PDA

View Full Version : ROADSMITH FORWARD CONTROLS vs. KURYAKYN Mini Boards with Drop Mounts

adventurous1
03-16-2016, 12:32 AM
Hey ALL;

Today, purchased the Ultimate King w/ driver and pass backrests for comfort and to provide more leg room. Next paycheck, I'll be going with either the RS frwd crtls or Kur Mini's w/ drop down - or is both to much for twisties? I'm 6'2" w/ 36" inseam. Not worried about the price difference - main concern is comfort (yes, I'll be adding Ergo iii's in the following paycheck - lol)

Purchased bike a few wks ago, and time to begin making it comfortable for long hauls. Summer arrives fairly quickly here in So Cal.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Navvet
03-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Lot of people here don't think they are worth it, but I love the Roadsmiths. With a 36+ inseam and size 14 boot, the extra room and the extra adjust-ability of the shifter/brake make them the best accessory I have added to date.

With the stock pegs, I haven't noticed any extra scraping of the pegs.

:lolup:

adventurous1
03-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Lot of people here don't think they are worth it, but I love the Roadsmiths. With a 36+ inseam and size 14 boot, the extra room and the extra adjust-ability of the shifter/brake make them the best accessory I have added to date.

With the stock pegs, I haven't noticed any extra scraping of the pegs.

:lolup:

Thx. I'm leaning toward the RS with just pegs. Do use hwy pegs as well?

Old N Grumpy
06-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Can you still run floorboards with the Roadsmith?

Navvet
06-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Highway pegs ??? I use Ergo II's

The roadsmith just moves your stock pegs down and forward. Anything you would use with/ instead of the stock pegs should mount the same.