PDA

View Full Version : Speaker grill cleaning

Jim
03-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know an easy way to clean the fine holes in the speaker grill? Tried a paint brush, but still have a whitish dirty look to them. Hope I don't have to pull the dash to clean them.

Willl
03-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Compressed air in a can?

A damp rag?

From what I have seen on the Forum, removing the grills is not difficult :yes:

Dave Ritsema
03-13-2016, 01:27 PM
I just used my leaf blower and blew it back towards the fairing. Worked fine for me.

Big Cat
03-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Compressed air...

Removing the speaker grills is possible, but us a painstaking job...and you are going to get dirt, bugs, etc. back in those speaker grills, anyway.

Blowing them out takes a few seconds and works fine!

opas ride
03-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know an easy way to clean the fine holes in the speaker grill? Tried a paint brush, but still have a whitish dirty look to them. Hope I don't have to pull the dash to clean them.
Buy a can of "Dust Off" from any electronic store or BestBuy or just about any place that sells electronic stuff and blow them out...Air pressure from the can is not harmful, works well, and comes with a plastic spray nozzle....Used it several times with no problems...

bob109
03-13-2016, 05:05 PM
I just used my leaf blower and blew it back towards the fairing. Worked fine for me.

+1.......In addition to the speaker grills, I also blow out the radiator grills:icon_wink:

53driver
03-14-2016, 09:10 PM

I use a dental tool to clear the holes, leaf blower for loose debris.
I did have saltwater corrosion on mine, pulled everything apart, sanded, and repainted.
They look sharp.
Cheers,
Steve