PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger

soberbiker
03-13-2016, 03:25 PM
A friend of mine told me about this 2013 black F6B that has 27K on the O.D. setting at a local dealer. He said he had stopped to look at it and take it for a ride on Friday. He explained to me how it was configured and it sounded like the same accessories I would add. I have been trying to get a test ride on one of these for quite a while now so I visited the dealership with him and another conspirator yesterday (Saturday) with every intention of test riding and leaving. Well that plan didn't work! I took the bike for a short ride and returned with that googley eyed wazet look. My buddies asked how I liked it and of course I said "I like it"! Then they asked, "Are ya going to buy it?"... O replied "If the price was right I would entertain the idea". That's when the fun started. The one buddy started taking trading his Hayabusa for the F6B and the other was kinda laying back to see where this all went. I told the owner of the dealership I was interested in just buying it outright and he gravitated immediately to me and said "I'm listing the bike online for $12999. I countered with, asking if he would "throw in" the 32K service. He said "Hold on, I'll be right back". returned with a number of $11,500 and no service. To make a long story a tad shorted...I finally pulled the trigger...I bought a 2013 Black F6B!

F6BLK
03-13-2016, 05:31 PM
What the hay!looks like lots of extras$$$ you'll Like the Corbin Seat!I LIKE Black!

Heavvyduty
03-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Nice, Best color lololol. But I think I would get rid of the toe/heel shifter. People have had a lot of issue with transmission using those .

Ericb445
03-13-2016, 09:48 PM
I would have avoided the bike because of the heel toe shifter.
I think Honda has voided warranties due to them.

Sorry, I didn't want to pee on your parade, I'm sure it will be fine.:cheers:

JackB
03-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Great looking bike with some really nice add-ons.
You scored.

dickiedeals
03-14-2016, 07:56 AM
I would have avoided the bike because of the heel toe shifter.
I think Honda has voided warranties due to them.

Sorry, I didn't want to pee on your parade, I'm sure it will be fine.:cheers:

Nothing wrong with heal toe. Mine had heal toe on it when I bought it new from the Dealer 7 year Warranty ...........Dickie

soberbiker
03-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I finally got to go for a ride last night and I have to say...I love this bike! I ain't worried about no stinkin' warranty :nono:...LOL. I'll take my chances with the heel toe shifter. I think it'll be fine and if it isn't then I'll have to reconsider my options. I do appreciate the heads-up though.

I am concerned about gettn' it set-up more to my likin tho. I went for about a 50 mile mini ride last night and was given the slow down by a county mounty. He pulled along side me at a light and told me to "slow it down!" I was relieved he was being nice. This bike doesn't like speed limits! All that aside, I think I'm gonna try another shield and possibly a seat. I love Corbin seats but she feels like she's on an OBGYN's table (Her words). the shield is a 11" C-Baileys now, but I still get a lot of wind on the ole' brain bucket, so somthin a bit taller would be on the agenda. Also, my wife is vertically challenged and can't reach the foot pegs, so floorboards and risers are being considered. Also...I thought I saw somewhere on here about some of the guys eliminating the grab rails? That was her first complaint. The back of her legs dig into the grab rails. Also there's a mount for a Zumo GPS, so I'm going to be needing one of those. So if anyone has any of these laying around collecting dust, I would appreciate a shout.

So I have a bit of shoppin to do, but the guy that owned it previously (Which I was put in contact with from the dealer) did most of the heavy liftin' on it already. That has saved me a bundle cause most of the things he added would have been on my shoppin list too.

Anyway, like I stated before, thanks for the great comments and hope to be keepin up with y'all on a regular basis.