Pittsburghese;
Yinz - 2 or more of Y'all

One word covers it all

GaTeach
04-12-2016, 06:09 AM
Pittsburghese;
Yinz - 2 or more of Y'all

One word covers it all

The only thing is....none of us are likely to go on vacation to Pittsburgh.

Pap
04-12-2016, 08:05 AM

Ouch!
Well, maybe not for vacation, but if you're ever in the area, there are about 37 covered bridges around Pittsburgh to see for a start. Lol

shooter
04-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Hey , I knew there had to be a plus somewhere

Pap
04-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Lol ! I'll take anything I can get!

53driver
04-12-2016, 01:02 PM
For "all y'all" near Philly - I have a covered bridge run up through north eastern Bucks County.

It's a PDF, so PM me your email and I'll zap it to you.

shooter
04-12-2016, 01:46 PM

Pap , Teach is hardcore. And she don't like Yankees. Don't take it personal. She just don't like ANY Yankees. I'm glad I was born south of the Mason Dixon line. She's kinda scary and she runs with a bunch of Harley Hoodlums.

wjduke
04-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Pap , Teach is hardcore. And she don't like Yankees. Don't take it personal. She just don't like ANY Yankees. I'm glad I was born south of the Mason Dixon line. She's kinda scary and she runs with a bunch of Harley Hoodlums.

She hasn't met me yet...she'll have a new opinion of us damn yankees.

shooter
04-12-2016, 03:35 PM
She hasn't met me yet...she'll have a new opinion of us damn yankees.

Duke you gotta just lay low and keep your mouth shut. I've got you grandfathered in cause you're with me.

wjduke
04-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Duke you gotta just lay low and keep your mouth shut. I've got you grandfathered in cause you're with me.

You just blew my cover.

Pap
04-12-2016, 05:49 PM

Nope, didn't take it personal, all in good fun!
Gotta have a thick hide if you're gonna be jaggin' on the forums! :icon_lol:
Besides, this is a love fest tread,,,nuttin' but love :beer3:

coffee_weasle
04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
this brings back fond memories

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHPNUN-U8E

shooter
04-12-2016, 08:01 PM
You just blew my cover.

Shy.................tttt!!!!!!!!!!!

choptop
04-12-2016, 08:05 PM
I love an aromatic:bsII: ride threw the Wi countryside right after they have spread some fresh liquid cow manure, for a old farm boy that is heaven and something you won't get south of the MD line. Not the kind of love...:icon_lol:

coffee_weasle
04-12-2016, 08:40 PM
I love an aromatic:bsII: ride threw the Wi countryside right after they have spread some fresh liquid cow manure, for a old farm boy that is heaven and something you won't get south of the MD line. Not the kind of love...:icon_lol:

............................:crackup: :lolup: have you ever ridden through Nebraska?

GaTeach
04-12-2016, 08:47 PM

Northeast GA is the poultry capital of the world. I would rather eat a plate full of cowshit than one whiff of a chicken house in August.

Or get behind a chicken truck.

Or get behind a chicken truck that has an open cage and there is a trail of dead and splattered chickens all over the road. Horrible. Horrible place.

GaTeach
04-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Ouch!
Well, maybe not for vacation, but if you're ever in the area, there are about 37 covered bridges around Pittsburgh to see for a start. Lol

The next to last week of June, I'll be leaving Denver and headed to Valley Forge, PA. I've got about a week, so if that route goes through Pittsburgh, y'inz can show me a covered bridge or two.

I'm super glad a lot of these bridges have been preserved. So cool

GaTeach
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM

You've got me sitting here racking my brain trying to think of a Yankee I like. Lol. Surely there's one...

Bob Penn
04-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Ouch!

Covered bridge? I'd ride to Pittsburgh just for that famous sandwich shop they have there. You know the place but your not sharing are you:shhh:.

Pap
04-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Covered bridge? I'd ride to Pittsburgh just for that famous sandwich shop they have there. You know the place but your not sharing are you:shhh:.

Primanti's?
Awesome sandwiches!
I love the place. Nothing like it anywhere else that I've been.
You tell people what they are and they look at you like you are nuts.

Pap
04-12-2016, 09:18 PM
The next to last week of June, I'll be leaving Denver and headed to Valley Forge, PA. I've got about a week, so if that route goes through Pittsburgh, y'inz can show me a covered bridge or two.

I'm super glad a lot of these bridges have been preserved. So cool

Well you will be about 5 hrs East of me, but there is a covered bridge in that area too I think.
Good to see you're picking up the lingo!

shooter
04-12-2016, 10:01 PM
You've got me sitting here racking my brain trying to think of a Yankee I like. Lol. Surely there's one...

I can picture the look of concentration on your face. The sheer determination as you grit your teeth. And then the tightness goes out of your shoulders and that big grin comes to your face as you realize what you would do to a Yankee if you had one tied up outback right now.

Bob Penn
04-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Primanti's?
Awesome sandwiches!
I love the place. Nothing like it anywhere else that I've been.
You tell people what they are and they look at you like you are nuts.

That's the place!! If you can get Teach there she'll go back to GA. 30 pounds heavier. :stirthepot:

Pap
04-12-2016, 10:57 PM
That's the place!! If you can get Teach there she'll go back to GA. 30 pounds heavier. :stirthepot:

And they even have sweet tea!

choptop
04-13-2016, 06:23 AM
Northeast GA is the poultry capital of the world. I would rather eat a plate full of cowshit than one whiff of a chicken house in August.

Or get behind a chicken truck.

Or get behind a chicken truck that has an open cage and there is a trail of dead and splattered chickens all over the road. Horrible. Horrible place.

But they do taste good w/mashed potatoes and cream style corn !!

GaTeach
04-13-2016, 06:46 AM
I can picture the look of concentration on your face. The sheer determination as you grit your teeth. And then the tightness goes out of your shoulders and that big grin comes to your face as you realize what you would do to a Yankee if you had one tied up outback right now.

I feel about Yankees the way Nancy Hart felt about Tories.

Pap
04-13-2016, 06:57 AM

Georgia's most acclaimed female participant during
According to Revolutionary lore, Nancy Hart famously outwitted a group of Tories who had invaded her home. She served them wine and, once they were drunk, filched their weapons, which she used to shoot two of the men and hold the rest captive until help arrived. Painting by Louis S. Glanzman.
Nancy Hart
the Revolutionary War (1775-83) was Nancy Hart. A devout patriot, Hart gained notoriety during the revolution for her determined efforts to rid the area of Tories, English soldiers, and British sympathizers. Her single-handed efforts against Tories and Indians in the Broad River frontier, as well as her covert activities as a patriot spy, have become the stuff of myth, legend, and local folklore.
Frontierswoman
Although explicit details concerning most of her life are unknown, it is widely assumed that Nancy Ann Morgan Hart was born in North Carolina, somewhere in the Yadkin River valley (although some believe that she was born in Pennsylvania), around 1735 (some say 1747). During the early 1770s, Hart and her family left North Carolina and made their way into Georgia, eventually settling in the fertile Broad River valley.

So, she might have been from Pennsylvania???
It's unclear, but she might have been a Yankee!

GaTeach
04-13-2016, 07:12 AM
Georgia's most acclaimed female participant during
According to Revolutionary lore, Nancy Hart famously outwitted a group of Tories who had invaded her home. She served them wine and, once they were drunk, filched their weapons, which she used to shoot two of the men and hold the rest captive until help arrived. Painting by Louis S. Glanzman.
Nancy Hart
the Revolutionary War (1775-83) was Nancy Hart. A devout patriot, Hart gained notoriety during the revolution for her determined efforts to rid the area of Tories, English soldiers, and British sympathizers. Her single-handed efforts against Tories and Indians in the Broad River frontier, as well as her covert activities as a patriot spy, have become the stuff of myth, legend, and local folklore.
Frontierswoman
Although explicit details concerning most of her life are unknown, it is widely assumed that Nancy Ann Morgan Hart was born in North Carolina, somewhere in the Yadkin River valley (although some believe that she was born in Pennsylvania), around 1735 (some say 1747). During the early 1770s, Hart and her family left North Carolina and made their way into Georgia, eventually settling in the fertile Broad River valley.

So, she might have been from Pennsylvania???
It's unclear, but she might have been a Yankee!

Lol

Several years ago, I was teaching 8th grade Georgia History and we were talking about Nancy Hart.

One of the boys said, "Wow. She was tough!"
Another 8th grade boy: "Dr. Whitaker could've kicked her ass."

And you get an A, dear boy.

GaTeach
04-13-2016, 07:12 AM
Lol

Several years ago, I was teaching 8th grade Georgia History and we were talking about Nancy Hart.

One of the boys said, "Wow. She was tough!"
Another 8th grade boy: "Dr. Whitaker could've kicked her ass."

And you get an A, dear boy.

And I always teach that it was shine she fed them, not wine.

WarWoman Road in Rabun County was named after her. :) She's a legend in these parts. Supposedly she was six feet tall, cross-eyed, with wild red hair. That's why the Tories couldn't escape her and her musket! They couldn't tell which one she was looking at!!!!

Pap
04-13-2016, 07:39 AM

WarWoman Road in Rabun County was named after her. :) She's a legend in these parts. Supposedly she was six feet tall, cross-eyed, with wild red hair. That's why the Tories couldn't escape her and her musket! They couldn't tell which one she was looking at!!!!

Awesome woman! Lol

Bob Penn
04-13-2016, 01:09 PM

At the risk of plagiarism, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"

GaTeach
04-13-2016, 02:06 PM
At the risk of plagiarism, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"

OMG. I'm in my classroom, laughing out loud. Perfect.

I was thinking just the other day that everything I needed to know to make it through life, I learned from Scarlett.

Pap
04-13-2016, 05:16 PM
:yes:

Bob Penn
04-14-2016, 05:18 AM
OMG. I'm in my classroom, laughing out loud. Perfect.

I was thinking just the other day that everything I needed to know to make it through life, I learned from Scarlett.

Did you lose your plantation? Or are you trying to tell me Scarlett had a F6B?

GaTeach
04-14-2016, 06:13 AM
Did you lose your plantation? Or are you trying to tell me Scarlett had a F6B?

CopperMike
04-14-2016, 11:20 PM

GaTeach
04-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Today is my 10 month anniversary with Sweet GA. :)

wjduke
04-27-2016, 09:13 AM

Let's get moving and put some miles on that thing! :biker:

53driver
04-27-2016, 10:53 AM

And you've got almost 25k on her? Dang. Awesome. Envious. Maybe even jealous because those are north Georgia and western NC FUN roads.

GaTeach
04-27-2016, 11:03 PM
Let's get moving and put some miles on that thing! :biker:

Head South and let's ride!!!

GaTeach
04-27-2016, 11:04 PM
And you've got almost 25k on her? Dang. Awesome. Envious. Maybe even jealous because those are north Georgia and western NC FUN roads.

Yes. Every one of those ~25K miles has been spectacular. Every. Single. Mile.

wjduke
04-28-2016, 06:42 AM
Head South and let's ride!!!

You're living my dreams

shooter
04-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Duke we should go in halfsies on a Go-Pro and send it to Teach. She could record her rides and send us a copy. We could ride through her. Save us a lot of gas and time.

wjduke
04-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Duke we should go in halfsies on a Go-Pro and send it to Teach. She could record her rides and send us a copy. We could ride through her. Save us a lot of gas and time.

Do we really want to know where she goes? :yikes:

53driver
04-28-2016, 09:35 AM

Here's a good primer:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Adventures-Southern-Appalachians-Tennessee/dp/1889596108

Cheers,
Steve

GaTeach
07-28-2016, 10:56 PM

Hey Lloyd. Do you remember WarWoman Road?

shooter
07-29-2016, 07:42 AM

And I've been thinking about it. I don't have time to watch it. I would have to retire to be able to watch it.

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 09:32 AM
And I've been thinking about it. I don't have time to watch it. I would have to retire to be able to watch it.

I think I need to do a YouTube channel on my adventures. Like the Boston Truckuh. lol

shooter
07-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Hey , I could record that and watch it in the evening. We need a catchy title like "Teach does the Smoky Mountains".

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Hey , I could record that and watch it in the evening. We need a catchy title like "Teach does the Smoky Mountains".

OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I can't be sitting in my classroom cackling like this.

shooter
07-29-2016, 02:24 PM
First installment , "Teach on the Beach". Little docu of you and SG on the beach in NC. Open with you and SG on the beach. SG has an umbrella over her and you are sitting there in a lounge chair wearing a cute little two piece and one of those sun hats. Then you just talk about the roads in the the local area and we show some Go Pro footage of you riding locally. Maybe a little Bar and Grill review of the beachside fare. Then fade to one more shot of you in that cute little two piece walking away from the camera. Cut. One episode done. I've got a million ideas. We are gonna be rich as long as I can keep you in that cute little two piece. LMAO

BIGLRY
07-29-2016, 03:00 PM
First installment , "Teach on the Beach". Little docu of you and SG on the beach in NC. Open with you and SG on the beach. SG has an umbrella over her and you are sitting there in a lounge chair wearing a cute little two piece and one of those sun hats. Then you just talk about the roads in the the local area and we show some Go Pro footage of you riding locally. Maybe a little Bar and Grill review of the beachside fare. Then fade to one more shot of you in that cute little two piece walking away from the camera. Cut. One episode done. I've got a million ideas. We are gonna be rich as long as I can keep you in that cute little two piece. LMAO
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/2/1/4/7/7/1/a3234523-52-animated-laughing.gif?d=1273492044

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 09:14 PM
Someone has toooooo much time on his hands. lol

shooter
07-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Too much huh? I guess we aren't gonna be rich.

GaTeach
07-30-2016, 09:50 AM
Too much huh? I guess we aren't gonna be rich.

I'm thinking the two piece would be a great way to even out this biker tan. Maybe that should be my new riding outfit.

shooter
07-30-2016, 02:04 PM
We will have two Go-Pros going. One on you and one on the road.

unsub
07-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Phantom, Teach thanked you in another thread for all the prep work you do for the rally.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you again for making this site available to us.

Sometimes it's pretty entertaining, sometimes it flourishes with knowledge, and other times I scratch my head, take a breath and remember how important it can be for some just to have a platform to vent.

Mostly though the site oozes knowledge and fellowship through a common interest that I'm sure every member benefits from at one time or another. I know that I do.

I raise a glass to you and all members on this board, and to the success of the 2016 Rally.

Thank you.

:cheers:

wjduke
07-30-2016, 07:43 PM
:yes: Good call on that one.

GaTeach
08-08-2016, 11:20 AM
WAIT! Did Tony LOCK the rally thread? Omg. We have been put in timeout. Lol

Love you Tony!!!!! I promise to behave!

willtill
08-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Yep. Gotta exchange love in this thread... and keep that other one pure...

shooter
08-08-2016, 12:27 PM

Boy you folded like a wet newspaper. I call for impeachment. I'll have Al and Jesse here by dark.