PDA

View Full Version : Long Ride Shield Addition

soberbiker
04-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Added the 12" Long Ride Shield today. Hoping it's not too tall. I had a 11" C-Baily's that the previous owner had, but I wanted just a bit more protection.

Long Rider Shield19929 LRS from the back19931
C-Baily's 3925

I guess when it quits snowing I'll get to check it out on the road....batman-smilie.

STR8UP
04-02-2016, 02:27 PM
I have a 13 inch LRS on mine and at 5'6" I can easily see over it. Even the 14 inch would have worked.

soberbiker
04-02-2016, 02:39 PM
I forgot to add I have the Corbin seat as well. I believe that sets me back a touch and lower.

SimonTemplar
04-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Is that the LRS Taka-S shield? I've been looking at those. (Wish they used material as thick or thicker than OEM.....that's what has stopped me up til now)

How is it on hardness compared to OEM?

....sT

soberbiker
04-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Is that the LRS Taka-S shield? I've been looking at those. (Wish they used material as thick or thicker than OEM.....that's what has stopped me up til now)

How is it on hardness compared to OEM?

....sT

To tell you the truth...I haven't checked the hardness of the shield. I didn't really notice a difference when installing but then again, I wasn't thinking in that direction. I see if I can tell a difference today.

wjduke
04-03-2016, 06:37 AM
That looks like a good height to me...mine could stand to be a hair taller like that.

waynerock66
04-03-2016, 10:57 AM
I've been looking at those also. Let us know how it works.

SimonTemplar
04-03-2016, 11:35 PM
To tell you the truth...I haven't checked the hardness of the shield. I didn't really notice a difference when installing but then again, I wasn't thinking in that direction. I see if I can tell a difference today.

For those interested, I wrote to LRS about the Taka-S screens. The following was the response I received......

For the F6B, we use a bit thinner material. I believe the stock is .156 and ours is .135". It's an impact modified acrylic. DOT approved. No hard coating, but it is hardened and scratch resistant and can be polished.

James Ferlingere
Director of Operations
LRS
A Division of Quality Plastics

(You'll notice there was a deft sidestep on the matter of hardness compared with OEM.)

....sT

soberbiker
04-04-2016, 05:05 AM
Went out for a spin yesterday and the wind were very strong here in N/W Indiana. The shield was everything I wanted. Nice bubble, wind hitting just @ head crown area and no buffeting.

Like Simon says, the thickness is a touch thinner but the shield didn't budge. I really am pleased with everything about this shield! :yes: