PDA

View Full Version : jacket patches

hill881
08-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Here's what Im doing several of my friends that I was in the service together are putting together jackets for riding that have our unit patch on it and the service we were in as a top rocker and a veteran bottom rocker. I was told that having bottom rocker on a jacket will cause problems with other clubs, like the 1% MC. All we are doing in showing our pride of your service. I think this is a bunch of crap and I should be able to wear what I want when I want and not have to worry about somebody starting something with me. So whats everyone's thoughts about this?

7% of Americans have worn a U.S. military uniform keeping our country free for 100% of the Americans. I am proud to be one of them!!!

Steve 0080
08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I agree with you 100%..... on a side note last year in Daytona, two 1% stopped and told a guy to give them his jacket...he did.... they could have taken it off my dead body.....but having said that, in some cases...they would

MichaelG
08-24-2013, 07:49 PM
So whats everyone's thoughts about this?

7% of Americans have worn a U.S. military uniform keeping our country free for 100% of the Americans. I am proud to be one of them!!!

I too agree with you 100 %. Long story..short.....been there, worn that. I say you should wear what YOU want to.

choptop
08-24-2013, 09:16 PM
The MC's are a different mentality and 1% another story. Belong to a riding club out of the Twin Cities that can no longer wear their club patch, no rocker, in Wi, which they rode/partied in a lot, because we got on the wrong side of the Owtlaws,big in Wi., when they monitored our web site and found we acknowledges the Angels, local chapter. I have a bunch of our T shirts, beanies... that I can wear locally for fear of some type of reprisal. We have been warned.

bobbyf6b
08-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Here's what Im doing several of my friends that I was in the service together are putting together jackets for riding that have our unit patch on it and the service we were in as a top rocker and a veteran bottom rocker. I was told that having bottom rocker on a jacket will cause problems with other clubs, like the 1% MC. All we are doing in showing our pride of your service. I think this is a bunch of crap and I should be able to wear what I want when I want and not have to worry about somebody starting something with me. So whats everyone's thoughts about this?

I've been down this road. Been in a few clubs but not 1%. Wear whatever you want but don't be surprised if you're asked (once) to take it off. Depends where you live, who's the dominant, etc. If you don't know anything about the M/C world do some research. They've been around for a long time and have their own world. Respect it for what it is and you will never be hassled.

There's a ton of Veteran clubs out there already, why create another one?

bobbyf6b
08-24-2013, 09:53 PM
After belonging to a few different groups, I'm so happy to NOT belong to a group and I feel FREE!

If you haven't done it though, I understand the draw to it. Everyone has to find out on their own if it's for them.

Retired Army
09-01-2013, 09:35 PM
It's going to be a long up hill battle erasing the image created by unthinking riders. There are a large amount of riding groups helping in this endeavor by organizing and riding in fund raising events. I salute the men and women of the military services who have and are still defending life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The pursuit of happiness includes riding the bike of choice and wearing the garment of choice.

JesseS
09-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I was riding in AZ from CA once and at a rest stop a couple jackasses told me to give then my vest, I ask them if it was worth their life, they just looked at me, turned and left. I was still a LEO at the time and was armed.(still go armed, lot of crazy's out there) I will be damned if I will let some punks intimidate me, dealt with them for to long. Most of them will pee when not in a group and confronted by someone who won't take water. I am not advocating this response, you do what you want, but that's not the way my dad raised me.

Scotrod
09-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Last club I was a member of was the Boy Scouts.

No desire to be 'a member' of anything today.

No desire to play dress-up either.

Everybody's got to be somebody, I suppose. I'm perfectly happy being nobody.

dickiedeals
09-30-2013, 06:06 AM
I've been down this road. Been in a few clubs but not 1%. Wear whatever you want but don't be surprised if you're asked (once) to take it off. Depends where you live, who's the dominant, etc. If you don't know anything about the M/C world do some research. They've been around for a long time and have their own world. Respect it for what it is and you will never be hassled.

There's a ton of Veteran clubs out there already, why create another one?

Being the Vice President of one such 3 Piece Patch Club here in Florida, I could say a lot but I'm not going to. I will say tread lightly with the top and bottom rocker thing. There is a great difference in a Motorcycle Riding Club and a Motorcycle Club the second being a 3 piece patch club some 1% some not. The later is a brotherhood like no other ,family, thicker than blood.

I have no doubt that if you fly a top and bottom rocker without permission of you local dominate Club you will find out pronto. Respectfully Dickie

edgeman55
09-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Last club I was a member of was the Boy Scouts.

No desire to be 'a member' of anything today.

No desire to play dress-up either.

Everybody's got to be somebody, I suppose. I'm perfectly happy being nobody.

Well said I could not of said it better.Just got done with street Vibrations here in the Reno/Carson City area.We use to have a huge problem here with "Colors" and two years ago had a shootout in the Nugget with one dead.No one can show colors here at mini Vibration in the spring or in September.Still baffles me that grown men would die over a rocker or patch:icon_frown:All went well this year and reports were about 40 thousand bikers in town and all the vendors did really well.

Scotrod
09-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Well said I could not of said it better.Just got done with street Vibrations here in the Reno/Carson City area.We use to have a huge problem here with "Colors" and two years ago had a shootout in the Nugget with one dead.No one can show colors here at mini Vibration in the spring or in September.Still baffles me that grown men would die over a rocker or patch:icon_frown:All went well this year and reports were about 40 thousand bikers in town and all the vendors did really well.

Some folks need or appreciate 'structure and/or acceptance'. Some may find it in MC clubs, especially if the club is '~similar~' to their lifestyle.

Strikes me even more odd that anyone not involved in a 'traditional MC club" would ever 'dress up' to look the part,,, Too much 'Sons of Anarchy' I guess.

Always get a chuckle when 'Chibbs' or some other SOA actor is a 'Special Guest' at any MC event. :jerkit:

Men and women alike line up for autographs,,, Some things I just can't explain,,,,:icon_rolleyes:

bobbyf6b
09-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Too much 'Sons of Anarchy' I guess.

Always get a chuckle when 'Chibbs' or some other SOA actor is a 'Special Guest' at any MC event. :jerkit:

Men and women alike line up for autographs,,, Some things I just can't explain,,,,:icon_rolleyes:

Thank you! I thought I was the only one. :icon_cool:

gray rider
10-01-2013, 08:17 PM
This behavior pattern is as old as humanity. It is primordial behavior that is hard wired into us. We protect our perceived territory. Historically, this served a useful purpose by protecting family, food and water supply.

I grew up in Chicago during the 1960's. In the areas we lived you were in real danger of being killed for having the wrong color socks displayed in the wrong neighborhood. So, I am only too familiar with this pattern of behavior and consider myself fortunate to have survived the "hood".

Today I am always well armed and vigilant. Let's just say old habits die hard.

1951vbs
10-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Being the Vice President of one such 3 Piece Patch Club here in Florida, I could say a lot but I'm not going to. I will say tread lightly with the top and bottom rocker thing. There is a great difference in a Motorcycle Riding Club and a Motorcycle Club the second being a 3 piece patch club some 1% some not. The later is a brotherhood like no other ,family, thicker than blood.

I have no doubt that if you fly a top and bottom rocker without permission of you local dominate Club you will find out pronto. Respectfully Dickie

Because I was in the motorcycle industry and an International Motorcycle organization for over 20 years I have walked the fence among the various clubs and I will absolutely second Dickies comments. Right or wrong, top and bottom rocker is just a bad idea. I would pick another battle.

Scotrod
10-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Right or wrong, top and bottom rocker is just a bad idea. I would pick another battle.

Sums it up right there.

Probably not a really good comparo, and I don't know how else to say it, but personally it wouldn't bother me a whole lot if a Koran was burnt, however, that's a pretty big deal to some folks. I have no reason to burn one and I darn sure wouldn't go out of my way to even make it look like I was burning one. Kind of a no-win situation for everyone, so why bother?.

Just one of those things,,, :icon_wink: