PDA

View Full Version : I'm all in...

rmpbrown
03-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Well I did it, I finally pulled the trigger on a black 2013 F6B with 2300 miles. She is a beauty! The previous owner had never even ridden her in the rain. Thanks for taking care of her, I will continue!

I have been a Harley guy (my first bike) for the last 8 months. It was my first bike purchase and as you can tell I am relatively new to this addiction. I have also realized that the Harley is great for short runs into town but no good for longer rides. The Harley is a Softail Deluxe and doesn't have the comfort that the F6B does.

I look forward to hanging with you guys and learning from each of you! If you are ever near Tyler, Texas, look me up! I would love to ride!

Thanks! Rick Brown

ths61
03-29-2016, 09:10 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new scoot. Enjoy and ride safe.

53driver
03-29-2016, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the fold!
I regularly go through Tyler on my way to Dallas.
There are more than a few F6Bers in the metroplex and many out in rural Texas as well.

Check the "Map of Owners" link and put yourself on there!

Cheers,
Steve

shooter
03-29-2016, 09:15 PM
Rick , you made a good choice. For comfort and sheer power the B can't be beat. She gets around a corner too. Congrats.

Steve 0080
03-29-2016, 09:29 PM
'welcome gang' to the board!

blueverclear
03-29-2016, 09:49 PM
Well I did it, I finally pulled the trigger on a black 2013 F6B with 2300 miles. She is a beauty! The previous owner had never even ridden her in the rain. Thanks for taking care of her, I will continue!

I have been a Harley guy (my first bike) for the last 8 months. It was my first bike purchase and as you can tell I am relatively new to this addiction. I have also realized that the Harley is great for short runs into town but no good for longer rides. The Harley is a Softail Deluxe and doesn't have the comfort that the F6B does.

I look forward to hanging with you guys and learning from each of you! If you are ever near Tyler, Texas, look me up! I would love to ride!

Thanks! Rick Brown

.welcome20. from New Orleans, LA. I have a cousin in Tyler, tx. Hope to make a trip up there within the next few months. I travel to Houston every other month or so.

Grant

rmpbrown
03-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the fold!
I regularly go through Tyler on my way to Dallas.
There are more than a few F6Bers in the metroplex and many out in rural Texas as well.

Check the "Map of Owners" link and put yourself on there!

Cheers,
Steve

Steve - I have added myself to the map.

Let me know the next time you come through Tyler and we will stop at the famous Stanley's BBQ. Some of the best in Texas! It has an Austin feel and just down right good stuff!

It is certainly good to see just how many riders there are on that map! Great community!

53driver
03-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Steve - I have added myself to the map.

Let me know the next time you come through Tyler and we will stop at the famous Stanley's BBQ. Some of the best in Texas! It has an Austin feel and just down right good stuff!

It is certainly good to see just how many riders there are on that map! Great community!

Looking forward to it! Probably early May - my folks live in Dallas and I ride and visit them.

Also, under the Trips and Gatherings - you'll see our annual rally is in Arkansas this fall - check out the dates and if you can make it, do it!
It's fun seeing all these F6Bs lined up and what everyone has done (or not done) to them.
Cheers!

rmpbrown
03-29-2016, 10:00 PM
.welcome20. from New Orleans, LA. I have a cousin in Tyler, tx. Hope to make a trip up there within the next few months. I travel to Houston every other month or so.

Grant

Thanks Grant! The same goes for you as well. If you haven't tried Stanley's, we'll have to get you and your cousin to meet me there the next time you are up this way.

I work just across the street, so I am game just about any time. :icon_lol:

My wife and I go to New Orleans at least once a year. We love it down there. Maybe I can talk her into a ride on the bike now that we have the F6B. We love the food and change of pace New Orleans brings!

Jimmytee
03-30-2016, 04:12 AM
.welcome20. Congratualtions on the new ride. Keeping the Soft tail for when you get the urge?

nvmyf6
03-30-2016, 05:07 AM
Congratulations, have fun and ride safe 'all/right'

53driver
03-30-2016, 08:33 AM
.welcome20. Congratualtions on the new ride. Keeping the Soft tail for when you get the urge?

Jimmy - sometimes, ya just gotta make some noise when you crack the throttle open!

Jayrock
03-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of the F6B... and congratulations on becoming a motorcycle addict.

GaTeach
03-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Jimmy - sometimes, ya just gotta make some noise when you crack the throttle open!

JimmyTee got no problem making big noise. :)

Congrats on your F6B. Whole new world. :)

taxfree4
03-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Congratulations, F6B riders are a unique bunch in that they don't run with the pack - they lead it. Most of us have had other bikes till we hopped on this rocketship and cracked the throttle and had the holy$hit moment, like I did. Function and for all in one package, nothing like hitting the wind on this bike.

Jimmytee
03-30-2016, 03:26 PM
JimmyTee got no problem making big noise. :)

Congrats on your F6B. Whole new world. :)

I can put on a sound of a Harley on my stereo, and voila .:icon_lol:

But seriously, I do have my Valkyrie with the true 6 into 6 pipes, that will give me that loud visceral hot rod sound.

shooter
03-30-2016, 03:34 PM
If we are bragging about noise I've got 109 inches coming out of this 5 inch pipe with no cats.19868

53driver
03-30-2016, 04:40 PM
I can put on a sound of a Harley on my stereo, and voila .:icon_lol:

But seriously, I do have my Valkyrie with the true 6 into 6 pipes, that will give me that loud visceral hot rod sound.

My '98 Valk had the 6 into 6 - AWESOME sound. Like a properly tuned hot rod.

53driver
03-30-2016, 04:41 PM
If we are bragging about noise I've got 109 inches coming out of this 5 inch pipe with no cats.19868

Nah, not braggin'.....just need to have a machine to do it when the urge comes along.

rmpbrown
03-30-2016, 05:02 PM

Heya Jimmy - I do plan on keeping the Harley. She has Rinehart pipes and is pretty loud (bought it that way). The bike is actually pretty smooth but doesn't lend itself for long distance travel. I took it down to San Antonio to visit my father and was almost deaf (half helmet) and wind blown by the time I made it...lol That was about 6 hours each way. I also don't like getting that bike above 65-70 mph. It seems like it is wound up high in 5th gear at those speeds. The loud pipes probably make it worse than what it actually is (no tach on the Harley).

I am still getting used to is how close together the lower gears are on the F6B. I feel like 1st gear on the F6B is like granny gear on those old 60's model trucks (very short). I suppose that is normal? My buddy that has a regular Wing says he starts out in 2nd gear unless he has his wife aboard. For smoothest clunk/noise free shifting, I am in overdrive by about 30-35 mph on the F6B. No complaints btw, just my observation and what he recommended.

The F6B seems really smooth at 75-80 mph and is whisper quiet at speed. It handles like a sports car compared to the Harley. I would have torn the floorboards off my Harley by now after my trip down 315 to Palestine and back! That road has some pretty good sweepers.

I love the F6B! I feel like I will be able to crank some miles out!

Old Ryder
03-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Heya Jimmy - I do plan on keeping the Harley. She has Rinehart pipes and is pretty loud (bought it that way). The bike is actually pretty smooth but doesn't lend itself for long distance travel. I took it down to San Antonio to visit my father and was almost deaf (half helmet) and wind blown by the time I made it...lol That was about 6 hours each way. I also don't like getting that bike above 65-70 mph. It seems like it is wound up high in 5th gear at those speeds. The loud pipes probably make it worse than what it actually is (no tach on the Harley).

I am still getting used to is how close together the lower gears are on the F6B. I feel like 1st gear on the F6B is like granny gear on those old 60's model trucks (very short). I suppose that is normal? My buddy that has a regular Wing says he starts out in 2nd gear unless he has his wife aboard. For smoothest clunk/noise free shifting, I am in overdrive by about 30-35 mph on the F6B. No complaints btw, just my observation and what he recommended.

The F6B seems really smooth at 75-80 mph and is whisper quiet at speed. It handles like a sports car compared to the Harley. I would have torn the floorboards off my Harley by now after my trip down 315 to Palestine and back! That road has some pretty good sweepers.

I love the F6B! I feel like I will be able to crank some miles out!

Nothing wrong with owning an F6B and a Harley---even if it is a non Harley. The guy I work with tells me I don't really own a Harley at all---regardless of what the title and gas tank says.

Nightwing_67
03-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the pack.welcome20.

CopperMike
03-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Congrats and Welcome!

Brewdog
04-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Welcome ! I'm in the same Honda/Harley owners club as you. Its a great sport and I enjoy both bikes.

Delta
04-01-2016, 06:43 PM
............. My buddy that has a regular Wing says he starts out in 2nd gear unless he has his wife aboard. For smoothest clunk/noise free shifting, I am in overdrive by about 30-35 mph on the F6B. No complaints btw, just my observation and what he recommended.

The F6B seems really smooth at 75-80 mph and is whisper quiet at speed.........

I just might have to try this out. Wonder how much I'll have to slip the clutch to get a good launch. You are right though, seems like the F6B is geared low.

75 - 80 is the sweet spot on mine. So much more stable then any of my Ultras were. This bike just goes where you point it and carves the curves without effort. Each time I ride it I like it more. I have to say that this bike is the best I have owned to date.

rmpbrown
04-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Welcome ! I'm in the same Honda/Harley owners club as you. Its a great sport and I enjoy both bikes.

Thanks Brew! Those are two great looking bikes! Do you have a favorite between the two?

Brewdog
04-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Thanks Brew! Those are two great looking bikes! Do you have a favorite between the two?

Right now, I'm having a blast with the F6B. So it's probably my favorite until summer when it's brutally hot. The heat off the two radiators might be unbearable in the baking days of summer.

When I took the Harley in for tires this month, it really felt good cutting the wind with it again. The smooth riding on the F6B is hard to beat. What a great problem to have !!

rmpbrown
04-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I just might have to try this out. Wonder how much I'll have to slip the clutch to get a good launch. You are right though, seems like the F6B is geared low.

75 - 80 is the sweet spot on mine. So much more stable then any of my Ultras were. This bike just goes where you point it and carves the curves without effort. Each time I ride it I like it more. I have to say that this bike is the best I have owned to date.

Delta - I tried the second gear start and it seemed just like starting from first on my Harley. I googled a bit last night and it seems there is a debate as to whether or not it is good for the clutch. Of course one guy mentioned he has always done it on a 40K bike since new and another says why do they have a first gear? So who knows...lol