PDA

View Full Version : New Goldwing ?

vmaxed
04-07-2016, 08:20 AM
On the cover of a Japanese MC magazine devoted to upcoming models.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/enorton/2017%20gw.jpg

unsub
04-07-2016, 08:24 AM
http://carsintrend.com/2017-honda-goldwing-honda-is-currently-working-on-a-new-front-suspension/

It would have been nice if Honda marked their GW Anniversary with this newer design.... oh well. Funny, when I first saw the F6B I immediately thought of the old Dream. In fact I thought F6b Dream would have been a cool name.

Like it or hate it Honda is never resting on it's laurels, always innovating their product lines. When you think of their massive line of products and that dedication to continuous improvement, it clearly sets them apart from the rest of the herd. IMHO

gregj
04-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Interesting, that mag pic looks a lot like an ST. Would love to see the new ST be based off the GW.

F6BLK
04-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Looks like adjustable windshield! Would be nice if handle bars move too! taller up front.

willtill
04-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Interesting front suspension to boot...

53driver
04-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Interesting front suspension to boot...

Looks like an over-engineered BMW Telelever design.

Jayrock
04-07-2016, 05:16 PM
http://carsintrend.com/2017-honda-goldwing-honda-is-currently-working-on-a-new-front-suspension/

It would have been nice if Honda marked their GW Anniversary with this newer design.... oh well. Funny, when I first saw the F6B I immediately thought of the old Dream. In fact I thought F6b Dream would have been a cool name.

Like it or hate it Honda is never resting on it's laurels, always innovating their product lines. When you think of their massive line of products and that dedication to continuous improvement, it clearly sets them apart from the rest of the herd. IMHO

When I look at that picture, the front end reminds me of an Aspencade.

jm21ddd15
04-07-2016, 09:04 PM
The "B" still looks better! That's one reason I bought the 6, and not a Full Wing. Looks like Honda still uses the same motor, So the Wing won't be any faster. If the front suspension is that much better, it will most likely fit on our 6s. Frame looks the same too. JMO

ths61
04-07-2016, 09:43 PM
It looks revolting.

STR8UP
04-09-2016, 08:09 AM
I would like a view from the back to see if they changed the shape of the lights on the top case to finally match the style of the lower lights...right now it looks like an old case added to a new bike. The dashboard and gauges would be something I would like to see. The front suspension looks kinda weird. I owned a few Beemers the suspension components were hidden well inside the cowl. The front suspension is the only thing I miss from my K1200GT although replacing 2 ball joints was quite expensive.

Travelor
04-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Actually resembles the much older "Earles" type fork. Telelever and Duolever are the the more recent iterations of their "anti-dive" forks. The Earles fork (a leading link design) has rigid fork tubes that curve to the rear of the wheel, with a pivot at the end supporting a horizontal fork element holding the wheel and the spring/shock element which is then connected to the top of the fork tube. The Rune (and other older bikes) have used a similar design but in a "trailing link" configuration.

The Telelever has ball joints at the top where the fork tubes connect to the upper "triple tree", and then the a horizontal arm from the top of the sliding fork component that goes rearward to a pivot way back on the motor/frame. Their much touted "Duolever" is a takeoff from the "girder" type fork used on several makes including Indian, Vincent and Arial models." BMW's design refines the girder fork by separating the steering forces from the suspension forces (according to their marketing information).

DMAGOLDRDR
04-09-2016, 09:27 AM
The original magazine photo that vmaxed posted is NOT the same as the unsub posted !!!!!!!

The picture of the Wing with the leading link front suspension was a photo shopped picture that was in Rider magazine months ago of what Honda had patent on. Not to say it isn't going to be on a wing, just that it doesn't seem to be on the wing on the cover of the Japanese Magazine in the original post.

Look closer at the Wing in the Blue Circle in the first post and you see what looks to be the same front suspension we already have.

2015F6B
04-09-2016, 10:05 AM
The original magazine photo that vmaxed posted is NOT the same as the unsub posted !!!!!!!

Look closer at the Wing in the Blue Circle in the first post and you see what looks to be the same front suspension we already have.

unsub
04-09-2016, 04:05 PM

The picture of the Wing with the leading link front suspension was a photo shopped picture that was in Rider magazine months ago of what Honda had patent on. Not to say it isn't going to be on a wing, just that it doesn't seem to be on the wing on the cover of the Japanese Magazine in the original post.

Good point. At first glance in the picture I posted it seemed to me that whoever did the render striped away the body work to reveal what the mechanics would look like underneath. Clearly I didn't do any research and just grabbed the 1st clear pic I came across.

Maybe there is someone in the know around here that can post a genuine picture?

unsub
04-09-2016, 04:06 PM
It looks revolting.

WTF?