PDA

View Full Version : New Custom made seat (Rich's Seat)

kjelders
08-24-2013, 10:44 PM
I had my seat customized today at Rich's Seat in Kingston, WA. I had them build up the slope of the driver's seat so it is more upright and supports my lower back and now I won't need a backrest. The modification including double memory foam and gel pad. I had a new cover done with the insert in a shiny black vinyl and the edges in a flat black. I had them recover the passenger back rest to match.

contek
08-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow those guys do gorgeous work! Looks real comfy!

Steve 0080
08-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelG
08-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Wow those guys do gorgeous work! Looks real comfy!

Contek, please do not say nice things about Kevin's bike. He already has a head that is too large to fit inside the local Starbucks.:icon_lol:

I know you are from Florida, but...those of us up here in the Great Pacific Northwest all know that Rich's seats is just a northern version of Corbin seats...looks pretty sitting on your bike in a parking lot bike show, but don't dare ride it, as your butt will hurt for a week.:shock:

MichaelG
08-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see...Kevin...only those 2 guys from Florida...3000 miles away...think that your new seat is good looking.:icon_razz:

chipmaker
08-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Proof you can make a custom seat that doesn't throw off the looks of the bike!!!

bobbyf6b
08-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Looks good! :yes:

kjelders
08-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Contek, please do not say nice things about Kevin's bike. He already has a head that is too large to fit inside the local Starbucks.:icon_lol:

I know you are from Florida, but...those of us up here in the Great Pacific Northwest all know that Rich's seats is just a northern version of Corbin seats...looks pretty sitting on your bike in a parking lot bike show, but don't dare ride it, as your butt will hurt for a week.:shock:

While sitting at my local Starbucks sipping on a Venti Mocha, :icon_mrgreen: :icon_biggrin:, To me the stock seat is as comfortable as most aftermarket seats. ( I have had on bikes, Ultimate, Wing Soft, Mean City Cycles, Mustang). The item I wanted to change was the slope of the driver's portion of the seat. The new seat took care of that and is just as comfortable. But then again I may be a hardass. Oh, and the seat sure is perty! :icon_cool:

BLACKBETTY12
08-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Looks really good!

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 12:22 PM
While sitting at my local Starbucks sipping on a Venti Mocha, :icon_mrgreen: :icon_biggrin:, But then again I may be a hardass. Oh, and the seat sure is perty! :icon_cool:

Kevin, I have to agree with you, and give credit where credit is due.

You are a hardass, and that new seat on your bike does look perty...when sitting in front of a Starbucks, while you are sipping on a Venti Mocha:yes:

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
The shiny and flat combo works good! Lookin good!!!!

kjelders
08-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Kevin, I have to agree with you, and give credit where credit is due.

You are a hardass, and that new seat on your bike does look perty...when sitting in front of a Starbucks, while you are sipping on a Venti Mocha:yes:

I'll have you know Million Miles Man, we did 5,200 miles 14 states trip and I didn't not stop nor did I have not one Starbucks coffee. :icon_lol:
However, the withdraws symptoms was ugly! :icon_mrgreen:

contek
08-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Hahaha. You guys crack me up.

unsub
08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
I had my seat customized today at Rich's Seat in Kingston, WA. I had them build up the slope of the driver's seat so it is more upright and supports my lower back and now I won't need a backrest. The modification including double memory foam and gel pad. I had a new cover done with the insert in a shiny black vinyl and the edges in a flat black. I had them recover the passenger back rest to match.

Really nice, looks super comfortable and it doesn't look like like a prop for the Boogey Nights movie set.:kap:

Seriously though, what's the turnaround time if they can work while you wait? I might consider riding over.

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 08:02 PM
I'll have you know Million Miles Man, we did 5,200 miles 14 states trip and I didn't not stop nor did I have not one Starbucks coffee. :icon_lol:
However, the withdraws symptoms was ugly! :icon_mrgreen:

I'll have you know, Bad Ass:icon_wink:, that all of those double-negatives in your statements quoted above...means that you did in fact STOP...and that you did in fact have more than ONE Starbucks coffee....er....Mocha. You have got to watch those double-negatives Buddy, as they will bite you in that Bad Ass every time.:icon_mrgreen:

Luv ya, Kevin.:icon_cool:

kjelders
08-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Saturday's are their busiest day. It took little over 5hrs start to finish. Call them to make an appointment. They are open Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 to 5:30

kjelders
08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
I'll have you know, Bad Ass:icon_wink:, that all of those double-negatives in your statements quoted above...means that you did in fact STOP...and that you did in fact have more than ONE Starbucks coffee....er....Mocha. You have got to watch those double-negatives Buddy, as they will bite you in that Bad Ass every time.:icon_mrgreen:

Luv ya, Kevin.:icon_cool:

Dang it...you caught me. Using double negatives was my attempt to cover up the fact that I did have one Starbucks Mocha Coffee....er...or was that two. I hate it when my CRS kicks in! :icon_mrgreen:

BACA
08-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I had my seat customized at Rich's too KJ......I have to disagree with Miles, mine looks good and is very very comfortable....rode 500+ miles one day and was not butt sore at all......also better quality than a Corbin.....(my 2 cents).:clap2:

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 09:22 PM
I had my seat customized at Rich's too KJ......I have to disagree with Miles, mine looks good and is very very comfortable....rode 500+ miles one day and was not butt sore at all......also better quality than a Corbin.....(my 2 cents).:clap2:

BACA, that is okay, as I do not mind if people disagree with me. However, I have previously stated that the seats from Rich's are very good looking, and...the comfort level cannot be tested on any daily rides less than 1000 miles. :icon_mrgreen:

Hey, Rich's seats are great people, and make fine seats. We all know that every BODY has a different BUTT, so it takes different seats to get all these butts happy. :icon_cool: