder replaced at no cost to you."

But after speaking with a few folks, only the secondary master cylinder was replaced and both front and rear systems were flushed and bled.

For those that have had the recall done, what is on your Repair Order from the dealer after the job was completed.

I'm not sure why front and rear systems were flushed if the systems are segregated. I suppose it could be because the 24 month mark is up for Honda's recommended change out of the fluids so why not do it while it's in for service? Might as well do the clutch too if that's the case. I don't think there's a conspiracy, although I do like a good conspiracy.
By the way, Honda techs would do an inspection first and not necessarily do anything, depending on what they find.
:shrug:

wjduke
03-04-2016, 05:41 AM
I got a verbal from the dealer when I bought it. No real proof besides that. This dealer seems like most others...I already called on another issue and got no response, so I'm not going back unless I have a warranty problem.

seadog
03-04-2016, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't take my worst enemies bike to my original dealer after seeing their skill level. They were not up to the task at hand at all. They almost ruined my brand new deluxe and if I had not checked their work after they were done it would have hurt the motor being overfill with oil by almost a quart and overfilling my final drive reservoir by over an ounce. Just couldn't believe a dealer would have any employee that inept working on customers bikes. I found a new dealer that actually care about their customer equipment.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-04-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure why front and rear systems were flushed if the systems are segregated. I suppose it could be because the 24 month mark is up for Honda's recommended change out of the fluids so why not do it while it's in for service? Might as well do the clutch too if that's the case. I don't think there's a conspiracy, although I do like a good conspiracy.
By the way, Honda techs would do an inspection first and not necessarily do anything, depending on what they find.
:shrug:

I can only speak for my Bike for sure but was told by another that their front and rear was flushed.
I have a Equipment repair shop (not Motorcycles) so my local dealer and I have a very good working relationship and I spend a good amount of money there so they did both front and rear on mine (no cost to me) for me while it was in seeing the bike is two years old and was due anyway.

I am just wondering what most Dealers are doing and reporting. That's why I asked For those that have had the recall done, what is on your Repair Order from the dealer after the job was completed.

willtill
03-04-2016, 02:01 PM
I can only speak for my Bike for sure but was told by another that their front and rear was flushed.
I have a Equipment repair shop (not Motorcycles) so my local dealer and I have a very good working relationship and I spend a good amount of money there so they did both front and rear on mine (no cost to me) for me while it was in seeing the bike is two years old and was due anyway.

I am just wondering what most Dealers are doing and reporting. That's why I asked For those that have had the recall done, what is on your Repair Order from the dealer after the job was completed.

My repair order showed that they used antiifreeze for the brake fluid. I chit you not.

It was probably a typo, but the actual recall work performed was awful, and unprofessional. I won't get into that though.... :icon_deadhorse:

...I've practically written major parts of a novel about it; in past related brake recall threads. :icon_rolleyes:

Patch
03-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Secondary master cylinder replaced
Front and Rear Brakes flushed
New Brake fluid added to reservoirs and brakes bled

I'm very happy with the bike dealer here in Austin. The management and service crew really care about the customer bikes and go to extensive lengths to make sure you are satisfied with the work performed. They have a survey company that calls a day or two after each service to rate and comment on them. If they get anything other than a 10 of 10 rating, or have comments about poor workmanship, etc, the owner of the center gets contacted. If something is wrong or the customer is unhappy with the service they got, the owner calls and speaks directly about the issues, if it's an employee fault (rude, slow or playing around), part problem (faulty) or even the bike isn't cleaned before pickup, he brings the hammer down. What was a joke of a store 2 years ago has become a well oiled machine under the new owner and management, just hope it stays that way.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Secondary master cylinder replaced
Front and Rear Brakes flushed
New Brake fluid added to reservoirs and brakes bled.

Thank You Patch, just what I was after.

Anyone else care to share.
Thanks in advance

Ridlikhel
03-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Same as above. All brake fluid removed to avoid any possible corrosion/contamination, is what they told me.