PDA

View Full Version : Panama City Beach Bike Week April 27 - May 1

stevenolts
04-13-2016, 06:29 AM
Is anyone else going to be at the Panama City Beach Bike Week April 27 - May 1?
I will be there all week!!!
Steve

Sorcerer
04-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Im going to be SW of your current location that week. Kimberling City.

53driver
04-13-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm going to be there a few of the days. My MSF sponsor is based there so I am going to help him out with some stuff.
Since I'm two hours away, I'll probably head home each night, unless this dude's got a spare couch.

You camping? Hoteling?

stevenolts
04-13-2016, 10:28 AM
I own a condo on the beach that I rent out (Gulf Crest Condos). I am getting the living room and bedrooms carpet replaced with tile so the place will be all tore up Monday - Friday. I hope I can find a place to sleep amongst all the ruble. I may be in the bathroom, kitchen or on the deck in a sleeping bag.

I may have room for a several people on the Sat and Sun night before the rally starts (Thunder Beach starts on Wednesday) (we can have a pre-rally party)/ (I don't think they start the tile until Monday AM) The condo is right on the beach side of Ms Newby's so we don't have to ride or drive after drinking.

Normally the place is fantastic on the 22 floor right on the beach pools, hot tubs, etc.. resort. (We can use the pools hot tubs and 2 beach chairs with umbrella all week)

Let me know if anyone is interested. At the very least we can meet for lunch / dinner, a ride, or Ms Newbys.
Steve

53driver
04-13-2016, 10:49 AM
I own a condo on the beach that I rent out (Gulf Crest Condos). I am getting the living room and bedrooms carpet replaced with tile so the place will be all tore up Monday - Friday. I hope I can find a place to sleep amongst all the ruble. I may be in the bathroom, kitchen or on the deck in a sleeping bag.

I may have room for a several people on the Sat and Sun night before the rally starts (Thunder Beach starts on Wednesday) (we can have a pre-rally party)/ (I don't think they start the tile until Monday AM) The condo is right on the beach side of Ms Newby's so we don't have to ride or drive after drinking.

Normally the place is fantastic on the 22 floor right on the beach pools, hot tubs, etc.. resort. (We can use the pools hot tubs and 2 beach chairs with umbrella all week)

Let me know if anyone is interested. At the very least we can meet for lunch / dinner, a ride, or Ms Newbys.
Steve

That's sweet. I'm getting my MSF re-certification the previous weekend, Thur-Sun at NAS Pensacola. Monday shall be a day of rest - otherwise I'd definitely join you the previous weekend.
I'll PM you my mobile number and we can definitely link up.
Cheers,
Steve

crawdad
04-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Is anyone else going to be at the Panama City Beach Bike Week April 27 - May 1?
I will be there all week!!!
Steve

I'll be there tue.-sat.at racoon river camp ground.matt.silver.

CopperMike
04-14-2016, 09:11 PM
I wish! Someday.

53driver
04-14-2016, 11:59 PM
I wish! Someday.

C'mon down! I'll put you up for the nights!

blueverclear
04-15-2016, 02:01 AM
Im thinking about it........

53driver
04-15-2016, 10:31 AM
It'd be cool to see you again Grant....Tax season is over soon...I think you need some R&R time.

53driver
04-15-2016, 01:03 PM
I'll be staying with a friend in Panama City this year - so any accommodation offers for this year cannot be honored - but next year, with a little planning, we can make this more inclusive.
grouphug

blueverclear
04-18-2016, 01:40 AM
It'd be cool to see you again Grant....Tax season is over soon...I think you need some R&R time.

Looks like its happening. We will be coming down Saturday morning and hanging out all day then coming home not too early sunday morning. Looking for a hotel now, I will call you steve this week so that we can make some plans to hook up!

Grant

GaTeach
04-18-2016, 06:53 AM
not too early sunday morning.

Grant

Lol. You planning on raising hell Saturday night?

53driver
04-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Glide One coming to Thunder Beach too?
I thinkI saw that in another thread....

blueverclear
04-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Lol. You planning on raising hell Saturday night?

And you know this!!!! lol looking for a room now.

53driver
04-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Okay, so far it looks like myself, sorcerer, crawdad, stevenolts, blueverclear, Glide One, Teach, with a possible cameo appearance from "Fearless Leader" Phantom - even if we have to go looking for him.

7 + himself.

Anyone else??????

53driver
04-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Looks like its happening. We will be coming down Saturday morning and hanging out all day then coming home not too early sunday morning. Looking for a hotel now, I will call you steve this week so that we can make some plans to hook up!

Grant

Grant - who is included in "we"???

blueverclear
04-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Grant - who is included in "we"???

Right now just me and wifey, still looking for a room though..... I will find one for sure!

blueverclear
04-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Right now just me and wifey, still looking for a room though..... I will find one for sure!

Just booked at the Osprey on the Gulf. I'm ready!

53driver
04-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Just booked at the Osprey on the Gulf. I'm ready!

Most excellent!

GaTeach
04-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Most excellent!

Is there a meeting place?

blueverclear
04-20-2016, 11:43 PM

That's a very good question Ms. Teach, also what days are everyone going? I am meeting some friends from the roadstar clinic off of exit 17 in Pensacola and we are gonna ride in on Saturday morning and leaving sunday morning.

Grant

blueverclear
04-21-2016, 07:49 PM

So im meeting some of my other friends on saturday @ Margarita for 1pm. Maybe we can all meet here for lunch and then go to the bike show right next to it after. Anyone interested?

Grant

53driver
04-21-2016, 08:06 PM
So im meeting some of my other friends on saturday @ Margarita for 1pm. Maybe we can all meet here for lunch and then go to the bike show right next to it after. Anyone interested?

Grant

Sounds cool. I'll have to check with my host and see if I'm needed then.

GaTeach
04-22-2016, 06:17 AM

Grant

My mama is making me some pecan pies to bring down for y'all. :)

Sounds great to me.

blueverclear
04-25-2016, 04:29 AM
My mama is making me some pecan pies to bring down for y'all. :)

Sounds great to me.

Can't wait for some home made southern pecan pies lol

GaTeach
04-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Grant-do you have an address for the meeting place?

blueverclear
04-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Grant-do you have an address for the meeting place?

Margaritaville
Pier Park, 16230 Front Beach Rd,
Panama City Beach, FL 32413

Saturday April 30th @ 1pm

Grant

GaTeach
04-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Margaritaville
Pier Park, 16230 Front Beach Rd,
Panama City Beach, FL 32413

Saturday April 30th @ 1pm

Grant

Mama is bringing me three pecan pies tomorrow. :)

blueverclear
04-25-2016, 11:36 PM

And Im ready for one too!!!! Weather is looking real good so far

53driver
04-26-2016, 10:02 AM

And Im ready for one too!!!! Weather is looking real good so far

You'll be fighting me for one of them if I can break free from my MSF duties.....

53driver
04-27-2016, 09:51 AM

Grant

I should be finished with MSF and available by 1300. I'll be there.
Coming from the western side.

GaTeach
04-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Anyone else????

53driver
04-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Had to stop for a snack at the Silver Strand Outlet Mall. Being a Philly guy, Auntie Annie's Pretzels. Yum.

53driver
04-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Had a great supper with Stevenolts, his friend Jeff and his friend Kate. Oh yeah, Teach was there too. Dee's Hangout. Great food!

Tomorrow is the great meeting at Margaritaville at 1 PM. Yes , we will be looking for our "lost shaker of salt" (Phantom). :icon_mrgreen:

Cheers,
Steve

carpdm
04-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Everybody have a safe ride. Look forward to some pics.

Phantom
04-30-2016, 09:25 PM
:cheers:

Had a very nice afternoon with great company.
Lots of Hardley's, saw a couple of other F6B's.
Weather was very nice which contributed to the large turn out of Bikers at the Thunder Beach Rally :icon_cool::yes:

Had some awesome Pecan Pie :shhh: with no crust :icon_mrgreen:

GaTeach
04-30-2016, 11:54 PM
Kind of busy dodging stampeding herds of hd water buffalo. Ill write more later. :)

carpdm
05-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Kind of busy dodging stampeding herds of hd water buffalo. Ill write more later. :)

LOL..SG should be ahead of them. :). Look forward to the report.

blueverclear
05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Had a great time hanging out with yall yesterday even met a really nice couple last night on a wing who we ended up having a nice dinner with.

Here are a couple pics one from lunch a Margaritaville and one at frank brown park. Cant wait to see everyone again(posssibly a day or two at the rally).............. Lol

GaTeach
05-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Had a great time hanging out with yall yesterday even met a really nice couple last night on a wing who we ended up having a nice dinner with.

Here are a couple pics one from lunch a Margaritaville and one at frank brown park. Cant wait to see everyone again(posssibly a day or two at the rally).............. Lol

Pictures?!?!?! Wait. I thought we determined "what happens in TB, stays in TB"

blueverclear
05-01-2016, 08:10 PM

ok so from left to right

GA Teach - Kelly
Mamma's Pecan Pie and the star of the day! lol
Gordon - friend from Roadstar Clinic Forum
53 Driver - Steve
Blueverclear - Grant
Ms. Blueverclear - Rachelle
Phantom - Tony
Tom - friend from Roadstar clinic who met the Perfect woman and totally in love with Teach lol

GaTeach
05-01-2016, 09:16 PM

carpdm
05-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Pictures?!?!?! Wait. I thought we determined "what happens in TB, stays in TB"

Sure hope that pie didn't "stay in TB". Thanks for sharing pics.

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 07:04 AM

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 07:37 AM
I gave my sub the day off today. This is me:

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 11:01 AM
LOL..SG should be ahead of them. :). Look forward to the report.

Thunder Beach with the F6B crowd was a riot. We are definitely the stars of the show. The only bikes getting more attention had front rims taller than Shaq and paint jobs that probably cost more than my bike.

Everyone wants to talk about the F6B.

Like 53 said, we all met for supper Thursday night at Dee's. The soft shell crab was great and so was the company. It was great to meet stevenolts and his friends. Talking bikes and soccer. Fun. Oh and Free Pete. Seriously.

53 and I took the bikes out Friday and rode some beautiful Florida back roads and then down to Port St Joe and along the coast. Just beautiful. And not too many water buffaloes out that way.

Saturday morning, I was headed out of town to ride for a while when I spotted an F6B headed south into PCB. Since I was just riding with no particular destination, I thought it would be fun to catch up. As soon as the median cleared, I did a uturn and lit out after the F6B. I caught up several miles down the road and it was GRANT and Rachel with their Roadstar buddies. Very cool.

We had such a great time at Margaritaville. It was so much fun laughing and cutting up with everyone. And Phantom showed!!! Yay!

These bikes make such a splash and especially when there is more than one. They may not hear us coming but they'll see the blur when we blow by them.

My favorite quote of the rally: lol

"Directionals? Directionals? WTF? You talkin' 'bout TURRRRRRRRRRRN SIGNALS?"

Oh, and:

"You are the only teacher in the world whose substitute works more than the teacher does."

This is the most lame ride report I've ever written. I'm exhausted. I really should have called my sub.

wjduke
05-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Thunder Beach with the F6B crowd was a riot. We are definitely the stars of the show. The only bikes getting more attention had front rims taller than Shaq and paint jobs that probably cost more than my bike.

Everyone wants to talk about the F6B.

Like 53 said, we all met for supper Thursday night at Dee's. The soft shell crab was great and so was the company. It was great to meet stevenolts and his friends. Talking bikes and soccer. Fun. Oh and Free Pete. Seriously.

53 and I took the bikes out Friday and rode some beautiful Florida back roads and then down to Port St Joe and along the coast. Just beautiful. And not too many water buffaloes out that way.

Saturday morning, I was headed out of town to ride for a while when I spotted an F6B headed south into PCB. Since I was just riding with no particular destination, I thought it would be fun to catch up. As soon as the median cleared, I did a uturn and lit out after the F6B. I caught up several miles down the road and it was GRANT and Rachel with their Roadstar buddies. Very cool.

We had such a great time at Margaritaville. It was so much fun laughing and cutting up with everyone. And Phantom showed!!! Yay!

These bikes make such a splash and especially when there is more than one. They may not hear us coming but they'll see the blur when we blow by them.

Oh, and:

"You are the only teacher in the world whose substitute works more than the teacher does."

This is the most lame ride report I've ever written. I'm exhausted. I really should have called my sub.
Good write up teach...you see what I put out there, who cares lol

stevenolts
05-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Sorry I missed all of you. I was there from Thursday 4/21 - Saturday 4/30 morning. I had to be at work on Monday and it is a long ride home to St Louis.

Hopefully I will see you all at the rally!!!
Steve

53driver
05-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Sorry I missed all of you. I was there from Thursday 4/21 - Saturday 4/30 morning. I had to be at work on Monday and it is a long ride home to St Louis.

Hopefully I will see you all at the rally!!!
Steve

Glad you made it home safely Steve. Great meeting you too!
See you at the Rally!

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 01:48 PM
How did I not know he was doing rabbit ears? lol

53driver
05-02-2016, 02:06 PM
How did I not know he was doing rabbit ears? lol

...stealth technology...

hardtail
05-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Great that you all had such a good time and made it home safely. Really would liked to have tried the pie!

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Great that you all had such a good time and made it home safely. Really would liked to have tried the pie!

Come see me, boo. :)

My mama has already said she would ship some to Arkansas. (I'm spoiled and my mama is a very generous lady)

hardtail
05-02-2016, 08:48 PM
You be sure and give Mama a hug for her effort! Are you still going to the races in a couple weeks?

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 08:50 PM
You be sure and give Mama a hug for her effort! Are you still going to the races in a couple weeks?

YES!!!! Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragstrip. We are getting picked up at school in a limo. Lol.

hardtail
05-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Been to a bunch of races but never in a limo. Somebody really likes you!!

GaTeach
05-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Been to a bunch of races but never in a limo. Somebody really likes you!!

Let's just say I got in a map measuring contest with my compadre. I won.

blueverclear
05-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Let's just say I got in a map measuring contest with my compadre. I won.
hahaha You always win lol and for good reasons too!

blueverclear
05-02-2016, 09:29 PM

Oh, and:

hahahaha girl your substitute is the highest paid substitute in the state of Georgia for sure lol

And to my buddy steve.... YOU ARE THE MAN lol

Grant

GaTeach
05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
hahahaha girl your substitute is the highest paid substitute in the state of Georgia for sure lol

And to my buddy steve.... YOU ARE THE MAN lol

Grant

And now you know what "directionals" are!

GaTeach
05-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Sure hope that pie didn't "stay in TB". Thanks for sharing pics.

Between all of us, the desk clerk, the night watchman, the waitress, and the bartender, all three pies got et.

wjduke
05-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Between all of us, the desk clerk, the night watchman, the waitress, and the bartender, all three pies got et.

And MY accent is in question? :lolup:

53driver
05-03-2016, 03:03 PM

And MY accent is in question? :lolup:

"Djeet?"
"No, djew?"

Two Philadelphians discussing their state of hunger......

stevenolts
05-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Call me perverted but I thought there might be more to these pies.

53driver
05-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Call me perverted

"PERVERTED!"

Okay, now what??? Lol.