PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Bike Week updates...

53driver
03-08-2016, 07:16 AM
I'm going to try and make this thread the definitive place for us forumites to coordinate ourselves and report back to the group.

So far:
- Pap, his wife, and I met up at Pirana Grille where we got to chat and break bread and shrimp for an hour or so.
He mounted a Harley tour pack on his F6B which the Mrs really likes and it looks sharp.

- My F6B got the full LED treatment from SoCal lighting.

- I have seen two other fast black F6Bs, while Pap has seen two other not-quite-as-fast red ones. There are at least 4 other potential forumites out there!

- we have a text group setup to coordinate impromptu gatherings. PM me your number to be included.

- Steve 0080 has deemed that Saturday at 1830 everyone shall rendezvous at BJs between the track and the 95 on Speedway Blvd.

For any questions, comments, ideas, etc. for public gatherings and meet ups, please use this thread.

Cheers,
Steve

53driver
03-08-2016, 03:43 PM
So, I'm North of Flagler on the A1A, and I pull off into a very ritzy golfing community on a beach.. I'm just riding and I find a beach public access parking area. So, I park, and walk to the beach. There are no other bikes in this lot. I check out the sights happygirl and return to my bike.
As I'm ready to leave, two riders pull in. One pulls in right next to me and asks me how I like my F6B. Turns out it's "Bob from Michigan." How random???
We had a nice chat.

All too cool.
Cheers,
Steve

Old Ryder
03-08-2016, 07:26 PM
I was only at the speedway 6 hours and at Destination Daytona for 4 hours and counted 7 B's. I was there 3 full days last year and saw 2. Word is getting out.

stroguy
03-08-2016, 07:31 PM
This forum has screwed us, now everybody wants one.

willtill
03-08-2016, 07:36 PM

Chit :icon_wink:

Cool Hand Luke
03-08-2016, 09:33 PM
So, I'm North of Flagler on the A1A, and I pull off into a very ritzy golfing community on a beach.. I'm just riding and I find a beach public access parking area. So, I park, and walk to the beach. There are no other bikes in this lot. I check out the sights happygirl and return to my bike.
As I'm ready to leave, two riders pull in. One pulls in right next to me and asks me how I like my F6B. Turns out it's "Bob from Michigan." How random???
We had a nice chat.

All too cool.
Cheers,
Steve

You were probably at Palm Coast, Cinnamon Beach, Hammond Dunes development. It's a beautiful area. Me and my friends stayed there several times during Bikeweek. They have really nice 3 bedroom condos for rent with covered parking. I asked them if they allow bikes in as it is gated area (here in SC a lot of gated developments don't allow bikes), and the guy said "that depends. Are you riding in or trailering?" It turns out you can ride in but not trailer them due to trailers taking too many parking spaces! So, no trailer queens allowed!

53driver
03-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Checked with Google Maps...seems I was at the Hammock Beach Resort. I was going to turn around in the Publix parking lot there.

shooter
03-09-2016, 10:45 AM

There are plenty to go around. Don't be so 'Hoggish'. When the 'bike apocalypse' comes and the Harleys all die , you'll need someone to ride with.

Cool Hand Luke
03-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Checked with Google Maps...seems I was at the Hammock Beach Resort. I was going to turn around in the Publix parking lot there.

Yeah, my favorite area.

If you like seafood, nearby is JT's Seafood Shack, excellent restaurant:

http://m.mainstreethub.com/jtseafoodshack

Also, there is a place called European Village, right on the other side of Palm Coast Bridge from A1A.

http://european-village.com/

There are several restaurants and shops there, live music in the evening and huge projection screens with usually football games. My favorite there is Mezzaluna Pizzeria. :clap2:

53driver
03-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Isleen got her bath today....

And for my friend Shooter: these girls were real!

shooter
03-09-2016, 03:21 PM
You're alright 53. I like the redhead.

ths61
03-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Platinum packing, Redhead and Smurf.

53driver
03-09-2016, 03:39 PM
You're alright 53. I like the redhead.

That's Miss Karin. She's been doing this gig for three years that I know of.
We exchange hugs and pleasentries whenever I get a bike to her.

stroguy
03-09-2016, 10:23 PM
I hope blndie didn't pay for that tattoo. Either the ink master was blind or drunk.

Thanks for the pic Steve. Karin is looking good, great tan.

GaTeach
03-10-2016, 11:10 AM
I'm soooooooooo jealous

stepbill
03-10-2016, 02:31 PM
I'm soooooooooo jealous

You too can get a tattoo of a gun on your back :yikes::stirthepot: .

stepbill
03-10-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm going to try and make this thread the definitive place for us forumites to coordinate ourselves and report back to the group.

So far:
- Pap, his wife, and I met up at Pirana Grille where we got to chat and break bread and shrimp for an hour or so.
He mounted a Harley tour pack on his F6B which the Mrs really likes and it looks sharp.

- I have seen two other fast black F6Bs, while Pap has seen two other not-quite-as-fast red ones. There are at least 4 other potential forumites out there!

- we have a text group setup to coordinate impromptu gatherings. PM me your number to be included.

- Steve 0080 has deemed that Saturday at 1830 everyone shall rendezvous at BJs between the track and the 95 on Speedway Blvd.

For any questions, comments, ideas, etc. for public gatherings and meet ups, please use this thread.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve, did you get just the led brake and turn signals or did you also get the led headlights and if so, how do you like them?

Hornblower
03-10-2016, 03:09 PM

How do you know she doesn't already have one? :yikes:

Willl
03-10-2016, 03:12 PM

How do you know she doesn't already have one? :yikes:

'surrender2'

:icon_laugh:

BobinMich
03-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Yes, it was great meeting and talking with 53driver. Discussed some of the great accessories available for the F6B. And he was RIGHT....beautiful beach up in Palm Coast. I have seen countless F6Bs so far in Daytona. Was at the racetrack today, at the Honda plaza, there was an F6B, and (2) Dressed gold wings....I observed for nearly half an hour and seen at least 25 people stop, read, play with the F6b and only 1 person check out the full wing! I was pretty surprised. That tells me the F6B is going to start selling and ours should be holding pretty good value in the near future. Bob

Airborne06
03-10-2016, 06:05 PM

So far:

Cheers,
Steve

I was there last Friday. I got the SoCal LED low beam headlights, and led running/turn signal lights in the mirror pods. I also bought and had installed the Mustang seat. It wasn't very crowded at all, but it was the first morning of the first day.
I wish I would have done the Helibars too...but I will wait and have them done locally.

53driver
03-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Steve, did you get just the led brake and turn signals or did you also get the led headlights and if so, how do you like them?

I am completely SoCal LED light equipped. Lows, highs, switchback turn signals, the SoCal fog lights with integrated turn signals, and the LED taillights.

The headlamps are nothing short of amazing. I think I'd have to be doing 125mph to over drive that beam. The highs illuminate all overhanging foliage!
They are worth every penny.