PDA

View Full Version : Sensor help....someone have a service manual?

Patch
03-10-2016, 10:38 PM
I've been installing a blackbox system and the mount for my GPS. In doing so I pretty much pulled all of the plastics from the front end, cleaned out an amazing amount of dead bees from behind the headlights and in putting it all back together, I have a situation I'm trying to resolve.

In the photo below is a 2 wire connector that looks like it runs down to some kind of air temp sensor mounted in the lower right front plastics with about a 15inch long wireset. I don't recall unplugging anything on this side and I don't see anything this would plug in to. Can someone provide me a clue on this?

I have a manual on order but they cannot provide a delivery date as to when I can expect it.

bob109
03-10-2016, 10:50 PM
I've been installing a blackbox system and the mount for my GPS. In doing so I pretty much pulled all of the plastics from the front end, cleaned out an amazing amount of dead bees from behind the headlights and in putting it all back together, I have a situation I'm trying to resolve.

In the photo below is a 2 wire connector that looks like it runs down to some kind of air temp sensor mounted in the lower right front plastics with about a 15inch long wireset. I don't recall unplugging anything on this side and I don't see anything this would plug in to. Can someone provide me a clue on this?

I have a manual on order but they cannot provide a delivery date as to when I can expect it.

Heated Hand Grips:shhh:

Patch
03-10-2016, 10:58 PM
I have heated handgrips...that connection is accounted for and working just fine.

Hornblower
03-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Patch--Is it not the air temp sensor (outside air temp probe)?

Chas
03-11-2016, 10:28 AM

Food for thought, the wiring harness in the F6B is the same as the standard Goldwing. But not all plugs are used. This might be a connection for something on an Aspencade and not on an F6B. Just a thought.

Spanky
03-11-2016, 10:35 AM

it's attached to the shelter cubby if i remember

Patch
03-11-2016, 10:39 AM

That's what it looks like to me. It's certainly what the part ID looks like in the online parts drawings at Babbitts. My problem is, I can't seem to find the lead it connects to in the wiring harness. Unfortunately, those same drawings don't detail what the wiring harness looks like or what the connection looks like. I was hoping the service manual might have a better image or at least reference a plug size for it. I may have to take the whole front clip off at this point. I've never had a wiring harness confuzzle me like this.

98valk
03-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Well, I had a little tinkering to do in the right side. So I took it apart and took a picture of mine. Mine does not look like yours??

My plastic does not look the same as yours in there. So I don't know squat. But here are the pics.

I checked the manual and there is a 2pin connector in that area for the open air sensor. Maybe this is how it is done on your year. Mine is a 13 deluxe.

Patch
03-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Well, I had a little tinkering to do in the right side. So I took it apart and took a picture of mine. Mine does not look like yours??

My plastic does not look the same as yours in there. So I don't know squat. But here are the pics.

I checked the manual and there is a 2pin connector in that area for the open air sensor. Maybe this is how it is done on your year. Mine is a 13 deluxe.

Hey there 98valk, yeah, your's looks exactly like mine...same bike...13 deluxe. In my shot, I actually had the fairing moved away from the radiator on that side, which is probably why it looks different. I ended up tearing the entire front end off the bike looking for the elusive connector in the harness this goes to. I found it camouflaged on a black wrapped wire set that had an odd bulky wrap around it. The plug was black also and I overlooked it about 5 times and would have missed it again had the mag-light from hell not flashed a little silver connection that I caught. Now that I know it's there I can find it.

Wasted all day looking for that silly thing. The weather was horrible and Obama shut down the city today so it wasn't a total loss...at least I know how to take the front end apart now.