PDA

View Full Version : New Wing made it's way home yesterday

Dave Ritsema
03-27-2016, 07:49 AM
Between weather, work and personal issues I was finally able to bring my new bike home yesterday. (I actually purchased it in December.) It was a brisk 36 degrees, but with the heated seat, grips and foot warmers it was an awesome 55 mile trip home from my dealer. Cruise control is something that I have never had on a bike before and after that short trip is now a must have!

We went to pick up the bike at Lake City Honda in Warsaw, Indiana and the bike was sparkling, freshly polished with the new Honda Glare product. The dealer went thru and explained every system in the bike, set up my navigation and satellite radio preferences and made sure that all my questions were answered before I left. Great experience, I would not even consider purchasing from another dealer.

Brought her home, added the Kuryakyn mini boards and various other farkles. While I sold my F6B late last fall I figured I would still hang out here if you guys don't mind. :icon_razz:

Heavvyduty
03-27-2016, 07:52 AM
Very Nice:yes:

pilotguy299
03-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Nice looking ride. Congrats!

53driver
03-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Dave - hang out as often as you like!
Congrats on the new ride - she's beautiful.

Cheers,
Steve

F6Dave
03-27-2016, 10:14 AM
I've read good things about the Honda Glare polish. It costs slightly less than Liquid Glass. Has anyone compared them?

opas ride
03-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Between weather, work and personal issues I was finally able to bring my new bike home yesterday. (I actually purchased it in December.) It was a brisk 36 degrees, but with the heated seat, grips and foot warmers it was an awesome 55 mile trip home from my dealer. Cruise control is something that I have never had on a bike before and after that short trip is now a must have!

We went to pick up the bike at Lake City Honda in Warsaw, Indiana and the bike was sparkling, freshly polished with the new Honda Glare product. The dealer went thru and explained every system in the bike, set up my navigation and satellite radio preferences and made sure that all my questions were answered before I left. Great experience, I would not even consider purchasing from another dealer.

Brought her home, added the Kuryakyn mini boards and various other farkles. While I sold my F6B late last fall I figured I would still hang out here if you guys don't mind. :icon_razz:

We don't want you anymore,,,but,,,, if you promise to send each of us a check for a $100 you can stay....Just kidding!!...Beautiful bike....

coffee_weasle
03-27-2016, 10:29 AM
very nice bike,

since you can afford that upgrade, you should be able to get a round of coffees?

:tequila:

six2go
03-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Lookin' good Dave, now we have to do that breakfast ride that never happened when you had the "6". "coffee"

Dave Ritsema
03-27-2016, 11:23 AM
I've read good things about the Honda Glare polish. It costs slightly less than Liquid Glass. Has anyone compared them?

I actually turned my dealer onto this product, it slipped under their radar and my bike was the first bike they put it on. Doing some research on polishes I came across the "Glare" product line. I am sure the Honda version is just repackaged product. It doesn't go on like normal wax, you do a small section at a time and actually rub it into the paint until it disappears completely, then buff. They claim that it provided a protective "shell" over the paint. I am hoping it helps protect the paint against scratches and swirl marks.

I used Liquid Glass on my F6B and my vehicles. I will see how the Glare holds up but my initial impression is very favorable.

Dave Ritsema
03-27-2016, 11:25 AM
very nice bike,

since you can afford that upgrade, you should be able to get a round of coffees?

:tequila:

I am somewhat of a coffee snob and brew my own with beans ground before each cup.I will gladly give you a cup of coffee anytime your in South Bend IN. :039:

Dave Ritsema
03-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Lookin' good Dave, now we have to do that breakfast ride that never happened when you had the "6". "coffee"

I have a friend that will be picking up a new F6B from Lake City sometime in May. (I will let him make the announcement on the board.) When we come down to pick up his bike maybe we can meet for breakfast! I will keep you tuned in.

Jimmytee
03-27-2016, 11:33 AM
I am somewhat of a coffee snob and brew my own with beans ground before each cup.I will gladly give you a cup of coffee anytime your in South Bend IN. :039:

I grind my own beans as well. I'll even grind enough for a trip and have packed ,my own coffee maker on my bike. :icon_lol: No really, I do.

53driver
03-27-2016, 11:44 AM

I grind my own beans as well. I'll even grind enough for a trip and have packed ,my own coffee maker on my bike. :icon_lol: No really, I do.

Jura Impressa E8 coffee maker has been in the family for years. Grinds/brews at the press of a button.
Life is too short for poor coffee.....

shooter
03-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Dave its a good looking bike. Love the color combination. Happy Riding.

coffee_weasle
03-27-2016, 12:04 PM

we can do that, i have a riding buddy originally from your neck of the woods, he has a camp site near Churubusco, i was all over Indiana last august

F6Dave
03-27-2016, 12:17 PM
I actually turned my dealer onto this product, it slipped under their radar and my bike was the first bike they put it on. Doing some research on polishes I came across the "Glare" product line. I am sure the Honda version is just repackaged product. It doesn't go on like normal wax, you do a small section at a time and actually rub it into the paint until it disappears completely, then buff. They claim that it provided a protective "shell" over the paint. I am hoping it helps protect the paint against scratches and swirl marks.

I used Liquid Glass on my F6B and my vehicles. I will see how the Glare holds up but my initial impression is very favorable.

Thanks for the information. I think you and I discussed this a bit (maybe on the Valk board) when I bought my F6B. The Liquid Glass is a fine product, though I'm not sure it's that much better than some others that cost far less. I plan on trying the 'Glare' polish. If my dealer doesn't have it I noticed WingStuff carries it and I can add it to my next order.

JackB
03-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Dave I am glad you got your baby home.
Now you can add your touch to it.
Enjoy great looking Wing.

Hornblower
03-27-2016, 06:52 PM
:congrats:, Dave on a great looking Wing. I really like the red/black combination and, to boot, it resolves the issue of which color is faster :icon_rolleyes:.

RickJ
03-27-2016, 09:55 PM

Have you tried roasting your beans too...I haven't been able to drink even fancy coffee shop slop since I started roasting. and forget commercial beans- everytime I get different origins, basically african or indonesian, I went from coffee, to exclusively my espresso to ristretto...I'm back and forth the last two now. I use a whirley pop on the stove with a GOOD exhaust fan. BTW I don't consider it snobbery, once you taste the good stuff, nothing else is right. I assume you use a Burr mill and not a bladed grinder thingy. Whoops...maybe I AM a snob!

coffee_weasle
03-28-2016, 07:55 AM
:yikes:

GaTeach
03-28-2016, 08:17 AM
:yikes:

Are you talking about the Wing or the coffee people?

The bike is beautiful, but I now realize why none of you guys have any miles. Y'all are all sitting around the counter with your pinkies out sipping coffee made from roasted beans. Wtf? LET'S RIDE!

There ain't one damn thing wrong with Maxwell House.

coffee_weasle
03-28-2016, 11:42 AM

The bike is beautiful, but I now realize why none of you guys have any miles. Y'all are all sitting around the counter with your pinkies out sipping coffee made from roasted beans. Wtf? LET'S RIDE!

i sued to be a starbucks drinker, but evolved into a cheap retiree, now it's aldi's coffee, oh well, it still wakes me up

soberbiker
03-28-2016, 12:46 PM

My wife and I blend three coffees. Red Eye-Starbucks- and a Vanilla blend coffee that escapes the memory at the moment. I argee that grinding before each cup is "nirvana" but I admit...I'm just a tad lazy to get into it that much so we grind and sore in the freezer and refill as needed.

But about the Wing...she's beautiful! I was vacillating between that model and the "6" but the price the dealer gave me on the 6 was more than I could pass up. Congratulations on the new Anniversary model!

mitch46732
03-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Its nice to see fellow memeber of this forum and riders of f6bs in the area. Just brought mine home in early March. Poor Harleys are crying for attention.
I'm like right in between Ft Wayne and South Bend

Airborne06
03-28-2016, 02:09 PM

Amen! I own a considerable amount of stock in Starbucks...but I prefer drinking Dunkin Donuts or good old Maxwell House! Must be from 30 years of drinking "Army coffee!"

opas ride
03-28-2016, 02:57 PM
If you coffee lovers enjoy your "brew" go for it...I have not had a cup of coffee in over 50 years and never missed the stuff...Don't drink beer, booze, or colas....All of which can become very "addictive" and costly over the years...Guess I am an odd-ball by todays standards, but as they say..."To each his own"....Ride safe

Delta
03-28-2016, 03:08 PM
.........................or good old Maxwell House! Must be from 30 years of drinking "Army coffee!"

How about just twisting the cap of a jar of Maxwell House Instant, pinching some between your fingers, put into a cup and add hot tap water if available. The original Keurig?

Jimmytee
03-28-2016, 04:06 PM

Coffee early in the morning and sometimes goes with me in my cup holder. Once the morning is over, I'm over it.

coffee_weasle
03-28-2016, 04:47 PM
i sued to be a starbucks drinker, but evolved into a cheap retiree, now it's aldi's coffee, oh well, it still wakes me up

wow, i should proof read

i used to be......

53driver
03-28-2016, 05:13 PM

wow, i should proof read

i used to be......

...obviously, you need more coffee...

Ixol Phaane
03-28-2016, 07:26 PM

+1

Nothin' like a cup of firehouse coffee in the morning to get ya goin'!

CopperMike
03-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Congrats! Love that anniversary model color scheme. The "heated" seat comment made me do a double take😜!

Dave Ritsema
03-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Have you tried roasting your beans too...I haven't been able to drink even fancy coffee shop slop since I started roasting. and forget commercial beans- everytime I get different origins, basically african or indonesian, I went from coffee, to exclusively my espresso to ristretto...I'm back and forth the last two now. I use a whirley pop on the stove with a GOOD exhaust fan. BTW I don't consider it snobbery, once you taste the good stuff, nothing else is right. I assume you use a Burr mill and not a bladed grinder thingy. Whoops...maybe I AM a snob!

I wondered if that could be done effectively at home. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dave Ritsema
03-29-2016, 06:22 AM
+1

Nothin' like a cup of firehouse coffee in the morning to get ya goin'!

Amen to that! 25 years in the fire service here. For the first ten we had an old electric urn type that I don't think was ever cleaned out, we just added more to it. Probably still had a few grounds from the first batch ever brewed in it. But at 3AM after being out at a fire in sub zero temperatures, that was some good coffee!

Dave Ritsema
03-29-2016, 06:24 AM
Its nice to see fellow memeber of this forum and riders of f6bs in the area. Just brought mine home in early March. Poor Harleys are crying for attention.
I'm like right in between Ft Wayne and South Bend

Nice! Highly recommend Lake City Honda if you ever need service or sales. Great bunch of folks. Bought my Valkyrie, F6B and Wing from them in the last decade or so. First bike I bought from them in 1985 was a new V65 Sabre. At the time, that was one fast motorcycle!

WingStuff
03-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Beautiful bike! We know you'll thoroughly enjoy it! Ride safe :)

Dave Ritsema
03-31-2016, 06:23 AM
Beautiful bike! We know you'll thoroughly enjoy it! Ride safe :)

Thanks! Already has many items from your company installed and I am sure more to come. :)

shortleg0521
03-31-2016, 09:11 AM

For the life of me I do not know how you could have waited this long.
I would have been having coffee every morning while sitting on the seat
with the radio playing some road music. Honest Dave how did you do it bro.
shortleg

Dave Ritsema
03-31-2016, 03:14 PM
For the life of me I do not know how you could have waited this long.
I would have been having coffee every morning while sitting on the seat
with the radio playing some road music. Honest Dave how did you do it bro.
shortleg

1. Snow
2. Salt on the road
3. Working 60+ hour weeks
4. My wifes mother in hospice

Life gets in the way sometimes, I knew it was mine and she would be home eventually. :yes:

willtill
03-31-2016, 03:23 PM
Filtered water is key for good tasting coffee. :shhh:

53driver
03-31-2016, 05:07 PM
1. Snow
2. Salt on the road
3. Working 60+ hour weeks
4. My wifes mother in hospice

Life gets in the way sometimes, I knew it was mine and she would be home eventually. :yes:

Aye, it does. Glad she made it home and is where she belongs.

WingStuff
04-05-2016, 12:33 PM
:cheers:
Thanks! Already has many items from your company installed and I am sure more to come. :)