PDA

View Full Version : Pdx Riders

Chas
03-17-2016, 03:14 PM
We have a Spring Opener on Sunday. Some of us will be getting wet, but riding. Isn't that why we buy raingear? Usually they have over 200 bikes show up, so I can't let us go unrepresented! Rain, shine, snow, hail, hurricane, tornado, gale, windstorm, or mechcanical failure MY RED/BLACK will represent us! We may be small, but we be riders!!!!!!:yes:

Chas
03-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Well at the last minute and with rain and hail showing out my window, I stayed home! However, PDXStriper went out and drowned! He is the only one that was crazy enough to try it. He made it back, glad he has a boat!

Chas
03-26-2016, 12:48 PM
'riding'The Portland, OR. PDX Riders have two big rides coming up. The Oregon 250 Poker Run on April 3rd and then the Oregon 500 on May 7th. Both of these runs are sponsored/hosted by the Rose City Motorcycle Club, an local AMA club for over 50 years. They put on great rides and have great dealer sponsorship.

I am hoping that most of the PDX Riders will make the 250 and maybe some the 500. Just for the curious, the 250 is a run of between 225~250 miles and the 500 is the same, but 475~500 miles. These are run rain or shine and are great, scenic rides! Each ride draws over 250 bikes annually. So you can see how popular they are. I will post after party notes following each ride.

I would like to state here that while we are small (9 riders), we have some of the best riders I have ever met! A great bunch of guys and an awesome pool of talents.

Ride safe everyone!!!!!.dickie-deals.

CopperMike
03-26-2016, 09:56 PM
Sweet! I am off the 3rd. Definitely want to make this one. Thanks for the info!

Mike

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Cool, New blood.. Welcome to the group, Mike.
Dirtstiff - Jim
St. Helens area.

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Cool, New blood.. Welcome to the group, Mike.
Dirtstiff - Jim
St. Helens area.

Found a few others on the left coast -
Copper Mike
4D12D
Go Paul
Fmdbh
Deer hunter

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zSk2Ij25HixI.kWf3zEETJJd0

53driver
03-27-2016, 11:04 AM
Found a few others on the left coast -
Copper Mike
4D12D
Go Paul
Fmdbh
Deer hunter

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zSk2Ij25HixI.kWf3zEETJJd0

"StraightWings" is in Vancouver - riding a new Valk.

Chas
03-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Sweet! I am off the 3rd. Definitely want to make this one. Thanks for the info!

Mike

Mike if you wish to send me your email and cell # on a private message ( just in case we need to talk quickly) I will put you on our group email. We don't flood the emails out, just ride or meet up info. Love to have join us. I know there is a Salem Poker Run coming up too. :039:

Chas
03-30-2016, 08:20 PM
We have a small, fun group of F6B riders that are just starting out to meet each other. We have had 2 breakfasts and some of us have met up and done 2 rides, so far. We are new and are only rule is that we don't start setting up rules. We meet up, eat, and figure out where to go. I send out info on local Poker Runs and find out when and where would be a good place to meet for chow would be for everyone.

We would like to invite you to meet up with us some time and ride along. I am sending this as a private message and if you wish to get back to me, just send me your email and I will contact you with mine. Love to have you, stay safe!

CopperMike
03-30-2016, 10:46 PM
PM sent!

Can't wait!

Chas
04-01-2016, 01:06 PM
We have added 5 more NW riders to our PDX group. About 6 of the 12 are going on 250 mile poker run. Hopefully we will get some pics and load them up here. See ya all on the flip flop!

CopperMike
04-03-2016, 05:29 PM

From lunch stop. Really great meeting you guys today! Hope to ride again soon!

Mike

Don't know why pic was so small. Will email it later.

Chas
04-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Well I just got back from our Poker Run/ ride. We had a great turnout with half of the group riding the run. Copper Mike, PDXStriper, F6BPDX, Will aka EZRider, & myself aka Chas had an awesome, scenic ride. Had some good food in Toledo and then headed north, kind of! At this point, I had gotten us off course and caused us to miss a turn. Supposed to be on Hwy 18, but I can't count and we were on Hwy 20 and too far on it to turn around. So we all headed to I-5 and then north. Dropping off our buddies at various exits for them to go home. It was fabulicious! None of us won anything because we didn't go to the end. We had come for what we wanted. Meeting new riding buddies, seeing the sights, and telling lies. All this was accomplished, so why go to the end? I want to thank you guys for the great time you gave me. It was a hoot!!!

EZ Rider will have some pics posted shortly, of our cute faces! Actually the only cute face today was Copper Mike's super wife! She made us all look good.

We have such a great group of riders, they are all absolutely Class Acts! Its my privledge to know them and I am very glad I do. 'riding'

Dirtstiff's F6B
04-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Sorry we missed you guys. Maiden install and voyage for the new trailer for Deyle and I.

Beer on me next time..

J

F6BPDX
04-03-2016, 11:19 PM
It was great meeting everyone, and what a beautiful day for riding. Looking forward to the next one.

Willl
04-04-2016, 06:07 PM
The company, the scenery, the weather could not have been better :icon_cool:

Minus a couple of wrong turns in a 250 mile maze, you did a fine job Chas, thanks for making it easy on the rest of us :clap2:200162001720018

Was a great day, thanks all :cheers:

Chas
04-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Will that is nice of you to say that, BUT, how in the hell do you miss a whole state highway????:banghead: I mean we were supposed to be on Hwy 18 and we ended up on Hwy 20. But, I agree I had a great time with a bunch of great riders. What more could we ask for, great weather, great bikes, and great friends!!!!! Also, we had the great company of Mrs. Copper Mike, that was way cool! 'welcome gang'
There will be more.:clap2:

CopperMike
04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Sometimes a wrong results in the best memories. 😇😈💩🦄

Chas
05-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I have to say the last Poker Run I was on I was a little disappointed. I have always thought the runs were also a little 'tire kicking' at each stop. Not blow in and blow out. I guess I have been wrong these 50+ years. You are supposed to just slam in and out at each stop, if your team is too slow, then you just ride off by yourself and tell no one.

My bad for not knowing the new rules. I will say, if someone doesn't like the new rules then they should not play. I will no longer play.

Adios

53driver
05-02-2016, 06:26 AM
I have to say the last Poker Run I was on I was a little disappointed. I have always thought the runs were also a little 'tire kicking' at each stop. Not blow in and blow out. I guess I have been wrong these 50+ years. You are supposed to just slam in and out at each stop, if your team is too slow, then you just ride off by yourself and tell no one.

My bad for not knowing the new rules. I will say, if someone doesn't like the new rules then they should not play. I will no longer play.

Adios

What group were you playing with? The Hayabusa sport bike team?
I wouldn't play that game either.
"They'll be time enough for countin', when the dealing's done."

Chas
05-02-2016, 10:59 AM
It wasn't the complete group. It was just one person. We had a newer person (to Poker Runs), a great leader and experienced rider, who led and then me and another. It just would have been so much better if the upset rider had just relayed their feelings and then I am sure the rest of us could have adjusted or just met up at the end, if that is what was agreed upon. I actually tried to catch up with the rider, but other riders, traffic, and stop lights tended to delay me more and more. Plus the upset rider was just moving too fast to catch. Oh well, another day and another run and all will be well. Just had to vent!

Ride safe all! 'riding'

CopperMike
05-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Can't please everyone.:moon: Wish I could of made it. Riding on a bus with 50+ pre-teens was not as fun as riding my F6B.:banghead: But I did get major points with my daughter for chaperoning her trip. :icon_mrgreen::icon_cool:

Chas
05-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Can't please everyone.:moon: Wish I could of made it. Riding on a bus with 50+ pre-teens was not as fun as riding my F6B.:banghead: But I did get major points with my daughter for chaperoning her trip. :icon_mrgreen::icon_cool:

'all/right' I am sure your daughter thinks you are even cooler than she thought you were! I know I do, all those kids and you made it both ways!!! Way to go! I wish you were on the ride too, but as you have said, there will be more, This Saturday I am doing that all day 500 miler, starting out at 0600. Usually finish about 1800. Let's try to put together some kind of putt for after that in a week or so. Depends on your schedule. Remember I can ride during the week too. ;roughrider;

Kolsch
05-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Hi
New to the area... I'm in Kelso wa. Please let me know when you guys have more rides. I would like to go!!!

Chas
05-15-2016, 04:51 PM
PM me with your email and phone #, I will add you to the mailing list. There is a Poker Run coming up in Stayton, OR. Don't know how far you would like to go to do a run. I am also trying to get a coastal run for just the F6B guys in mid June on a Sunday. We have 2 guys who work 6 days, so only Sunday is an option for them. I think we are 11 or 12 guys now. No club or meetings to attend. Just get together and ride when we can. Just finished a 500 mile Poker Run the day before Mother's Day. Beautiful ride. Anyway, hope to hear from you. Take care.

Taz (Chuck):cheers:

Dirtstiff's F6B
05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Cool.
Gonna B quite a group when we all come together.

Chas
05-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Hi
New to the area... I'm in Kelso wa. Please let me know when you guys have more rides. I would like to go!!!

There is a site called Cyclefish.com that lists a lot of poker runs. You have to go online and pick your state. It is all free. The June runs are all in Oregon there are 3. If you PM me I will send you info. It takes up a lot of 'room' on the site so I don't want to put it on the main board. Talk soon, I hope!

Chas
05-22-2016, 09:38 AM
I would like to get some input from the group, including the rider in Kelso about our Sunday ride in June. I need to know if you have a date that would be better than another and if you have any ideas for stops. We will start out in NW Portland to pick up any riders from Battleground/Vancouver area. Then on up Hwy 30 to pick up maybe as many as 4 riders between PDX and the Longview cut off. Maybe have anyone coming from that area to meet up at the scenic pull out up the hill, on the way to Astoria. It is about half way up (roughly). Then on to Astoria for food/gas, whatever the group decides. Then from Astoria down to Tillamook and then Seaside, and south to Otis and then over to I-5 and then to Keizer and I will continue north to Oregon City. 'windy'

I have gotten minimal interest in this ride. If I cannot get more, I will just drop it. Just to remind everyone we are just a riding group, based on the same bike type. No leaders, just all of us being followers of the front tire.

"3wheelSmiley".dickie-deals.;side-car';roughrider;;hdrider;;roughrider; 'riding''gw-smiley':biker::kngt::wheelchair wheelie:

Willl
05-22-2016, 09:56 AM
I am up for any ride Chas but I have friends coming into town for Rose Festival weekend June 10-12, Fathers Day is on 19th of June and I have a grandchild coming into this world around the end of the month, other than that, sign me up :icon_biggrin:

http://www.rosefestival.org/

Dirtstiff's F6B
05-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Deyle and I are in. How about the second or third Sunday in June.

Willl
05-22-2016, 10:04 AM
The 19th would work for me :)

:cheers:

Chas
05-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Okay, I think June 19th is good. Let's see what Copper Mike has on his schedule. He is another rider with a schedule that moves around and sometimes doesn't allow Sundays. Good start buddies!

Chas
05-22-2016, 11:36 AM
To the PDX guys, and FYI:

As you saw I have added Taz to my info. I will just use this as my handle. The reason for this is that when I was a firefighter I was eventually put onto a heavy rescue team. Sometimes you have to tear down some mighty strong stuff. We had to make entry in a very fast manner and my team and I tore the crap out of a wall to gain entry. Since my nickname up till then was just Chas, the crew said I was a mad man busting out the wall and that I looked like the cartoon character, Tasmanian Devil. Well I recently found a sticker that is a Taz in turnouts and it brought back to mind the nickname. I put it on my bike and on the avatar here. No one asked, but I thought I would mention what I did. Stupid, I know!!!!!

Willl
05-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Got you covered Taz :cheers:

Big Jay
05-22-2016, 08:25 PM
The 19th may work for me, not positive but it is s definite possibility. Will confirm closer to the ride date.

Chas
05-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks Big Jay. I hope it works out. I enjoyed riding with you that day you were able to get away.

F6BPDX
05-22-2016, 10:44 PM
19th may work for me too. And I like the route idea.

kenny urban
05-23-2016, 10:56 AM
There is a site called Cyclefish.com that lists a lot of poker runs. You have to go online and pick your state. It is all free. The June runs are all in Oregon there are 3. If you PM me I will send you info. It takes up a lot of 'room' on the site so I don't want to put it on the main board. Talk soon, I hope!2014 F^B,, set-up for LONG Rides,,
we just did a 3 day-1,134 mile ride,, we are called the 2.5 group.
KennyU,,
Tacoma area,,ONLY 2 hours away.
if you got a second,,
call 206-380-1051.

pdxstriper
05-27-2016, 01:36 AM
The 38th annual Wingdings event is in Billings Montana. I'm thinking about going. Anyone in this group interested?
Pete

Dirtstiff's F6B
05-27-2016, 04:10 PM
mmmmm..big maybe. Headed to Mom's in Billings area around mid July..

Chas
05-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Everyone is welcome if you are in the area of N.W. Oregon or S.W. Washington on June 19th. Right now we are working out rough details on the route and timing. Once we set a schedule, I will post it here for anyone's perusal. Then you can decide if you will join us. The PDX Riders are working on the route as a group so it will take a week or so to post! :cheers:

Dirtstiff's F6B
05-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Way to go Taz. Oregonizing this could be the first F6B west coast gig. See you there.

kenny urban
06-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Ride safe all! 'riding'
This is KennyU in Seattle area,,
I am busy all of June,, Let me know of rides in July and Aug,,
The F6B is needing to ride w/ Other F6B's,,
All the GOLDWING riders think there Bikes make there ACCs(RearEnds) look BIG,,
The F6B makes My ACC (RearEnd) look smaller,,
Hope to hear of rides in July,,
KennyU(only Two Hours away)

CopperMike
06-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Welcome Kenny! Look forward to meeting you!

Chas
06-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Kenny,. Did you get the email with the info on our coast run on July 19th?.dickie-deals.

jburns3239
06-27-2016, 08:28 PM
I know it is last minute.

I did this ride 2 years ago. It is not a long ride (1/2 day maybe)

The staging will begin at 9am at 1955 SE 192nd Ave (Vancouver) Camas at the "A Hero Was Here Fireworks" stand.
The ride will kickoff at 10am. The first stop will be at the American Legion Post in Washougal for a wreath laying in honor of our fallen.
From there you have an option to continue on with the rest of the route or strike out on your own.
The rest of the ride will what is commonly referred to as the Carson Loop. Out Hwy 14 to Carson and then around the back side of Mt. St. Helens and back to Vancouver.

http://http://www.aherowashere.org/

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Sorry Jim,
I'm headed to Glacier and all parts Wyoming and Montana where relatives live... Back 18th.

I'm out.

Jim

Willl
06-29-2016, 06:27 PM
Four of us made the run, Chas, Dirtstiff'sF6B, Kolsch and myself

We started NW of Portland on Hwy 30 heading towards Astoria, turned south on Hwy 101 then west on Hwy 6 to 26 back towards town (lots of side detours along the way)

A thanks goes out to Chas for organizing the ride and another thanks to Dirtstiff for being group lead :clap2:

Was a fun day :cheers:

kenny urban
07-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Everyone is welcome if you are in the area of N.W. Oregon or S.W. Washington on June 19th. Right now we are working out rough details on the route and timing. Once we set a schedule, I will post it here for anyone's perusal. Then you can decide if you will join us. The PDX Riders are working on the route as a group so it will take a week or so to post! :cheers:Just a note: KennyU is going to Pendleton Oregon BIKE week,,
I will be doing the SAT. "400 FUN RUN" Hope to see a F6B or two,,206-380-1051

Chas
08-14-2016, 01:42 PM
I know it is last minute.

I did this ride 2 years ago. It is not a long ride (1/2 day maybe)

The staging will begin at 9am at 1955 SE 192nd Ave (Vancouver) Camas at the "A Hero Was Here Fireworks" stand.
The ride will kickoff at 10am. The first stop will be at the American Legion Post in Washougal for a wreath laying in honor of our fallen.
From there you have an option to continue on with the rest of the route or strike out on your own.
The rest of the ride will what is commonly referred to as the Carson Loop. Out Hwy 14 to Carson and then around the back side of Mt. St. Helens and back to Vancouver.

http://http://www.aherowashere.org/

Hey Jim (Marine)

If you can get us the info next year a little sooner I am sure several of us would be happy to join you. This year it was too late and we had set up a different run. I will also check out the site link you sent to see if I can get on an email list for next year. Thanks my friend.

Taz (Chas)( Navy )

Chas
08-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Well we had a great ride due the thinking and leading of two of our leaders. WillE and Dirtstiff took us ( me and B and Dirtstiff classy wife) out to the Washington shores. Area called Long Beach. It encompasses several little towns and old fishery areas. Really beautiful and toatally educational besides being good eats! Weather in Portland was in the 80+'s, but out there it was a little overcast and in the 60's. But coming back it was like someone opened the door. We were going along at the 60ish temps and then bam, it was 89+. Could not get the coats off fast enough.

We are lucky to live in such beautiful country. The unofficial photog will be posting some of our pics soon ( I think ).
Anyway, great way to spend a Saturday!!!:lolup:'riding':cheers:

Willl
08-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Another Trifecta, Company, Weather and Ride were perfect :cheers:

CopperMike
08-15-2016, 10:18 PM
That's great!! Damn broken foot.