PDA

View Full Version : Americade 2016

Bob Penn
03-16-2016, 09:12 AM
How many of you plan to attend the 2016 rally and is anyone interested in a get together?
Please include the dates you will be there and your preferred date for the meet.

info@americade.com

choptop
03-16-2016, 03:00 PM
Would love to BUT the sht kinda hit the fan when she got the mail the other day when my camping voucher from Glenco, in Sturgis showed up and ended up on the top of my stack of mail, I had to come clean about all my 1st summer of retarment plans and...:icon_doh:

DMAGOLDRDR
03-16-2016, 04:26 PM
It's only 200 mi each way for me so I go up every year, but it is my busy time at the shop so I only go up for a day.

Nightwing_67
03-16-2016, 06:03 PM
It's only 200 mi each way for me so I go up every year, but it is my busy time at the shop so I only go up for a day.
I'm hoping to go for the day...let me know what day you were planning to go. I try and watch the weather and pick a day that it may not rain.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-16-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm hoping to go for the day...let me know what day you were planning to go. I try and watch the weather and pick a day that it may not rain.

We will both be watching weather. Usually I go up on a Wed or Thurs but we will see as it gets close.

We'll stay in touch.

Pap
03-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Thinking about going.
Might be able to stay near Manchester.
No definite plans yet.

wjduke
03-17-2016, 06:59 PM
I have a friend going and was asked, but I'm putting most of my eggs in the rally basket this year. Could be a destination next season.

Nightwing_67
03-17-2016, 07:43 PM
We will both be watching weather. Usually I go up on a Wed or Thurs but we will see as it gets close.

We'll stay in touch.
Absolutely, will see if ZZ is interested.
I

ReserveBum
03-18-2016, 06:04 AM
I will be there for the week. Stay in Bolton Landing. So, open to whatever day works best for the rest

stepbill
03-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Going to Arkansas this year but am planning on going next year and camping out.

Jhox
03-18-2016, 02:46 PM
I'll be there the 6th, leaving the 9th. Staying at Fort William Henry.

zzh54
03-18-2016, 03:04 PM
I will be going up for the day, hope it will be a sunny day. It doesn't matter what day just let me know, I will plan with you guys

Bob Penn
05-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Thought I'd re-start this thread as we are getting closer to show time. As some of you may have noticed the show this year doesn't start until Tuesday the 7th. and runs through the 11th.

Our plan is to go up on Wed. and stay until Friday. My cousin, his brother-in-law, and myself have been going up and staying at the Landmark Motel about 8 miles from Lake George. It's a nice place with swimming pools and a hot tub for relaxing after hard days of shopping and riding. More important it's priced right.

Weather permitting I think the best day to meet will be Thursday but it's too early to tell yet. Where to meet would be the next topic open to discussion.

ReserveBum
05-22-2016, 08:14 AM
How about meeting at the McD in Warrensburg? Its just a couple miles north of Lake George on RT 9. Big parking lot and out of the traffic of Lake George Village? From there we have some great options for rides (28N, Rt 8, VT ferry to name just a few). Just depends on how long a ride we decide on

zzh54
05-22-2016, 04:32 PM
If it happens to be a clear day, I would be ok meeting at the McDs in Warrensburg on Thursday. Its out of the way enough not to be to crowded. Its the matter of time, I have about 3 hours to get there, I can adjust my leave time to fit.

ReserveBum
05-23-2016, 06:27 AM
If it happens to be a clear day, I would be ok meeting at the McDs in Warrensburg on Thursday. Its out of the way enough not to be to crowded. Its the matter of time, I have about 3 hours to get there, I can adjust my leave time to fit.

Ok then, late morning/lunchtime? Meet at 11?

nomercyambulance
05-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Went to Americade a few years ago and was completely blown away
by just how well done the rally was.
Had plans to try and go this year but after buying a house I had to put
my trip to New York on hold.
Hope y'all have a blast.

dig rkmc
05-31-2016, 12:40 PM
I have not been on this site for a while. Just wanted to pass along a ride my Red Knight NY chapter 3 is doing Wednesday of Americda. Welcome to everyone. Meeting at The Lake George Fiehouse and riding approx 100 miles to Saratoga Battlefiled, Cemetry, & Saratoga Monument

Arrive 9ish kick stands up 10 . Lunch is at Schuylerville FD

DMAGOLDRDR
06-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Although I plan to ride up Thursday with a couple other bikes, but I will only be able to ride up and walk the vendors, have lunch and ride back home. I have a couple things I'm looking for at the Vendor area.

I will try to meet you folks at 11:00 at the McDs in Warrensburg but just for a "hello, nice to meet you" but not make the planned ride.
200mi ride up, walking the vendor area, lunch and 200mi back is about all I can do in one day.

moosedog
06-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I will be there for the week. Stay in Bolton Landing. So, open to whatever day works best for the rest

Hey. Vondawg and I enjoyed meeting you last night in Lake George. We had a pretty wet ride home today, but these bikes make it so much better! Enjoy your week.

Moosedog

DMAGOLDRDR
06-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Although I plan to ride up Thursday with a couple other bikes, but I will only be able to ride up and walk the vendors, have lunch and ride back home. I have a couple things I'm looking for at the Vendor area.

I will try to meet you folks at 11:00 at the McDs in Warrensburg but just for a "hello, nice to meet you" but not make the planned ride.
200mi ride up, walking the vendor area, lunch and 200mi back is about all I can do in one day.

I am going to back out of trying to meet you folks in Warrensburg as the group I'm leading up to Americade is growing. Another time guys..

Nightwing_67
06-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Hey ZZ, did you decide which day you going up to Americade? it looks like decent weather for Thursday and Friday.

zzh54
06-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I am still in for Thursday around 11 at the McDs in Warrensburg. We can figure what to do when all are there, ride, vendors or whatever

Vondawg
06-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Read that snow could be in the forecasted Wed/Thurs in the lake placid area....crazy

06Blackpearl
03-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Anyone going this year?

If my bike is back together my buddies rented a house and I'll be going up with them..