PDA

View Full Version : newbie with iPod question

busflyer
03-09-2016, 02:05 PM
I've just purchased a 2016 F6B on Monday (3/7). I've read the book and reviewed some of the threads on this board, but neither seems to answer the problem I am having with connecting my iPod.

I plug in the cord, the iPod starts to charge. I push the "AUX" button twice to get iPod to display on the info screen.
I push the "Mode" button to get to the iPod menu and nothing for the iPod shows up -- just the normal "Mode" button stuff (bass, treble, etc). after about a minute the info screen changes to "CHECK USB."

Per the manual, I have diconnected and connected the iPod several times. I am now at a loss of what to do.

Indications on the iPod show that it is accepting a charge from the bike and when I manually start the music from the iPod itself the music runs but no sound through the speakers. When I disconnect the iPod, the music stops like it is supposed to.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaine

Sorcerer
03-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Do you have the system set on speaker or head set?

wjduke
03-09-2016, 02:54 PM
This doesn't help but, I had a similar problem with my iphone...was told it works like an ipod, but I ended up with a flash drive. Couldn't get sound from the iphone to come over the speakers from the USB port. It only worked from the left cubby. I installed a 12V/USB port in the left cubby as a backup. I feel your pain.

Hornblower
03-09-2016, 03:05 PM
IIRC, only certain ipods are compatible. You might want to check into that.

53driver
03-09-2016, 03:16 PM
What model iPod are you using?

DaWadd
03-09-2016, 05:04 PM
:yes:

Old Ryder
03-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Did you check the mute button??? My old IPhone and iPod would work but only shows numbers and folders

MisterB
03-09-2016, 06:42 PM
I went to great lengths to get my iPhone 6+ to play through USB with no luck.
Tried different cords, boosting the current on the USB, different adapters to the head unit. No luck.
Old 30 pin works but for the effort I just use a flash drive.
I would rather use flash drive than 1/8" input because I like to be able to use the handlebar controls to skip around.

busflyer
03-09-2016, 07:17 PM

I am using the speakers and the mute button is off on both the bike and the iPod.

I'm not sure of the model iPod I'm using. I'm out of town and will check on Sunday when I get back home.

Being a complete and total failure with computers -- how would one go about transferring music from a MacBook to a usb drive. I know how to do the drag and drop. I was wondering if there was a need to reformat the music coming from iTunes.

Thanks again,

Blaine.

willtill
03-09-2016, 07:43 PM
I've just purchased a 2016 F6B on Monday (3/7). I've read the book and reviewed some of the threads on this board, but neither seems to answer the problem I am having with connecting my iPod.

I plug in the cord, the iPod starts to charge. I push the "AUX" button twice to get iPod to display on the info screen.
I push the "Mode" button to get to the iPod menu and nothing for the iPod shows up -- just the normal "Mode" button stuff (bass, treble, etc). after about a minute the info screen changes to "CHECK USB."

Per the manual, I have diconnected and connected the iPod several times. I am now at a loss of what to do.

Indications on the iPod show that it is accepting a charge from the bike and when I manually start the music from the iPod itself the music runs but no sound through the speakers. When I disconnect the iPod, the music stops like it is supposed to.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaine

Plug your Ipod in the left saddlebag connector (not the auxiliary in the left side cubbyhole if that is what you are doing). I couldn't get my iPod to work on auxiliary until I discovered the left saddlebag connection

SoCal Rich
03-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Don't give up! The functionality with iPod is awesome.

Injun Joe
03-10-2016, 06:31 AM
Check the OS version number on your iPod. If it's too new, it won't work. (Dumb -- I know.) I think iOS 6x are the newest that work. Unfortunately, you can't back date Apple iOS. What I did was buy an old Mini from a pawn shop. No more than I use the sound system, it works fine.

To answer your other question, if you buy music though iTunes, the files will need to be converted from AAC to MP3 format to work from a usb drive. Also, there is a certain way the folders should be set up for optimum functionality. That info is around here somewhere if you poke around.

Ericb445
03-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Try and do a hard reset on your iPod.
If its a iPod touch or iPhone just hold the Home and power button at the same.

busflyer
03-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Got home and borrowed my grandkid's iPod. It works great. Guess who's getting the new iPod touch and who gets the old one :banghead:. Ain't technology great! Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Blaine.