PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Chicago from Vegas via Rt 66

boking10
03-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Are there and sites that are a must see?

stroguy
03-18-2016, 05:45 PM
For viewing in Amarillo TX the buried Caddies and The Big Texan steakhouse. I said for viewing because the Caddies stink to high heaven of spray paint and if it's been raining it's a mess of mud. Been to the Big Texan twice, the second time was not needed. Food is not that great but for a one time looksy I guess you can stop.

coffee_weasle
03-18-2016, 05:53 PM
i've ridden the entire length of rt 66, Hackberry AZ gas station (no gas there, lol) is still my favorite stop

it's on a preserved stretch of 66 between Kingman AZ and Seligman AZ, (Seligman is pretty cool too)

oh, in Seligman, there's an old fashion barber shop, the barber's name is Angel, he is 80 years old and still does a great job (be for warned, shave $30 and haircut $30, lol)

just don't get him laughing, he had to stop several times so he wouldn't slice me

adventurous1
03-18-2016, 08:20 PM
i've ridden the entire length of rt 66, Hackberry AZ gas station (no gas there, lol) is still my favorite stop

it's on a preserved stretch of 66 between Kingman AZ and Seligman AZ, (Seligman is pretty cool too)

oh, in Seligman, there's an old fashion barber shop, the barber's name is Angel, he is 80 years old and still does a great job (be for warned, shave $30 and haircut $30, lol)

just don't get him laughing, he had to stop several times so he wouldn't slice me

It's an interesting and historic ride. As with most remote 2 lane blacktops, it's an nice helmet optional ride. If you head toward boulder and x over the damn, and south down AZ 93 to Kingman. If your desire is to do the long, up and down and winding route thru oatman, then leave Vegas via NV route 95. The AZ route is helmet optional. Don't forget the sunscreen.