PDA

View Full Version : My new Scoot

wantone
03-30-2016, 08:59 PM
My bike was totaled last year. After adding helibars, ultimate seat, lower front end monotubes, 1 inch lowering link and Mc Cruise ctrl, I was still not comfortable riding F6B due to my short inseam. I was at Sturgis last year and rented Street Glide special. Liked the way that bike fit me. But it was surprising that unladen seat height on street glide was 27 inches with only less than 2 inches of suspension travel. Whereas seat height on Indian chieftain is 26 inches with close to 4 inches of travel. After riding chieftain I liked the way it fit me.

I've enjoyed being on this forum. Folks here are amazing. I'm still going to stick around here. I like to ride long distance and this is gr8 forum to discuss and share info on riding. If i was little more taller I cud have bought another F6B in a heart beat. IMHO no bike is prefect but we have to find that fits us the best. And I think I have found one for now.

Ride Safe !!!

six2go
03-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Good choice, I love the new Indians.:clap2:

BACA
03-30-2016, 09:16 PM
It's not what you ride........it's that you ride.

Ride Safe, But Often!!!!

CopperMike
03-30-2016, 10:45 PM
It's not what you ride........it's that you ride.

Ride Safe, But Often!!!!

+1!

Full throttle -Full Lean!

BEIST
03-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Glad to hear you got back on the horse. 'riding'

Enjoy your new bike! Ride safe! I love my F6B but when I'm riding - very rarely do I look down at the bike. Keep your head up.

ths61
03-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Good luck with your new Indian. Polaris seems to have put their focus on their Indian line while ignoring their Victory line. The Indian fit-n-finish appears to be better as well. I noticed Indian uses real paint details instead of paper decals (Victory).

114th COBRA
03-31-2016, 05:36 AM
It's a good looking machine and you're still in the wind. Enjoy the ride and be safe. :clap2:

Old Ryder
03-31-2016, 05:51 AM
Matters not the letters on the tank. It is still the same wind in your face!

Ride on.

Hornblower
03-31-2016, 06:02 AM
Great looking bike :yes:. Check back with us from time-to-time to let us know how it's working out for you.

opas ride
03-31-2016, 09:53 AM
My bike was totaled last year. After adding helibars, ultimate seat, lower front end monotubes, 1 inch lowering link and Mc Cruise ctrl, I was still not comfortable riding F6B due to my short inseam. I was at Sturgis last year and rented Street Glide special. Liked the way that bike fit me. But it was surprising that unladen seat height on street glide was 27 inches with only less than 2 inches of suspension travel. Whereas seat height on Indian chieftain is 26 inches with close to 4 inches of travel. After riding chieftain I liked the way it fit me.

I've enjoyed being on this forum. Folks here are amazing. I'm still going to stick around here. I like to ride long distance and this is gr8 forum to discuss and share info on riding. If i was little more taller I cud have bought another F6B in a heart beat. IMHO no bike is prefect but we have to find that fits us the best. And I think I have found one for now.

Ride Safe !!!

I also have a shorter inseam, but with the Mustang seat and tall heels on my boots I am fine for now...Never owned an Indian motorcycle, but have had two Victory's and they were nice bikes...If I go back to a V-Twin ride it will most likely be the Victory Magnum as it is a gorgeous motorcycle in my opinion....Ride safe and enjoy your new bike.....

stepbill
03-31-2016, 09:59 AM
I also have a shorter inseam, but with the Mustang seat and tall heels on my boots I am fine for now...Never owned an Indian motorcycle, but have had two Victory's and they were nice bikes...If I go back to a V-Twin ride it will most likely be the Victory Magnum as it is a gorgeous motorcycle in my opinion....Ride safe and enjoy your new bike.....

Opus, you don't wear the same high heels that Katlin Jenner wears, do you? :yikes::nono:

shooter
03-31-2016, 11:14 AM
Bill that's just preposterous. Opas has far better style than Caitlyn.

Ericb445
03-31-2016, 07:23 PM
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Good Luck
-Eric

wantone
03-31-2016, 09:29 PM

Yeah I had mustang seat too including lower front monotubes and 1 inch lowering kit in the back. I was still not comfortable. After sitting on tons of bikes I realized most comfortable seat height for me was 25 to 26 inches. Seat height on F6B is 28.1 inches.

Brewdog
04-01-2016, 05:47 AM
Wantone,

Nice bike! I test rode the Indian Roadmaster last year at "roar on the shore" in Erie. Very nice motorcycle with great power !
I really wanted a 6 cylinder bike this time, so I decided on the F6B. Good luck and enjoy. See you in Beckley sometime. Keep the rubber side down. :yes:

JackB
04-01-2016, 06:32 AM
I love the new Indians. You got a great looking ride.