PDA

View Full Version : Jet Black Wing

JetBlackWing
03-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Been a while since I been thinking much about the bike, but seems the road salts should be gone for the season now, and need to address more issues or wants to make this ride better.

Completed so far on the Standard model>
Brake recall, Polk DXI6.5 speaker replacement with polyfill stuffed cab, 11" light tint (dang, I cant remember the brand at the moment) windshield, and Hondaline backrest, and centerstand (not installed), bought all items used condition.

I need (besides stop tipping the bike over!)>
#1) Change that silly angle on the grips (outside of the palms pressure), and raise them up a little...Not sure, the Heli brand would do it for sure, but dang that's just too much to spend for me.
#2 A good throttle control of some kind,
#3 Either a Showchome or the Larger aftermarket flat black luggage rack (looks like Honda's mini rack) , don't recall the brand name (MJP?)

and maybe>
Lower seat...hmm (Corbin?)

I have a stock windshield for sale if someone wants it $70 ground shipped CONUS.
I might not install the center stand (New in the box)

Then I'm good to go, just checkin to see if someone has an item for sale that I need

Jayrock
03-22-2016, 04:31 PM
The large luggage rack I believe you're looking for is sold by one of our a supporting vendors, Wingstuff. It's much wider than the stock Honda rack, and quite tough: http://wingstuff.com/products/35354-touring-rack-for-honda-goldwing-f6b?context=racks_travel_luggage-f6b

Delta
03-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Here's what I'm going to be getting. For $19.95 it's worth a shot. The warehouse is only a few hours away from me. Sounds like a good excuse for a ride.

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/go-cruise-throttle-assist

shooter
03-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Been a while since I been thinking much about the bike, but seems the road salts should be gone for the season now, and need to address more issues or wants to make this ride better.

Completed so far on the Standard model>
Brake recall, Polk DXI6.5 speaker replacement with polyfill stuffed cab, 11" light tint (dang, I cant remember the brand at the moment) windshield, and Hondaline backrest, and centerstand (not installed), bought all items used condition.

I need (besides stop tipping the bike over!)>
#1) Change that silly angle on the grips (outside of the palms pressure), and raise them up a little...Not sure, the Heli brand would do it for sure, but dang that's just too much to spend for me.
#2 A good throttle control of some kind,
#3 Either a Showchome or the Larger aftermarket flat black luggage rack (looks like Honda's mini rack) , don't recall the brand name (MJP?)

and maybe>
Lower seat...hmm (Corbin?)

I have a stock windshield for sale if someone wants it $70 ground shipped CONUS.
I might not install the center stand (New in the box)

Then I'm good to go, just checkin to see if someone has an item for sale that I need

David K has a Corbin with a backrest that he will probably part with. PM him. If you have trouble reaching him let me know. I've sat on his. It is a good bit lower than stock.

Jimmytee
03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Yes they aren't cheap, but the Helibars will take care of that angle and height issue. Still the best upgrade money I spent. :yes: