PDA

View Full Version : FIRST Hartco Seat for an F6B!

timjoebob
04-03-2016, 04:22 PM
In 2013, when I purchased the bike, I immediately called Mark . They made the best seat I've ever ridden when I had my 2005 Gold Wing, but didn't make a seat for the F6B (since it was so new). Mark said to check back with him, which I did in November, 2015.

I guess I nagged him enough, because he agreed to make the very first Hartco seat for me if I would send him a seat pan from a stock seat. I bought a used stock seat and sent it to him in late-Nov/early Dec.

Today, I am happy to say I have the first Hartco Seat made for a F6B!

I haven't ridden on it long enough to give you a long-term report.

53driver
04-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Looks sharp!

Did it keep your butt about the same spot? Higher? Lower? More forward? Back?

timjoebob
04-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Looks sharp!

Did it keep your butt about the same spot? Higher? Lower? More forward? Back?

Sorry... I forgot to mention the riding position: about a 1/2" higher than stock and about the same position forward and aft.

53driver
04-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Sorry... I forgot to mention the riding position: about a 1/2" higher than stock and about the same position forward and aft.

Thanks!

Jimmytee
04-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Seat looks very nice. Is that Velour? My Corbin seat is done completely in Velour.

Also, I know I have seen them before on here , but would you tell me what those black patches are on the sides of the faux tank.

timjoebob
04-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Seat looks very nice. Is that Velour? My Corbin seat is done completely in Velour.

Also, I know I have seen them before on here , but would you tell me what those black patches are on the sides of the faux tank.

Yep, velour. The sun on it made the photos look weird, but it's very plush. Better than vinyl or leather IMO... not as hot in hot ridng weather and not as cold on cold days, too.

On the side of my center panel are "tank protectors." I wear riding pants and my knees sometimes rub and can cause scratching. No more.

Jimmytee
04-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Yep, velour. The sun on it made the photos look weird, but it's very plush. Better than vinyl or leather IMO... not as hot in hot ridng weather and not as cold on cold days, too.

On the side of my center panel are "tank protectors." I wear riding pants and my knees sometimes rub and can cause scratching. No more.

I know, my Corbin is entirely covered in velour.

Where did you get the tank protectors?

shooter
04-03-2016, 10:00 PM
You guys have velour issues.:stirthepot:

willtill
04-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Is that (velour) waterproof?

timjoebob
04-04-2016, 06:33 AM

Nope. He does sell raincovers for his seats.

timjoebob
04-04-2016, 06:34 AM
You guys have velour issues.:stirthepot:

Do you know a good counselor?

Jimmytee
04-04-2016, 08:23 AM

That's a loaded question because a lot of aftermarket seat manufacturers do not claim their seats to be water proof. That's why Ultimate sells ride on seat covers for their seats.I know,I have them on my Valkyrie.
What I will tell you is that my seat stays dry as long as my fat ass is planted on it.:icon_wink:
The passenger seat has been exposed a few times in heavy rain and it got wet, but amazingly, at least with my velour covered Corbin seat, the seat dries out very quickly.

willtill
04-04-2016, 09:20 AM
I didn't mean for it to be a loaded question. I was just curious... that stuff looks like velvet. Was wondering if Velour has some waterproof backing.

Am aware that other aftermarket seats are not waterproof as well.... :icon_wink:

stepbill
04-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Velour feels great if you ride without pants!!!! Just be sure to get a dark color :icon_redface::shhh:.

shooter
04-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Do you know a good counselor?

Stroguy would be the only one sick enough to talk about it.

Phantom
04-12-2016, 09:03 PM
:icon_cool::yes:

HARTCO Seats is now a F6B Riders Supporting Vendor.

:cheers:

53driver
04-13-2016, 12:05 AM

.welcome20.'welcome gang'.welcome20.

timjoebob
05-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Mark Hart was great to work with! Welcome to Hartco Seats as a sponsor.:clap2:

ths61
05-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Dumb question, but what is the reasoning behind velour/velvet/suede seat covers versus vinyl/leather other than appearance ?

Jimmytee
05-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Dumb question, but what is the reasoning behind velour/velvet/suede seat covers versus vinyl/leather other than appearance ?

Well my Corbin is completely covered in velour, and I can tell you it is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. You'll really notice a big difference when you've parked for whatever reason in the sun and come back to get on your bike, there is no discomforting burn your ass feeling.:icon_wink:

willtill
05-01-2016, 04:30 PM

Don't think there is any "reasoning" other than appearance....? I mean if you are wearing thick denim/leathers... would you feel the softness of the velour?

Phantom
05-01-2016, 05:14 PM
I don't have experience with one, however it is possible that it has a secondary effect ….
Moisture wicking … your sweat has a place to go and the air will dry it out instead of having a sweaty rear end during a long and hot summer day. Hence some owners stating that the seat stays cool.

On a vinyl seat ….. between your skin and seat, you only have your pants to absorb the moisture :shrug:

.nothing.to.sdd.

shooter
05-01-2016, 05:16 PM
I don't have experience with one, however it is possible that it has a secondary effect ….
Moisture wicking … your sweat has a place to go and the air will dry it out instead of having a sweaty rear end during a long and hot summer day. Hence some owners stating that the seat stays cool.

On a vinyl seat ….. between your skin and seat, you only have your pants to absorb the moisture :shrug:

.nothing.to.sdd.

Are you trying to say I have a hot ass?

stepbill
05-01-2016, 08:13 PM
and perky!

shooter
05-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Thanks Bill !!!

Richie
05-23-2016, 08:31 AM
I ordered a Hartco seat and rider backrest, now just waiting for it to come.
Hope all works out.

Richie

3Chief
06-15-2016, 01:19 AM
How much $$$ are these running? Bought a Mustang and I'm quite happy with it...maybe after a few more rides, however it seems a lot stiffer than the Mustang on my VTX ever was.

Richie
06-15-2016, 09:31 AM
I received my Hartco seat and installed it a couple of days ago.

The seat is beautifully made top quality and looks great on my bike.

I have not had a chance to put many miles on it, but did do about 150 miles so far. This seat is very comfortable right from the start.

I did have to get used to the back rest since i never had one before. After a few miles i think it will be great, it does give me support for my old back.

Seat gives me a better reach to the bars good for my back.

My wife hasn't had a chance to ride as of yet, hoping that she is as happy as i am.

You could not find a better man to talk with and deal with than Mark. He, his co. and his quality of work are all top notch.

As for price they are not cheap but are custom made for each person.

Richie

ShanghaiDan
06-15-2016, 02:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgmiGN2mi2M

BobR
06-15-2016, 05:51 PM

You can spray the Velour with Scotch Gard and it will be waterproof.

Richie
06-16-2016, 09:07 AM
You can spray the Velour with Scotch Gard and it will be waterproof.

There is a rain cover for this seat.

Richie