PDA

View Full Version : F6B Exhaust Suggestions.......

legnor
08-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi guys and gals. This is my first venture into the "wing" motorcycles. I have ridden vtwins my whole life. I love my F6B but I am having a very hard time finding an exhaust kit whether it be a full systme or just slip ons that will give me that loud, deep rumble. I'm looking for some "pi@@ off the neighbors" pipes. I have searched googlel videos for 2 hours and cannot find anything that I like. It seems to me that all wing exhaust products are made to be somewhat quiet. That's not what I want. I want to be able to set off car alarms when I ride through the parking lot. Any suggestions would be very helpful. And if you could include a link to a vid or a vid yourself that would really make my day. I look forward to hearing back from some of you. Thanks in advance!!

jakec
08-25-2013, 11:14 AM
legnor, look at the Cobra 626, with the baffles out they are very loud.
Jakec

chipmaker
08-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm looking for some "pi@@ off the neighbors" pipes.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/Warlock0716/633921783736320000-facepalm.jpg

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 11:28 AM
This doesn't help the OP in any way, or F6B riders, but, back in the day, Hard Krome made these for the Valks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT37RrqZow4

Two Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdO3eMVonY&feature=player_embedded

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 12:34 PM
legnor, if you are at all close to the location where the F6B rally is being held in Franklin, NC.......stop by for a look at what others have done with their exhaust systems, and listen to the diffetrent notes being played.

The aftermarket manufacturers have been busy since the F6B came out. There are several brands that can do what you want them to do. Most of the aftermarket makers have been swamped trying to push product out as fast as they can.

Personally, I made the decision to WAIT until the middle of Winter, after all the initial orders have been filled by early buyers...and now these same exhaust makers have extra stock sitting on their shelves, and but what I want in late January, or early February.

Until that time...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now, but I will see how they are during this little ride I am leaving on tomorrow morning. It will be a 7,000 miles ride in 10 days.

So...come to Franklin, NC is you can. Otherwise...just wait a couple months, and there will be stock sitting on the shelves, and a better selection.

legnor
08-25-2013, 12:44 PM
This doesn't help the OP in any way, or F6B riders, but, back in the day, Hard Krome made these for the Valks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT37RrqZow4

Two Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPdO3eMVonY&feature=player_embedded

Man, that's the sound I'm looking for!!!! Perfect!!! Any idea what I can get for the F6B to get that sound?

legnor
08-25-2013, 12:45 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/Warlock0716/633921783736320000-facepalm.jpg

Chipmaker, what is this supposed to mean? What are you trying to say with pictures not words?

legnor
08-25-2013, 12:49 PM
legnor, if you are at all close to the location where the F6B rally is being held in Franklin, NC.......stop by for a look at what others have done with their exhaust systems, and listen to the diffetrent notes being played.

The aftermarket manufacturers have been busy since the F6B came out. There are several brands that can do what you want them to do. Most of the aftermarket makers have been swamped trying to push product out as fast as they can.

Personally, I made the decision to WAIT until the middle of Winter, after all the initial orders have been filled by early buyers...and now these same exhaust makers have extra stock sitting on their shelves, and but what I want in late January, or early February.

Until that time...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now, but I will see how they are during this little ride I am leaving on tomorrow morning. It will be a 7,000 miles ride in 10 days.

So...come to Franklin, NC is you can. Otherwise...just wait a couple months, and there will be stock sitting on the shelves, and a better selection.

Man I wish I come come to the rally. But, I'm all the way out here in Phoenix, Az.

bobbyf6b
08-25-2013, 12:56 PM
The Cobra's set off car alarms, here's proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6_kV6SXxAM

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Man I wish I come come to the rally. But, I'm all the way out here in Phoenix, Az.

legnor....I do not understand. What does living in Phoenix have to do with the ability, or lack thereof, to attend the rally in Franklin, NC. ???:shock:

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Man, that's the sound I'm looking for!!!! Perfect!!! Any idea what I can get for the F6B to get that sound?

Sorry, nothing currently available. 6 into 6 pipes are the only way to get the 'staccato' sound of each cylinder as it fires. The Current Cobra 6 - 2 - 6 is basically your existing OEM 6 - 2 with a 3-outlet slip-on added to each side. It has the look, but not the sound, of 6 into 6.

Without replacing / altering the OEM 6-2 system, you can't change many aspects of the sounds that system produces. Louder, deeper, etc, yes, but slip-ons can only do so much.

The F6B hasn't been out very long. More manufacturers will 'be tempted' to offer their 'louder' goods, but remember, there are far more 'conventional' Goldwings out there that tend to want 'quiet'. (Follow the $$$$)

I reckon the manufacturers contemplating any 'full' system will want to see the F6B sales be successful before they develop a full blown 6 into 6 system.

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM

Miles is the kinda guy who believes riding 'from Phoenix to the rally' is the equivalent of heading to the corner store for a loaf of bread,,,

I'm beginning to think he never sleeps, or has learned how to ride and sleep at the same time! :shock:

legnor
08-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Miles is the kinda guy who believes riding 'from Phoenix to the rally' is the equivalent of heading to the corner store for a loaf of bread,,,

I'm beginning to think he never sleeps, or has learned how to ride and sleep at the same time! :shock:

LOL!!! Yeah, it's only an 1,800 mile jaunt!! Easy peasy!!

SpeedyWho
08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Chipmaker, what is this supposed to mean? What are you trying to say with pictures not words?

I think what hes saying is if you want "Piss off the Neighbors Exhaust" you bought the wrong bike and should have stayed on your Vtwin.

kentucky strong
08-25-2013, 03:47 PM
I wonder what the weight difference is with the six into six compared to stock. I'm assuming they must be heavier than the stock set up.

legnor
08-25-2013, 05:10 PM
I think what hes saying is if you want "Piss off the Neighbors Exhaust" you bought the wrong bike and should have stayed on your Vtwin.

I don't believe a word of that. A motor is a motor and loud as hell without pipes. So, there must be a manufacturer out there that makes what I'm looking for. I don't understand why most "Wing" riders want their bikes to be so quiet. Loud pipes save lives is true. It's saved my ass a few times. I'm really digging the Tailgunners exhaust. Can you imagine a set of gatling guns coming out from under the bags? Sick!!!

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL!!! Yeah, it's only an 1,800 mile jaunt!! Easy peasy!!

I am the one that is LOL !!!! My ride to the Rally, from my house to there, is 2800 miles, so...if you want I can swing South, pick you up, and we can both make it to the Rally...on time. :icon_mrgreen:

legnor
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I am the one that is LOL !!!! My ride to the Rally, from my house to there, is 2800 miles, so...if you want I can swing South, pick you up, and we can both make it to the Rally...on time. :icon_mrgreen:

That sounds like a plan stan! When is the rally? I need to check to see if I can get the time off. But, yeah, I'm down with riding out here with you. Let me know.
Larry 480-241-0195

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 08:07 PM
That sounds like a plan stan! When is the rally? I need to check to see if I can get the time off. But, yeah, I'm down with riding out here with you. Let me know.
Larry 480-241-0195

Ah...Larry, the F6B Rally starts this coming Thursday, August 29th, and ends the following Monday, Sept. 2nd.

I am leaving the Seattle, WA. area tomorrow morning, at 8:00 am, and riding out to North Carolina. If you want me to swing down to the dust bowl of Phoenix, and pick you up, you better start packing right now, and be prepared to leave your house at 6:00 am on Tuesday. It is a one day ride from my house to your house, about 1450 miles, and it is a two day ride from your house to the Rally in Franklin, NC., about 1800 miles.

Are you ready ?:icon_cool:

flyboy
08-25-2013, 09:07 PM
I wonder what the weight difference is with the six into six compared to stock. I'm assuming they must be heavier than the stock set up.

I didn't weigh mine but they are not heavy compared to the Vance and Hines monster slip ons which, I think, are 14 lbs heavier than stock.

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 09:13 PM
I told ya he doesn't sleep!! LMAO!!!

MichaelG
08-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I told ya he doesn't sleep!! LMAO!!!

Scotrod...funny you say that...as the plan for the first 36 hours of my ride out to Franklin, NC. is to leave here at 8:00 am tomorrow morning, and to ride for the next 36 hours, to stop someplace in Eastern Kansas, on Tuesday evening. :shhh:

gray rider
08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Yup, I did that one time in 1984 , long haul 23 hours straight through to get back for work. At my last gas stop I pulled in and didn't put my feet down. SMASH! Right over like a beached whale. I was late for work the next day but at least I'm still around to remember the trip.

Scotrod
08-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Scotrod...funny you say that...as the plan for the first 36 hours of my ride out to Franklin, NC. is to leave here at 8:00 am tomorrow morning, and to ride for the next 36 hours, to stop someplace in Eastern Kansas, on Tuesday evening. :shhh:

You're a better man than me, Miles!!!
Might have done stuff like that in my earlier years,,, maybe, but I've become 'too domesticated' since then!! LOL!!!

legnor
08-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Ah...Larry, the F6B Rally starts this coming Thursday, August 29th, and ends the following Monday, Sept. 2nd.

I am leaving the Seattle, WA. area tomorrow morning, at 8:00 am, and riding out to North Carolina. If you want me to swing down to the dust bowl of Phoenix, and pick you up, you better start packing right now, and be prepared to leave your house at 6:00 am on Tuesday. It is a one day ride from my house to your house, about 1450 miles, and it is a two day ride from your house to the Rally in Franklin, NC., about 1800 miles.

Are you ready ?:icon_cool:

LMAO!!! I ain't gonna make it man. That's kinda short notice. Gotta work. Thanks for the invite though.

Hook
08-26-2013, 09:08 AM
...I went ahead and drilled my exhaust, and...it came out TOO loud. The drone going down the road was hard on my already deaf ears.
So....I have now plugged a couple holes on each side...with Brass Plugs...the holes were 3/4 inch holes. It sounds better now, I drilled 3- 1'holes and sounds real good and very happy with the rumble.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131910_zps24144d18.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131910_zps24144d18.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131825_zpsf9ae81b5.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131825_zpsf9ae81b5.jpg.html)

MSGT-R
08-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi guys and gals. This is my first venture into the "wing" motorcycles. I have ridden vtwins my whole life. I love my F6B but I am having a very hard time finding an exhaust kit whether it be a full systme or just slip ons that will give me that loud, deep rumble. I'm looking for some "pi@@ off the neighbors" pipes. I have searched googlel videos for 2 hours and cannot find anything that I like. It seems to me that all wing exhaust products are made to be somewhat quiet. That's not what I want. I want to be able to set off car alarms when I ride through the parking lot. Any suggestions would be very helpful. And if you could include a link to a vid or a vid yourself that would really make my day. I look forward to hearing back from some of you. Thanks in advance!!

So, call Jimmy @ Torque Master and tell him you want a set of pipes that require hearing protection. I bet you can call Cobra and ask for the same.

Mustangjake
08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
I took my mufflers completely off and ran it that way.
Its still not very loud !
I drilled 5 half inch holes in the back of my mufflers then gutted the tips.
I'm pretty happy with that. Sounds like a Porsche!

MSGT-R
08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
If someone is looking for that "Harley" sound, you're never going to get it with the overlap of six smaller cylinders, coming out of two exhaust valves, into a much longer exhaust system.

Yeah, it will sound like a Porsche :icon_wink:

Scotrod
08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Am I the only one who thinks a 24 valve wing would be ~fun~? :icon_twisted:

MSGT-R
08-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Honda's never going to boost the power on this motor, even though it has much more potential than it's running now. They want to keep the reliability up and the insurance premiums down.

flyboy
08-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks a 24 valve wing would be ~fun~? :icon_twisted:

I would love to have a 24 valve wing with maybe a 7000 rpm redline or so! :icon_biggrin::icon_twisted::icon_biggrin:

legnor
08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I drilled 3- 1'holes and sounds real good and very happy with the rumble.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131910_zps24144d18.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131910_zps24144d18.jpg.html)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/hooksup2/0418131825_zpsf9ae81b5.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/hooksup2/media/0418131825_zpsf9ae81b5.jpg.html)

Hey man. You have a sound bite or a video of what those sound like? Cuz, if drilling my exhaust will hold me over till someone makes a killer pipe, then I'm down with that!

Hook
08-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Hey man. You have a sound bite or a video of what those sound like? Cuz, if drilling my exhaust will hold me over till someone makes a killer pipe, then I'm down with that!No sound bites....But I guarantee you will like it and it will save you over $800.:icon_biggrin:

Gumby
08-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Embrace the stealth.

Remember every neighbor you piss off votes. One day you'll be whining about not being able to ride motorcycles or not being able to buy aftermarket parts and the only person you'll have to blame is yourself. You think it won't happen? It already is.

If you're that much of an attention whore find another outlet. Don't fuck with my motorcycle or my ability to enjoy it.

I already can't ride to any nice riding places around where I live because of all the asswipes endeavoring to piss people off on their v twins. I've looked at a bunch of houses in the country and had to take some off the list because they were too close to nice riding roads and the roar was constant all day long. It makes me angry I have to choose between living on a great riding road and listening to juvenile morons all day.

I apologize for the rant. I don't care if you don't wear a helmet or like to wear silly biker costumes when you ride. I don't care if you prefer 1920s tractor technology for twice the price because you like the image the badge on the tank symbolizes. Because that stuff just effects you. Loud, obnoxious pipes ruin a lot of things for everybody. You live in a society. It requires you to treat your neighbor like you would like to be treated and that means don't force your noise on them.

stevekoko
08-28-2013, 11:26 AM
I have a pair of Rush slip-ons for sale. they are black with chrome tips. includes clamps and two sets of baffles. The baffles are 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 so you can tune to your liking.
$425.00 for all. E-Mail me if you are interested at skokosinski@sbcglobal.net

JesseS
09-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Embrace the stealth.

Remember every neighbor you piss off votes. One day you'll be whining about not being able to ride motorcycles or not being able to buy aftermarket parts and the only person you'll have to blame is yourself. You think it won't happen? It already is.

If you're that much of an attention whore find another outlet. Don't fuck with my motorcycle or my ability to enjoy it.

I already can't ride to any nice riding places around where I live because of all the asswipes endeavoring to piss people off on their v twins. I've looked at a bunch of houses in the country and had to take some off the list because they were too close to nice riding roads and the roar was constant all day long. It makes me angry I have to choose between living on a great riding road and listening to juvenile morons all day.

I apologize for the rant. I don't care if you don't wear a helmet or like to wear silly biker costumes when you ride. I don't care if you prefer 1920s tractor technology for twice the price because you like the image the badge on the tank symbolizes. Because that stuff just effects you. Loud, obnoxious pipes ruin a lot of things for everybody. You live in a society. It requires you to treat your neighbor like you would like to be treated and that means don't force your noise on them.

I am with you, I like a nice peaceful ride in the country.... without having deer drop dead from the noise, besides, my wife won't ride on a noisy bike.

Cartouche
09-23-2013, 06:59 PM

It will never sound like à potatopotato HD twin but with a RUSH slip on, it will sound like à flat six Porsche. Much better, iśnt it ?
Listen :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4rtUnA-3Y

Cartouche
09-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Other video,
- comparing stock vs Rush exhaust
- on a black f6b
- and HP increase on Dyno as bonus
Don ´t know however about map modif.
Enjoying...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NhKVRRqkJE

yellowskeeter1
09-24-2013, 05:46 PM
It will never sound like à potatopotato HD twin but with a RUSH slip on, it will sound like à flat six Porsche. Much better, iśnt it ?
Listen :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4rtUnA-3Y

That's funny, I though the video was erased from my you tube account. Those bad boys are on my F6B now, had them ceramic coated black!

Bama Bagger
09-26-2013, 12:53 AM
This is good info to know. I remember early on with my Valkyrie there wasn't much out there initially so a lot of us either cut off the six "piggies" or drilled them. I drilled mine, put the chrome tips back on and got some fairly good (and cheap) rumble out of the stock pipes!

CobraUSA
09-26-2013, 12:43 PM
The Cobra Six-2-Six without baffles is definitely loud, and sounds very similar to our old Valk 6 Shooter. I'd recommend giving that a shot if you're looking for loud and good looks.