PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Bike built by OCC

53driver
03-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Orange County Chopper builds some gorgeous, completely impractical motorcycles.
Here is a shining example of the one they made for Peavey with my azz on it:

shooter
03-27-2016, 10:37 AM
53 , I think I'd rather play the bike than the guitar. Nice pic buddy.

53driver
03-27-2016, 10:46 AM
53 , I think I'd rather play the bike than the guitar. Nice pic buddy.

Well, you can do both...the guitar comes out and there is a built in amplifier...

and the speaker for the amp is in the rear fender...

Rock n' Roll!

Hartley Peavey and I had a nice chat about amps, speakers, guns, politics, etc.
I use a lot of Peavey professional grade equipment in my audio business - never a complaint about sound quality or pressure.

This is me with Hartely and his "No BS" decal.

shooter
03-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Me on the guitar would be like Hillary on the Republican ticket.

Davidk
03-27-2016, 04:53 PM
I have met and spent some time with OCC's owner, his son (before they went their separate ways) and a few of the employees. I am disappointed to say that I have never met a more boorish group of assholes in my life.

53driver
03-27-2016, 05:48 PM
I have met and spent some time with the owner, his son (before they went their separate ways) and a few of the employees. I am disappointed to say that I have never met a more boorish group of assholes in my life.

Interesting...in what capacity were your meetings if I may ask?

I was just amused that I could just show up and the CEO would make time for me.

RickJ
03-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Nice Post...I had one of those "No BS" stickers years ago. Loved it, Can't find them anymore. The same company made a nice "easy does it" and s few others of THAT flavor.

Davidk
03-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Interesting...in what capacity were your meetings if I may ask?

I was just amused that I could just show up and the CEO would make time for me.

I was there for a filming of part of an episode where they were shooting rifles. Actually, I was the one that made all of the arrangements. They refused to talk to most people, they just walked by and these were people involved in the shoot. They acted like they were the stars and everyone else was meaningless and that everyone owed them anything they wanted. They demanded that in addition to the large expense the rifle company paid for the on-camera instructor that work with them, ammunition and travel, that the rifle company "give" them several thousands of dollars worth of rifles. They refused and the episode never ran for some reason..hmmmm. I have never met worse people.

I also got the same rifle company a gig on future weapons and those folks were great

shooter
03-27-2016, 07:18 PM
David and 53 , could it be that David is talking about OCC and 53 thinks he is talking about Peavey? Not trying to but in but I don't think you guys are on the same page.

Davidk
03-27-2016, 07:47 PM
David and 53 , could it be that David is talking about OCC and 53 thinks he is talking about Peavey? Not trying to but in but I don't think you guys are on the same page.

Sorry if it was not clear.. It is OCC who are the major assholes

RickJ
03-27-2016, 09:47 PM

WOW. Beautiful. We just watched miscommunication in action, and without your step back it could have gone on for a while...and escalated!

53driver
03-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Sorry if it was not clear.. It is OCC who are the major assholes

Ahh, yes. I too have met with them - up in New York when they used one of my squadrons as a backdrop at Stewart ANG when their shop was right around the corner.

And yes, I concur with your assessment.

53driver
03-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Nice Post...I had one of those "No BS" stickers years ago. Loved it, Can't find them anymore. The same company made a nice "easy does it" and s few others of THAT flavor.

Did you get yours from Hartley? This sticker actually has "Compliments of HSP" in small print on the bottom....lol.

53driver
03-27-2016, 11:05 PM

Well done sir. Different hymnals, but definitely the same church.

GaTeach
03-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Who is the hottie on the bike?

53driver
03-28-2016, 08:27 AM
Who is the hottie on the bike?

He's a Peavey employee and the "duty model" for the Bike. :shhh:

shooter
03-28-2016, 08:30 AM
:lolup: LMAO

53driver
03-28-2016, 08:45 AM
WOW. Beautiful. We just watched miscommunication in action, and without your step back it could have gone on for a while...and escalated!

Rick - it might have gone on for a few posts, but not escalated to the point of silliness - we would have figured it out. Actually Dave's post about being involved in a rifle shoot and demanding weapons tipped me off that I was going the wrong way. Hartley would never have done that.

Guys who do handle weapons and do a lot of shooting generally don't let small things escalate into big things - it's not how we roll.

But I do agree it was a classic case of the "misplaced antecedent" of the missing pronoun.

It's also funny that both the OCC family and the Peavey family had a falling out between father & son on the direction of the business.

Have a great week!