PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll be moving on...

Nero
04-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Well I decided to trade the 2015 F6B on a 2015 Multistrada today. I purchased the F6B back in December of last year, loved the motor but the ergonomics didn't fit me. I never got used to the weight and girth of the thing. I 've always had Italian sport bikes and I realize now that the Honda, though a fine bike in it's own right would never fill the void left by my Moto Guzzi. Through the years I've been a member of more forums than I can remember, the community here is friendly, knowledgeable and at times downright hilarious. I will miss this place. Thank you for allowing me to add my $.02. Ride safe!
Nero

ths61
04-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Congrats and good luck with the new scoot. Don't be a stranger.

carpdm
04-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Thanks for your help with a self storage location. If I get a bike out your way, I'll check back on the forum to see if you're still lurking.

Good luck with your new ride.

shooter
04-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Nero , don't be a stranger. We pretty much accept anybody around here. I mean , them Guzzi boys can't be as much fun as a bunch of gun totin , name callin , fish story tellin , Trump lovin bunch of Honda owners. Stick around buddy.

Nero
04-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Well rest assured I will probably check in from time to time. Lots of interesting folks on this site for sure. If any of you get out Arizona way look me up, lunch is on me...

six2go
04-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Well I decided to trade the 2015 F6B on a 2015 Multistrada today. I purchased the F6B back in December of last year, loved the motor but the ergonomics didn't fit me. I never got used to the weight and girth of the thing. I 've always had Italian sport bikes and I realize now that the Honda, though a fine bike in it's own right would never fill the void left by my Moto Guzzi. Through the years I've been a member of more forums than I can remember, the community here is friendly, knowledgeable and at times downright hilarious. I will miss this place. Thank you for allowing me to add my $.02. Ride safe!
NeroI envy you Nero. The Multi has been on my radar for quite some time and the new ones have only intensified the feeling. My problem is that I live in a black hole for European bikes and I need a good dealer for whatever I own.
Good luck with that new ride. .notworthy.

Airborne06
04-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Nero

Speaking of Moto Guzzi, have you seen the soon-to-be-released "Flying Fortress?"
http://mgx21.motoguzzi.com/en/

unsub
04-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Speaking of Moto Guzzi, have you seen the soon-to-be-released "Flying Fortress?"
http://mgx21.motoguzzi.com/en/

Well, if Moto Guzzi is just one thing, they are pretty to look at. The California and the Norge are also very beautiful machines.

Nero
04-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Moto Guzzi's problem is timeless, a weak dealer network and young sales people who don't or won't understand the Brand. Piaggio has pumped a ton of money into the Moto Guzzi line. I really think my Griso was equal to if not superior to Ducati with regard to quality and durability. Sadly there are no longer any Guzzi dealers in The Valley where I'm based. There is a small shop in Tucson where I bought my Griso in 2014. I spoke with the owner two months ago when I first started having second thoughts about my F6B. He told me then he could no longer afford to stay with Piaggio. Kind of sad but it's the way of the world..

moosedog
04-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Moto Guzzi's problem is timeless, a weak dealer network and young sales people who don't or won't understand the Brand. Piaggio has pumped a ton of money into the Moto Guzzi line. I really think my Griso was equal to if not superior to Ducati with regard to quality and durability. Sadly there are no longer any Guzzi dealers in The Valley where I'm based. There is a small shop in Tucson where I bought my Griso in 2014. I spoke with the owner two months ago when I first started having second thoughts about my F6B. He told me then he could no longer afford to stay with Piaggio. Kind of sad but it's the way of the world..

Good luck Nero. I decided to get away from BMW after riding them for several years for similar reasons. Dealer network is bigger than Guzzi, but still very small compared to Honda, Harley, etc. I did have a dealer about 30 minutes from me but was not very happy with them and the next closest was 3 1/2 hours away. I know the Multistrada is not a Guzzi, but I drove one last year and was very impressed with it. Keep the front end down and have fun!

Airborne06
04-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Good luck Nero. I decided to get away from BMW after riding them for several years for similar reasons. Dealer network is bigger than Guzzi, but still very small compared to Honda, Harley, etc. I did have a dealer about 30 minutes from me but was not very happy with them and the next closest was 3 1/2 hours away. I know the Multistrada is not a Guzzi, but I drove one last year and was very impressed with it. Keep the front end down and have fun!

Same issue here. Closest Guzzi dealer to me is 90 minutes. I can't imagine traveling cross-country and needing a dealer in an emergency. Not very comforting....

RickJ
04-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Good luck...as long as you're on two wheels, you have a place here! (even THREE wheels)

F6BLK
04-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Trip to Alaska!!What did you have before your F6B!! Good Times!!

motozeke
04-15-2016, 10:38 PM
Huh. I did just the opposite. Put 15,000 miles on a Multi and just never clicked with it. Different strokes, for sure. Enjoy!

Rob41
04-20-2016, 01:59 AM
Enjoy your new ride. I owned an Ambassador and an Eldorado which I really enjoyed. In fact there are a couple of new Guzzi's that are on my very short list of prospective bikes to get. Good luck with your new Ducati!