PDA

View Full Version : Shady Product living up to their name

seadog
03-04-2016, 02:19 PM
I ordered from them, a touring cover for the F6B. They told me 8 to 10 days. Well that was the 21st of last month and they immediately deducted my $127.50 after I ordered the cover. I have several calls into them asking for an update on my cover. All went straight to voicemail, no call back to let me know where my cover is or whether it has shipped. Just kind of wondering if this company is on the up and up.:icon_twisted

Cool Hand Luke
03-04-2016, 02:34 PM
I ordered from them, a touring cover for the F6B. They told me 8 to 10 days. Well that was the 21st of last month and they immediately deducted my $127.50 after I ordered the cover. I have several calls into them asking for an update on my cover. All went straight to voicemail, no call back to let me know where my cover is or whether it has shipped. Just kind of wondering if this company is on the up and up.:icon_twisted:

That's too bad. I bought mine a while back and it was a good experience. I like the cover, too. Try emailing them as well, you never know. Keep us posted on their response.

In my opinion, a vendor should not charge your card until the product has shipped. And they should communicate with you in timely manner.

Injun Joe
03-04-2016, 02:42 PM
When I last talked to them a couple years ago they were a three person operation that still had real jobs so that might give some perspective.

willtill
03-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Always good to pay with a credit card. If a business gets "shady" and tries to rip you off... you can always get the charges reversed.

Chase has been very good to me; regarding that. Only have had to dispute charges maybe like 5-6 times in the past; and Chase settles those dispute(s) very quickly in my favor. :yes:

seadog
03-04-2016, 06:11 PM
I ordered from them, a touring cover for the F6B. They told me 8 to 10 days. Well that was the 21st of last month and they immediately deducted my $127.50 after I ordered the cover. I have several calls into them asking for an update on my cover. All went straight to voicemail, no call back to let me know where my cover is or whether it has shipped. Just kind of wondering if this company is on the up and up.:icon_twisted

UPDATE:Finally talked to them today and he said mine took longer as he was making sure it would fit the bagger shield and had to track one down to get the cover correctly fit and it will be in the mail tomorrow to get delivered.:clap2:

Willl
03-04-2016, 06:20 PM
UPDATE:Finally talked to them today and he said mine took longer as he was making sure it would fit the bagger shield and had to track one down to get the cover correctly fit and it will be in the mail tomorrow to get delivered.:clap2:

Good Deal :icon_cool:

Pictures Please when you get a chance

stroguy
03-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Don't forget it fits with the handle bars cocked fully left in the lock position. Your choice to lock them or not, they just go all the way left.The pocket on the throttle side goes over the throttle/brake and not the mirror.

vstar09
03-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Glad to hear that...was just getting ready to order one for mine...!

seadog
03-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Don't forget it fits with the handle bars cocked fully left in the lock position. Your choice to lock them or not, they just go all the way left.The pocket on the throttle side goes over the throttle/brake and not the mirror.

The new one covers both mirrors, he described how to put the cover on when I was on the phone. The new cover gets put on, left mirror first because the right mirror pocket not only covers the mirror but the throttle/brake too. They have made the right pocket larger for this purpose.

stroguy
03-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Oh wow. Please send us pics. I want to see the new design. That explains the delay. You'll be very happy.

Steve 0080
03-05-2016, 08:42 AM
The new one covers both mirrors, he described how to put the cover on when I was on the phone. The new cover gets put on, left mirror first because the right mirror pocket not only covers the mirror but the throttle/brake too. They have made the right pocket larger for this purpose.

It seems like you had a stock unit customized and then complained about the time frame .....Although this is the computer age unfortunately businesses cannot ship shit thru your copy/scan machine...JMHO but you seem to have more drama than most....

seadog
03-05-2016, 01:27 PM
[/COLOR]

It seems like you had a stock unit customized and then complained about the time frame .....Although this is the computer age unfortunately businesses cannot ship shit thru your copy/scan machine...JMHO but you seem to have more drama than most....

If he knew that he didn't have a design for my particular setup then he shouldn't have given me a time frame. I was also upset that they had immediately pulled the money for the cover instead of when it was shipped a practice I find distasteful. Maybe I am not a trusting person because of past shady practices I have been burnt by over the years. I have always been a man of my word, if I tell you I will do something you can take it to the bank! I may expect too much of other people just because of the way I do things. 'all/right'

seadog
03-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I got the new overnight cover for my F6B Deluxe with the 19 inch bagger shield on it. The cover fits well and have 4 hold downs per side, the cover is tight and it would take a very nasty wind to get it off the bike.1957919580195811958219583
The biggest problem I found was pay very close attention when you unfold it from the storage bag. I did and I will still have to practice pulling it out and refolding it several times to get it back in the bag correctly. That was the hardest part of putting it on and putting it away.

stroguy
03-12-2016, 01:35 PM
The front looks worse than Donald Trumps hairdo. Have you sent that picture to SP? They should take up that slack as they did with mine.

shooter
03-12-2016, 02:12 PM
[/COLOR]

Shady set the time limit , not Seadog. Dog based his reaction on what he was told. Us it too much to expect people to live up to their word? Dog was just telling it like it is. JMHO but it seemed like a shyt comment to me. I don't think that Seadog deserved that.

Willl
03-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures seadog and Stro :clap2:

seadog
03-13-2016, 06:23 AM
The front looks worse than Donald Trumps hairdo. Have you sent that picture to SP? They should take up that slack as they did with mine.

Yes I agree, seems they had trouble adapting to fitment over the bagger shield but that is with the bagger shield full deployed to 19 inches and I thought when I looked at how they stitched it that it would fit a bit better with the top part of the shield in the lower position of 11 inches. It would probably look more like your picture if I invert the top piece! Which doesn't take but a few minutes to accomplish. Stro do you have as much trouble getting it back in the dam bag as I am having. I pulled it out and put it away at least 6 times now trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. But it still doesn't wrap up and look like it did when I pulled it out of the shipping box the first time. Frustrating is the word I am looking for I think.

stroguy
03-13-2016, 08:02 AM
I only wrap my cover tight if storage is at a premium. I don't think you will want to put it back in the bag if it has morning dew on it. Recipe for mold and mildew. I loosely bundle mine and throw it in the saddlebag. Easy way to get it in the pouch is to use the pouch as the guide. Start folding from the pouch cutting the cover in halves to the front and then wrap the pouch over the cover. Seems to be easy for me. It's also easier on a flat surface.

seadog
03-13-2016, 09:05 AM
I only wrap my cover tight if storage is at a premium. I don't think you will want to put it back in the bag if it has morning dew on it. Recipe for mold and mildew. I loosely bundle mine and throw it in the saddlebag. Easy way to get it in the pouch is to use the pouch as the guide. Start folding from the pouch cutting the cover in halves to the front and then wrap the pouch over the cover. Seems to be easy for me. It's also easier on a flat surface.

I will try that and see if I have just been folding from the wrong end. I agree on the moisture and not wrapping it back up when wet that would just be an error in judgement.

Injun Joe
03-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Shady set the time limit , not Seadog. Dog based his reaction on what he was told. Us it too much to expect people to live up to their word? Dog was just telling it like it is. JMHO but it seemed like a shyt comment to me. I don't think that Seadog deserved that.

When you lead by inferring a company is shady, the gloves are off in my book.

CPTAwesome
03-13-2016, 03:59 PM
[/COLOR]

Sounds like someone was having a bad day. This sort of a response from a moderator no less serves no one and no purpose. Hope things are better for you today.

shooter
03-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Great minds think alike. Glad to have you aboard.