PDA

View Full Version : Waited a year for this--More helmet talk

Old Ryder
03-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Just got back from Daytona and I have been waiting a year to pick up this helmet. I could have bought it online, but I need to to try them on as all fit my head differently. I almost pulled the trigger last year, but I blinked and was back home before I knew it.

It is a Stealth---made by Vega and true carbon fiber. I owned FF Vegas back in the 80s. This is well made head gear with quick release rachet strap and internal sun shield of great clairity. But the selling point to be is it is only 1450 grams---or about 3 lbs---just about the same weight as my Scorpion half helmet. Also got the silver mirror visor.

taxfree4
03-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Is it more oval or round fitting, headwise?

Old Ryder
03-11-2016, 01:17 PM
More of an oval shape. It fits a lot like my Bells.

lloydmoore1
03-11-2016, 06:28 PM
That is a cool looking helmet. Does the sun shade fit with the visor? Any chance of seeing a pic of front with the 2 different visors? I love the fit of my bell and if this is the same I really like it.

Old Ryder
03-12-2016, 08:34 AM
That is a cool looking helmet. Does the sun shade fit with the visor? Any chance of seeing a pic of front with the 2 different visors? I love the fit of my bell and if this is the same I really like it.

The internal shade is very clear compared to most of the poor quality shades in other helmets. (Remember I was an Oakley guy when I wore my contacts) I have high standards when it comes to sunglasses. Hope these pictures help. Here is a link for better info.

http://www.vegahelmet.com/f117-carbon.html

lloydmoore1
03-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Thanks much appreciated

nvmyf6
03-12-2016, 03:42 PM
I am a Carbon fiber Fan as well.
A super light weight full face helmet that just looks great. 'all/right'

Although mine is a Modular

VaBob
03-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Seems like a deal for under $300. Might have to investigate this some more. Thanks for the pics.