View Full Version : North East Meet and Greet

Pages : 1 [2]

vmaxed
05-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Me too....... 5th :yes:

zzh54
05-21-2016, 06:55 AM
The 5th works for me, so does any other weekend. lol

I will see whats going on the 29th, maybe ride down.

wjduke
05-21-2016, 07:07 AM
I'll be in for both if IT DOESN'T RAIN. Sunday's are for me.

DMAGOLDRDR
05-21-2016, 09:01 AM
With all these rain days I have to add this...

Ten years ago or so my wife (now X-wife) and I would ride to York PA every year for the VJMC Swap meet at White Rose. Back then I was resurrecting 70s era CB750s and GL1000s. We would ride down for a long weekend and camp on the grounds. Met many great folks that I keep in touch with still today. This went on for 6 or 7 years in a row back then until the last two years of going we decided to leave the tent home and go for a room near by because every year it would rain on us.
It became a standing joke with us that it will rain every time we ride through PA.

Sooo I feel that this threat of rain on every set date may be on me. Sorry guys. I will say out loud "I can't make it" in an attempt to keep the rain gods from planning their bad weather, but ;) ;) in a low soft whisper, see you on the 5th.

Delta
05-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Well folks I got up this morning and checked the forecast and it doesn't look good. So I guess tomorrow is officially canceled!

So lets start looking at the 5th. Who's in?

Delta, if the weather is good on the 29 and you want to swing by let me know. Maybe we can put together a ride even if Wayne is planning on washing his wheel wells again and is therefor predicting rain, the temps are supposed to be in the 80's!
:rainyday:
If Delta swings by who's up for another ride on the 29th?

I'll let you know by Friday what's happening. Rain or sunshine, makes no difference to me as I'll be on the road anyway. I've been halfway thinking about riding to Boone NC for a rib eye at Peddlars Steak House. Not to keen on the idea of massive miles on the interstate.

wjduke
05-22-2016, 05:08 AM
I was about to be ticked off at the weather people again. No rain anywhere, until I look at Mt. Pocono. Of course, it's going to be raining there....

Bob Penn
05-22-2016, 09:17 AM
I was about to be ticked off at the weather people again. No rain anywhere, until I look at Mt. Pocono. Of course, it's going to be raining there....

Good morning Wayne! I just came in from doing some yard work. So far there's been no rain reaching the ground here. Kind of wish it would rain though. My back hurts from shoveling top soil around. Seems I'm not as young as I used to be!:165fs373950:

If it doesn't start soon I'm going for a ride before I wear out my shovel. Do you want to go I'll wait.'gw-smiley'

The really good news is they are talking 80 degrees by Wednesday and staying up there for the rest of the week!:th_sunbathe:

wjduke
05-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Good morning Wayne! I just came in from doing some yard work. So far there's been no rain reaching the ground here. Kind of wish it would rain though. My back hurts from shoveling top soil around. Seems I'm not as young as I used to be!:165fs373950:

If it doesn't start soon I'm going for a ride before I wear out my shovel. Do you want to go I'll wait.'gw-smiley'

The really good news is they are talking 80 degrees by Wednesday and staying up there for the rest of the week!:th_sunbathe:

I hate to say anything about weather anymore, but, next week looks promising. Seems I've said that before. :banghead:

Bob Penn
05-23-2016, 05:37 AM
I hate to say anything about weather anymore, but, next week looks promising. Seems I've said that before. :banghead:

How are you ever going to get old? You know a prerequisite to old age is learning to talk about the weather!

Yes, this coming long weekend looks pretty good except for the possibility of some afternoon thunder storms. :301:

But I'll be riding and complaining every day anyway!! It's what us old farts do. You know they can't bury a moving complaining target!!:lolup:

Bob Penn
05-26-2016, 07:14 AM
Just a quick weather update. The forecast is for highs in the low 80's with only the possibility for some scattered afternoon freshets to cool things off to the mid 70's. Perfect riding conditions through next Wed.

Judging by the forecast, I guess Wayne's not planning to come to PA this weekend! :039::icon_lol:

wjduke
05-26-2016, 07:51 AM
Just a quick weather update. The forecast is for highs in the low 80's with only the possibility for some scattered afternoon freshets to cool things off to the mid 70's. Perfect riding conditions through next Wed.

Judging by the forecast, I guess Wayne's not planning to come to PA this weekend! :039::icon_lol:
I'll be there...how's that!

Jeff, let me know if you're planning on this ride...I'll stop at your exit again, 9ish

Bob Penn
05-27-2016, 06:43 AM
I'll be there...how's that!

Jeff, let me know if you're planning on this ride...I'll stop at your exit again, 9ish

Latest forecast is for temps in the 90's with a slight chance for snow flurries! Then again PA didn't post that forecast until Wayne posted that he's planning on coming. :yikes:

Stay tuned tomorrow for a more reliable forecast.

Depending on who's all coming and how hard they want to ride I could adjust the route to appease the majority. Do you want to do the same route I am planning for the 5th. (approx. 120 miles) or would you want to do a totally different route? That route would be about 175 miles plus. Not bad for someone living nearby but it could be a dangerously long day for someone who is faced with a 4 hour ride to get here plus another 4 hours home unless they were planning on laying over somewhere.

wjduke
05-27-2016, 06:53 AM
The weather has been steady for Sunday, but then again, it's PA. Hit or miss shower shouldn't scare too many. I'm game for anything. Was planning on riding all day anyway. I might bring some overnight stuff just in case you push me too hard.

Pap
05-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Latest forecast is for temps in the 90's with a slight chance for snow flurries! Then again PA didn't post that forecast until Wayne posted that he's planning on coming. :yikes:

Stay tuned tomorrow for a more reliable forecast.

Depending on who's all coming and how hard they want to ride I could adjust the route to appease the majority. Do you want to do the same route I am planning for the 5th. (approx. 120 miles) or would you want to do a totally different route? That route would be about 175 miles plus. Not bad for someone living nearby but it could be a dangerously long day for someone who is faced with a 4 hour ride to get here plus another 4 hours home unless they were planning on laying over somewhere.

Bob,
If you could let me know the route you are going to take and a guestimation on a time frame at scheduled stops later in the day, the wife and I would like to meet up with y'all. Too hard to get her up too early in the AM! lol

Bob Penn
05-28-2016, 07:24 AM
Bob,
If you could let me know the route you are going to take and a guestimation on a time frame at scheduled stops later in the day, the wife and I would like to meet up with y'all. Too hard to get her up too early in the AM! lol

As of this morning the forecast stayed the same. Hot, very hot, with the possibility for afternoon freshets.

Pap, I'm not sure of our planned route yet. The only one who should be committed, opps, I mean has committed is, Wayne. So stay tuned we may be heading your way toward, Towanda at least by 1:30 pm.

bob109
05-28-2016, 07:45 AM
As of this morning the forecast stayed the same. Hot, very hot, with the possibility for afternoon freshets.

Pap, I'm not sure of our planned route yet. The only one who should be committed, opps, I mean has committed is, Wayne. So stay tuned we may be heading your way toward, Towanda at least by 1:30 pm.

Bob! How about a Ride Update for all us "old farts"..........We are still meeting at the Pa. Reception Center I-84 Pa./NY Border at approximately 10:00 a.m. etc, etc.............I'm missing where Towanda came into play???

Pap
05-28-2016, 02:43 PM

Thanks, but Just found out that we have family plans for tomorrow. Someday.........

zzh54
05-28-2016, 03:35 PM
Sorry to say, I will not be making the ride tomorrow, my grand daughter has leave and plans on flying in late tonight.

I do plan on making next week's ride. Hope you guys have a nice ride tomorrow

wjduke
05-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Sorry to say, I will not be making the ride tomorrow, my grand daughter has leave and plans on flying in late tonight.

I do plan on making next week's ride. Hope you guys have a nice ride tomorrow

I'll probably stop and fill up anyway....maybe catch you there next week.

wjduke
05-28-2016, 07:19 PM
Well, I'm hitting the sack early for a long day tomorrow. I am planning on going home same day. Rain forecast after midnight, so I want to beat it. Whatever the plans are, I'm game. Sounds like me and the two Bob's, with maybe Delta touching base somewhere? Count on me for 10am arrival. I'll check here one more time in the am to see if there's any changes.

Bob Penn
05-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Bob! How about a Ride Update for all us "old farts"..........We are still meeting at the Pa. Reception Center I-84 Pa./NY Border at approximately 10:00 a.m. etc, etc.............I'm missing where Towanda came into play???

Yep we're still meeting at 10 am at the reception center. I was looking for an alternative route because the waterfall, bakery, F. Walter dam ride was rescheduled for June 5 so more riders could make that ride.

I only suggested a Towanda area ride, back in where we rode the other day, would make for some interesting exploring since from the looks of thing there aren't many making this ride. The other plus for that area is it's away from the usual high traffic tourist traps. It would have also been closer for Pap coming from the Pittsburgh area to meet up with us.
We never really decide where we will go tomorrow and left it up in the air. Now with 2 others bailing out we'll have to decide in the morning.
Right now it looks like there will only be 3 of us. Maybe we should change the meeting place to the dinner next to the motel where Wayne stayed last time exit 17 off I-84 for SR-191. make it 10:30 am.
Wayne what do you think?

bob109
05-28-2016, 10:52 PM
I've got commitments with family tomorrow. Two Grand Children with Birthdays. If I'm not at the Reception Center by 10:00/10:30 I'll be a no-show. My Senior Memory gets me in trouble all the time and Sunday is no exception:icon_frown:

wjduke
05-29-2016, 03:53 AM
Looks like it's the two of us Bob. I'll meet you at the diner, exit 17. I'll top off my tank right there at that Mobil and we'll make a day of it. You lead, I'll follow....whatever route you feel like.

Bob Penn
05-29-2016, 05:27 AM
See you at the dinner.

wjduke
05-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Bike is in its home safe and sound. Me, well, I'm not home yet, but I'm good too. Bob and Bob, what can I say. Great day, awesome sights and you guys are the best. Set a new high mileage day for me at 747. Set a record for hours too I think. 6am to 9:05. Thanks again guys. We'll see what happens next week.

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 01:12 AM
Bike is in its home safe and sound. Me, well, I'm not home yet, but I'm good too. Bob and Bob, what can I say. Great day, awesome sights and you guys are the best. Set a new high mileage day for me at 747. Set a record for hours too I think. 6am to 9:05. Thanks again guys. We'll see what happens next week.

Glade to hear you made it home safe and sound. Thanks for posting. It had to be a long day for you. I'll post the pictures tomorrow when my fingers are more coordinated. Seems the gin and tonic after ride celebration hasn't quite left the premises yet.

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 07:15 AM
OK, here's some of the photos we took yesterday. Unfortunately, the camera tends to flatten out the terrain pictures. The roads were all good with little traffic and considering this was a holiday weekend that's saying something!

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 07:29 AM
Here's some more pictures of yesterdays ride unfortunately the camera didn't flatten out the exposed bellies.
The bikes all ran great and I really never felt hot despite the 95 f. degrees we rode in. Maybe that's because the roads we rode were primarily back roads shaded by trees as planned.

53driver
05-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Nice pics! Thanks for putting them up.

You'll have to edit them and tell us who is who!

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Oh I just thought I'd throw in some pictures of the family I returned home too. There wasn't much conversation and I didn't have to answer any questions. Best of all I didn't have to drink alone.

Now about next week's ride on the 5th who's all coming? Not to worry, Mama's Harley, is not running as usual, and she's afraid to ride 2 up with me!

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Nice pics! Thanks for putting them up.

You'll have to edit them and tell us who is who!

Wayne (wjduke) is the one with the red spot on his T-shirt. Bob 109 is the one holding his crotch and I'm the good guy in the white hat.:icon_lol:

willtill
05-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Oh I just thought I'd throw in some pictures of the family I returned home too. There wasn't much conversation and I didn't have to answer any questions. Best of all I didn't have to drink alone.

Now about next week's ride on the 5th who's all coming? Not to worry, Mama's Harley, is not running as usual, and she's afraid to ride 2 up with me!

Hope Mama bear is used to you; with those cubs around. :shock:

wjduke
05-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Here's some more pictures of yesterdays ride unfortunately the camera didn't flatten out the exposed bellies.
The bikes all ran great and I really never felt hot despite the 95 f. degrees we rode in. Maybe that's because the roads we rode were primarily back roads shaded by trees as planned.

I'm much better looking in person...ahem....Black tee is me, Wayne (wjduke) with Bob (bob109)....second pic is me again with Bob (Bob Penn).

wjduke
05-30-2016, 09:22 AM
Wayne (wjduke) is the one with the red spot on his T-shirt. Bob 109 is the one holding his crotch and I'm the good guy in the white hat.:icon_lol:

I'll have you know that the tee is from Wounded Warrior Boston bike run from a couple of weeks ago. It was a nightmare and I have this shirt to remind me!

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Hope Mama bear is used to you; with those cubs around. :shock:

Like any good husband I know better then to try to come between a mother and her kids. But every year I have to pay child support until the blueberries ripen and those two don't even look like me!

Bob Penn
05-30-2016, 06:29 PM
I'll have you know that the tee is from Wounded Warrior Boston bike run from a couple of weeks ago. It was a nightmare and I have this shirt to remind me!

Oh boy, now I can't wait to hear 109's excuse! I bet he blames it on his bladder. :icon_lol:

Bob Penn
06-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Wayne, I don't know how you do it! But have you seen the forecast for Sunday? Noah has nothing on you Lad!:rainyday:

wjduke
06-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Wayne, I don't know how you do it! But have you seen the forecast for Sunday? Noah has nothing on you Lad!:rainyday:

90% rain....my fault, sorry

DMAGOLDRDR
06-01-2016, 08:16 AM
90% rain....my fault, sorry

My rain gear has dried out from the DC ride this past weekend so I'll be ready and will keep my plan to be there Sunday and hope for the best.

Bob Penn
06-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Think I'll wait until Saturday and definitely ride somewhere, but right now the forecast is very WET for Sunday!

I get caught in the rain every once in awhile but to venture out into it for fun is not my idea of a good time no matter how bad I want to test my rain gear.

wjduke
06-02-2016, 09:00 PM
What's the worlds record for rainouts for a motorcycle meet and greet? Let's see...April 10th and it hasn't happened yet. We must be approaching some kind of record! I made two trips there and it hasn't even happened yet...guys are amazed that I have 7,000 miles on my bike already.

Bob, what say you???????

Bob Penn
06-03-2016, 07:19 AM
What's the worlds record for rainouts for a motorcycle meet and greet? Let's see...April 10th and it hasn't happened yet. We must be approaching some kind of record! I made two trips there and it hasn't even happened yet...guys are amazed that I have 7,000 miles on my bike already.

Bob, what say you???????

Wayne , you never cease to amaze me. But now you again give me a new objective to my relatively passive life.

So I won't even wait until Saturday.

Sunday's June 5th ride is officially Canceled again!
due to this mornings forecast for heavy rain all day Sunday. :rainyday:

Can anyone predict the next rainy Sunday in PA and who wants to ride on that day? First prize will be an empty wet dripping fuel tank?

Opp's, I mean what should be the next rescheduled date. June. 12, 19, or 26? There that should take care of any possibility of a June drought.

wjduke
06-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Wayne , you never cease to amaze me. But now you again give me a new objective to my relatively passive life.

So I won't even wait until Saturday.

Sunday's June 5th ride is officially Canceled again!
due to this mornings forecast for heavy rain all day Sunday. :rainyday:

Can anyone predict the next rainy Sunday in PA and who wants to ride on that day? First prize will be an empty wet dripping fuel tank?

Opp's, I mean what should be the next rescheduled date. June. 12, 19, or 26? There that should take care of any possibility of a June drought.
You should see my planner for rides...PA meet and greet June 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th.....

DMAGOLDRDR
06-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I will watch and see what others want as I have most Sundays clear, although I will be taking a weekend off soon to ride New Hampshire and Maine with a stop at Laconia. Not sure if I will be taking the weekend of the 12th or 19th.

JGF6B
06-03-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm thinking about heading to the White Mountains tomorrow. I haven't settled on a route yet but will probably zip up 93 in the morning, grab breakfast off exit 32, and go from there. Will likely ride the Kancamagus and 302 through Crawford Notch. Might take 16 through Pinkham Notch and Rt 2 along the north side of the Presidentials. Just me and the lady right now; join up if interested.

wjduke
06-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm thinking about heading to the White Mountains tomorrow. I haven't settled on a route yet but will probably zip up 93 in the morning, grab breakfast off exit 32, and go from there. Will likely ride the Kancamagus and 302 through Crawford Notch. Might take 16 through Pinkham Notch and Rt 2 along the north side of the Presidentials. Just me and the lady right now; join up if interested.

I would but have to work until noon....I'll catch another ride at a later date possibly.

zzh54
06-03-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm thinking of getting out early tomorrow and do a Catskill reservoir run. I have to cover at work next weekend but taking Thursday ( if weather permits ) and do Lake George.

Bob Penn
06-03-2016, 05:12 PM
My plan right now is to leave for Americade on Wed. morning weather permitting. I plan to meet up with some of the other guys from this site on Thur. as mentioned in the Americade thread.
Then leaving there on Friday morning for Laconia in the afternoon and most of the day on Sat. So the 12th is only a maybe for me if I can get back in time and if I'm still ride-able by then.

June 19 is Father's day so consider that when scheduling your plans. It's not a problem for me.

Worst yet I'm betting on rain for the 26th.

Bob Penn
06-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Would it be presumptuous of me to Cancel Sunday's (June 12th) ride, due to forecast ed rain, or would it be considered more proof that I'm just a creature of habit?

Sorry Wayne. :icon_lol:

Maybe next week? It would never rains on Father's day. Would it??

wjduke
06-09-2016, 05:20 AM
Weather seems to be relaxing....is there any interest in this ride in the next couple weeks?

zzh54
06-10-2016, 03:48 PM
This weekend I have to cover at work, next weekend ( fathers day ) I am leaving Friday morning for Watertown, NY, to visit with my daughter and grand kids.
So, 25, 26 is my next free weekend.

DMAGOLDRDR
06-10-2016, 05:54 PM
I have already made plans for this Sunday and may!!! be at Laconia next Sunday but should be good after that.

Bob Penn
06-11-2016, 04:15 PM
I just got back from Americade. Had to leave early it was forecast ed to rain and thunder storm all afternoon starting at 11 am! The good news is I bought a new rain suite. I really didn't need one I already have one. But I thought that maybe if I bought one maybe the Gods would change their weather pattern, just so I couldn't use it. I did get hit by some sprinkles near, Kingston, NY, on the way home but not enough to warren't stopping to put on the rain suite.

So after reviewing the optimistic suggestions it looks like maybe we should consider the 26. Who's up for it?:shrug:

I'd love to use my new suite and see if the reverse charm works!

wjduke
06-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Let's try this again, I'm in for the 26th.

bob109
06-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Just arrived in Florida for approximately a month, after attending my Daughters wedding in Raleigh, N.C. That said I won't be attending any meets until or after my return to Pa. on or after July 10th.

I'm without my 6 as my cycle trailer was loaded with much or the contents of my garage. Want to get my Florida shed filled to the hilt with all my tool's etc.

I know all you folks will be in good company and have your faces full of good food and pie as Bob Penn will have the lead:bbq2:

wjduke
06-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Just arrived in Florida for approximately a month, after attending my Daughters wedding in Raleigh, N.C. That said I won't be attending any meets until or after my return to Pa. on or after July 10th.

I'm without my 6 as my cycle trailer was loaded with much or the contents of my garage. Want to get my Florida shed filled to the hilt with all my tool's etc.

I know all you folks will be in good company and have your faces full of good food and pie as Bob Penn will have the lead:bbq2:

Have a nice time down south. Who knows...you might not miss anything!

bob109
06-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Have a nice time down south. Who knows...you might not miss anything!

Only the "rain" Wayne! Only the "rain":icon_laugh:

Bob Penn
06-13-2016, 05:42 AM
Hey Bob your missing it. There's a drought up here now, at least, according to the channel 16 weather man. We were supposed to have gotten thunder storms and heavy rain on Saturday. I raced home from Americade to avoid getting wet. Not a drop fell here all weekend. We haven't had a drop of rain in almost 3 days now. In fact I think it's the rain suite working. I'm thinking I'm going to leave it in the bag until the 27 or until you get back here.

Please hurry back my grass is starting to die!

DMAGOLDRDR
06-17-2016, 08:42 PM
Just planning my next few Sundays, are we looking at Sunday the 26th ???

wjduke
06-18-2016, 04:44 AM
Just planning my next few Sundays, are we looking at Sunday the 26th ???

I think that's the latest plan....everyone seemed on board. It's up to good old Mother Nature.

Bob Penn
06-18-2016, 06:42 AM
It's too late to change it to this weekend, and perfect weather, so I guess we'll have to hope that the new rain suit and a plugged tire will keep the rain Gods laughing and ruining next weekends planned ride June 26.:icon_lol:

Common after almost 3 months you gotta laugh.

makya53
06-18-2016, 07:04 AM
New f6b rider and I don't see myself riding any of my other bikes for a long time. I'm in for the 26th.

Bob Penn
06-19-2016, 07:30 AM
New f6b rider and I don't see myself riding any of my other bikes for a long time. I'm in for the 26th.

Look forward to meeting you, but you do understand that the probability of rain next Sunday is very high as the last 3 months can attest too and we don't ride in the rain. Except for wjduke that is.
So check back in here Friday for the discussion on the weather report.

DMAGOLDRDR
06-19-2016, 08:13 PM
OK I have the 26th on my calendar, and my rain gear standing by.

Bob Penn
06-19-2016, 08:20 PM
OK I have the 26th on my calendar, and my rain gear standing by.

Rain gear?? If your riding in with Duke you better wear hip boots and maybe a May-west!

wjduke
06-20-2016, 04:13 AM
I'm so confident this time, I'm leaving my rain gear home.

wjduke
06-21-2016, 06:10 AM
Let's start some planning...this is going to happen, right?

Dan and Ed, am I meeting you guys in Danbury? Jeff, are you in this weekend, are we stopping in Beacon?

Just want to know what time to hit the highways!

zzh54
06-21-2016, 06:29 AM
I'm in for Sunday. I will meet you at the Mobil at exit 11. Just give me a time.

wjduke
06-21-2016, 06:56 AM
I'm in for Sunday. I will meet you at the Mobil at exit 11. Just give me a time.

Will coordinate with Dan for a Danbury meet up...guessing the 9-9:15 area.

Bob Penn
06-21-2016, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=wjduke;124598]Let's start some planning...

It's only Tuesday but the long range forecast is rain free with temps up here on the mountain in the high 70's low 80's. Somethings not right!! But lets plan anyway.

Where are we going to eat????

We'll be stopping at the Apple Pie bakery at about 11:30 am for coffee and pie or maybe a hot dog and pie. Then again they do offer Barbecue.

The real delema will be at the end of the ride. Choices are still Barbecue, Chinese, or the Hotel? The last ride out this way we did the Hotel so I know a few of you have eaten there before so you may have a preference. But remember there are still 64 sandwiches out of the possible 65 that you haven't tried yet.

By the way I took a ride on one of the mountain top back roads I didn't originally plan on taking due to previously bad pavement. Good news it's been fixed. So I'm adding another 10 miles of twisties to the ride if you don't mine. We will have to get an early start and hustle a little to get it all in by 2:30 pm. I hate a late brunch :icon_wink:

wjduke
06-21-2016, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=wjduke;124598]Let's start some planning...

It's only Tuesday but the long range forecast is rain free with temps up here on the mountain in the high 70's low 80's. Somethings not right!! But lets plan anyway.

Where are we going to eat????

We'll be stopping at the Apple Pie bakery at about 11:30 am for coffee and pie or maybe a hot dog and pie. Then again they do offer Barbecue.

The real delema will be at the end of the ride. Choices are still Barbecue, Chinese, or the Hotel? The last ride out this way we did the Hotel so I know a few of you have eaten there before so you may have a preference. But remember there are still 64 sandwiches out of the possible 65 that you haven't tried yet.

By the way I took a ride on one of the mountain top back roads I didn't originally plan on taking due to previously bad pavement. Good news it's been fixed. So I'm adding another 10 miles of twisties to the ride if you don't mine. We will have to get an early start and hustle a little to get it all in by 2:30 pm. I hate a late brunch :icon_wink:

You choose Bob...I'm sure there's something for everyone. I can vouch for the apple pie and the Hotel...I'd do either one, no question.

drifter
06-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Are you still meeting at the Welcome center in Port Jervis if so what time

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 07:18 AM
Are you still meeting at the Welcome center in Port Jervis if so what time

NO, we'll be meeting officially at the Matamoras, Pa reception center (Port Jarvis, NY is actually the next exit east just across the bridge on 84). Hopefully the meet time will be 10 am or earlier. So we can get started by 10:15. That's why I'd appreciate everyone who is coming to let us know so when everybody listed arrives we can get started. It is after all a relatively long ride planed with a number of stops for pictures, food, and toliet services.
So bring a camera, a couple of bucks (depending on your appetite) and something to read.

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 07:30 AM
As I see it this is the current list of those planning on coming. Please let us know if your not listed or you have to cancel.

Definite maybes

GaTeach
Wjduke
Drifter
zzh54
DMAGOLDRDR
makya53
Bob Penn

?
:yikes:

Maybe's

ReserveBum
JGf6B

ReserveBum
06-22-2016, 07:43 AM
Will coordinate with Dan for a Danbury meet up...guessing the 9-9:15 area.
Trying to work my schedule to meet you guys at the Exit 11 Mobil. Looks like its going to be a hot one

JGF6B
06-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Trying to work my schedule to meet you guys at the Exit 11 Mobil. Looks like its going to be a hot one

Is that exit 11 off 84 in CT?
It is likely that I won't go but I'd like to have the facts straight just in case........

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 08:32 AM

Not to worry the temps here on top of the mountain will only be in the upper 70's

wjduke
06-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Is that exit 11 off 84 in CT?
It is likely that I won't go but I'd like to have the facts straight just in case........

I'm supposed to meet Dan and maybe Ed on Rt84 in CT. I think we're meeting in CT at Exit 7 or 8, not confirmed yet, but the Exit 11 is in Beacon, NY on Rt84. In CT, I think we need to meet by 8-8:15 to be at the NY exit for 9-9:15. I'll have to leave here at 5:30. I'll have a long ass day, but I'm living for this right now.

JGF6B
06-22-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm supposed to meet Dan and maybe Ed on Rt84 in CT. I think we're meeting in CT at Exit 7 or 8, not confirmed yet, but the Exit 11 is in Beacon, NY on Rt84. In CT, I think we need to meet by 8-8:15 to be at the NY exit for 9-9:15. I'll have to leave here at 5:30. I'll have a long ass day, but I'm living for this right now.

OK, 8-8:15, exit 7 or 8 off 84 in CT. I have your number so I'll text if I decide to go. It will be a game day decision.

wjduke
06-22-2016, 10:02 AM
OK, 8-8:15, exit 7 or 8 off 84 in CT. I have your number so I'll text if I decide to go. It will be a game day decision.

That works...follow here and you'll know exact times and exits. Dan will chime in soon!

DMAGOLDRDR
06-22-2016, 10:22 AM

EXIT #8 West bound I84 Danbury CT, go thru the light at the end of the ramp and past the Mobil is a GLOBAL gas station with a Dunkin Donuts. A real nice Easy Off and Easy On Exit... I will be there probably 7:30 so I can have my coffee and be ready roll out when you show up.

Then about 40 miles to EXIT #11 in Beacon NY and another 43 miles to the PA line.

Call or message 2037335588 if there is a problem.

wjduke
06-22-2016, 10:59 AM
EXIT #8 West bound I84 Danbury CT, go thru the light at the end of the ramp and past the Mobil is a GLOBAL gas station with a Dunkin Donuts. A real nice Easy Off and Easy On Exit... I will be there probably 7:30 so I can have my coffee and be ready roll out when you show up.

Then about 40 miles to EXIT #11 in Beacon NY and another 43 miles to the PA line.

I guess my estimated times are pretty accurate. We can roll out at the times listed and keep Bob Penn happy! I believe I met you there the first time Dan....when Ed was sitting at the Mobil...lol Maybe not....I don't recall the Global gas.....

DMAGOLDRDR
06-22-2016, 11:23 AM
When Ed was at the Mobil and we were at Dunkin Donuts, that was in Waterbury. Always a Dunkin Donuts involved when it comes to me.

Willyf6b
06-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Count me in.. I will arrive at the Comfort Inn saturday evening. Looking forward to riding with you fellow F6B PILOTS!!!!

wjduke
06-22-2016, 12:20 PM
When Ed was at the Mobil and we were at Dunkin Donuts, that was in Waterbury. Always a Dunkin Donuts involved when it comes to me.

That's right....and I'll remember that

RickJ
06-22-2016, 12:39 PM
can't make THIS one. Son is returning from Kabul Afghanistan on Friday...but count me in for the NEXT one!!!

vmaxed
06-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Always a Dunkin Donuts involved when it comes to me.

"coffee""coffee""coffee":agree:

GaTeach
06-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Count me in!!! How fun. I'm looking at my syllabus now. I have to be in Valley Forge before 1800.

Can't wait to meet y'all. Glad this can happen. Thanks Bob

wjduke
06-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Looks like a nice turn out! Maybe near 10 if the maybe's can make it. Always cool to meet new people. GaTeach joining us...that's royalty right there!

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Count me in.. I will arrive at the Comfort Inn saturday evening. Looking forward to riding with you fellow F6B PILOTS!!!!

Your added! Looking forward to riding with you. Which Comfort Inn are you staying at?

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 05:54 PM
As I see it this is the current list of those planning on coming. Please let us know if your not listed or you have to cancel.

Definite maybes

GaTeach
Wjduke
Drifter
zzh54
DMAGOLDRDR
makya53
Bob Penn
Willyf6b
?

Maybe's

ReserveBum
JGf6B

I don't know why I lost the ability to add by editing so I just re-posted to add Willyf6b.

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 06:00 PM

Be careful or we'll convert you to Pie.

dksmith
06-22-2016, 07:50 PM
I will join the exit 11 group.

Bob Penn
06-23-2016, 05:11 AM

Definite maybes

GaTeach
Wjduke
Drifter
zzh54
DMAGOLDRDR
makya53
Bob Penn
Willyf6b
dksmith
?

Maybe's

ReserveBum
JGf6B

I don't know why I lost the ability to add by editing so I just re-posted to add dksmith

Nightwing_67
06-23-2016, 07:49 AM

Definite maybes

GaTeach
Wjduke
Drifter
zzh54
DMAGOLDRDR
makya53
Bob Penn
Willyf6b
?

Maybe's

ReserveBum
JGf6B

I don't know why I lost the ability to add by editing so I just re-posted to add Willyf6b.

Nightwing_67 is a go if you are still taking add-ons:cheers:

Willyf6b
06-23-2016, 08:14 AM
I have a reservation at the Comfort Inn on Twin Rocks RD in Lake Ariel. I hope this is the same one that others are using !!!

wjduke
06-23-2016, 08:32 AM
I have a reservation at the Comfort Inn on Twin Rocks RD in Lake Ariel. I hope this is the same one that others are using !!!

I stayed there before. I should this trip too, but I'm doing a one day trip. Nice place, good restaurant next door and gas next to that. It's a 1/2 hour or so west of the meeting spot, no biggie.

Richie
06-23-2016, 09:11 AM
I will put myself in as a maybe. Have plans already but doing my best to change them.

Will let you know sometime Sat.

Richie

Bob Penn
06-23-2016, 01:32 PM

That Comfort Inn is about 6 miles from my house. So if you would like I can meet you there Saturday and show you some of the local area if your not familiar with it. Also GaTeach and I can meet you there Sunday morning at 9 am and ride with you out I-84 to the meeting center.

Bob Penn
06-23-2016, 01:37 PM

Definite maybes

GaTeach
Wjduke
Drifter
zzh54
DMAGOLDRDR
makya53
Bob Penn
Willyf6b
dksmith
Nightwing_67
?

Maybe's

Richie
ReserveBum
JGf6B

Spirits
Bob 109

I don't know why I lost the ability to add by editing so I just re-posted to add 2

bob109
06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
I'll be there in "Spirit"!

From sunny Florida:icon_biggrin:

bob109

Bob Penn
06-23-2016, 02:10 PM
I'll be there in "Spirit"!

From sunny Florida:icon_biggrin:

bob109

Hey Bob, I'm Gladly adding another column for Spirits.

I don't think we've had any daytime rain since you left PA. Been sunny with temps in the mid 70's. They're saying it may hit 80 on Sunday. Looks like that $29.95 rain gear I bought is doing the trick! :icon_lol:

Nightwing_67
06-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Hey Bob, I'm Gladly adding another column for Spirits.

I don't think we've had any daytime rain since you left PA. Been sunny with temps in the mid 70's. They're saying it may hit 80 on Sunday. Looks like that $29.95 rain gear I bought is doing the trick! :icon_lol:

:lolup:

wjduke
06-23-2016, 02:27 PM
I think we now know who the rain devil has been! bob109 goes away, so does the rain....hmmmmm

bob109
06-23-2016, 03:04 PM
I think we now know who the rain devil has been! bob109 goes away, so does the rain....hmmmmm

It's currently a nice warm 100 degrees with a bit of humidity and blue but cloudy sky. Left the bike in Pa. Glad I did because it is actually "too hot to ride":shhh:

wjduke
06-23-2016, 03:12 PM
It's currently a nice warm 100 degrees with a bit of humidity and blue but cloudy sky. Left the bike in Pa. Glad I did because it is actually "too hot to ride":shhh:

Never too hot to ride where I live!

GaTeach
06-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Never too hot to ride where I live!

I've never experienced that condition either.

Pap
06-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Just ride nekked....well, that just depends who you are !

wjduke
06-23-2016, 09:13 PM
I've never experienced that condition either.

We might have hit 90 once or twice last year.....maybe this Sunday.

shooter
06-23-2016, 09:44 PM
I never let it stop me either. It takes a little out of you. Few years ago I did 420 miles in 105° weather. Took a couple days to get over that one. In MO its the humidity that gets you. 105° with about 80% humidity kinda makes it hard to breathe.

GaTeach
06-24-2016, 12:03 AM
I never let it stop me either. It takes a little out of you. Few years ago I did 420 miles in 105° weather. Took a couple days to get over that one. In MO its the humidity that gets you. 105° with about 80% humidity kinda makes it hard to breathe.

I flew to Phoenix with a friend a couple of years ago on Labor Day weekend. We rented HDs and rode up to the Grand Canyon. It was 105. But it's a dry heat. lol. Any day is a good day to ride.

Bob Penn
06-24-2016, 04:40 AM

Get use to it! It's only June. That's what I was trying to tell you. In FL you'll loose more riding days because of the heat and weather then you'll loose riding days because of the cold in PA.
This morning's forecast for Sunday is 85 in Scranton and 79 up here in Mt Pocono. That's perfect T-shirt riding weather. My only worry is keeping my arms from burning.

PS Hurry home my grass is dying from lack of rain!:icon_lol:

wjduke
06-24-2016, 06:35 AM
Get use to it! It's only June. That's what I was trying to tell you. In FL you'll loose more riding days because of the heat and weather then you'll loose riding days because of the cold in PA.
This morning's forecast for Sunday is 85 in Scranton and 79 up here in Mt Pocono. That's perfect T-shirt riding weather. My only worry is keeping my arms from burning.

PS Hurry home my grass is dying from lack of rain!:icon_lol:

Perfect Mesh Jacket riding weather. I cringe watching the shorts, sneakers, tee shirts, and no helmet or gloves crowd. JMHO...safe riding

zzh54
06-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Looking like a good turn out this weekend. Wayne, Dan and Ed, I will be waiting at the exit 11 gas station. Anyone else meeting there I will be there around 8:30 - 8:45.
Looking forward to the ride
Jeff

wjduke
06-24-2016, 07:01 PM
:yes:

GaTeach
06-24-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm in Morgantown WV for the night. Ernie! Where are you?

Did I see something in one of these NE Meetup threads about some of y'all meeting for supper tomorrow night?

wjduke
06-25-2016, 05:22 AM
Your comfort level ends today as you head north! :yikes:

Safe travels...It's a little faster pace up this way.

Bob Penn
06-25-2016, 05:54 AM
I'm in Morgantown WV for the night. Ernie! Where are you?

Did I see something in one of these NE Meetup threads about some of y'all meeting for supper tomorrow night?

I don't think so. I talked to Willy yesterday. He has a family obligation that he must attend. Then he'll be riding up here. Estimated arrival time between 5 - 6 pm. We planed on waiting for you to arrive then decide what's for dinner depending on time or just relax and hang out on the back deck, feed the deer and partake in some sort of libation with crackers and maybe a London broil or burgers.
Most of the others are coming from 4 various states in the North East on Sunday morning to roast some rebel from the south.

Bob Penn
06-25-2016, 06:19 AM
Your comfort level ends today as you head north! :yikes:

Safe travels...It's a little faster pace up this way.

Ahh, come on Wayne the only fast pace up here is suffered by those who insist on working for a living. No names please. If my pace got any slower I'd need a reverse gear or a box.

Besides Ga's been known to speed!! Beware the PA state troopers. A lot of them are female now. Her charms won't work on most of them. Take your time and ride slow, you know like I do.

vmaxed
06-25-2016, 03:51 PM

I'll be there in the AM Dan..."coffee"

Bob Penn
06-25-2016, 05:05 PM
As I see it this is the current list of those planning on coming as of 6 pm Saturday. Please let us know if your not listed or you have to cancel.

Definite maybes

GaTeach
Wjduke
Drifter
zzh54
DMAGOLDRDR
makya53
Bob Penn
Willyf6b
dksmith
Nightwing_67
vmaxed
?

Maybe's

Richie
ReserveBum
JGf6B

Spirits
Bob 109

wjduke
06-25-2016, 06:34 PM
Gonna be awesome riding with all these B's.

bob109
06-25-2016, 07:24 PM

Wayne! Don't forget to get some good pics of the group and identify folks when posting.

Regards from warm (102 today) Florida:039:

In Spirit

bob109

GaTeach
06-25-2016, 09:21 PM

GaTeach
06-25-2016, 09:30 PM

GaTeach
06-25-2016, 09:34 PM

Bob Penn, Willy, and Teach :)

DMAGOLDRDR
06-26-2016, 08:22 PM
It was nice to put a face to all the names, and spend time with you all. Thanks for putting it all together Bob.

7:30am to 8:30pm and 450miles A great day for sure.

wjduke
06-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Last one in, turn out the lights....click. 680 miles.

JGF6B
06-26-2016, 10:11 PM
6:20-10:45, 639 miles.
Night construction through Hartford sucked.
A nice trip overall though.

Richie
06-26-2016, 10:26 PM
Bob, thanks for all your planing and work. So nice to meet each and everyone of you,god all nice people and great riders.
I had a l time from start to finish!
Hope teach made it to the meeting in time.

Richie

GaTeach
06-26-2016, 11:18 PM
What a great group of guys. Thanks y'all so much for the welcome. Thanks for putting this together Bob. And thanks for your hospitality. So cool blasting around PA with 13 F6Bs.

Nightwing_67
06-26-2016, 11:32 PM
Bob, thanks so much for putting this ride together. I had a good time. Sorry I had to cut out at dinner. Pics will follow soon...:clap2:

wjduke
06-27-2016, 04:47 AM
Well, I'm back at it, after a 17 plus hour day. I think I'll crash and burn around mid day....god help any customers that try to bust my butt! What a great day. As I've always found, bikers are a damn good group. Bob Penn arranged a great day of riding. I wished I lived a tad closer, trust me, between CT and PA, I'd never be home.

Awesome meeting everyone....looking forward to the pics that I'm NOT in....lol

Adrian....best looking F6B of the group, imho....that white is just perfect. Teach, and I know I'm not alone saying this...you're a special kind of lady. Loved riding behind you and see how to live life. You didn't miss one wave to any passing biker, even scooters. I can only dream to be like that. That, on top of the work you do....when you work, you lucky bugger...is very admirable.

My mind will NOT be on my work today.

zzh54
06-27-2016, 05:22 AM
What to say that hasn't been said, Bob great work putting it all together, Everyone who showed up- nice meeting all you hope we can do it again

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 07:40 AM
I"m glad to hear everybody made it home after a long day and ride.

The real unanswered mysteries now are:

Did anybody else think it was too hot in the low lands?
Did anybody get hurt or dirty sliding in all that pasture droppings?
Did everybody enjoy the food?

Did the Peach make her meeting on time?

Where the hell are all the pictures we where forced to pose for?

To all those who have to work today I say pity poor me :asleep:

wjduke
06-27-2016, 07:51 AM

Did anybody else think it was too hot in the low lands?
Did anybody get hurt or dirty sliding in all that pasture droppings?

Did the Peach make her meeting on time?

Where the hell are all the pictures we where forced to pose for?

To all those who have to work today I say pity poor me :asleep:

Can't answer for all, or even all the questions....but,

I don't complain about heat, we bitch enough about the cold. I was actually cold on the way in, and on the way home.
I almost tipped my bike three times yesterday...gravel is not my friend, neither are tight areas.
My plate was fantastic. I'd eat there every time out.
The last place I wanted to be today was at work, but this damn fool is there. On top of that, I came into a shit show that the slobs left from Saturday.
I'm riding tonight...who's in?

vmaxed
06-27-2016, 01:35 PM

:

Apple Pie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2012.25.55.jpg
Ruben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2016.45.09.jpg
Looks like everybody enjoy the food Bob..."coffee"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2016.45.18.jpg

Ed...:039:

vmaxed
06-27-2016, 01:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2009.54.52.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2009.55.49.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2011.07.30.jpg

Ed.."coffee"

53driver
06-27-2016, 02:17 PM
Why is everyone gathered around that one red bike?
Oh wait, it's GA Teach showing off her new Helibars.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2009.54.52.jpg

wjduke
06-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Apple Pie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2012.25.55.jpg
Ruben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2016.45.09.jpg
Looks like everybody enjoy the food Bob..."coffee"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/North%20East%20Meet%20and%20Greet%206-26-16/2016-06-26%2016.45.18.jpg

Ed...:039:

To answer the next question....Left to right...the arms you see is Jeff zzh, then it's DK, Jim from NY, Willy, Bob Penn, Richie, Jim from Hudson, MA, Dan, Wayne.

zzh54
06-27-2016, 03:14 PM

Those Heli Bars were the hit of the party

wjduke
06-27-2016, 03:16 PM

She did attract some attention....bike or not!

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Sorry for the late pics...i went to work last night til 5am...anyway...here are a few. PM me your emails and i will send all the pics. ( this uploading one at a time is for the birds😩

53driver
06-27-2016, 03:31 PM
"One of these things is not like the others...."

(it's the guy in short pants....)

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Wayne, if you guys liked the sandwich menu some time your going to have to come back out overnight to sample the after 6 pm dinner offerings when the owner chef is in the kitchen. That's when the real wow's are served!

Thanks for the pictures guys and thanks Wayne for identifying by names the culprits. I couldn't even remember my own name this morning and now I have to go fix that dam clock I hit with the hammer.

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 03:36 PM
ok the computer at least allows 5 at a time.

wjduke
06-27-2016, 03:38 PM
Wayne, if you guys liked the sandwich menu some time your going to have to come back out overnight to sample the after 6 pm dinner offerings when the owner chef is in the kitchen. That's when the real wow's are served!

Thanks for the pictures guys and thanks Wayne for identifying by names the culprits. I couldn't even remember my own name this morning and now I have to go fix that dam clock I hit with the hammer.

I hope I got the names right...think so. Hey, PA isn't out of the question later in the year...need a slight break for the time being! Damn, half my posts were about this ride.

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 03:39 PM

lmao :lolup:

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 03:44 PM

Yep there were at least 2 of us that didn't like the heat but I don't have the legs for that look. Unfortunately looking at that picture most of us don't have the bellies to sit on a rail either.

wjduke
06-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Yep there were at least 2 of us that didn't like the heat but I don't have the legs for that look. Unfortunately looking at that picture most of us don't have the bellies to sit on a rail either.

I'm not that fat...it's a bad camera angle.

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 03:53 PM
round 2

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 03:57 PM
round 3
peaches caught with her hand on the cookie jar....:shhh:

53driver
06-27-2016, 04:03 PM
round 3

Lucky "cookie jar"......

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 04:06 PM
round 4

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 04:07 PM
If anybodies interested I've been thinking about starting another thread traveling about 3 hours west of here to visit the the PA Grand Canyon and the PA. Elk herd along SR- 6.

www.visitpago.com/elkviewing/

www.pacanyon.com/

My next trip will be on July 9 down to Gettysburg for their rally swap meet show and a tour the battleground Federal Park.
If anybodies interested type up and I'll work on putting something together.

www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/

www.gettysburgfoundation.org/10

DMAGOLDRDR
06-27-2016, 04:10 PM

Why do you think I stood behind everyone ????

shooter
06-27-2016, 04:11 PM
round 3

That lucky dog. Wonder if she thought that up herself?.......

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 04:12 PM
last one...without repeating a few.

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 04:18 PM
Why do you think I stood behind everyone ????

Because your embarrassed by your under fed look???

53driver
06-27-2016, 04:21 PM
round 3

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!! Is that Duke????
Looks like he's actually "enjoying" some 'southern hospitality'!!!

And there he was a month ago all scared.....lol.

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Thanks Nightwing I know that was a lot of work but we needed the evidence.

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 04:27 PM

Hey you're a moderator can't you change his handle to, "Cookie Jar"?

(nope, but I can fix your grammar...)

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 04:29 PM
Thanks Nightwing I know that was a lot of work but we needed the evidence.

The least I can do, You did the hard work planning it out.

drifter
06-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Great ride it was worth the wait. Nice job of leading Bob. Sorry i didn't make it to hotel especially after seeing photo of the sandwich. Hope we can get together again

Nightwing_67
06-27-2016, 04:47 PM

riding is more fun than working out! :motorcycle2:

JGF6B
06-27-2016, 07:18 PM
I had a good time; fun roads in PA.
It was nice to try all the different seats and see all the mods. Thanks to all who educated me.

Leave my shorts out of this:icon_lol:

wjduke
06-27-2016, 08:27 PM
That lucky dog. Wonder if she thought that up herself?.......

Ya, I wonder who thought that up.....

wjduke
06-27-2016, 08:28 PM

There's more to that pic than meets the eye! Not complaining, mind you....

53driver
06-27-2016, 08:33 PM
Ya, I wonder who thought that up.....

There's more to that pic than meets the eye! Not complaining, mind you....

It don't matter who dun thunk it up....girls don't kiss who they don't wanna kiss....

:icon_mrgreen:

wjduke
06-27-2016, 08:35 PM
It don't matter who dun thunk it up....girls don't kiss who they don't wanna kiss....

:icon_mrgreen:

Ok, you got me there. I wasn't blushing, that's from the sun.

wjduke
06-27-2016, 08:43 PM
If anybodies interested I've been thinking about starting another thread traveling about 3 hours west of here to visit the the PA Grand Canyon and the PA. Elk herd along SR- 6.

www.visitpago.com/elkviewing/

www.pacanyon.com/

My next trip will be on July 9 down to Gettysburg for their rally swap meet show and a tour the battleground Federal Park.
If anybodies interested type up and I'll work on putting something together.

www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/

www.gettysburgfoundation.org/10

Bob, you're killing me. That's a definite overnighter if I do it.

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 08:51 PM
I don't know about you guys worrying about a little kiss on the cheek. The picture that scared me was the one where she had her hand on his back pocket. That usually takes a few years, a minister, and a lawyer. :shock:

wjduke
06-27-2016, 09:00 PM
I don't know about you guys worrying about a little kiss on the cheek. The picture that scared me was the one where she had her hand on his back pocket. That usually takes a few years, a minister, and a lawyer. :shock:

Bob, you don't miss a beat...

That was playful spanking provoked by a certain instigator on this forum. I know for a fact I don't have to name him.

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 09:00 PM
Bob, you're killing me. That's a definite overnighter if I do it.

Not a problem. You can have her room if you like.:stirthepot:

Just pick the dates you want to go and we'll start a new thread to see who else is interested and can make it.

wjduke
06-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Not a problem. You can have her room if you like.:stirthepot:

Just pick the dates you want to go and we'll start a new thread to see who else is interested and can make it.

That's a loaded statement...."just pick the dates". When will it NOT rain in PA? I'm free every weekend, and more so on the Saturdays I'm off. We only have so many weekends. July 4th is out...the guys might do a Mt Washington ride in August...we have the meet in September....when do the elk do their mating? I'm a city boy, is that something we want to see? :shock:

Oh wait...just went back...elk herding, not mating. I thought that was a little weird.

GaTeach
06-27-2016, 09:35 PM
I really wish my phone cooperated with this forum. What a blast. Those pictures are awesome. Thanks Adrian and Ed.

I'll catch up soon.

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 09:51 PM
You know I have the same work schedule every day 7 days a week work, work, work but then again I forgot what a schedule is.
I don't know which Saturdays you have off. So tell me what are the best weekends for you. If you can get out here on a Friday night it would give us plenty of time for either ride. I think the elk start their bugling in August.

Then we just have to hear from the others who are interested.

PS. Of course we'll have to find out when 109 is going to be in FL to assure good riding weather.:stirthepot:

Bob Penn
06-27-2016, 09:55 PM
I really wish my phone cooperated with this forum. What a blast. Those pictures are awesome. Thanks Adrian and Ed.

I'll catch up soon.

Hey lady you never told us did you get there in time. I've been worried!!

GaTeach
06-27-2016, 10:05 PM
I made it! The plane carryin the group from Utah was late so we got a late start anyway.

Today we had a lecture from a former CIA guy and then we got on a charter bus and went to the 9/11 Memorial. Holy shit.

wjduke
06-28-2016, 04:42 AM
You know I have the same work schedule every day 7 days a week work, work, work but then again I forgot what a schedule is.
I don't know which Saturdays you have off. So tell me what are the best weekends for you. If you can get out here on a Friday night it would give us plenty of time for either ride. I think the elk start their bugling in August.

Then we just have to hear from the others who are interested.

PS. Of course we'll have to find out when 109 is going to be in FL to assure good riding weather.:stirthepot:

Bob, don't schedule this around me. See if there's any interest, and I'll try to work around it. I work until 5 during the week. Not sure I want to get through Providence during rush hour. It'll be a 5 hour trip instead of 4.

Just for info, I'm off Saturday's 7/9, 7/23, 8/6, 8/20, and 9/3. After that it's the rally.

Bob Penn
06-28-2016, 04:59 AM
I made it! The plane carryin the group from Utah was late so we got a late start anyway.

Today we had a lecture from a former CIA guy and then we got on a charter bus and went to the 9/11 Memorial. Holy shit.

Glad to hear you made it without meeting any :cop2:. Silly people like me worry about keeping to a schedule while airlines don't seem to care.
Now I feel bad sending you off without a sandwich.:eat1:

Which 9/11 memorial? Did you go to the one in New York City?

Bob Penn
06-28-2016, 05:17 AM
Bob, don't schedule this around me. See if there's any interest, and I'll try to work around it. I work until 5 during the week. Not sure I want to get through Providence during rush hour. It'll be a 5 hour trip instead of 4.

Just for info, I'm off Saturday's 7/9, 7/23, 8/6, 8/20, and 9/3. After that it's the rally.

7/9 I'll be doing the Gettysburg thing. 8/20 would be perfect for the elk/canyon run. By then they will be bugling to attract mates.
The only problem is I don't know if 109 will be in PA.:stirthepot: It only took 22 pages to get this last run in think we can beat that record?

Riding in PA is beautiful in the October colors! So we have time.:icon_lol:

Anybody else interested???

wjduke
06-28-2016, 06:22 AM
7/9 I'll be doing the Gettysburg thing. 8/20 would be perfect for the elk/canyon run. By then they will be bugling to attract mates.
The only problem is I don't know if 109 will be in PA.:stirthepot: It only took 22 pages to get this last run in think we can beat that record?

Riding in PA is beautiful in the October colors! So we have time.:icon_lol:

Anybody else interested???
If 8/20 works, I'll be there. Stay over, leave Sunday. I'll think about a Friday night.

GaTeach
06-28-2016, 09:52 PM
I found a picture of what Bob Penn's back yard looks like in the morning.

53driver
06-28-2016, 10:05 PM
I found a picture of what Bob Penn's back yard looks like in the morning.

:shhh: Which dwarf is he?

:icon_rolleyes:

:stirthepot:

Bob Penn
06-29-2016, 07:31 AM
:shhh: Which dwarf is he?

:icon_rolleyes:

:stirthepot:

Hey I took that picture that's teach in the middle. There's no bear in it.

Then again living in the strip mall called Florida you wouldn't know that.:moon:

GaTeach
06-29-2016, 10:04 PM
Snow White. That's me. Lol. Pure as the driven snow. Isn't that how y'all put it up here where it actually snows?

shooter
06-29-2016, 10:44 PM
Sometimes our snow is kinda dirty Teach.

ReserveBum
06-30-2016, 06:43 AM
I had to leave early Monday morning on a business trip so did not get a chance to reply until now. Great ride...enjoyed it all. Thanks Bob for setting it up. Good to see you all. Plus got to test out how far my 6 can go between gas stops.....253.9 miles. Took 6.3 gallons. Sweated that one and was very happy to see that Exxon station

Nightwing_67
06-30-2016, 03:55 PM
Snow White. That's me. Lol. Pure as the driven snow. Isn't that how y'all put it up here where it actually snows?
Lol...how can DRIVEN snow be pure?....there has to be at least one set of tracks...lmao, :icon_lol:

Bob Penn
06-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Hey Snow White, you should have been here this morning. All the kids were here including the bear. Unfortunately she had to make a meeting and left early. The rest of us sat on the deck ate honey sandwiches and planed how to attack unsuspecting drivers. So don't go out riding in any pumpkin coaches. They know what you drive :039:

GaTeach
07-04-2016, 10:20 PM
.when do the elk do their mating? I'm a city boy, is that something we want to see? :shock:

Oh wait...just went back...elk herding, not mating. I thought that was a little weird.

omg I'm dying

GaTeach
07-04-2016, 10:22 PM
I had to leave early Monday morning on a business trip so did not get a chance to reply until now. Great ride...enjoyed it all. Thanks Bob for setting it up. Good to see you all. Plus got to test out how far my 6 can go between gas stops.....253.9 miles. Took 6.3 gallons. Sweated that one and was very happy to see that Exxon station

It was so good to meet you! 6.3 gallons. Lol yep

GaTeach
07-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Hey Snow White, you should have been here this morning. All the kids were here including the bear. Unfortunately she had to make a meeting and left early. The rest of us sat on the deck ate honey sandwiches and planed how to attack unsuspecting drivers. So don't go out riding in any pumpkin coaches. They know what you drive :039:

I sure wish you would come see me in Georgia. We'd have a blast. Of course now that I know you a little better, I'll be carrying more than one. Better have a back up with you Yankees around.

shooter
07-06-2016, 02:23 PM
omg I'm dying

He's a little naive.

wjduke
07-06-2016, 03:27 PM
He's a little naive.
I'm learning from the best though, aren't I....

shooter
07-06-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't know about that. I've been around the block a couple times but no claim to fame. I was raised on a farm though. No Sheep 53!!

53driver
07-06-2016, 04:45 PM
I don't know about that. I've been around the block a couple times but no claim to fame. I was raised on a farm though. No Sheep 53!!

Really? So, you prefer goats? Or perhaps Elsie the cow?

shooter
07-06-2016, 04:59 PM
You are so predictable.

53driver
07-06-2016, 07:13 PM
You are so predictable.

Keeps me in control.....

GaTeach
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
He's a little naive.

I'm still laughing.

GaTeach
07-23-2016, 10:06 PM
He's a little naive.

Suezanna, Anna, and I came through the Great Smoky park tonight and the elk were out. Mating. Or herding. Or whatever it is they do. Did you figure it out yet, Yankee?

wjduke
07-24-2016, 03:23 AM
Suezanna, Anna, and I came through the Great Smoky park tonight and the elk were out. Mating. Or herding. Or whatever it is they do. Did you figure it out yet, Yankee?

Not really...is herding the first step to mating? Maybe you need to explain it to me, Belle!