PDA

View Full Version : North East Meet and Greet

Pages : [1] 2

Bob Penn
03-20-2016, 08:41 AM
This is a carry over from a recent thread called new friends.
There we voted on trying a meet and greet on April 10. All are welcome to come and ride with other F6B owners and compare bikes and see added options and bust some stones. If you have some friends who ride, but haven't seen the F6 light yet bring them along. Maybe we can help.

The current plan is:

Meet at the Port Jarvis I-84 welcome center 10 AM depart at 10:30 sharp so all colors had time to get there. We'll be following route 209 S through the park (it's about 25 miles of cars and bikes only, no trucks allowed). We'll then stop at the Bush kill water fall reception area giving all colors time to catch up. Then on to River road about 10 miles of twisty park road on the way down to the, Delaware water gap. Then farther down to the Apple Tree bakery in the town of Water Gap for lunch. From there it will be up to the riders to decide weather to ride the Jersey side back up north to I-84 or ride back up through the Poconos to I-84. Those coming up from Jersey may decide to start heading back on I-80 with new stories and new friends.

All this of course will depend on the weather and input from the participants. So please chime in and let us know of your coming and your ideas.

A rain date if necessary will be set at a future time

wjduke
03-20-2016, 09:55 AM
What town is that welcome center in? I think it's a bit too far one way for me.

zzh54
03-20-2016, 05:09 PM
The welcome center is the first exit in Pa. I am all good for the April 10. It says put in what you like to do, well riding around works for me, the rest are just details ( they mean nothing) I will need to be home Monday morning by 7 am for work. lol

DMAGOLDRDR
03-20-2016, 06:51 PM
It all looks good for me...

wjduke, Matamoras PA I believe is the first town over the NY PA line. Only 75 miles for me....Probably 250 miles from you.

RickJ
03-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Sounds intriguing. It's almost 3 hours from me...I'm a definate...maybe.

Delta
03-20-2016, 09:40 PM
If it wasn't 5 hours from me, I'd be there. I sure could use a meal at the Milford Diner. Always drive that area on the way to the Blue Ridge Parkway every year. You guys sure have some nice riding down there in Pa.

wjduke
03-21-2016, 04:33 AM
It all looks good for me...

wjduke, Matamoras PA I believe is the first town over the NY PA line. Only 75 miles for me....Probably 250 miles from you.
It's a tick over 4 hours per mapquest. 8 hour round trip just travel time is tough this time of year. Leave in the dark and come home in the dark, but, I'm thinking about it! Weather and temps will play a big role. That date is the two year anniversary of my accident too. :shock:

Bob Penn
03-21-2016, 07:33 AM
Sounds intriguing. It's almost 3 hours from me...I'm a definate...maybe.

Ahh, come on, If you leave by 7:15 am you'll be here in plenty of time, unless of course, you have one of those slower colors

vmaxed
03-21-2016, 08:08 AM
2hr for me via I84 128 miles...I'll meet Dan in Danbury :icon_wink:

Pap
03-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Looks like about 5 hrs for me with 8 sections of road construction. We would probably opt for finding lodging for Saturday night near there. Weather would need to be nice to consider, but not out of the question yet.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-21-2016, 12:38 PM
2hr for me via I84 128 miles...I'll meet Dan in Danbury :icon_wink:

FYI Ed,,, the VRCC Breakfast is the same Sunday, so I will NOT be at the Goldroc. This PA ride looks like it is shaping up to be much more fun.

vmaxed
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM
FYI Ed,,, the VRCC Breakfast is the same Sunday, so I will NOT be at the Goldroc. This PA ride looks like it is shaping up to be much more fun.

If it rains I'll go to the Goldrock :icon_lol:

RickJ
03-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Ahh, come on, If you leave by 7:15 am you'll be here in plenty of time, unless of course, you have one of those slower colors

Slow color...but the bike is effing FAST, I usually arrive before the color. Yeah, I'm getting closer...maybe get a room for the night. I COULD do it in one day but I'm retired! what's the hurry!?

Bob Penn
03-24-2016, 09:06 AM
If it rains I'll go to the Goldrock :icon_lol:

If it rains I'm going back to bed.

Check back on this thread on Thursday April 7 and again on Friday the 8th. I'll post the area forecast for the area. Then on the 9th. We'll make the final decision. On, Off, or postponed to another agreeable date.

Today's forecast is for sun temp's in the low 70's. By for now I have some riding to do.

bigbuffalo
03-27-2016, 09:04 AM
See you all there.

Bob Penn
03-28-2016, 06:01 AM
See you all there.

Welcome, We'll be looking forward to meeting you.

ReserveBum
03-28-2016, 07:58 AM
Another "definitely maybe"

wjduke
03-28-2016, 12:27 PM
long range forecast looks crappy...hope it changes.

Bob Penn
03-29-2016, 07:26 AM
long range forecast looks crappy...hope it changes.

I don't know about that. As I see it there's an Arctic cold front dropping down this week end, Sat the 2 and Sunday the 3 rd. Nasty cold!!
Then starting Monday it starts moving north. The warm up will begin on Tuesday as the weather flow will be from the west and south filling in behind the Arctic front. That air out west looks pretty warm and it should draw up some even warmer air from the south.
If I were planning a fishing trip I'd say it looks pretty good for the week end of the 10th.

wjduke
03-29-2016, 07:35 AM
Hope you're right. I want this to happen. Weather channel shows 50/60% chance of precip Saturday, 30% on Sunday. Things change that far out. Wish it showed more sunshine though.

zzh54
03-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Maybe you guys have different Weather Reporters, but the ones I have can not accurately tell me what tomorrow will bring, no less a week and half out :icon_rolleyes:

Bob Penn
03-30-2016, 05:38 AM
If we can't argue about the weather what can we argue about? I'm too old to argue about women and too schooled to argue with them. :yikes::catfight:
As I originally stated check back here on the 7, 8, 9, for the local forecast then on the 10th hold your hand out, if it comes back dry you can bet it's not raining.

DMAGOLDRDR
03-30-2016, 06:19 AM
I'm leaving for Antigua in the morning and will try to bring some warm Caribbean air back with me for our Sunday ride.

Seeing that I'm going there for my daughters wedding I'm guessing the only thing I can bring back will be free warm air, because my pockets will surely be empty !!

see you all on the 10th in PA

shooter
03-30-2016, 06:28 AM
Maybe you guys have different Weather Reporters, but the ones I have can not accurately tell me what tomorrow will bring, no less a week and half out :icon_rolleyes:

You got that right 54. I wish u could make that kind of money for screwing up that bad.

wjduke
03-30-2016, 06:32 AM
I'm leaving for Antigua in the morning and will try to bring some warm Caribbean air back with me for our Sunday ride.

Seeing that I'm going there for my daughters wedding I'm guessing the only thing I can bring back will be free warm air, because my pockets will surely be empty !!

Safe travels Dan....congrats to your daughter.

wjduke
03-30-2016, 06:40 AM
If we can't argue about the weather what can we argue about? I'm too old to argue about women and too schooled to argue with them. :yikes::catfight:
As I originally stated check back here on the 7, 8, 9, for the local forecast then on the 10th hold your hand out, if it comes back dry you can bet it's not raining.

I've never watched the weather as much as now. I know for a fact I'm not alone. Can't help but watch daily forecasts, and especially when a ride is planned. It's looking better the closer it gets. If I have to try to dodge a few rain drops on Saturday to get there, so be it. My stealth fighter doesn't show much dirt anyway.

vmaxed
03-30-2016, 07:10 AM

B safe Dan...you're going to miss the snow on tuesday :039:

Richie
03-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Looks like fun, i would like to join in if the weather holds out.

Richie

zzh54
03-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Dan, have a great trip. I emptied my pockets twice ( 2 daughters ) I think it was the best money spent, expanding the family. I will pm you and see what time you will be passing me so I can join the ride down to Pa.

Shooter, it always seemed that if I was wrong on my job I would be looking for a new one, I guess I got in the wrong profession.. lol

Delta
03-30-2016, 04:27 PM
I was seriously considering making this Meet and Greet to further explore that area. This afternoon I had a cystoscopy done at the VA. I don't think it will be wise to spend a lot of time in the saddle at this point. The next step is Green Light surgery in 4 to 8 weeks. Damn I hate getting older. I'd like to hold this off so that I can at least do my annual trek to D.C. for Rolling Thunder.

Hoping you guys have the weather gods with you and everyone stays safe. Sounds like a great time being planned by Mr. Bob Penn.

Bob Penn
04-01-2016, 09:01 AM

Yesterday was a fairly nice day (66 degrees) here, except for the wind it would have been a perfect riding day.
I have been nursing a growing hanker'en for a hot dog and a good piece of apple pie so I took the 4 hour ride covering our planned route. Poor me having to ride while others work. Nobody knows how I suffer when I think about how I suffer.
At the Apple Pie bakery I spoke to the owner who gave me the attached brochure. She also reminded me about her home made pot pies, so I never did get a chance for the hot dog. Dang it! Oh well maybe on the 10th. Poor Me!
She also asked me to give her a call if our group got large so she could put a few more hot dogs on the grill. She said more bikers are already showing up this year. Seems the word is getting out.
Maybe tomorrow or Sunday I'll post the itinerary with the mileage and planned stops. Stay tuned.

Bob Penn
04-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Here's the route and schedule

Meet at the PA welcome center in Matamoras, PA . It is located off I-84. The first exit after crossing the Delaware coming from NY state. It's right on State route 209. Meet time will be 10 am planned departure time 10:30 am.

Coming out of the welcome center make a left onto SR 209 south. Follow the signs toward Milford PA. (A number of motels are in Milford on SR 209 if needed).
Once in Milford you will come to a light follow the signs turning left to 209 South.
209 is the main road going thru the National park. Along the road you will see many pull offs and trail heads. There is a burn area that was recently burned over by the PA game commission to plant new summer grass to promote wild life. This is after all open to the public for small and large game hunting. As is the whole Federal park.
You will note the river on your left is the Delaware which we will be following down to the town of Water Gap.
Approximately 15 miles down from the welcome center is the Dingman's Falls parking area. The road was closed on Thursday but I was told it may be opened for the weekend. Either way we have an option to either walk the road in to see the falls (1 mile walk) or continue on down if road is not open.
From here turn back onto 209 S for 12 miles and out of the park. In approx. 14 miles and you'll see signs for the Fernwood resort. There is a traffic light there at River road. On your left you'll see a small ski area, make that left onto River road. Your going back into the park.
Be careful on this road. It's real twisted fun but the turns are sharp and the ups and downs will un-weight your bike making for real technical riding. Leave plenty of room between you and the bike in front of you.
A little ways down there's a model airplane area if anybodies interested in watching them fly.
Ignore any signs you see going back to rt 209 stay on River rd. You'll be going past the PGA, Shawnee golf course and the Shawnee General Store bear left and go by the front of the store. Follow the road and you'll go under a railroad bridge and I-80 past another PA welcome center to a traffic light there make a left onto SR-611. about a quarter mile into the town you'll see the Apple Tree Bakery on your left.
OK, it's time for lunch and BS. You have 45 minutes.

Coming out of the Apple Tree you'll make a right turn and follow the signs back to I-80 west. You'll now have a chance to stretch your 5th gear for approx. 29 miles up the mountain to the Blakeslee SR 115 exit 840. Coming off the ramp bear right follow 115 to the light at jct 940 turn left onto SR 940 (Citgo station on your left WAWA on your right). Approx. 5 miles watch for the sign to Francis E Walter's Dam turn Right and follow the road 3 miles through the state game lands to the dam. 15 minutes for pictures then back out the way we came to SR 940 turn left. Follow 940 back approx 20 miles to traffic light jct 423 (Gulf station on your left). Turn left and follow the road making sure you stop at the stop sign at the one lane bridge.
You'll be going thru a small development and then into state game lands again. Hang on for one of the best short stretches of bike road in PA.
That road will take us back out to a Jct with I-380. Depending on time and personal choice you'll have to make a decision you can book north to the jct with I-84 (about 9 miles) and find your way home or continue down 423 (a back road) to it's jct with SR 196 N to SR 507 N to I-84.
Or if your hungry there's a real good restaurant / bar or an outdoor Barbecue not far away that I can direct you too.
Total ride approx 100 miles
Please if anybody has any suggestions please chime in.
Now we just need the weather. Maybe we should start taking a pole on a preferred optional date?

wjduke
04-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I'll make a late decision. Saturday has showers, but maybe the afternoon will be better. I plan on an overnight. Sunday is ok, but coming home for me will be a cold one. Probably looking at the 40's for a 5 hour ride.

I can adapt to most any other Sunday if this gets postponed, but it's still early.

zzh54
04-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Sounds real good Bob. I am only one vote but if we get weathered out for the 10th, the next 2 weekends ( 17th to 27th ) I will be in Arizona, so the next chance for me would be May 1st. Its all good with what plans everyone makes, I am sure this will not be the last get together. Thanks for the great plans, it sounds like an awesome day.

Pap
04-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Doesn't look promising for us. Temp too cool and damp for a 5 hr ride back.
Maybe we can meet up with you all once it gets closer to summer.
Yeah, we are wimps. Lol

Bob Penn
04-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Heads up! I woke up this morning too 3" of snow here on top of the mountain and 21 degree temps. Worst yet during my morning coffee I watched the long range forecast. This front is moving out today but will be followed by a secondary front coming thru late tonight with more snow. As predicted earlier, this secondary front will be out of here by Tuesday and temps will clime back into the 50's mid week. Unfortunately, the vapor loop is showing the probability of another cold front coming out of Canada next Friday and bringing more snow and cold next weekend.:shock:
It's early yet, but does anyone have a problem with moving the date to May 1? At least by then there will be leaves on some of the trees. I just hope it's not too hot.:icon_razz:

53driver
04-03-2016, 08:13 AM
If anyone wants to join our Pennsylvania brethren on their RTEs on a more permanent basis, my house in Holland, PA is officially up for sale....:stirthepot:

wjduke
04-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Heads up! I woke up this morning too 3" of snow here on top of the mountain and 21 degree temps. Worst yet during my morning coffee I watched the long range forecast. This front is moving out today but will be followed by a secondary front coming thru late tonight with more snow. As predicted earlier, this secondary front will be out of here by Tuesday and temps will clime back into the 50's mid week. Unfortunately, the vapor loop is showing the probability of another cold front coming out of Canada next Friday and bringing more snow and cold next weekend.:shock:
It's early yet, but does anyone have a problem with moving the date to May 1? At least by then there will be leaves on some of the trees. I just hope it's not too hot.:icon_razz:

I'm ok with the change....40's now for both Sat and Sun. Mother Nature isn't so kind sometimes.

vmaxed
04-03-2016, 10:00 AM

OK with me :icon_wink:

bob109
04-03-2016, 10:21 AM

I'll be back from Florida around the 15th of April and will attend if you move the date to May 1st! There will be a lot of anti-skid material on the roads especially with the latest snow fall:icon_frown: That IMHO is worse than ice! Guess we all have to think "SPRING":icon_lol:

Richie
04-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Moving the date, sounds good to me.

Richie

DMAGOLDRDR
04-04-2016, 11:29 AM
OK,,, not funny guys....

Yesterday morning I was in shorts, sandals and a Hawaiian shirt leaving footprints in the sand on an Antigua Beach and this morning I am leaving footprints in the SNOW as I clean off my car to get to work.

Which one of you guys hid the sun and shut the heat off ??????

P.S. any Sunday for the next 6 weeks or so should be good for me.

wjduke
04-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Definite slap in the face! Hope the wedding was nice at least!

DMAGOLDRDR
04-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Definite slap in the face! Hope the wedding was nice at least!

Thanks for asking, it was awesome.

The wedding went on without a single issue. The weather was perfect, and the beach was a great setting.
Walking my beautiful Daughter towards an archway setup on the beach with the Sun setting on the Caribbean horizon sure had me tearing up a bit!! Lucky for me my other Daughter had us both laughing so dear old dad was able to hide it and keep it together.

A great time away even if it was for only four days.

wjduke
04-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks for asking, it was awesome.

The wedding went on without a single issue. The weather was perfect, and the beach was a great setting.
Walking my beautiful Daughter towards an archway setup on the beach with the Sun setting on the Caribbean horizon sure had me tearing up a bit!! Lucky for me my other Daughter had us both laughing so dear old dad was able to hide it and keep it together.

A great time away even if it was for only four days.

:yes:

Pap
04-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Glad you had a great trip/wedding.
Sux to come back to reality!

Nightwing_67
04-04-2016, 02:10 PM
I read there may be a change on the meet ride...

Nightwing_67
04-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Was the date changed to May 1?

DMAGOLDRDR
04-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Was the date changed to May 1?

No definite date change yet that I have seen.

wjduke
04-04-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm going to officially back out of this one. We just got nearly 8" of snow today. 30's next two days, rain the third day, then high's of 42-43 for the weekend. I don't see the bike coming out until next week.

shooter
04-04-2016, 07:27 PM
WUSS!!!!!!!

wjduke
04-05-2016, 04:20 AM
WUSS!!!!!!!

:moon:

RickJ
04-05-2016, 06:31 AM
5 degrees and 6"...that is NOT the length and angle...its cold and powdery.

Bob Penn
04-05-2016, 07:44 AM
It's only Tuesday, but I think, judging by all the forecast I see, that we officially postpone the ride until May 1.

Probably for the best. By then the park should be fully opened for the season and hopefully we'll have some nice riding weather.

I personally could use the extra time to get more riding practice in and to polish and wax my remaining teeth. Because by then the bugs will be out and sticking to any shinny exposed moving surface.

bob109
04-05-2016, 08:27 AM
It's only Tuesday, but I think, judging by all the forecast I see, that we officially postpone the ride until May 1.

Probably for the best. By then the park should be fully opened for the season and hopefully we'll have some nice riding weather.

I personally could use the extra time to get more riding practice in and to polish and wax my remaining teeth. Because by then the bugs will be out and sticking to any shinny exposed moving surface.

Good call! I'll be attending and will bring you some Florida Love Bugs for your smile! No shortage of them this time of year! I'll have several pounds of them attached to the front of my motorhome:shock: by the time I complete my 1100 mile trek to Madisonville:icon_lol:

DMAGOLDRDR
04-05-2016, 09:09 AM
It's only Tuesday, but I think, judging by all the forecast I see, that we officially postpone the ride until May 1. Probably for the best. By then the park should be fully opened for the season and hopefully we'll have some nice riding weather.

I changed the date on my calendar to May 1st 2016 and am looking forward to it.
see you all there......

Bob Penn
04-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Good call! I'll be attending and will bring you some Florida Love Bugs for your smile! No shortage of them this time of year! I'll have several pounds of them attached to the front of my motorhome:shock: by the time I complete my 1100 mile trek to Madisonville:icon_lol:

I'll try my best to get the snow off the road before you get here but please leave the bug carcasses in FL. I hear they have some sort of mosquito down there that may interfere with me having children. At 70 I have enough problems in that area.:icon_lol:

bob109
04-05-2016, 03:16 PM
I'll try my best to get the snow off the road before you get here but please leave the bug carcasses in FL. I hear they have some sort of mosquito down there that may interfere with me having children. At 70 I have enough problems in that area.:icon_lol:

At 67 I'm just happy that "Junior" passes water:shock:

zzh54
04-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Date changed on my calendar. Around here they saying by the weekend 20s at night, mid 40s for daytime highs. Our snow is gone but they played hell with the sand the last couple days, so I feel postponing is a good idea.

Bob Penn
04-07-2016, 07:23 AM
Even though we've officially changed the date to May 1, I thought I'd post the area weather forecast for the original upcoming weekend of April 10.

Temperatures ranging from the 20's to high's in the low 40's with a possibility of 3" of snow.

I think we did the right thing in moving the date, but we could go back and argue about the weather again if you get bored. Sleep tight until the first.

wjduke
04-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Might just be sleeping in until then. The weather looks terrible for a while yet. I rode more in January and February.

Bob Penn
04-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Just a quick note to those who have not kept up! The original date of Sunday the 10 has been changed to Sunday May 1. There will be dancing around the pole from Russia to here on that date.
Reason: as promised here's the latest forecast, 3" -4" of snow today. Tomorrow record low morning temperatures in the upper teens.
The good news is by Tuesday the temps will recover back up to the 60's.

Nightwing_67
04-09-2016, 07:34 AM
Just a quick note to those who have not kept up! The original date of Sunday the 10 has been changed to Sunday May 1. There will be dancing around the pole from Russia to here on that date.
Reason: as promised here's the latest forecast, 3" -4" of snow today. Tomorrow record low morning temperatures in the upper teens.
The good news is by Tuesday the temps will recover back up to the 60's.
'windy':rainyday::snow1::banghead:

Pap
04-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Can't make it to this one.
Spring Gobbler comes in that Saturday. Always go hunting with my boy.
Ride safe and have fun!

RickJ
04-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Sunday May 1...OK let's see what happens.

Bob Penn
04-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Can't make it to this one.
Spring Gobbler comes in that Saturday. Always go hunting with my boy.
Ride safe and have fun!

Ahh Pap come on aren't you supposed to shoot that thing before 9 AM and be out of the woods by 12 noon Saturday. We're not riding until Sunday.

PS If you didn't shoot one by Sunday morning stop by the house and I'll let you feed them.201302013120132

Pap
04-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the offer Bob. The only feed I have for turkey is lead. Lol. If we don't go to camp to hunt, it might be possible.

wjduke
04-11-2016, 10:17 AM
This weekend coming looks awesome...hope May 1st is!

bob109
04-11-2016, 03:08 PM
It's currently 86 degrees in Orange Lake, Florida. I'm departing Wednesday morning for Pa. Hope to bring some of these warm temps with my migration north.:icon_wink: Looking forward for the meet on May 1st. I know dam well I'll be firing up the coal stove and propane heater when I arrive in Madisonville:shock:

Bob Penn
04-12-2016, 08:53 PM
It's currently 86 degrees in Orange Lake, Florida. I'm departing Wednesday morning for Pa. Hope to bring some of these warm temps with my migration north.:icon_wink: Looking forward for the meet on May 1st. I know dam well I'll be firing up the coal stove and propane heater when I arrive in Madisonville:shock:

Not to worry Bob, went down to Tobyhanna creek to help stock the fly stretch for this Saturday's opener. It was beautiful in the mid 50's. Had to take my jacket off on the walk in to prevent deodorant failure. Whats really scary is the forecast for this weekend into Monday is in the 70's. What a deference a week makes. Is your house up here air conditioned?

bob109
04-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Not to worry Bob, went down to Tobyhanna creek to help stock the fly stretch for this Saturday's opener. It was beautiful in the mid 50's. Had to take my jacket off on the walk in to prevent deodorant failure. Whats really scary is the forecast for this weekend into Monday is in the 70's. What a deference a week makes. Is your house up here air conditioned?

Have a window air conditioner in the bedroom which I usually use in July/August. Hoping to put my place on the market when I arrive home. Looking forward to call Florida home and visit Pa. in the summer:icon_wink: When I was a young man and could walk miles with no bother, I fished for "Native Trout".....those stockies are corn fed and rather "mushy" IMHO! See you the 1st of May:039:

bob109

Bob Penn
04-15-2016, 07:26 AM
We may have to postpone the ride again if this weekends forecast is correct!
It may be too hot come the first.:icon_lol:

GONRDN
04-15-2016, 08:43 AM
We may have to postpone the ride again if this weekends forecast is correct!
It may be too hot come the first.:icon_lol:

That was funny.

bob109
04-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Arrived home yesterday morning! Getting the bike out of the trailer after finishing this post and give it a good cleaning and oil change. Want to be ready for May 1st.

Bob Penn
04-17-2016, 06:30 AM
Arrived home yesterday morning! Getting the bike out of the trailer after finishing this post and give it a good cleaning and oil change. Want to be ready for May 1st.

Welcome home Bob!
It's Sunday and the forecast is for Mid 70's. Hope you got all your cleaning and oiling done so you can get out and practice your safety riding skills. There, I gave you the excuse to sneak out of all your relocating chores.

Remember up here we ride when mother nature says yes and common sense and responsibility says no.

bob109
04-17-2016, 06:49 AM
Welcome home Bob!
It's Sunday and the forecast is for Mid 70's. Hope you got all your cleaning and oiling done so you can get out and practice your safety riding skills. There, I gave you the excuse to sneak out of all your relocating chores.

Remember up here we ride when mother nature says yes and common sense and responsibility says no.

Thought I'de take the bike out and warm up the motor prior to the oil change. That task turned into a 120+ mile ride....Rt 6 to 423 to Barreville N.Y. to 92 to Hawks Nest, to I-84 Rest Stop (where we meet up on May 1st) and back home! Temp was in the mid 70+.......as such I'll be doing the oil change after breakfast this a.m.:icon_wink:

Bob Penn
04-18-2016, 07:04 AM
Thought I'de take the bike out and warm up the motor prior to the oil change. That task turned into a 120+ mile ride....Rt 6 to 423 to Barreville N.Y. to 92 to Hawks Nest, to I-84 Rest Stop (where we meet up on May 1st) and back home! Temp was in the mid 70+.......as such I'll be doing the oil change after breakfast this a.m.:icon_wink:

Yep, that's what I've been saying, you can take a NE man and put him in the sun for a full winter but he still remembers his priorities. You have to heat your oil on a beautiful day before you do your work.
Now Bob, you can forget all those southern yarns like "due to fall out you never pee under a coconut tree".

Bob Penn
04-19-2016, 08:18 AM
I happen to be passing one of my favorite pig out buffet spots in Dickson city yesterday called the, Royal, when I noticed a red F6B with a depth charge on the back. Over an hour later I was heading back home and passed in the other direction. That bike was still there. I'm just hopping the owner of that bike didn't put my favorite buffet out of business! I'm pretty sure I know who that owner was and I'm sure he is capable of doing just that, but far be it from me to point my finger and name that culprit. After all he might have been starving after hibernating all wintering in FL. He will have to step up and admit to his plan himself.

I only bring this incident up because one of my questions for next week is how many want to end our ride at a good local restaurant before they start their ride home? If so what kind of food is preferred? The choices would be a good full menu featured place/bar called the Hotel, An open barbecue place for ribs and chicken, or we could even swing by the above mentioned buffet featuring everything from Chinese to pizza and everything in between. Just ask the culprit what he thinks.

Anyway all of the places are near to an easy access (all within 5 miles) to either I-81, I-84, I-380. We should be able to arrive at any of the restaurants by 2:30 - 3 pm at the latest barring any dilly dallying. Then it will be up to you when you finally leave based on how fast you chew.

PS; I would also like to mention you should bring a camera, there are many photographic opportunities along our planned route.

bob109
04-19-2016, 09:38 AM
I happen to be passing one of my favorite pig out buffet spots in Dickson city yesterday called the, Royal, when I noticed a red F6B with a depth charge on the back. Over an hour later I was heading back home and passed in the other direction. That bike was still there. I'm just hopping the owner of that bike didn't put my favorite buffet out of business! I'm pretty sure I know who that owner was and I'm sure he is capable of doing just that, but far be it from me to point my finger and name that culprit. After all he might have been starving after hibernating all wintering in FL. He will have to step up and admit to his plan himself.

That Red 6 with the Depth Charge on back would, of course, have been me:icon_lol: Nothing like a good Chinese Buffet to make my day! Shopping at Lowe's and Home Depot, I happened to be in the vicinity and a man has to do what he has to do:shhh:

wjduke
04-19-2016, 09:54 AM

I only bring this incident up because one of my questions for next week is how many want to end our ride at a good local restaurant before they start their ride home? If so what kind of food is preferred? The choices would be a good full menu featured place/bar called the Hotel, An open barbecue place for ribs and chicken, or we could even swing by the above mentioned buffet featuring everything from Chinese to pizza and everything in between. Just ask the culprit what he thinks.

Anyway all of the places are near to an easy access (all within 5 miles) to either I-81, I-84, I-380. We should be able to arrive at any of the restaurants by 2:30 - 3 pm at the latest barring any dilly dallying. Then it will be up to you when you finally leave based on how fast you chew.

PS; I would also like to mention you should bring a camera, there are many photographic opportunities along our planned route.

When it comes to food, I go where the locals go and chow down. Not fussy.

Bob Penn
04-20-2016, 03:10 AM
OK, Bob 109 is as local as they come and I'll bet he knows of all 3 places I mentioned. He may even be able to add a few. All are above average local eateries. I myself will ride to eat well.

wjduke
04-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Bob, this is looking good, hope it holds up. I'll be one to ride in for Saturday noon, maybe ride the afternoon, and stay over for Sunday. I have your contact info.

DMAGOLDRDR
04-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I'd like to sit, eat and swap stories before heading back. Where ever you choose to eat will be good for me.
I am looking forward to meeting and riding with you all.

wjduke
04-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Because of a 5 hour ride back, I may have to hit the road by 3 or so. Depends on where we land at that time.

bob109
04-23-2016, 07:38 PM
Because of a 5 hour ride back, I may have to hit the road by 3 or so. Depends on where we land at that time.

Many of the folks who will be traveling I-84 for the meet and great will have the same issue. Going talk to Bob Penn about a alternate tour route which will bring all riders back to I-84 which will simplify folks return home. If we spend some time eating and chatting saddle time for the group may be limited. There a lot of great cycle riding roads adjacent to the I-84 corridor and that includes some great diners:icon_wink: Instead of heading south on RT 209 we may be able to do a loop of Rt 97 stopping at "Hawk's Nest, then to the Robeling Bridge which follows the Delaware River, cross the bridge to Rt 590, pass the Zane Grey Museum following Rt 590 through Hawley Pa. and on into Hamlin. There's a great place to eat in Lake Ariel ( Liberty Diner ) which is on Rt 191 and is the return route to I-84 at Twin Rocks which gives a long distance travelers a easy North/South entrance home. This route has zip semi-truck traffic and freshly paved roads with some spectacular scenery and great "sweeper corners". I ride is several times a week:shhh:

Initial meeting place is still the same! Pa. Reception Center after crossing the N.Y. Delaware Bridge when for those traveling West.

wjduke
04-24-2016, 05:02 AM
I wish I wouldn't keep watching the weather...it changes everyday. Saturday is steady, but Sunday is showers one day, sunny the next. Guess I'll have to wait until Friday.

Bob Penn
04-24-2016, 08:12 AM
Just to keep you all up to date on what we're up to Bob 109 and I are planning to run the original planned route tomorrow. Either route ends up in the same area with easy jct.access to I-380, I-80, I-84, or I-81. all within 8 miles or less.
Please let us know your favorite food choice. Barbecue (served in an outdoor picnic table area), a full restaurant/bar, a dinner, or a very large Chinese/American buffet. REMEMBER your VOTE counts!

If at all possible we would also like to know if you plan on coming and how many are in your group. If we have that information we can fore warn the selected food stops (If the group gets large) to prepare for our group. We can also set up a possible wait for plan if someone is running late and we know they are coming.

OK, now who wants to argue about the weather?:moon:

Richie
04-24-2016, 10:50 AM
How far is the end point from the start point? It would seem that Bob's rte would end back at the start point.
This would matter more to those that are riding 5 hours to get there than the ones that live near bye.
People from CT, Ma, or upstate NY would not want to ride farther to get home than they did to get there.
I live in Walden NY only 35 miles from starting point so not a big deal for me.

Richie

Bob Penn
04-24-2016, 07:43 PM
How far is the end point from the start point? It would seem that Bob's rte would end back at the start point.
This would matter more to those that are riding 5 hours to get there than the ones that live near bye.
People from CT, Ma, or upstate NY would not want to ride farther to get home than they did to get there.
I live in Walden NY only 35 miles from starting point so not a big deal for me.

Richie

No, Bob 109's ending point and mine are approx. the same right off I-84. The dinner he suggested in Lake Ariel is actually further from the jct with I-84 by about 5 miles. It still depends on which restaurant we pick to end at. The barbecue place is in, Hamlin. You have to go through Hamlin up 191 5 miles north to get to Lake Ariel. The Hotel is south and closer to that I-84 jct. All are approx. 20 miles west or about 15 to 20 minutes from the starting point at highway speeds on I-84.

wjduke
04-24-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm a rookie at this, so bear with me...will I need to reserve a room someplace? I wouldn't think so before Memorial Day but...also, is there one preferred over the others?

bob109
04-24-2016, 09:11 PM
I'm a rookie at this, so bear with me...will I need to reserve a room someplace? I wouldn't think so before Memorial Day but...also, is there one preferred over the others?

There's a Comfort Inn located just off I-84! Here's the info! Should you need a room this Motel is 1st class!

http://r.search.yahoo.com/cbclk2/dWU9QzQ5NEM3QUYyQzU4NEQ3RCZ1dD0xNDYxNTUwMDA0NjkzJn VvPTMxMjYzMzUzMDUmbHQ9MiZlcz0ybnc5ekt3R1BTXzVZTnF2 JmplPTVjMGZlY2Y4LTBhOGEtMTFlNi05YWY4LTAwOGNmYTViNj JmYy03ZmRlZTU3ZGE3MDAmdWk9OTguMTExLjIuMjUyJmp0PTE0 NjE1NTAwMDQ3NjgmcHA9bjI-/RV=2/RE=1461578805/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2f780586.r.msn.com%2f%3fld%3dd3ESguu GK0MEPkq4SyLlVtqjVUCUyXDJrN4uZRUGmMQ2Scjk5V5IPfvyk GTNCJ0WVMyYLBcSjLp-GIEitJuHaYycn5cXmX6gJQftcP68mOZ7DbTSc1MDX4tVxwncPT 8nWbuma-V5eqm-qRvZT5hldV3nCudwmluu2Vyo9EXxXDISSBp4VF%26u%3dhttp% 253a%252f%252fclickserve.dartsearch.net%252flink%2 52fclick%253flid%253d43700010215618246%2526ds_s_kw gid%253d58700001149529964%2526ds_e_adid%253d312633 5305%2526ds_url_v%253d2%2526ds_dest_url%253dhttp%2 53a%252f%252fwww.reservationcounter.com%252fhotels %252fshow%252f109782%253fTID%253dj1Bldpst_dc%257cp crid%257c3126335305%2526utm_source%253dbing%2526ut m_medium%253dcpc%2526utm_term%253dcomfort%252520in n%252520pocono%252520lakes%252520region%2526utm_ca mpaign%253dHotel%252bChain%252b-%252bC%2526keyword%253dcomfort%252520inn%252520poc ono%252520lakes%252520region%2526hotelid%253d10978 2/RK=0/RS=01207dFhrwpAuBk8di3nIjoMdRM-;_ylt=A0LEVry0ex1XrFkAjmcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTB2cTMwMW o5BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNvdi10b3A-;_ylc=X3IDMgRydAMx?p=comfort+Inn+pocono+Lakes+regi on&cssc=L1ZqL3ud29ZJjMVnxxCwJgnKeGavlXd.YAU_H3jC3tPCM OdkTVr1zL82BHlNg8YcrGV4oaPxYmwZA4M4Z5SGXGTGK5.2Z.J G6zm.gC1OcBA.xmnEq.9dATusMU1Bib6H4e7zGFPN7.g9ElaaC 6w-

Richie
04-24-2016, 09:46 PM
No, Bob 109's ending point and mine are approx. the same right off I-84. The dinner he suggested in Lake Ariel is actually further from the jct with I-84 by about 5 miles. It still depends on which restaurant we pick to end at. The barbecue place is in, Hamlin. You have to go through Hamlin up 191 5 miles north to get to Lake Ariel. The Hotel is south and closer to that I-84 jct. All are approx. 20 miles west or about 15 to 20 minutes from the starting point at highway speeds on I-84.

Thanks Bob, sounds good.

Richie

wjduke
04-25-2016, 04:36 AM
Thanks Bob109...room is booked. Come on Mother Nature...be kind.

bob109
04-25-2016, 05:53 AM
Thanks Bob109...room is booked. Come on Mother Nature...be kind.

The Motel is adjacent to Twin Rocks Diner. They have good food at reasonable prices and the service is just as good. You'll be a mere block and a half from I-84:039:

DMAGOLDRDR
04-25-2016, 06:36 AM
I'm still in for sure. As for food, I'm a Diner fan but who doesn't love good BBQ.

Nightwing_67
04-25-2016, 06:44 AM
Is the meet time still 10am? I will not be able to do the ride but i would like to go and meet you guys before you go on your way.

vmaxed
04-25-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm in, any food for me :cheers:

zzh54
04-25-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm in and I mentioned it to my buddy, but he not a definite. I will get an answer when I return home. as for eats I will go with the flow, diner or BBQ is all good.

dksmith
04-25-2016, 06:35 PM
I'm in. It will be nice to see other F6Bs.
Dave

Bob Penn
04-26-2016, 05:02 AM
I met Bob 109 yesterday morning at the local truck stop and he bragged he had a full tank of gas. So we ran the original planed route in reverse. We left the truck stop at 10:40 am.
We took I-380 down to SR 423 (my personal favorite winding road) over to the dam and then down I-80 to the Apple Pie bakery for a dog and pie lunch. With coffee it cost $4.99 but the place could be hell for a person on a diet and a budget. The owner warned me on Sunday she will have the outdoor barbecue going and the next door dinner open.
Then we got the first of the bad news. They are working on a bridge so there was a 2 mile detour before we got on River road. Not a big deal. Once on the road I think Bob enjoyed the technical ride through the National park to the water fall. I'm sorry about the side turned picture but if you really want to know what I look like you'll have to turn your head or your monitor. I know I'm too lazy to right the ship!
I think Bob enjoyed the short walk in to see the falls and the native trout in the stream. It's a truly beautiful place. It will be our first stop Sunday morning.
The second bit of bad news Bob said he passed the Barbecue place in Hamlin last Sunday and it was still closed for the season. So I took a ride up there and confirmed that it will not open until May 6.
There is another place right on the road (SR-507) off I-380 leading to the jct I-84 called the Irish pub with good thick Hamburgers, pizza and clams in garlic sauce. Or we can continue down 507 to the Hotel /bar, It is owned by an X chef from the NYC Americana restaurant. They have high quality food including over 60 sandwiches plus steaks prime ribs etc to fit any budget.
My vote is for the Hotel. It's The closest to where the planed ride ends. It's right on the way to I-84 and the original starting point for those going that way.

The third bit of bad news is Bob's tank is empty.

The meeting time will be at 10 am at the reception center off I-84 in Matamoras, PA. Make sure you have a full fuel tank. We will Leave the center at 10:30 am Sharp. Our first stop will be at Dingman's falls reception area 14 miles south on SR-209 if your late and want to catch up. Departing the falls at 11:15.am. On to the Apple Tree Bakery in the town of Delaware Water gap should arrive there 11:45. Depart there 12:15 to the Dam arrive 1 pm leave there 1:15. arrive at the restaurant 2 PM. Depart at your leisure with 100 + miles on your bike and an almost empty fuel tank.

Bob Penn
04-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Here's a picture of Bob 109 at the falls, the dam tower and a section of the reservoir

wjduke
04-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Bob, I should be at the welcome center around noon Saturday. Can't check in until after 2, so I'd be looking to eat and ride a bit. I can meet up closer to the hotel too. Let me know if anything is going on. Anyone else coming in the day before?

bob109
04-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Bob, I should be at the welcome center around noon Saturday. Can't check in until after 2, so I'd be looking to eat and ride a bit. I can meet up closer to the hotel too. Let me know if anything is going on. Anyone else coming in the day before?

I'll meet you at the reception center, take a little breather and then give you a tour of Hawk's Nest. We can stop at the Port Jervis diner for some good food. The route will bring us right to the door step of your motel. We could end with some pie and coffee at Twin Rock's Diner which is right next to your Motel. Sunday morning I'll meet up with you and return to the reception center. Approximately 30 minutes from the motel.

bob109

bob109
04-26-2016, 07:40 AM
Here's a picture of Bob 109 at the falls, the dam tower and a section of the reservoir

I look better upright......just not ready to go horizontal yet:icon_wink:

wjduke
04-26-2016, 07:44 AM
I'll meet you at the reception center, take a little breather and then give you a tour of Hawk's Nest We can stop at the Port Jervis diner for some good food. The route will bring us right to the door step of your motel. We could end with some pie and coffee at Twin Rock's Diner which is right next to your Motel. Sunday morning morning I'll meet up with you and return to the reception center. Approximately 30 minutes from the motel.

bob109

Sounds great. I guess I'm about 4 hours away...planning on hitting the road by 7:30 the latest. You guys like your pie!:joke:

bob109
04-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Sounds great. I guess I'm about 4 hours away...planning on hitting the road by 7:30 the latest. You guys like your pie!:joke:

Good Food, Good Friends & Good Motorcycles........doesn't get any better:icon_lol:

Bob Penn
04-26-2016, 09:22 AM
That meet and ride on Saturday sounds like a great idea. Maybe there will be some others who will want to join that ride too. The Hawks nest pull overs are a great scenic spots to see the eagles and hawks fly. The bridge and the museum just add to it.
Bob do you know the name of that Biker's bar/restaurant that everybody used to stop at just south of the Gob. bridge turn on 97 down by the river? Is it even open? It should be noted this entire area is bike country and for good reason.

I bet you went horizontal Monday when you got home!! I know I did right after I had a piece of pie.

wjduke
04-26-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm into two rides...need the morning to get there, that's all...

bob109
04-26-2016, 09:53 AM
That meet and ride on Saturday sounds like a great idea. Maybe there will be some others who will want to join that ride too. The Hawks nest pull overs are a great scenic spots to see the eagles and hawks fly. The bridge and the museum just add to it.
Bob do you know the name of that Biker's bar/restaurant that everybody used to stop at just south of the Gob. bridge turn on 97 down by the river? Is it even open? It should be noted this entire area is bike country and for good reason.

I bet you went horizontal Monday when you got home!! I know I did right after I had a piece of pie.

Last week I was by the Bar ( Grand Rapids ) you were referring to and it was closed. There were several truck loads of crushed stone in the parking lot. There's a great watering hole in Barrysville. We'll have plenty to do and see along the route. There's just too dang many good places to eat:shhh: I anticipate we'll have 2.5 hours on the road before we get WJDuke to the Comfort Inn. That includes time to get some great pics of the scenery i.e Hawk's Nest, Robeling Bridge, Zane Gray and the Over Look at the Pack . The roads are in great shape and I'll recheck them this week.

Bob Penn
04-27-2016, 06:23 AM
Here is the current list of those planning on at least Sunday's ride. There may be more coming who haven't committed yet and some bringing friends who are "bike challenged" to add to the pack.
If you are coming please, just reply to the thread so we can add you to the list.
Anyone who also plans on Saturdays ride please let us know.

1. Bob 109
2. wjduke
3. Richie
4. DMAGOLDRDR
5. vmaxed
6. zzh54
7. dksmith
8. Bob penn

9. Nightwing_67 (will meet but can't make the ride)

wjduke
04-27-2016, 06:47 AM
The darn weather changes every day it seems and Sunday there, as of today, doesn't look great. I'm still willing to come in Saturday and make that my ride if you guys are available and have to postpone Sunday. I know bob109 is. It's not supposed to rain here, so the ride back in some showers for a short time won't make me cancel. I don't want to postpone anything, trust me on that.

zzh54
04-27-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm in. It will be nice to see other F6Bs.
Dave

Hey Dave, if you still going to the meet, let me know we could meet at exit 11 off 84 gas station at top of ramp on right. Just give me a time, I'm figuring hour to Welcome Center. thanks Jeff

Bob Penn
04-28-2016, 04:41 AM
This morning's local forecast is sunny on Saturday with temps in the low 60's. Sunday isn't looking good with possible showers in the afternoon. This is based on a currently stalled front forecast to move north on Sunday bringing rain and temps around 60.

What's the general opinion? Should we hold off making a final decision or hold off until tomorrows forecast?

How do you feel about moving the date to Sunday next week May 8?

wjduke
04-28-2016, 06:38 AM
I kind of put my eggs in this weekends basket. For my selfish reasons, I'm still looking to head out there Saturday and ride with whoever can make it. bob109 has offered so far. I have the room booked and will ride home in the am, rain or not. I would have cut Sunday short with travel anyway, and feel that I can get a full day of touring in this way.

Now in no way am I trying to change anyone's plans. If the main ride gets changed to the 8th, I'll pass on that one and can always catch the next.

I'll be at the reception center around 11-11:30 Saturday.

bob109
04-28-2016, 07:02 AM
I kind of put my eggs in this weekends basket. For my selfish reasons, I'm still looking to head out there Saturday and ride with whoever can make it. bob109 has offered so far. I have the room booked and will ride home in the am, rain or not. I would have cut Sunday short with travel anyway, and feel that I can get a full day of touring in this way.

Now in no way am I trying to change anyone's plans. If the main ride gets changed to the 8th, I'll pass on that one and can always catch the next.

I'll be at the reception center around 11-11:30 Saturday.

My plans are to meet you on Saturday! With temps forecast for the 60's, leathers will be my attire! Still planing on getting you to your motel via the alternate route I described earlier in this thread. Unfortunately we can plan for everything except the weather:icon_frown: Anyone who wants to ride with us on Saturday is more than welcome. If all goes well we should be departing the Reception Center 12:15 or a little after. I'll have the lead Saturday and will ensure all who attend a pleasurable and scenic ride:icon_wink:

wjduke
04-28-2016, 07:14 AM
My plans are to meet you on Saturday! With temps forecast for the 60's, leathers will be my attire! Still planing on getting you to your motel via the alternate route I described earlier in this thread. Unfortunately we can plan for everything except the weather:icon_frown: Anyone who wants to ride with us on Saturday is more than welcome. If all goes well we should be departing the Reception Center 12:15 or a little after.

I don't need to be at the hotel early for any reason. My overnight stuff will be in the saddlebags. Check in isn't until after 2, so we can head out and ride, hopefully others can join.

Bob Penn
04-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Just saw the noon forecast, the prediction is now 90% for rain to start late Saturday night and all day Sunday. The good news is a warmer then average May.

My bad, forget the 8th that's Mother's day. We'll have to move it to at least May 15. State your pleasure.

DMAGOLDRDR
04-28-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't think I can make the 15th but the 22nd is fine.
If the rest of the folks go 15th I'll stay as a probably not, but try.

wjduke
04-28-2016, 02:20 PM
I might do it a second time...I'll follow along for now. I won't book a room so quick though! I work until noon every other Saturday. It would affect my arrival time, that's all.

Bob Penn
04-29-2016, 07:24 AM
This mornings forecast is for temps in the 50's with a possible high of 60 for Saturday with possible light showers. Heavy rain starting around 10:30 pm and continuing all day Sunday into Monday temps in the lower to mid 50's.
Duke, I can't tell you what to do but if I were you I'd get busy and cancel your reservation for Saturday night. Sunday will not be a day to ride anything without a roof and a heater. If you want to still come out and ride Saturday fine, but plan on leaving for home before 4 PM . I know that would be one long hard day in the saddle for anybody.

Shall we try again for a Sunday ride. Possible dates May 15, 22, or the 29. Please type your preferred date. Majority wins. If we keep making plans at least it may solve our drought problem.:duck:

AHHH darn, now we're back faced with the great restaurant debate. The barbecue place will be opened by then.:icon_lol:

zzh54
04-29-2016, 07:58 AM
I will try to go with the flow. I normally have weekends free, so unless unforeseen objects pop up, I be good.

A s for this weekend, anyone still meeting Saturday at the Welcome center??? It's only about 45 minutes for me and be willing to show up for a ride.

Jeff

DMAGOLDRDR
04-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Shall we try again for a Sunday ride. Possible dates May 15, 22, or the 29. Please type your preferred date. Majority wins. If we keep making plans at least it may solve our drought problem.:duck:AHHH darn, now we're back faced with the great restaurant debate. The barbecue place will be opened by then.:icon_lol:

May 29th is Memorial Day weekend. I'll be at Rolling Thunder

wjduke
04-29-2016, 08:39 AM
This is a get away weekend for me. I've ridden in the rain before. I'm riding out to the rally and it won't be all sunshine then either. If I can get a ride in some of Saturday, I'll be satisfied. If anyone wants to meet up, I'll be there 11:30 or so. I looked at the map and can do some riding on my own too, so don't feel obligated. I need a break and a ride!
For what it's worth...the forecast I see on weather channel there says no rain until later in the day. I know for sure I'll come back in the rain.

wjduke
04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
I prefer the 15th, only because that's an off weekend for me. The 22nd would work too. I don't think the 29th is a good travel weekend.

Bob Penn
04-29-2016, 09:27 AM
May 29th is Memorial Day weekend. I'll be at Rolling Thunder

Opps, my bad your right! Bad day for our ride. Then again I didn't even remember the 8th is Mother's day. Thanks for the reminder.:icon_redface:

Now about the 15th are you sure your only a maybe! We sure could use the rain.:icon_lol:

Bob Penn
04-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Now about tomorrow. If it ain't raining when I wake up (seems like there should be another if in there someplace). I'm riding. I'll be there before 11:30. Leathers and long Johns attired.

wjduke
04-29-2016, 10:07 AM
I look forward to meeting anyone who feels up to it! What's this about a deer whistle. We have a guy here, call him Dr. Doom, who say's I'm nuts without on out there.

DMAGOLDRDR
04-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Opps, my bad your right! Bad day for our ride. Then again I didn't even remember the 8th is Mother's day. Thanks for the reminder.:icon_redface:

Now about the 15th are you sure your only a maybe! We sure could use the rain.:icon_lol:

I'm always torn this time of year. It hurts when I can't get a Sunday to ride BUT... I am in the Lawn Mower sales & repair business so rain makes the grass grow and that brakes mowers which in turn gives me work and makes me money to support my Motorcycle addiction.

bob109
04-29-2016, 10:52 AM
I look forward to meeting anyone who feels up to it! What's this about a deer whistle. We have a guy here, call him Dr. Doom, who say's I'm nuts without on out there.

I'll be at the Reception Center to meet you! You have my number! After all arrive we'll be on our way! Going to take the tour route I earlier described. We'll be off the inter-states highways for the entire ride. No fuss or ado, just a good ride ending at the Comfort Inn. Those returning home Saturday afternoon can literally jump on I-84 for their return home. Clothing suggestion......leathers...i.e. Jacket, Chaps and Long Gloves:icon_wink: and of course Rain Gear:shhh:

bob109
04-29-2016, 10:54 AM
I will try to go with the flow. I normally have weekends free, so unless unforeseen objects pop up, I be good.

A s for this weekend, anyone still meeting Saturday at the Welcome center??? It's only about 45 minutes for me and be willing to show up for a ride.

Jeff

I'm still on! See you there!

bob109

bob109
04-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Folks:

I'll be Ride Captain for Saturdays Ride! I know the route soo well I can ride it blindfolded:icon_lol: That aside, here's our ride format. We ride staggered! No two abreast!. We drive for the most part the speed limit. Don't want any of my guests receiving a "Gift Card" (speeding ticket) from any of our local or state speed enforcement officers. My 67 old prostate manages rest stops. I know them by heart especially along our planned route. If we need additional quick stops, so be it. A flash of the high beams gets my attention and I'll attempt to get us to the side of the road quickly and safely. The route contains some breathtaking scenery along with some of the best cycling roads in Pa. Running the speed limit will ensure all riders get to share the scenery without being "white knuckled". There will be plenty of places to get a full meal or tasty sandwich. The choice will be yours:icon_wink: We'll have some stops for pictures at "Hawk's Nest", Robeling Bridge, Zane Gray Museum and the likes. Make sure you have your cell or a good camera for panoramic vistas. ( This is not the Rockies, merely the Pocono Mountains of NY/PA Border Country. We will be ending the days ride near several good eateries which are within several miles of each other. Again those who want to dine will have a choice.

Really looking forward to, as I know Bob Penn is, in showing you our "back yard":039:

Those of you needing my cell # can give me a PM!

Warm Regards

bob109

zzh54
04-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Well now, if you will be doing the ride blindfolded, you are going to miss out on the sites. Plus I can do a handstand threw the twisties .

wjduke
04-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Folks:

I'll be Ride Captain for Saturdays Ride! I know the route soo well I can ride it blindfolded:icon_lol: That aside, here's our ride format. We ride staggered! No two abreast!. We drive for the most part the speed limit. Don't want any of my guests receiving a "Gift Card" (speeding ticket) from any of our local or state speed enforcement officers. My 67 old prostate manages rest stops. I know them by heart especially along our planned route. If we need additional quick stops, so be it. A flash of the high beams gets my attention and I'll attempt to get us to the side of the road quickly and safely. The route contains some breathtaking scenery along with some of the best cycling roads in Pa. Running the speed limit will ensure all riders get to share the scenery without being "white knuckled". There will be plenty of places to get a full meal or tasty sandwich. The choice will be yours:icon_wink: We'll have some stops for pictures at "Hawk's Nest", Robeling Bridge, Zane Gray Museum and the likes. Make sure you have your cell or a good camera for panoramic vistas. ( This is not the Rockies, merely the Pocono Mountains of NY/PA Border Country. We will be ending the days ride near several good eateries which are within several miles of each other. Again those who want to dine will have a choice.

Really looking forward to, as I know Bob Penn is, in showing you our "back yard":039:

Those of you needing my cell # can give me a PM!

Warm Regards

bob109

Sounds fair to me! I'll be glad to see some other B's, never mind the scenery. It was great to ride with Dan a few weekends ago. Too bad weather is a crap shoot here.

bob109
04-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Well now, if you will be doing the ride blindfolded, you are going to miss out on the sites. Plus I can do a handstand threw the twisties .

I'm guessing you've been on this route before:lolup:

Maybe one eye closed:icon_lol:

dksmith
04-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Bob 15th or 22nd ok, cannot do Saturday.:icon_frown:

Hey Dave, if you still going to the meet, let me know we could meet at exit 11 off 84 gas station at top of ramp on right. Just give me a time, I'm figuring hour to Welcome Center. thanks Jeff

Potential plan if we can get a agreed date and OK WX.

bob109
04-30-2016, 12:40 AM
Just pulled the local forecast with Doppler Radar. Areas of heavy rain quickly moving West of the Pa./NY border with clearing East of the same line. Partially sunny with a projected temp of 43 degrees a.m. rising to 63 degrees P.M.

I'll be at the Reception Area a bit after 10:039:

bob109

wjduke
04-30-2016, 04:38 AM
39 now as I start to get ready...wasn't going to do long johns, but I am now! It'll warm up as the sun rises. 60 when I get out there will feel pretty good. Looking forward to a nice long day of riding with you guys. Not looking forward to the ride back, but it'll be good for me to see how the bike handles and also what I need to improve on for the next time. You can read into that, "how wet I get!" There is a slight method to my madness.

I'll be on the road no later than 7:30. Need to stop at the shop and check air pressure. I work at a tire shop and haven't checked it in about three weeks :icon_doh:

bob109
04-30-2016, 05:48 AM
39 now as I start to get ready...wasn't going to do long johns, but I am now! It'll warm up as the sun rises. 60 when I get out there will feel pretty good. Looking forward to a nice long day of riding with you guys. Not looking forward to the ride back, but it'll be good for me to see how the bike handles and also what I need to improve on for the next time. You can read into that, "how wet I get!" There is a slight method to my madness.

I'll be on the road no later than 7:30. Need to stop at the shop and check air pressure. I work at a tire shop and haven't checked it in about three weeks :icon_doh:

Currently 37 here with a light fog/mist! Still looking for afternoon temps in the low 60's. Layering cloths with a turtle neck, sweat shirt and leathers. See you at the Reception Center

Nightwing_67
04-30-2016, 06:26 AM

Jeff

Sorry heading to cigarfest!

wjduke
04-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Sitting in the hotel room. Want to shout out to Bob Penn, bob109, and Jeff, zzh54 for a great ride today. I will definitely do this again. On a short notice, day before thing, I couldn't have asked for more. I feel like they did it for me since I forced things on them! Great bunch of guys.

Delta
04-30-2016, 06:41 PM
Glad you guys were able to get a decent ride in. It would have been a 6 to 7 hour ride for me and my BPH. That is one of my favorite parts to ride in. Hope the weather holds out for you on the ride home.

bob109
04-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Sitting in the hotel room. Want to shout out to Bob Penn, bob109, and Jeff, zzh54 for a great ride today. I will definitely do this again. On a short notice, day before thing, I couldn't have asked for more. I feel like they did it for me since I forced things on them! Great bunch of guys.

It sure doesn't take much "arm twisting" to get me in the saddle and ride with great folks! Had a remarkable day! Approximately 150 miles of twisty, scenic roads, a great sandwich with new friends and a final leg of our jaunt for some pie! Posting some pics of our group at Hawk's Nest Rest Area along the RT 97 ( NY Scenic By Way ) overlooking the Delaware River. It's the only photos I managed to take as we were busy riding.

zzh54
04-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Great ride, Great new friends. I had a good time meeting and talking with Bob109, Bob penn and wjduke. Hope for a nice sunny day next time.

P.S. At no time was the ( what color is faster ) brought up, the black and matte gray bike did their best.

Thanks guys, it was a fun day Jeff

53driver
04-30-2016, 11:54 PM
It sure doesn't take much "arm twisting" to get me in the saddle and ride with great folks! Had a remarkable day! Approximately 150 miles of twisty, scenic roads, a great sandwich with new friends and a final leg of our jaunt for some pie! Posting some pics of our group at Hawk's Nest Rest Area along the RT 97 ( NY Scenic By Way ) overlooking the Delaware River. It's the only photos I managed to take as we were busy riding.

Who is who???

bob109
05-01-2016, 01:47 AM
From left to right!

Bob Penn (Bob), zzh54 (Jeff), bob109 (Bob) and wjduke (Wayne)

wjduke
05-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Just got in guys. All is good. Will post more later.

wjduke
05-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Thoughts after today's ride home...

As I've found in the past, bikers are a good bunch.
I am NOT afraid to ride in the rain.
No matter how bundled you think you are, you WILL get wet. It just seeps in somehow.
When the temp is 45 and it's raining, you will get wet AND cold.
My winter gloves are NOT water proof.
My riding boots are NOT water proof.
Of every stupid driving move I saw, each one had a Mass. or RI plate...yes, good to be home. One stunt was in NY, Mass. plate.
Worst interstates...NY, CT, RI. Funny, they have some great backroads.
This bike is an awesome riding machine, and mine needs a bath.

shooter
05-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Thoughts after today's ride home...

As I've found in the past, bikers are a good bunch.
I am NOT afraid to ride in the rain.
No matter how bundled you think you are, you WILL get wet. It just seeps in somehow.
When the temp is 45 and it's raining, you will get wet AND cold.
My winter gloves are NOT water proof.
My riding boots are NOT water proof.
Of every stupid driving move I saw, each one had a Mass. or RI plate...yes, good to be home. One stunt was in NY, Mass. plate.
Worst interstates...NY, CT, RI. Funny, they have some great backroads.
This bike is an awesome riding machine, and mine needs a bath.

LMAO. When he gets wet he waxes philosophic. Dry your brain out buddy. Get a long hot shower. Good looking group except that guy in the hi-vis on the end. Who was that??

wjduke
05-01-2016, 06:47 PM
LMAO. When he gets wet he waxes philosophic. Dry your brain out buddy. Get a long hot shower. Good looking group except that guy in the hi-vis on the end. Who was that??

That's the dude you're riding with to the rally...be prepared!

wjduke
05-02-2016, 07:51 AM
"Hopefully waterproof" gloves and boot covers ordered this morning....a must have for wet travel!

bob109
05-02-2016, 08:32 AM
"Hopefully waterproof" gloves and boot covers ordered this morning....a must have for wet travel!

Spider Feet! I may have mentioned them on our ride! Cheap and effective, they keep your shoes/boots "bone dry":039:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVjNVVydX1SIA3NgPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMWxyMzY 4BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDQjIwNDRfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1462224854/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.spiderscyclecity.com%2fnew-arrivals%2fspider-feet-waterproof-biker-boot-covers.html/RK=0/RS=9fT7hDfpM9uQjDqRTIgyI_y64iA-

Bob Penn
05-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Wayne, I was glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Hopefully your dried out by now. You proved once again there is nothing in this world that's waterproof not even a duck's butt.

The good news, for me at least, was my cousin and his wife made it up from NJ yesterday to take me out for my birthday dinner but they insisted on going to the hotel for some unknown reason, supposedly for the crab soup. Turned out they knew my dinner would be free if I showed ID. proving my age and birth date. HMMMM. cheap soab.

That being said, let's get back to business. Who's in for the May15th. (it's blue to indicate probable cancellation due to rain) for the waterfall, apple pie, dam, lunch (dinner, hamburger joint, Chinese buffet, barbecue, hotel,) ride? Your choice when you vote to go. Hopefully we'll get this ride in before Labor day!

DMAGOLDRDR
05-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Nice to hear you guys had a good ride Saturday. I can't do the 15th so enjoy the ride, unless it gets rained out and moved to the 22.

+1... what bob109 said... well at least the same type.

I gave up on waterproof gloves and boots and use rain covers for my hands and feet.
Frogg Toggs for the rest.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-triple-digit-covers.html

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-boot-raincovers.html

wjduke
05-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Spider Feet! I may have mentioned them on our ride! Cheap and effective, they keep your shoes/boots "bone dry":039:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVjNVVydX1SIA3NgPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMWxyMzY 4BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDQjIwNDRfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1462224854/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.spiderscyclecity.com%2fnew-arrivals%2fspider-feet-waterproof-biker-boot-covers.html/RK=0/RS=9fT7hDfpM9uQjDqRTIgyI_y64iA-
Bob, the ones I bought are similar...hope they work the same.

Wayne, I was glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Hopefully your dried out by now. You proved once again there is nothing in this world that's waterproof not even a duck's butt.

The good news, for me at least, was my cousin and his wife made it up from NJ yesterday to take me out for my birthday dinner but they insisted on going to the hotel for some unknown reason, supposedly for the crab soup. Turned out they knew my dinner would be free if I showed ID. proving my age and birth date. HMMMM. cheap soab.

That being said, let's get back to business. Who's in for the May15th. (it's blue to indicate probable cancellation due to rain) for the waterfall, apple pie, dam, lunch (dinner, hamburger joint, Chinese buffet, barbecue, hotel,) ride? Your choice when you vote to go. Hopefully we'll get this ride in before Labor day!
That sandwich at the hotel was awesome...quadruple club, boys. I will hold off on the horse radish though! My eyes watered. I'm in again for any weekend...we just have to wait to the last minute I suppose. Any food spot will work for me.

Nice to hear you guys had a good ride Saturday. I can't do the 15th so enjoy the ride, unless it gets rained out and moved to the 22.

+1... what bob109 said... well at least the same type.

I gave up on waterproof gloves and boots and use rain covers for my hands and feet.
Frogg Toggs for the rest.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-triple-digit-covers.html

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-boot-raincovers.html
Wish I asked first...I ordered Alpinestar Drystar gloves...hope they keep the hands dry. Water even seeped in between the rain gear top and bottom. I guess a one piece would be better, but I'm not chasing this stuff any more. The vacuum from the shield and fairing sucks the water right onto you and the dash. It snuck in after a couple hours. Too bad the ride was 4!

bob109
05-02-2016, 12:33 PM

Bob! If you would give me 1 hour "head start" when you are the Ride Captain, I should be able to keep up:shhh:

wjduke
05-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Bob! If you would give me 1 hour "head start" when you are the Ride Captain, I should be able to keep up:shhh:

:lolup:

zzh54
05-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Count me in, the 15th works, or the 22nd. Anything or anytime pretty much works for me so see who else wants in and go with the majority.

wjduke
05-02-2016, 03:20 PM
I'd like to split this trip up like I just did. Get there for a Saturday afternoon screw around ride. If it's the 22nd, I'll have to travel Saturday afternoon, and concentrate on Sunday. Mother Nature dictates everything.

Delta
05-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Did anyone have a GPS that has route tracking capabilities? If so, could you post the file. Sure would like to view your fun times in Google Earth.

wjduke
05-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Did anyone have a GPS that has route tracking capabilities? If so, could you post the file. Sure would like to view your fun times in Google Earth.

I don't believe, but I may be wrong, the guys that rode, and I include myself, aren't into electronics like that. We seem to be seat of the pants riders. The two Bob's know those roads and can plot it out for you. I remember some, like 97, 691, and 191, but later in the day, I don't recall route numbers. I know we were near the Delaware Water Gap late....oh well, not much help I'm sure.

Already an edit...it 97 to 590 to 191...

Bob Penn
05-03-2016, 07:26 AM
Hey Rain-man, opps, I mean, Wayne, you have the route down pat. We crossed the bridge to Port Jarvis from the reception center and picked up 97 north to the Robeling bridge, crossed over and picked up SR-590 followed that to the town of Hamlin. There we got on SR-191 down to Newfoundland for sandwiches at the hotel. Stumbled out of there got back on SR-191 S down to the Town of, Delaware Water Gap, for Pie. MMMM PIE.
Then we shot up I-80 to I-380 exit 13 to SR-507 and waited for 109 to catch up (good news effective today the state officially increased the speed limit to 70 mph on 380). You and I then followed 507 down to SR-196 N up to Sterling corners picked up that little side road down to SR-191 to your motel.

It's raining too hard today for me to go for pie but your not that far by your standards perfect weather:icon_lol:

wjduke
05-03-2016, 08:05 AM
I'm definitely rain man...it's all we're getting this week and maybe the weekend. I'm glad I made the trip. I won't be riding much around here. I rode a lot more mile this past winter. I'm ready for another trip, but won't hold my breath.

Road ride for PIE !!!!

Delta
05-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Hey Bob, thanks for posting that route. My wife recently inherited some property in Hamlin last year. Her fathers last name was Hanlon and the property is located on Hanlon Rd. I guess the motel you were talking about is the Comfort Inn and the diner across the parking lot? I've stayed and eaten there a few times and never disappointed.

The attached gps file is my best guess on the route, in case anyone wants to see that part of the country. My best guess is your route was about 135 miles. Looks interesting and I will have to do it on my way back from Rolling Thunder. That sure is a nice area.

wjduke
05-03-2016, 07:03 PM
I can't open that file Delta, but you got it pretty much. I thought we did about 150. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and did have breakfast at Twin Rocks provided by bob109 on Sunday morning. I'm looking forward to that ride again.

Delta
05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
That might be because it is a .gbd file that I made in Mapsource. It was part of the Garmin GPS I purchased quite a few years ago. I think folks use Basecamp today. If you had a gps you could load the file into it and run the route as you guys did. How long did it take you to get to the welcome center from Fall River? It used to take me 6 hours to get to Hamlin from Manchester, that was before I became a slave to the bathroom thanks to my BPH.

bob109
05-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Now that I have your attention BobPenn, lets plan on doing lunch at the Royal Buffet! My treat, as I don't want to be "cheap soab" like your in-laws:crackup: Its a belated "Birthday Meal". Just don't get use to it:039: We just need a sunny day:icon_biggrin:

wjduke
05-04-2016, 04:31 AM
That might be because it is a .gbd file that I made in Mapsource. It was part of the Garmin GPS I purchased quite a few years ago. I think folks use Basecamp today. If you had a gps you could load the file into it and run the route as you guys did. How long did it take you to get to the welcome center from Fall River? It used to take me 6 hours to get to Hamlin from Manchester, that was before I became a slave to the bathroom thanks to my BPH.

That makes sense, since I would say you're a couple of hours from me. My cousin lives in Hillsborough...I went there a few weekends ago. I made pretty good time getting to PA. Just under 4 hours. I got to Beacon, NY to meet zzh54, and he's about 45 minutes from the welcome center. I take meds that make me go often. Beacon was a welcome stop, trust me. On the way back, I made it to Middletown, CT., and my back teeth were floating. It's a minor concern on my rally trip, but I should be ok stopping every 200 for fuel.

I was going to mention about mileage. Beacon was right at 200 and I still had two bars left on the gauge. When the light blinks, I don't know, but I did very well on mpg's. I should be making some NH trips this summer. I'll post here and see if you want to ride along. zzh mentioned Mt Washington. I'm not sure I want to do that one!

Bob Penn
05-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Road ride for PIE !!!![/QUOTE]

AHHH, another religious convert!!

Bob Penn
05-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Hey Bob, thanks for posting that route. My wife recently inherited some property in Hamlin last year. Her fathers last name was Hanlon and the property is located on Hanlon Rd. I guess the motel you were talking about is the Comfort Inn and the diner across the parking lot? I've stayed and eaten there a few times and never disappointed.

The attached gps file is my best guess on the route, in case anyone wants to see that part of the country. My best guess is your route was about 135 miles. Looks interesting and I will have to do it on my way back from Rolling Thunder. That sure is a nice area.

I live 8 miles south of Hamlin off SR-196 on top of the mountain (Since Noah, I've always been afraid of floods). If you do come down this way be sure to let me know so I can put together a party. There is no shortage of things to do or see around here. I know where Hanlon Rd, is but I always thought they just misspelled Hamlin. Thanks for the correction of my limited knowledge.

Bob Penn
05-04-2016, 07:10 AM

Good news they put indoor flush toilets in Hamlin!

Bob Penn
05-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Now that I have your attention BobPenn, lets plan on doing lunch at the Royal Buffet! My treat, as I don't want to be "cheap soab" like your in-laws:crackup: Its a belated "Birthday Meal". Just don't get use to it:039: We just need a sunny day:icon_biggrin:

Oh sure put unreasonable limitations on your offer. But they say one day this weekend has a 50 - 50 chance of being sunny. Maybe we can get it in before my 71st birthday. I'm not from MASS. and I'm not riding in the rain I'll be home all weekend. Thank you.

wjduke
05-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Oh sure put unreasonable limitations on your offer. But they say one day this weekend has a 50 - 50 chance of being sunny. Maybe we can get it in before my 71st birthday. I'm not from MASS. and I'm not riding in the rain I'll be home all weekend. Thank you.

Bob, I think better odds for the weekend are that it's a 50/50 chance that it'll be Saturday and Sunday. Weather here today shows rain for the next two weekends....lets plan something in August when it'll be dry as a bone!

Bob Penn
05-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Bob, I think better odds for the weekend are that it's a 50/50 chance that it'll be Saturday and Sunday. Weather here today shows rain for the next two weekends....lets plan something in August when it'll be dry as a bone!

Wayne, your getting to be a pessimist! Granted a wet pessimist but still a pessimist. Maybe if you printed out a calendar of the days you have to work the rest of us can plan those sunny days so we can ride.

Our local forecast is actually showing Sunny and in the mid 70's next week and I'd like to believe that Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny died of natural causes.

wjduke
05-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Wayne, your getting to be a pessimist! Granted a wet pessimist but still a pessimist. Maybe if you printed out a calendar of the days you have to work the rest of us can plan those sunny days so we can ride.

Our local forecast is actually showing Sunny and in the mid 70's next week and I'd like to believe that Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny died of natural causes.

Bob, I'm the ultimate pessimist...I'd ride down if it's raining here, if you promise a dry run back! I don't want a two way wet one. Hmmm, that didn't sound good.

53driver
05-04-2016, 09:16 AM
...I don't want a two way wet one. Hmmm, that didn't sound good.

No, it sure didn't..... I don't know what that means, but I don't want one either!

wjduke
05-04-2016, 09:35 AM
No, it sure didn't..... I don't know what that means, but I don't want one either!

I'll bet a few guys are dreaming something up....

shooter
05-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Hey 53 , ask him if he would do a three way wet one.

wjduke
05-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Hey 53 , ask him if he would do a three way wet one.

You just did....I'm too old

Pap
05-04-2016, 05:12 PM
You just did....I'm too old

Oh, but what a way to go! :icon_twisted:

Delta
05-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Good news they put indoor flush toilets in Hamlin!

Would you happen to have the address?

Delta
05-04-2016, 07:23 PM
I should be making some NH trips this summer. I'll post here and see if you want to ride along. zzh mentioned Mt Washington. I'm not sure I want to do that one!

Mt. Washington is not that bad a ride. Just don't concentrate on the non existent guard rails. It can be a zoo during bike week; but at least you're not fighting with the cages.

Bob Penn
05-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Would you happen to have the address?

Sure it's right between Kudlow's Barbecue and the Beer distributor. Convenience is the hallmark of Hamlin. There's even a changing table for those old folks who dream of wet ones only to find the reference was to their return to diapers.

wjduke
05-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Sure it's right between Kudlow's Barbecue and the Beer distributor. Convenience is the hallmark of Hamlin. There's even a changing table for those old folks who dream of wet ones only to find the reference was to their return to diapers.

:lolup:

shooter
05-05-2016, 10:20 AM
That's pretty good Bob. Wayne , its always better to laugh than cry.

wjduke
05-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Bob Penn has a way with words, doesn't he? Great guys out there in PA. They keep you on your toes.

Bob Penn
05-06-2016, 02:49 PM
OK, let me see if I can make a little money on this site! Who wants to bet me next Sunday May 15 will be ride able? I'll put up as much as $1.00 each to the first 10 people who respond. Even odds.

Just kidding Mr. government man!:shhh:

Or am I? :icon_wink:

wjduke
05-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Mr Pessimist says rain....that's what the Weather Channel says right now.

f6bdan
05-06-2016, 06:07 PM
If you wind up going on the 22nd I'd like to join you. The 15th I'll be in Texas. I purchased a 2015 deluxe last month. This is my first post.

Bob Penn
05-07-2016, 04:44 AM
If you wind up going on the 22nd I'd like to join you. The 15th I'll be in Texas. I purchased a 2015 deluxe last month. This is my first post.

Stay tuned it could happen!! Heck we might even do both days if there's enough interest. It's good to be a bike bum.

wjduke
05-07-2016, 06:21 AM
If the forecast doesn't get worse, this could happen next weekend. Looking at showers late Sunday now....fingers crossed! I might do both too!

DMAGOLDRDR
05-07-2016, 07:07 AM
OK, let me see if I can make a little money on this site! Who wants to bet me next Sunday May 15 will be ride able? I'll put up as much as $1.00 each to the first 10 people who respond. Even odds.
Just kidding Mr. government man!:shhh:
Or am I? :icon_wink:

I would guess,, if I can't make the ride on the 15th, then I can't place my bet re: the ride on the 15th either. ;) ;)

I'm still out for the 15th but if you go again the 22nd I'm in.

Bob Penn
05-08-2016, 05:52 AM
I would guess,, if I can't make the ride on the 15th, then I can't place my bet re: the ride on the 15th either. ;) ;)

I'm still out for the 15th but if you go again the 22nd I'm in.

I wouldn't have eliminated you from getting in on the bet just because you couldn't make the ride on the 15 but now that I've seen this morning's long range forecast I'm thankful there were no takers on the bet. The rain-man comes. I think Wayne is planing to test out his new rain gear anyway. We should have a full leaks report by Friday.
So be sure to tune in on Friday, it looks like we may be seriously looking at the 22nd or maybe August 7. Waite I can't due the 7th. I hope to be in Sturgis.

Oh well, like the song says "the sun will come out tomorrow!"

wjduke
05-08-2016, 08:49 AM
We have to wait it out. The forecast changes hourly. Every time I look it's different. At this point, I'm glad I went last weekend!

Bob Penn
05-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Took a niece ride yesterday with Bob 109 into an area that I used to travel into to fish the Susquehanna river. Bob 109 knew of a dinner there that he had enjoyed in the past but had forgotten the exact route. So like the two vultures, that we are, we circled the area until we found it. Bob then made good on his promise to buy me a delayed birthday lunch.

After lunch came the real birthday present a ride into another area that I'd never been too. It had high mountains surrounding beautiful valleys with steep cliffs and picturesque hidden farms. I only wish I had brought my camera.
Unfortunately, due to a construction detour, we got lost. Fortunately or unfortunately, I did bring my Tom Tom and it led us back to civilization.

PA. will never stop surprising me even after 50 years I found a new area that rivals or surpasses the likes of the iconic Blue Ridge parkway and even the Maggie valley, Dragon area. The only difference was a lack of traffic and people.

I must return! Another ride is called for! If only I can figure out where we can all meet it's about 70 miles west of the Mat. reception area. That would make for a really long day.

A look at this mornings forecast today it will be in the 70's but it doesn't look good for this Sunday May 15. Seems a cold front will pass through Saturday, temps will be in the low 50's with showers on Sunday.
It looks like those praying for May 22 have the strongest God.

wjduke
05-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Took a niece ride yesterday with Bob 109 into an area that I used to travel into to fish the Susquehanna river. Bob 109 knew of a dinner there that he had enjoyed in the past but had forgotten the exact route. So like the two vultures, that we are, we circled the area until we found it. Bob then made good on his promise to buy me a delayed birthday lunch.

After lunch came the real birthday present a ride into another area that I'd never been too. It had high mountains surrounding beautiful valleys with steep cliffs and picturesque hidden farms. I only wish I had brought my camera.
Unfortunately, due to a construction detour, we got lost. Fortunately or unfortunately, I did bring my Tom Tom and it led us back to civilization.

PA. will never stop surprising me even after 50 years I found a new area that rivals or surpasses the likes of the iconic Blue Ridge parkway and even the Maggie valley, Dragon area. The only difference was a lack of traffic and people.

I must return! Another ride is called for! If only I can figure out where we can all meet it's about 70 miles west of the Mat. reception area. That would make for a really long day.

A look at this mornings forecast today it will be in the 70's but it doesn't look good for this Sunday May 15. Seems a cold front will pass through Saturday, temps will be in the low 50's with showers on Sunday.
It looks like those praying for May 22 have the strongest God.

Weather channel for Matamoras shows cooler, partly cloudy, low 60's, not 50's...no rain. Have to wait for Saturday's forecast. The 22nd shows rain but that's too far off to even consider. I don't want to ride in rain if it can be avoided. Low 60's don't scare me...but this isn't about me!

bob109
05-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Going to see if I can convince BobPenn on a little ride to this place, Hyner Point!

Lots to see:icon_biggrin:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT_2_GjJXdCgAC3hXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNXY0aTA 3BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDQjE4NzlfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1462930239/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.stateparks.com%2fhyner_run.htm l/RK=0/RS=vDVht0QYVln9etv9n_91P3qmvV8-

Pap
05-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Now you're getting closer to my neck of the woods. Might be easier to meet you all if you plan a ride there sometime.
You're only about an hour East of Benezette, where the Elk Visitor Center is.

Bob Penn
05-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Weather channel for Matamoras shows cooler, partly cloudy, low 60's, not 50's...no rain. Have to wait for Saturday's forecast. The 22nd shows rain but that's too far off to even consider. I don't want to ride in rain if it can be avoided. Low 60's don't scare me...but this isn't about me!

Yes Wayne, that is the forecast for, Matamoras, elevation is under 300 ft. That's where we meet. Change your search channel to either Mount Pocono or Gouldsboro, PA, elevation between 2000 to 2400 ft. That's where we ride. You'll find it a bit cooler up here looking down at those Low lander's in Matamoras. Seems when those weather fronts hit the mountains they hurt and then they cry and I get wet.:yikes:

Did you get your new rain gear yet? Hopefully you won't need it this weekend but if you can give us a favorable report I can order some on Monday in time for the 22nd. :icon_lol:

Bob Penn
05-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Now you're getting closer to my neck of the woods. Might be easier to meet you all if you plan a ride there sometime.
You're only about an hour East of Benezette, where the Elk Visitor Center is.

I'd love to make another ride out to Benezette, where the Elk Visitor Center is. For those who don't know, it's a state run park where they load you into a horse drawn wagon, so as not to spook the elk, and take you right down among the herd for pictures and an up close experience. Heck those things are bigger than a F6B. www.elkcountryvisitorcenter.com/

The only problem is the distance for most of the guys. Unless we can put together a 2 day ride. I'd be up for it!

Bob Penn
05-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Going to see if I can convince BobPenn on a little ride to this place, Hyner Point!

Lots to see:icon_biggrin:

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT_2_GjJXdCgAC3hXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNXY0aTA 3BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDQjE4NzlfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1462930239/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.stateparks.com%2fhyner_run.htm l/RK=0/RS=vDVht0QYVln9etv9n_91P3qmvV8-

We could do that! If we left early enough we could make www.elkcountryvisitorcenter.com/ too.
But to do both we'd have to speed and pee in a bottle on the fly:shock:. Can we can we please go.

wjduke
05-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Yes Wayne, that is the forecast for, Matamoras, elevation is under 300 ft. That's where we meet. Change your search channel to either Mount Pocono or Gouldsboro, PA, elevation between 2000 to 2400 ft. That's where we ride. You'll find it a bit cooler up here looking down at those Low lander's in Matamoras. Seems when those weather fronts hit the mountains they hurt and then they cry and I get wet.:yikes:

Did you get your new rain gear yet? Hopefully you won't need it this weekend but if you can give us a favorable report I can order some on Monday in time for the 22nd. :icon_lol:

No waterproof stuff yet. Everything else I ordered has come in. Like I said, I'll wait until Saturday I guess. I wish the reports sounded better than they do so far. This has been a miserable Spring in my opinion. It was chilly tonight too. I shouldn't complain....to ease our pain, it was reported that in 1977, we got a major snowstorm on this date. I was stationed in ND at the time, so no memory of that. I'm riding as much as possible, just wish I could put the long johns away.

wjduke
05-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Bob, waterproof gear is in...I'm ready to roll. I prefer to stay dry though....honest.

vmaxed
05-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Hot here today 80 deg, the bugs are out in full force :yikes: If you go on the 22nd I'm in.

Bob Penn
05-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Hot here today 80 deg, the bugs are out in full force :yikes: If you go on the 22nd I'm in.

Looks like your in!!!

Today's forecast for the hills is; showers on Saturday with a cold front coming through bringing the Temps down to the high's in the mid 50's on Sunday with a possibility of showers.

Wayne if you want to ride out here and test your new gear I"ll buy breakfast. But I'm not too sure about riding.

Considering the wuss that I am we'er riding today, forecast for today is sunny temps in the high 70's poss. 80's. Just like yesterday when I rode 200 miles just so I could top off my tank with cheap Jersey fuel and get a piece of pie.
Like I always say "You have to ride when you can enjoy it". We've learned our lesson well!! That's why us old farts refuse to work regularly! So 6 of us plus 60's are riding up to the upper woods pond and Duck pond and plan the termination at the Royal Buffet today.
No one knows how I suffer when I think about how I suffer. The 22nd is officially ON!!

wjduke
05-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the offer Bob, but I want to ride along with breakfast. I'll wait until the 22nd!

zzh54, same offer stands. I'll stop at your exit around 9:15 and we'll ride in together.

Dan and Ed, I can meet in Danbury too, if you want. I'm leaving here at 6am. Mapquest says 3 hours, but I think less. I made exit 11 Beacon, NY in 3:15. If this is on, we can arrange things.

Throwing ideas out there. Let's do this!

DMAGOLDRDR
05-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Sorry you have to reschedule again BUT happy I am back in for the 22nd.

Wayne and Ed, I will jump in line as you pass through Danbury and collect zzh54 on the way across 84.

wjduke
05-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Sorry you have to reschedule again BUT happy I am back in for the 22nd.

Wayne and Ed, I will jump in line as you pass through Danbury and collect zzh54 on the way across 84.

Sounds good...will fine tune times later. I'll leave here at whatever time is needed.

zzh54
05-12-2016, 08:15 PM
That all works for me. I may get out for a chilly ride Sunday, not to far from home, in case the wet stuff starts falling.

wjduke
05-13-2016, 04:40 AM
That all works for me. I may get out for a chilly ride Sunday, not to far from home, in case the wet stuff starts falling.

I'll be out all weekend, just not PA. At least the 22nd is looking good...finally. Saturday is the Boston Wounded Vets run, but 6,000 bikes is 5,900 too many for me. Going to waste a whole day for a 2 hour ride. Not my cup of tea.

See everyone next weekend.

wjduke
05-13-2016, 05:17 AM
:hijack:

Just as a last minute thing....anyone want to meet in CT tomorrow ( Saturday )? It's the 34th anniversary of my first marriage that lasted three years. If that isn't cause for a celebration ride, I don't know one.

Gonna be windy, but temps in the upper 60's. You should know by now, I'll meet up anywhere, anytime. I'll look for the clunk in my bike another day!

Bob Penn
05-13-2016, 11:26 AM
I got up this morning and looked outside and thought I better put on a pot of coffee and mix up some pancake batter. I just couldn't figure out why Wayne was coming out 2 days early just for breakfast. But why else would it be raining that hard?

Well it looks like the local weather man got it right. So we did the right thing in postponing our ride to the 22nd.

Thank God!

Because yesterday, all day, I got yelled at and blamed. I thought it was a beautiful day in the low 80's with plenty of sunshine. But it was too hot for some wearing their leathers. Then it seems the fellows that I rode with blamed me for the road conditions leading into the 2 lakes they wanted to see. All but one was pushing some sort of a Harley either a trike or 2 wheeler and you know how they feel about getting a little dust on their show boats. The only other Honda rider complained about the few bumps in the road but then again he's old..
Heck, they even complained about the Royal Buffet having too many choices on the menu. To top things off 109 looked at his tab and complained that they hadn't given him his senior discount. But that turned out to be a good thing as all 6 of us old goats got to eat for $8.68 each after the discount was taken off our bills.

Thumbs up 109!!

wjduke
05-13-2016, 11:58 AM
The 22nd looks decent finally...let's hope it stays that way. We might finally pull this off.

bob109
05-13-2016, 12:10 PM
I got up this morning and looked outside and thought I better put on a pot of coffee and mix up some pancake batter. I just couldn't figure out why Wayne was coming out 2 days early just for breakfast. But why else would it be raining that hard?

Well it looks like the local weather man got it right. So we did the right thing in postponing our ride to the 22nd.

Thank God!

Because yesterday, all day, I got yelled at and blamed. I thought it was a beautiful day in the low 80's with plenty of sunshine. But it was too hot for some wearing their leathers. Then it seems the fellows that I rode with blamed me for the road conditions leading into the 2 lakes they wanted to see. All but one was pushing some sort of a Harley either a trike or 2 wheeler and you know how they feel about getting a little dust on their show boats. The only other Honda rider complained about the few bumps in the road but then again he's old..
Heck, they even complained about the Royal Buffet having too many choices on the menu. To top things off 109 looked at his tab and complained that they hadn't given him his senior discount. But that turned out to be a good thing as all 6 of us old goats got to eat for $8.68 each after the discount was taken off our bills.

Thumbs up 109!!

Bob! You'll really appreciate staying out of "dusty conditions" i.e. roads, once you've changed you air filter on your own:yikes: I managed to get 30k miles on my first filter and after yesterdays ride, I may be doing another this coming week:icon_doh: Regarding our discount at the Royal Buffet, it pay to ask! All they can say is no:shock: Getting food at a discount make it taste all the better:039:

Bob Penn
05-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Hey Bob 109, I only wish there was some other way to get back into those lakes without the dusty trails. Those other guys asked me to take them back in there to see the fishing possibilities because they heard about the place but didn't know how to get there.
You saw all the trout being caught in there by the locals. I may even have to go back today with the truck and boat in tow.
Hopefully I'll have 30 k miles on my bike by winter so I can give it back to the dealer to change the filters and tune it up before spring. I'd much rather sip bourbon while they do the work then cuss my mis-use of wrenches even if it cost me what I saved using all my senior discounts.
At least next week we'll be on good pavement doing at least posted speed limits + :shhh:.

Bob Penn
05-14-2016, 07:31 AM
Hey Wayne, I think your coming the furthest and have to leave the earliest. So I pose the question to you. If we can start our PA. portion of the ride early enough we can go back up that road we came down from the Hotel to the bakery along that stream and swing onto SR-423 avoiding the I-80 portion. But it will add approx. 20 -30 minutes to the total ride time to the dam. If we plan the meet time to 9:45 AM and depart at 10:15 we should still be able to do it and get you back on the road (I-84) home by 3:30 PM after lunch.

drifter
05-14-2016, 02:27 PM
I am thinking of joining ride. what route where you planning to take

wjduke
05-14-2016, 05:51 PM
Hey Wayne, I think your coming the furthest and have to leave the earliest. So I pose the question to you. If we can start our PA. portion of the ride early enough we can go back up that road we came down from the Hotel to the bakery along that stream and swing onto SR-423 avoiding the I-80 portion. But it will add approx. 20 -30 minutes to the total ride time to the dam. If we plan the meet time to 9:45 AM and depart at 10:15 we should still be able to do it and get you back on the road (I-84) home by 3:30 PM after lunch.

Bob, I'm leaving here at 6am. I usually leave before I say I am anyway....I'm weird like that. I think even with stopping for guys on the way, we can make it for 10. We won't dilly dally....stop and go. We can shoot the breeze later! Please don't alter things for me. It's going to be a long day, and I'm prepared for that.

It's looking good! We haven't been able to say that yet.

Bob Penn
05-15-2016, 08:22 AM
I am thinking of joining ride. what route where you planning to take

The planned route is to meet at the reception area off I-84 in Matamoras , Pa. with a full tank of gas, we have approx.130 miles to cover. There is a gas station right across from the reception area (9:45 - 10 AM). Depart there no later than 10:15 AM.
Head south down SR-209 into the National park. First stop at Dingman's falls reception area. (approx 15 miles south). There is a National park brochure, book/gift shop there for those interested. Take some time and walk in to see the falls, BS and get to know one another.
Depart there 11:00 AM continue south SR-209 (approx 15 miles) to River Rd by the Shawnee resort. Turn left onto River Rd. for approx 10 miles to a detour (the bridge is out south of there) that will put us back on 209 south to I-80 east for 1 exit to the town of Delaware Water Gap.
There we will stop at, The Apple Tree Bakery, for coffee and more BS. Depart there at 12 noon up SR-191 North to the Jct. with SR-423. Turn left onto 423 to SR-940. Turn right onto 940 thru the town of Blakeslee and continue 940 for another 5 miles to the right hand turn off for the, Francis Walter's Dam. Depart there 1:15 back the way we came to the restaurant yet to be chosen for a late lunch and more BS.
Speaking of restaurants everything is open, Barbecue, buffet, or Hotel. Make a dessishhhh.

Please post to Add or subtract your name to the list of those coming so we can be sure to look for you before we leave the meeting point. I will post the expected list on Friday.

PS. While not mandatory it is suggested to wear boots as you can see there's will be some BS time.

Bob Penn
05-15-2016, 09:07 AM
Here's the tentative list as of this morning. Please add or subtract your name by posting your intentions. If you have friends that will be coming with you just add a + number so we can keep tract as I did.

Bob 109
wjduke
Vmaxed
DMAGOLDRDR
zzh54
Bob Penn +2

Possibles

drifter
f6b dan
Nice weather

PS; The Nice weather says he's coming but I'm still only listed him under Possible:icon_lol:

Bob Penn
05-17-2016, 07:54 AM
Nice weather contacted me via TV this morning and said he may come out later after some showers on Saturday.
Wayne, you weren't planning on coming out on Saturday to test your gear were you?

bob109
05-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Having a early morning commitment on Saturday, I won't be riding then. I'm all in for Sunday and will be at the Pa. Reception Center before 10:00 a.m.

bob109

wjduke
05-17-2016, 08:19 AM
No, but might have showers here Sunday morning. Not happy with this Spring weather, I'll tell you that. I really don't want to test my gear anymore, but as long as that's the only bump on Sunday, I'll be there.

DMAGOLDRDR
05-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Bob, I'm leaving here at 6am. I usually leave before I say I am anyway....I'm weird like that. I think even with stopping for guys on the way, we can make it for 10. We won't dilly dally....stop and go. We can shoot the breeze later! Please don't alter things for me. It's going to be a long day, and I'm prepared for that.

It's looking good! We haven't been able to say that yet.

Wayne, Ed.. I will be at the Mobil Station off exit #8 on 84 in Danbury by 8am. (unless you think you will be earlier ???) Wayne, you will probably have 170 miles or so by then and need gas anyway and this is an easy off & on exit with a Mobil in between the exit and entrance ramps. That puts us about 80 miles to Matamorus PA.

Don't worry ED I mean MOBIL for sure this time. I will already have stopped at Dunkin Donuts and be waiting at Mobil... I promise

wjduke
05-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Wayne, Ed.. I will be at the Mobil Station off exit #8 on 84 in Danbury by 8am. (unless you think you will be earlier ???) Wayne, you will probably have 170 miles or so by then and need gas anyway and this is an easy off & on exit with a Mobil in between the exit and entrance ramps. That puts us about 80 miles to Matamorus PA.

Don't worry ED I mean MOBIL for sure this time. I will already have stopped at Dunkin Donuts and be waiting at Mobil... I promise

Dan, I made exit 11 in Beacon, NY with plenty of gas left. We'll see how time is when I get to you. Gas there or NY, doesn't matter. I'll top off again in PA to start the ride. Let's stick with 8am, especially if there are showers.

ReserveBum
05-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Here's the tentative list as of this morning. Please add or subtract your name by posting your intentions. If you have friends that will be coming with you just add a + number so we can keep tract as I did.

Bob 109
wjduke
Vmaxed
DMAGOLDRDR
zzh54
Bob Penn +2

Possibles

drifter
f6b dan
Nice weather

PS; The Nice weather says he's coming but I'm still only listed him under Possible:icon_lol:

+ ReserveBum - quite possible- coming down Taconic to 84

wjduke
05-18-2016, 06:14 AM
90% chance of steady rain in my area for the morning, and will still be raining at night...I might be out of this. It was 72 and sunny two days ago. 58 and rain now. I'll decide by Saturday I guess...very depressing.

Bob Penn
05-18-2016, 07:02 AM
90% chance of steady rain in my area for the morning, and will still be raining at night...I might be out of this. It was 72 and sunny two days ago. 58 and rain now. I'll decide by Saturday I guess...very depressing.

Say it isn't so!!!! I would believe that statement of any other rider, but not you, Wayne :nono:

Oh, I get it, reverse physiology!! Good plan!

Forecast for down here is possible rain on Saturday morning, but our local guy is saying is he thinks it's going to stay south of our area. Sunday is still sunny in the low 70's

Bob Penn
05-18-2016, 07:05 AM
+ ReserveBum - quite possible- coming down Taconic to 84

Will add you to the list on Friday. Weather permitting of course.

vmaxed
05-18-2016, 07:12 AM

OK Dan... Weather permitting :icon_rolleyes:

wjduke
05-18-2016, 07:13 AM
Say it isn't so!!!! I would believe that statement of any other rider, but not you, Wayne :nono:

Oh, I get it, reverse physiology!! Good plan!

Forecast for down here is possible rain on Saturday morning, but our local guy is saying is he thinks it's going to stay south of our area. Sunday is still sunny in the low 70's

You know I want this to happen. There's a chance that this storm could shift a bit, so I'm not out yet.

Bob Penn
05-19-2016, 09:18 AM
As of this morning the forecast pretty much stays the same.

The local guy loves to show and use something he calls the "water vapor loop" in addition to the usual radar. He's still predicting only the possibility of showers on Saturday even less of a chance on Sunday with temps in the mid 70's. Mostly sunny!!

But then again he doesn't know Wayne :rainyday: I'm sorry I meant rain. It's all in the spelling.:icon_lol:

Richie
05-19-2016, 09:27 AM
If the weather holds i am planing to join the group.

Richie

Bob Penn
05-19-2016, 09:41 AM
If the weather holds i am planing to join the group.

Richie

'welcome gang'

Delta
05-19-2016, 10:32 AM
You know I want this to happen. There's a chance that this storm could shift a bit, so I'm not out yet.

Ya know, if you don't ride in the rain, the underside of your fenders will never get clean.

wjduke
05-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Ya know, if you don't ride in the rain, the underside of your fenders will never get clean.

The rain does most of my cleaning. I just touch it up a bit later.

shooter
05-20-2016, 02:20 AM
As of this morning the forecast pretty much stays the same.

The local guy loves to show and use something he calls the "water vapor loop" in addition to the usual radar. He's still predicting only the possibility of showers on Saturday even less of a chance on Sunday with temps in the mid 70's. Mostly sunny!!

But then again he doesn't know Wayne :rainyday: I'm sorry I meant rain. It's all in the spelling.:icon_lol:

Are you trying to say that my buddy has a cloud hanging over his head??

wjduke
05-20-2016, 04:19 AM

Not the first time I heard that

wjduke
05-20-2016, 07:04 AM
Due to the following evidence...

My area
Mt Pocono

...this doesn't look good for me. 12 hours of riding in 50-80% rain is too much for this guy when it's a choice and not a must do. If it goes down, have fun and I'll catch the next train.

DMAGOLDRDR
05-20-2016, 07:38 AM
I hear ya Wayne... that would be a rain gear durability & comfort test for sure.

It has been looking a bit better for this area although still showers in the AM. Local reports say showers ending by 10am, so I don't mind a ride out in light rain if you folks decide to give it a go..

I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope for the best.

wjduke
05-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Rain finds a way in and I was wet when I got home the last time. I'll have to settle and ride here tonight and tomorrow.

Bob Penn
05-20-2016, 08:35 AM
I hate to cancel again so I'll leave it up to the majority to say yes or no by posting your choice. In this area, as the forecast states, there is a 50% chance of intermittent showers, but for those coming from the east the chance goes up that they will hit rain on their ride home. It always rains in Mass.

Or should we hold off until we see tomorrow's forecast before canceling?

If we do cancel please state your preference to a new date. Next week, the 29, is memorial day weekend. I don't know how that plays into your plans but it should be considered. The 5th or the 12 are the next possible dates. Any date is OK for me besides PA farmers need the rain so just planning can't hurt.

wjduke
05-20-2016, 08:53 AM
All my Sunday's are open. If you guys ride Sunday, have fun and be safe. We can always reschedule another ride later in the summer when we'll be begging for rain. Although with past experience. PA has no shortages! :stirthepot:

Bob Penn
05-20-2016, 08:55 AM

I would never say that, especially after meeting him, he's really a nice guy, but he is too meticulous about keeping his wheel wells shiny!

Delta
05-20-2016, 09:14 AM
if you do it the 29th, I might be in that area on my way back from Rolling Thunder. I visit the wall Fri and Sat then leave D.C. Sat afternoon. Sounds like the perfect short cut to NH.

wjduke
05-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Look at next Sunday's forecast...more rain in PA!

DMAGOLDRDR
05-20-2016, 10:25 AM
I hate to cancel again so I'll leave it up to the majority to say yes or no by posting your choice. In this area, as the forecast states, there is a 50% chance of intermittent showers, but for those coming from the east the chance goes up that they will hit rain on their ride home. It always rains in Mass.
Or should we hold off until we see tomorrow's forecast before canceling?
If we do cancel please state your preference to a new date. Next week, the 29, is memorial day weekend. I don't know how that plays into your plans but it should be considered. The 5th or the 12 are the next possible dates. Any date is OK for me besides PA farmers need the rain so just planning can't hurt.

I don't mind a last minute decision. I will check Saturday eve and see what you decide.

IF there is a change, keep in mind next month is Americade and Laconia.

That being said, I will be gone the 29th for Rolling Thunder but I'm open for the 5th, 12th and 26th

zzh54
05-20-2016, 06:20 PM
I will check back tomorrow evening for the final answer on the weather.

I've been to the last 20 Rolling Thunders, and I am going to have to miss this year.

I know its to early to say when we going to Lake George, but that coming up quick.

drifter
05-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Bath pa weather looks like a 50% chance of rain and thunderstorms. I"m about 35 miles south of Francis Walter dam. Just about any Sunday is ok with me

Bob Penn
05-21-2016, 06:05 AM
Well folks I got up this morning and checked the forecast and it doesn't look good. So I guess tomorrow is officially canceled!

So lets start looking at the 5th. Who's in?

Delta, if the weather is good on the 29 and you want to swing by let me know. Maybe we can put together a ride even if Wayne is planning on washing his wheel wells again and is therefor predicting rain, the temps are supposed to be in the 80's!
:rainyday:
If Delta swings by who's up for another ride on the 29th?

DMAGOLDRDR
05-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Well folks I got up this morning and checked the forecast and it doesn't look good. So I guess tomorrow is officially canceled!

So lets start looking at the 5th. Who's in?

Delta, if the weather is good on the 29 and you want to swing by let me know. Maybe we can put together a ride even if Wayne is planning on washing his wheel wells again and is therefor predicting rain, the temps are supposed to be in the 80's!
:rainyday:
If Delta swings by who's up for another ride on the 29th?

I'm in for the 5th.......