PDA

View Full Version : Took Delivery Today

Delta
03-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Had the chance to pick my new 2014 Pearl Yellow F6B up today. Who would have believed temps in the 70s in New Hampshire on March 9th. Overall I'm very impressed with my new ride. I sold my 2011 CVO Ultra last year and really felt lost without a bike. Handling and manners in the turns are totally different. The F6 is on rails. Tracks beautifully. The F6 has a so much smoother delivery. It's nice to ride without all the noise. Added 4 clicks to the rear shock and that seems about right for my butt. Don't like the clutch and brake levers, too skinny. I was kind of surprised to feel engine heat, at least it won't be as bad as the air cooled v-twins. The front fairing does a good job of blocking a lot of air hitting the driver, I'm not used to that. Tranny shifts good, only missed one shift. Not bad for someone who has used floor boards and heal & tow shifter for over 15 years. The paint quality seems to be good. I definitely need a backrest and highway pegs. The mirrors are incredible as I kept seeing black, red, and gray dots that never seemed to get any bigger until I pulled into a gas station. Turns out the dots were more F6s. So I guess Pearl Yellow must in fact be the fastest color.

All in all, this bike is a keeper and seems to be Hondas best kept secret. The only problem I'm having is I can't get it up on the center stand. I'll try wood under the back tire tomorrow.

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Congratulations.!!

Post a Pic before the " is this for real police" frisk you..

The center stand takes a bit of practice.

Good on ya and Welcome.

carpdm
03-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Just want to welcome another Pearl Yellow to the fold.

stroguy
03-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Sweet deal. Let's see her.

wjduke
03-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Had the chance to pick my new 2014 Pearl Yellow F6B up today. Who would have believed temps in the 70s in New Hampshire on March 9th. Overall I'm very impressed with my new ride. I sold my 2011 CVO Ultra last year and really felt lost without a bike. Handling and manners in the turns are totally different. The F6 is on rails. Tracks beautifully. The F6 has a so much smoother delivery. It's nice to ride without all the noise. Added 4 clicks to the rear shock and that seems about right for my butt. Don't like the clutch and brake levers, too skinny. I was kind of surprised to feel engine heat, at least it won't be as bad as the air cooled v-twins. The front fairing does a good job of blocking a lot of air hitting the driver, I'm not used to that. Tranny shifts good, only missed one shift. Not bad for someone who has used floor boards and heal & tow shifter for over 15 years. The paint quality seems to be good. I definitely need a backrest and highway pegs. The mirrors are incredible as I kept seeing black, red, and gray dots that never seemed to get any bigger until I pulled into a gas station. Turns out the dots were more F6s. So I guess Pearl Yellow must in fact be the fastest color.

All in all, this bike is a keeper and seems to be Hondas best kept secret. The only problem I'm having is I can't get it up on the center stand. I'll try wood under the back tire tomorrow.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm down the road a bit from you. I too love how it's on rails. I noticed that right away. I'm curious about engine heat now that you mention it. I rode tonight after work. Not a great distance, about 75 miles total. When I got back, the temp was 51. I let the bike idle a few minutes as it was dark and I wanted to wipe it down a little. I was shocked that the fans came on. If they come on at a 5 minute idle in the 50's, what are the 80's going to bring? I know.....more riding!

Delta
03-09-2016, 10:15 PM
.... I let the bike idle a few minutes as it was dark and I wanted to wipe it down a little. I was shocked that the fans came on. If they come on at a 5 minute idle in the 50's, what are the 80's going to bring? I know.....more riding!

I was kind of surprised to hear the fans as well. That's a good thing though. I'd rather hear fans then feel scalding heat. Harleys in traffic jams in the summer = no fun. Of course if you spend any time on Rt 6 heading towards P Town you'll get used to hearing those fans.

wjduke
03-10-2016, 05:25 AM
I was kind of surprised to hear the fans as well. That's a good thing though. I'd rather hear fans then feel scalding heat. Harleys in traffic jams in the summer = no fun. Of course if you spend any time on Rt 6 heading towards P Town you'll get used to hearing those fans.

This is my first summer with this bike. Made that trip plenty of times on my previous. My son lives in Hyannis.

Fla_rider
03-10-2016, 07:39 AM
'welcome gang' from Tampa Florida!

:postpics:

Oh he did not go there with which color is the fastest on his first post! :yikes:

It's Honda their official motto is "Ride Red"!

powercruzer13
03-10-2016, 07:49 AM
It has always amazed me what HD owners are willing to put up with just to say they own a Harley. I thought motorcycles were all about the ride. I guess not everybody thinks like I do. :shock:

Anyhow, welcome to the tribe. Enjoy the finest cruiser/tourer ever made! I know we have!

Nightwing_67
03-10-2016, 09:33 AM
'welcome gang' from Tampa Florida!

:postpics:

Oh he did not go there with which color is the fastest on his first post! :yikes:

It's Honda their official motto is "Ride Red"!

I can't believe he went there either...He was to busy looking at them in the mirror, that he never notice the ghost BREEEeeeze by him!19525
LOL,,,"fireybat""fireybat""fireybat":shhh::icon_laugh:

Congratulations and welcome to the F6B world.

choptop
03-10-2016, 10:07 AM
'welcome gang' from small town Wi.

Delta
03-10-2016, 04:40 PM
I can't believe he went there either...He was to busy looking at them in the mirror, that he never notice the ghost BREEEeeeze by him!
LOL,,,"fireybat""fireybat""fireybat":shhh::icon_laugh:

Congratulations and welcome to the F6B world.

Ya got me. So that's what that gust of wind was that I felt! I am humbled by the ghost. Guess I stepped in it a little bit there :icon_wink:

unsub
03-10-2016, 09:20 PM
I was shocked that the fans came on. If they come on at a 5 minute idle in the 50's, what are the 80's going to bring? I know.....more riding!

Doing what they're intended to do!:yes:

Nightwing_67
03-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Ya got me. So that's what that gust of wind was that I felt! I am humbled by the ghost. Guess I stepped in it a little bit there :icon_wink:

All in fun Delta, all in fun...lol...
Congratulation! Be safe and keep the rubber side down.:039:

Delta
03-11-2016, 05:55 PM
As requested.

19559 19560

Nightwing_67
03-11-2016, 06:02 PM
As requested.

19559 19560

BAD ASS!!! 19561

Delta
03-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Nice graphic. That would make a nice decal for the bike.

stevenolts
03-12-2016, 08:19 AM
The fact that this bike does not have the heat like my old Harley Davidson Fatboy is a fantastic plus. It is just another feature that along with all the other great features of this bike will ease your pain of not having a Harley. Everything about this bike is better than the Harley but I still would not mind having a Harley to ride around the neighborhood.

How hard were you thrashing it to get the heat? Mine only really has the heat for a minute or two after I have been ripping as fast as I can through the gears all the way to the red line for a few minutes. It then cools down quickly!! You will love this bike.
Steve