PDA

View Full Version : Where to Get Spacer Collars for the Rear Carrier

YikesCops
04-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I have a knock off Rear Carrier rack and I'm looking for the right collars (long and short) that will fit the rack. Looks like the OEM version comes with a set. Is there anyway that I can get these aftermarket?

Dirtstiff's F6B
04-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Try Ace.
You might have to cut them to size and paint.

Phantom
04-04-2016, 01:19 PM
I have a knock off Rear Carrier rack and I'm looking for the right collars (long and short) that will fit the rack. Looks like the OEM version comes with a set. Is there anyway that I can get these aftermarket?

I have found similar spacers in chrome at my local ACE Hardware store. They did have some in plastic which I would not recommend since you will be putting weight on them.

YikesCops
04-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Anybody know the depth of those, long and short?

bob109
04-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Anybody know the depth of those, long and short?

Info on the barrel lengths can be found in this post!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?456-Home-Brewed-Luggage-Rack

Papa Tater
04-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Info on the barrel lengths can be found in this post!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?456-Home-Brewed-Luggage-Rack

Just looked at your thread, like what you had made. Seen it at The RTE at Cody's. I forgot to ask where did you get the solid black material for the larger one? I think I might be able to use my collars that came with the Honda Rack. I thinking about putting a small type box similar to the GiVi Box with a subwoofer in a seal box inside, just not sure of the weight or weight span of the/a cutting board strength. thanks Papa Tater

Jimmytee
04-04-2016, 09:01 PM
I just got some black anodized spacers from these people.

http://aluminumspacers.com/

STR8UP
04-04-2016, 09:09 PM
I bought the Twisted Throttle Givi rack to be able to use a top case. I didn't like how the rack sat too high at the back and too far from the bike. I used stacks of washers instead of the spacers in the kit and removed some washers until I found the right distance and slope. Then I cut the spacers from the kit to the right measurements and I got the exact results I wanted. I could have left the washers but since I had the black spacers I used those. Now the rack slightly slopes down in the same direction as the bike's tail.

bob109
04-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Just looked at your thread, like what you had made. Seen it at The RTE at Cody's. I forgot to ask where did you get the solid black material for the larger one? I think I might be able to use my collars that came with the Honda Rack. I thinking about putting a small type box similar to the GiVi Box with a subwoofer in a seal box inside, just not sure of the weight or weight span of the/a cutting board strength. thanks Papa Tater

The black commercial grade vinyl was acquired from a friend who manufactures it. You could possibly buy it on-line. I was fortunate enough to get two blanks free:shhh: The vinyl is extremely rigid and can hold considerable weight i.e. my loaded golf bag for example:icon_lol:

Papa Tater
04-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Thanks and that will give me a start for my project.