PDA

View Full Version : Ta Daaaaa, all back together

Rikrok
08-24-2013, 01:41 PM
With only one extra fastener and 1 lost socket.The camera just will not pick up the pearl. The Corbin seat is still a few weeks out.

Rikrok
08-24-2013, 01:43 PM
With the stable mate.

Steve 0080
08-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!! No parts left over ???

MichaelG
08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!! No parts left over ???

Steve, he did say, "With only one extra fastener ".

And he lost a socket, so....that means...he has to take it all apart again, find the lost socket, and find where that extra fastener goes to. :shock:

Phantom
08-24-2013, 02:03 PM
That is a sweet pair !

The F6B's orange pearl tends to look more like Tangerine, very nice.

Steve 0080
08-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Miles.....I must have been busy admiring the pics…. I also have to take my bike apart to find an OEM key…but that will have to wait until I do an air filter change….

Wingman
08-24-2013, 05:08 PM
This is sexy as hell, do mind sharing the price so I can ...ummm...plan for the future:icon_wink:

bobbyf6b
08-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Looks amazing! The black pipes look great too. :bowdown:

What did you spray on the valve cover chrome?

contek
08-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Way cool. Nice pair! :headbang:

BillyDaFinn
08-25-2013, 12:17 AM
This is sexy as hell, do mind sharing the price so I can ...ummm...plan for the future:icon_wink:

I was just thinking the same thing, I'm starting to research some paint shops here in the Seattle area.

Rikrok
08-25-2013, 06:45 AM

You are going to find prices all over the board. All seemed to be $1500 to $2000, including my paint choice. Which was $500 in materials alone. The Russellville or Shoerder paint jobs at 2k with a few goodies seems like a good deal.

Rikrok
08-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Looks amazing! The black pipes look great too. :bowdown:

What did you spray on the valve cover chrome?

I'm very happy with the Rush Exhaust. Should be putting on the slash cut tips this week. I even blacked out the chrome header covers up front. Seems like the get missed on a lot of bikes.

I used a black chrome paint on the F6B badges, the pivot arm covers and the valve cover strips. I am going to start working on all of the fasteners this week. The Honda badges did not find their way back on e bike.

Memphian
08-25-2013, 11:53 AM
I like the blacked out chrome and it looks like something I could do without messing it up.:icon_biggrin:

Trike lady
08-25-2013, 12:54 PM
That's a pair of beautiful orange bikes.

bobbyf6b
08-25-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm very happy with the Rush Exhaust. Should be putting on the slash cut tips this week. I even blacked out the chrome header covers up front. Seems like the get missed on a lot of bikes.

I used a black chrome paint on the F6B badges, the pivot arm covers and the valve cover strips. I am going to start working on all of the fasteners this week. The Honda badges did not find their way back on e bike.

I wonder if the stock pipes could be painted with that stuff or if I need high temp paint.

RT59
08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Nice! When winter comes on we may see quite a bit disassembly and color change using high grade paint products. If I can find the time and patience it will likely be on my list. Any pointers for us?

RT59
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I like the blacked out chrome and it looks like something I could do without messing it up.:icon_biggrin:

The black chrome would be great on any of the stock and custom colors. Now we just need a provider that offers exchange parts so you can make the change without missing much ride time.

Rikrok
08-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Nice! When winter comes on we may see quite a bit disassembly and color change using high grade paint products. If I can find the time and patience it will likely be on my list. Any pointers for us?

Pictures, pictures, pictures. I took pics of every part after I removed it. Many have clips, screws, grommets, bumpers and other goodies on them. They all need to be removed before painting. And it's nice to know where they all go a few weeks later when you get your parts back. And buy the factory service manual. There is a certain succession that the parts are removed in.

BillyDaFinn
08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
You are going to find prices all over the board. All seemed to be $1500 to $2000, including my paint choice. Which was $500 in materials alone. The Russellville or Shoerder paint jobs at 2k with a few goodies seems like a good deal.

Thanks for all the info Rikrok, those are 2 sexy bikes, good stuff! I think I've decided on candy cobalt blue, or a variation of it. I was sort of expecting to be in the 3 grand range, now I know what I'm up against. Time to save my pennies......