PDA

View Full Version : ANTI CHROME POSSE,, Roll call time!!!!

Scotrod
08-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Do ya dislike chrome, want nothing to do with it?

Maybe bought an F6B specifically because it was almost chrome free?

Ya look at chrome and just want to :banghead:

You would be a PERFECT candidate for the ANTI CHROME POSSE!!!!

Its time to join ranks and let the rest of the world know!

Sound off Soldiers!!!!

Mrf13
08-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Sign me up. I have thought about powder coating the exhaust.

goldtahoe
08-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Reporting for duty !!!!

BillyDaFinn
08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm Here!!

bobbyf6b
08-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Chrome won't get ya home.

I can handle the chrome that came on the bike but sure as hell won't be adding any. I already covered up my Kury center console with vinyl.

thunder217
08-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Reporting for duty. ANTI-CHROME. I have enought chrome on my other monster to go around, non for the F6B. Blacked out is just what the Dr. ordered. :bowdown:

av8rdave
08-22-2013, 01:45 PM
No chrome for me, thanks.

Westernbiker
08-22-2013, 01:47 PM
The chrome that is on the bike, is all that will be on the bike! :biggthumpup:

Phantom
08-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Chrome won't get ya home.

:what: now wait a minute :wrong: …... I can respect everyones opinion and everyones entitled to their own.

Bobbyf6b …. I have to disagree with the above statement :catfight:

Honda did a beautiful job with the amount of chrome that they added at the FACTORY on the Honda Rune. You need to see a Honda Rune in person with the chrome wheels. Same engine as the F6B with 6 throttle bodies and top speed of 134mph. Even Harley Owners give Honda Kudos for how the Rune was built.

My CHROME has always gotten me home :nutkick: :spank: :f2: :beer3:

bobbyf6b
08-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Is there a rattle can paint that can be used on the pipes? With good results?

What about rhino liner?

Robert
08-22-2013, 02:12 PM
When there is absolutely no chrome on your sleds then you can be anti-chrome. Until then we're just "Wanna Be's. I would like to see some pictures of some total blacked out F6B's.

Scotrod
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
When there is absolutely no chrome on your sleds then you can be anti-chrome. Until then we're just "Wanna Be's. I would like to see some pictures of some total blacked out F6B's.

Sounds like Robert has drawn a line in the sand,,, Who's gonna step up meet the challenge?!?!?!

MichaelG
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Count me in on this Posse. I hate Chrome...and not just because Steve0080 is QFC, but because it reflects radar...reflects the sun back into my eyes...shows rain spots more than paint...is the common choice of Bling Masters.

I did in fact buy this F6B because of the blacked out features of the bike.

So...present and accounted for...YO...reporting for duty...and all of the above.

bobbyf6b
08-22-2013, 02:31 PM
:what: now wait a minute :wrong: …... I can respect everyones opinion and everyones entitled to their own.

Bobbyf6b …. I have to disagree with the above statement :catfight:

Honda did a beautiful job with the amount of chrome that they added at the FACTORY on the Honda Rune. You need to see a Honda Rune in person with the chrome wheels. Same engine as the F6B with 6 throttle bodies and top speed of 134mph. Even Harley Owners give Honda Kudos for how the Rune was built.

My CHROME has always gotten me home :nutkick: :spank: :f2: :beer3:

It's what's UNDER the chrome that gets you home. I didn't say I don't like bikes with chrome. I got chromed out owning two HDs. No more chrome for me. :icon_razz:

bobbyf6b
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Every time someone told me my HD was "pretty" with the nice paint and all the chrome I wanted to throw up.

No more pretty bikes. :nono:

kjelders
08-22-2013, 02:44 PM
I went 180 degrees from the 07 Wing (all chrome)

To the Black F6BD....I did it "cold turkey" too, no step process involved

Pedro66
08-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Count me in its not that I don't like it as such but it just does not suit me

F6B-RICH
08-22-2013, 04:59 PM
I am in for sure unless you kick me out because I got black chrome Torqmasters :iduno:

Steve 0080
08-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Funny,,,,,,, Went by the local Harley shop and asked about a bezel for the Honda Volt meter...they guy walked out side and saw the F6B and almost had a cow...was very rude, anti metric...the whole nine yards.....I asked him if my money was not green enough for him...he kept trying to take the chrome bezels out of my hand we walked out with... TOLD him three times I would return them inside the store...funny seeing this type of prejudice from a sales person...when the owner gets back from the NEW Harley unveiling, I will give him a call and ask him if my money is green enough...I have known the owner for 20 years and he has taken enough of it in the past...not sure I would have an employee turn down money....but all safe...it would not fit!!!

P.S. the anti chrome is not working...the bike has chrome all over it, OEM !!!

gray rider
08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Brown's Plating in Paducah Kentucky owns part of my soul for having a history of over chroming the many bikes I built/rebuilt over the years.

The F6B is the only one of the seven bikes that I own that doesn't require hours of detailing after getting even briefly rained on. Just a spritz of S100 and a quick rinse and She's good to go. How can one argue with that?

BLACKBETTY12
08-22-2013, 08:50 PM
No CHROMEBETTY12 for me...I'm like Miles and some of the others as to liking and purchasing this bike primarily because it's BLACK!

Zoom
08-22-2013, 09:23 PM
No chrome for me. Had the black cobra pipes on it before I drove it home! Count me in the Anti Chrome Posse!,

Ebony Deluxe
08-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Sign me up, my previous HD was all blacked too. Interesting point, I looked up the color black and it's traits. http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-black.html

Positive and Negative Traits

Positive keywords include protection and comfort, strong, contained, formal, sophisticated, seductive, mysterious, endings & beginnings.

Negative keywords include aloof, depressing and pessimistic, secretive and withholding, conservative and serious, power & control, sadness and negativity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Color Black Represents

Mystery: Black is the unknown. It is secretive, keeping a lot buried inside, unwilling to show its real feelings.

Power and Control: Black is power and control of the self and others. It creates fear and intimidation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effects of the Color Black

Formal, dignified and sophisticated: As in the little black dress and the formal dinner suit.

Aloof: Black sets itself aside from others with its heavy and intense energy. It keeps others at arm's length.

Depressing: Black can close us to the positive aspects of life, forcing us to look at our disappointments and the black or negative aspects of our life. It can create a fear of the future.

Pessimistic: Too much black encourages us to look at the negative side of life.

Philbert40
08-23-2013, 01:40 AM
The chrome is disappearing every time I do any work to it. Pipes will get ceracoating this winter.

jkelley
08-23-2013, 04:57 AM
SIGN ME UP!!!!!

Coming form a CVO Road Glide that took 4 hours to clean properly every time you got it wet I want nothing to do with chrome.
If I ever buy another it will be a blacked out version.

fast eddie
08-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Im so anti chrome I sprayed a bald guys chrome dome head with Rhino liner:shhh:

Scotrod
08-23-2013, 07:42 AM

LMAO! Sounds you keep a can in the saddlebag,,, just for 'emergencies'!!!! Well Done!!! :icon_biggrin:

Coyote1998
08-24-2013, 10:06 PM
I will de chrome the Black Dragon this winter.:021:

Hambly434
08-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Made this up this morning. It is a direct replacement for the reflector above the lic. Plate
Just an idea.
Though that BLACK OPS would leave room for some people that like a little chrome but still gets the point across.

unsub
08-25-2013, 07:23 PM
As a chrome domed silver fox I feel slightly threatened by this organization. I may have to consult my local civil liberties representative.:duck:

MOODY
08-25-2013, 07:28 PM
I would pay to join that group

Retired Army
08-25-2013, 07:48 PM
How bout starting an anti soft paint posse?

MSGT-R
08-26-2013, 11:49 AM
I am in for sure unless you kick me out because I got black chrome Torqmasters :iduno:

Me too. :icon_cool:

jkelley
08-26-2013, 12:19 PM

I resemble that remark.....

bobbyf6b
08-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Got my dark windshield installed today. Baggershield 17 inch GW shield. Measures 12.5 in the lowest position. Should end up at 13.5 when I move it up. Warning if you buy this shield, it's "sort of" bolt on. The center slot needs a larger washer to cover the gap. Other than that it works just fine.

Furthering my quest to black out my ride. :bf8:

bobbyf6b
08-28-2013, 12:21 AM
I just noticed on the Baggershield website that if you buy the 17 inch GW shield and specify that it's for a F6B they will send you the extra mounting hardware free. Nice! I got mine used so no hardware.

gkrush
08-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Sold my Rune b/c tired of cleaning all the chrome. BEAUTIFUL bike...yes, pain in the ass to keep it beautiful...YES!

Here is a link to an ebay auction that shows many pics of a blacked out F6B.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-HONDA-GL1800-F6B-GOLDWING-BAGGER-MILD-CUSTOM-BRAND-NEW-WAY-BLACK-NO-FEES-/111125814587?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

4DI2D
08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
One more for the posse!

Bike b4 last was a '06 Harley Night Train. I finished what they started with powdercoat and black paint.
Didn't have to do that this time.

I gather there's a contingency out there that doesn't know that:
If it won't go . . .chrome it! :clap2:

Scotrod
08-30-2013, 08:00 AM
, I looked up the color black and it's traits.

Urban dictionary:

#1 color choice of plus-sized chunky chicks,,, removes definition and creates the illusion of a lesser size/better form.

:shock:

I've got my asbestos undies on,,, and my kevlar armor! (And I can run pretty fast, too!) :icon_biggrin:

Yeahoo Whoyah
09-01-2013, 08:05 AM
#1 color choice of plus-sized chunky chicks,,, removes definition and creates the illusion of a lesser size/better form.

The F6B is a plus-sized motorcycle, so this applies.

Hornblower
09-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Chrome only for accent and it doesn't take much.

dickiedeals
10-07-2013, 08:38 AM
How bout starting an anti soft paint posse?

Yep,I'm in on the soft paint posse. Every time I brush up against it or close the saddle bag the paint shows it. 5 coats of Liquid Glass and this still happens.

As for the chrome ,I'm with Steve. Nothing sharper than Black and Chrome. Any of you Anti-Chrome Guy have a set of Chrome Wheels laying around to fit my F6B? I'm looking for a deal. Dickie

PS. If any of you forum guys are ever in my neck of the woods. You are more than welcome here at my Home. Look me up. PM me etc. Me Casa You Casa. Dickie (Chrome or not, lol)

dickiedeals
10-07-2013, 08:43 AM
As a chrome domed silver fox I feel slightly threatened by this organization. I may have to consult my local civil liberties representative.:duck:

I resemble that remark........Dickie

DJ TONY G
10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
As they say I also want to murder mine out!!

dickiedeals
10-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Funny,,,,,,, Went by the local Harley shop and asked about a bezel for the Honda Volt meter...they guy walked out side and saw the F6B and almost had a cow...was very rude, anti metric...the whole nine yards.....I asked him if my money was not green enough for him...he kept trying to take the chrome bezels out of my hand we walked out with... TOLD him three times I would return them inside the store...funny seeing this type of prejudice from a sales person...when the owner gets back from the NEW Harley unveiling, I will give him a call and ask him if my money is green enough...I have known the owner for 20 years and he has taken enough of it in the past...not sure I would have an employee turn down money....but all safe...it would not fit!!!

P.S. the anti chrome is not working...the bike has chrome all over it, OEM !!!
Steve 0080, My HD dealer(East Orlando) Threats me the same. In fact the service guys and salesmen were asking me questions about my F6B. Said it looked sharpe. They understand why I changed over to Honda .One in fact wants to ride it when he's not on the clock. You have reminded me why I stopped doing business with the Sanford HD. Dickie

mikey
10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I used to piss off the poser crowd by NOT shining the h-d up :lolup:

Steve 0080
10-07-2013, 06:20 PM
DD…the deal with Sanford is simple…they think they are the Primadonna of all dealerships… the last time I was in there, I bought a battery for my Ultra and told them it would be the last time!!!